Assistance

A Story of a Complicated Friendship

A week went by and more and more incidents popped up all over school. Everyone knew that the girls targeted were ones who bullied or attacked Haneul, who also overlapped in bullying Jinhee. Neither girls were being assaulted anymore; everyone was too scared. The girls at the Haneul attack noticed that the ones who did the most damage to Haneul were the ones that were suffering the most. One girl and her family got Crabs. Another had a father lose their job. Some were being followed home by shadowy figures that never did anything to them, just followed and followed and followed. They were hearing noises in their room at night. No one was sleeping anymore.

 

One girl had her dog killed after being hit by a car – but that incident was actually just a coincidence and in no way related to Jinhee.

 

Finally, the two girls were called out by all the girls during club meeting, which all the guys were now a part of to some extent. Though Dongwoon sat outside with whomever to keep him company until the club activities ended.

 

“Please!” They begged the two girls. The tortured girls had dark circles, had ragged clothes and all in all looked like they’d been through hell.

 

“Can we help you?” Jinhee looked at them coldly.

 

“Make it stop!”

 

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Jinhee cocked her head to the side, faking confusion. “Make what stop?”

 

“I’m sorry! We bullied and attacked you two! We just love them too much! We were jealous! We’re so sorry! Please stop this!”

 

“How about you jog our memories? I seem to only recall you girls playing games with me.” Jinhee smiled darkly. “And you said you attacked Haneul?”

 

“We pushed you around, put razor blades in your papers. Broken glass in your backpack. We pushed and shoved you and called you names!”

 

“Is that so? Here I was, thinking I’d pissed some ghost off. What about Haneul?”

 

“We waited hours for her to come home. Then we waited for her to be alone. We dragged her away from the apartment entrance and beat her up. We’re so sorry! We were wrong!”

 

“Well, that wasn’t nice of you now was it? I’m sure if her parents saw that happening, they wouldn’t have been pleased.”

 

“They came! They tried to stop us, and most of us stopped, but some turned and starting hitting them too!”

 

“Oh, hitting someone’s mom and dad? That’s no good.”

 

“Please! We’re so sorry!” They kept begging and begging. Haneul was shaking like a leaf behind the shorter girl in charge.

 

Dongwoon came into the club room, for the first time ever, and hugged Jinhee.

 

“You can stop this now. It’s over.” He whispered in her ears. “Stop pretending to be okay. Stop pretending doing this doesn’t affect you. Tell them you’ll make it stop.”

 

She visibly sagged into his embrace. She recollected herself and left his warm arms.

 

She turned away from the girls.

 

“I don’t know what you want me to stop. But if I could see the future, I would say that no more of this will happen. But that’s just my guess.”

 

“Thank you!” They all cried more and tried to hug her, but were stopped when Jinhee grabbed a photo of a tarantula and held it out in front of her to stop them.

 

“Get out.” She glared at them. “And stop doing things you must apologize for, or who knows what may happen. But then again, it’s not like I can really see the future, can I?”

 

They quickly ran away, and that was the end of that.

 

“Thank you.” Hyunseung hugged her.

 

“You’re one scary girl.” Yoseob’s Noona leaned against the doorframe.

 

“Says the one who beats girls up in front of a whole class without a care in the world.” Jinhee rolled her eyes.

 

“At least my damage was mostly superficial. You’ve scarred those girls for life.”

 

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Jinhee smiled.

 

“You’re creepy.”

 

“Ouch.” Jinhee feigned hurt.

 

The girl quickly steered the conversation into a more serious direction.

 

“My girls would do well to have someone like you on our side.” There was something strange about how she was approaching her.

 

“Don’t hurt my people and you’ll never find me against you.” Jinhee stared at her intently.

 

“Are you back talking your sunbae?” She smiled shakily.

 

“No, I’m just telling you the honest truth. But really, is back talking a sunbae something you think I wouldn’t do?” Jinhee smiled, still trying to figure out what was wrong.

 

“Of course not. Word of you getting those girls glued to a toilet is still going around. There are pictures online, marking them for life.” She snickered. “Come on, join us. We need you.” There was a sense of urgency in her tone.

 

“I see no need. Yoseob is a friend of mine now, and I like you well enough. If you need to call in a favor and it’s not unreasonable like firing all the teachers who pissed you off, I can do it. Why do you need me so bad? Do you need your record cleaned?” Jinhee stared at her curiously. “Hmm, it’s not that. So what is it?”

 

“I need you to find someone…”

 

“Noona…” Yoseob jumped up, frowning. “It’s not their responsibility.”

 

“It’s okay. Who is it? I’ll have my people find them. Come in.” She called and instantly three disguised men came in. “You’re at her disposal when it comes to finding whoever it is.”

 

“You don’t have to do this…”

 

“She doesn’t have to do this, but we need her to.”

 

“What happened?” KiKwang grabbed his friend. “What aren’t you telling us?”

 

“Someone took our cousin.”

 

“Did you report it to the cops?”

 

“We did, but they haven’t found her.” She looked like she wanted to cry.

 

Junhyung frowned and came over to her. “It’s okay, just tell her what happened. It’ll be okay.”

 

“Well, Junhyung’s in, so I really can’t not help, now can I?” Jinhee smiled.

 

“Why was your cousin taken? Which cousin is it by the way?” Jinhee and Yoseob narrowed their eyes at how close the two were. Junhyung doesn’t hug just any girl, and Yoseob’s Noona definitely does NOT let just any guy touch her.

 

“It’s Mina.” Mina was the Yang sibling’s younger cousin from Ilsan. She was fifteen and had the biggest crush on Dongwoon, but Jinhee didn’t need to know that just yet.

 

“Hae Yeon ah.” Junhyung sighed and hugged her tighter when she started crying. Mina was Haeyeon’s favorite cousin. Almost like the little sister she never had. Though, she was a bit bratty when it came to Dongwoon.

 

Jinhee nodded and made a call to her assistant. “Sorry, got another favor for you.”

 

Her assistant chuckled, glad to finally have interesting things to do for her boss, “I’m on it.”

 

It took all of ten minutes for her assistant to get back to her.

 

Jinhee smiled. “Mina was taken because of your uncle’s debts, and we have leads.” She told the Yang siblings. “The cops were actually trying really hard to find her; they were just looking in all the wrong places. She’s been missing for less than two days, and they’ve only sent their first message to her parents, so we’re hopeful.”

 

“You… Thank you.” Yoseob tackled her. “I didn’t think you would help… thank you!”

 

“Of course I would help.” Jinhee smiled and patted his back awkwardly.

 

Her phone rang again. He got off her so she could answer.

 

“That’s great!” She beamed and hung up. “They got her location; my people are sneaking in now!”

 

“How are they doing this so fast?”

 

“I have two twin prodigy cousins our age who are world class detectives. They were sent everything and they figured it out. They’re transferring from a Japanese school to some school in Seoul today. They’re on a plane here now.”

 

“Holy …” They all stared at her texting away on her phone.

 

“Oh, I’m meeting them for dinner after their plane lands in thirty minutes.” She stopped texting when she got another phone call, “Hello? Okay, that’s great. Remind me to give you a raise.” Jinhee nodded, smiling, “Guess who was found and in one piece? Your cousin! There were three kidnappers, as my cousins figured there would be, and they have all been apprehended.”

 

“You really are scary.” Yoseob’s sister cried, coming to hug her too.

 

“Sorry, I don’t know you too well. You hug Junhyung again.” Jinhee grimaced and stepped back. Junhyung and the girl laughed. “So, how long have you two been dating?”

 

“What?” They both looked at her shocked.

 

Yoseob glared over at his friend furiously. “Dude! That’s my sister!”

 

“I…”

 

“I mean, how long have you two not been dating…?” Jinhee smiled and finished lamely. “Sorry.” Then she got another call and answered it in a corner.

 

“Oh get over it. We’ve been dating for a few months.” Haeyeon sighed. “But we didn’t want you to find out because you’re all hurt about these things.”

 

“But! That’s my friend! You’re my sister! What the hell?!”

 

“Sorry man…” Junhyung scratched his head awkwardly.

 

“How did you two even start?” Dongwoon laughed.

 

“Hey, my assistant says your cousin and her family wants to come to Seoul to thank my cousins when they get here. They’re getting flown over.”

 

“Are you serious?”

 

“Yup. And my people are dealing with the people who they owe money to now. Did you know he racked up millions of dollars in debt?”

 

“He has a gambling problem.” Haeyeon nodded and sighed.

 

Jinhee sighed as her phone rang again minutes later. “Okay. Settle it. Use my personal account.”

 

“Is she…?” Haeyeon and Yoseob stared at her wide eyed.

 

“Okay. All done.” Jinhee smiled. She turned and saw her workers in janitor’s disguises, still waiting for her command. “You are no longer needed. My assistant will have everything done for you by the end of tonight.” The three hired hands nodded and disappeared.

 

“Did you hire… ninjas?” KiKwang stared at her wide eyed.

 

“Maybe.” She smiled. “Come on, activities ended a while ago. Would you like to meet my cousins as well? We’re going to some place nice for dinner. Your cousins will be there too.”

 

“Huh? Sure…?” They seemed confused, but followed her out. Jinhee made a short phone call and they were all met with black cars at the school entrance.

 

“Give them your keys, they’ll bring your cars home for you.” Jinhee instructed the guys.

 

“Hey…” Dongwoon pulled her back as the others were guided to various cars.

 

“Hm?”

 

“Did you pay off the debt for them?”

 

“Of course I did.” She nodded and looked at him like it was the most obvious thing to do.

 

“Why do you do these things?”

 

“Because… I like them and they needed my help. Don’t you want me to help your friends in situations like these?”

 

“That’s not it. Thanks.” He smiled and hugged her. “Did this help you feel better after the past nine days?”

 

“Yeah. A lot better.” She smiled up at him. “Is this all you wanted to know?”

 

He nodded and let her go.

 

She turned and, when he wasn’t looking, frowned. She joined the vehicle with Junhyung, Doojoon (who was playing peace keeper), and the Yang Siblings.

 

“We can drive you in a separate car, Young Mistress.” A driver stopped to ask her.

 

“It’s okay. I want to sit with them.” She smiled and sat in the back between Yoseob and Doojoon. “I hope you don’t mind me cramming in with you guys.”

 

“It’s no problem. You’re small. If KiKwang, Jin Gyo, or Dongwoon tried to come in, we would have kicked them.” Yoseob laughed. “Like this.” And he kicked Junhyung, who was directly in front of him.

 

“Yah!” Haeyeon glared at her little brother.

 

“What? I was just showing her how I would kick someone.” He kicked Junhyung again.

 

Junhyung, in turn, just sat there and took it, though he looked like he wanted to jump back there and strangle the smaller boy. Jinhee sighed and turned to Yoseob, smiling.

 

In two minutes, she convinced him he was sleepy and he was napping.

 

“How did she do that?” Haeyeon gaped at her snoring little brother.

 

“Seriously, don’t ever cross her. Just accept the things she does and don’t question her. It’s safer that way.” Junhyung sighed. The couple finally relaxed and talked to each other comfortably.

 

 

 

 


 

Poor girl never gets a break does she? After finishing one thing, it's another, but I think she handles things pretty well. Sorry if this chapter seemed kind of all over the place. I kind of wrote it a bit drunk and sleepy, so it's not one of my better chapters.

 

Random Question of the Day

What do you hate doing the most?

 

For me personally, it's a toss up between dieting and spending time with my dad. Both make me pretty irationally angry haha.

 

Well thanks for reading, please subscribe and comment ^^