Signs of Love

Signs of Love

Lee Sungmin and Cho Kyuhyun.

If we have to tell a story about these two, then it would take us a whole lifetime to investigate and complete them in a book. What happening between them in every second is a precious story that not everybody know, and they don’t intent to let anyone know either. 

Keeping it all to themselves and content with it? No, hell wrong, dear.

They truly don’t satisfy with it at all. The reason why is… well, let’s us share their small story with you.



Lee Sungmin, 26 years old, obsesses with pink and cute stuff, a feminine type of guy but at the same time can deceives everyone with his look and not likely a loser in a fight, he’s a material master for devil fear.

On the other hand, Cho Kyuhyun, currently in his 24, likes games and enjoys being mischievous maknae in the group. He can be gentle as he can but it’s not nonsense when his hyungs called him insolent kid. He just like that, full of himself.

Sungmin and Kyuhyun, a bunny and a wolf, they’re usually compared like that, are actually…in love.

Someone has known it, someone doesn’t, but they really falls for each other. It hasn’t taken long for the maknae to realise his yearning feeling for the latter, and so does Sungmin. But though they’re in love and they know the other love them too, they haven’t form into a couple yet.

Shy? No no no. They may look shy on stage and shows, but when it comes to relationship, ‘shy’ isn’t in their dictionary.

It’s their stubbornness and their hatred in losing.

Speaking straight out, they just don’t want to be the first one to confess. Well, they hate being lost to anyone, remember their personalities? Yeah, that’s why.

But they’re impatient too. Young hearts are pretty impatient in love. And so after so long waiting, the greatest gamer finally decides to carry on a plan to confess to Sungmin, indirectly. Being an IT guy he is, Kyuhyun goes on the internet and research for signs of love. He doesn’t want to be so obvious- like sending a message ‘I love you’ to the latter, nor being cheesy- making a heart shape from rose petals or a heart shape balloon. He wants to confess to Sungmin without saying it, without losing his pride, but at the same time, he can gain the ‘I love you’ first from the latter. He knows the latter too well for his stubbornness- just like him, so he smirks victoriously as he finds out some ways to confessing without saying anything at all. And he thinks he would be successful in this, cuz Sungmin, he just can’t stand to be touched by the evil maknae. Kyuhyun knows, Sungmin likes it so much when he accidently touches his hands, brushing their shoulder slightly when standing side by side, etc.

So one day, his decides to start the plan.

“Kyuhyun-ah, there’s plenty of seats over there, ya’ know?”

The cheeky one smirks as he leans on Sungmin’s shoulder. His smirk get higher as he feels the elder stiffens at the contact. 

‘Ask me “What’s wrong?” and COMFORT ME, please’ he wishes inside his head. But to his disappointment, the latter pays no more attention to him and keeps on putting popcorn in his mouth while his eyes glued to the TV screen.

After a short while, Kyuhyun’s hand comes to his right side and grabs the smaller, in with earns a startle from the smaller figure he’s leaning on.

I LIKE YOU, you know?’

He takes his head off the shoulder and gazes into the browns orb that are staring oddly at him.

‘DO YOU LIKE ME?’

But the latter show no emotion, except for the frown getting higher, and Kyuhyun pouts. He squeezes the hand in his.

‘I WANT A KISS’

He watches as the older male his head aside, confused, but then his face brightens as he realises something, and the younger heart skips a beat.

Sungmin offers the box of popcorn from his other hand to Kyuhyun.

“Want some?”

Face palm.







He knows the maknae is up to something- no scratch that, it’s not simply something. The guy is trying to make him go insane. Kyuhyun’s obviously trying to make him confessing his feeling for the younger. But like hell he would giving in to his tricks, that what he thought. However, sometimes he just can’t help but hate his and Kyuhyun’s stubbornness. 

It’s getting harder and harder for him these days to endure it. Especially when he really longs for Kyuhyun’s touch and the one surely enjoys torturing him with that. Occasionally, when they meet after finishing their individual schedule, the letter would come to him and gives him a short hug. The short-lasting contact makes his heart flutters and he feels blissful. 

But… ‘Be patient, Sungmin, be patient’ he reminds himself repeatedly.

“Kyuhyun-ah, have you eaten yet?” he asks as a greeting.

The latter gives him a smile that can melt him heart, and an unexpected wink. What’s the wink for?

“Kyuhyun-ah, is your eye ok?”

He can’t understand why the latter just rolls his eyes at him and says nothing. He really doesn’t get it. It must be something.





And there they are again, sitting on the couch together watching TV, or more like staring at the screen without knowing what is playing on the screen, because they’re too concentrating to monitor what the other doing by the corner of their eyes.

Kyuhyun’s hand rises up to his head and plays with his hair lovingly.

‘Darn it. What’s the hell is he doing to me?’ Screams Sungmin inside, but he keeps his composure and turns to his dongsaeng.

“Neh, Kyuhyunnie. You’ve been strange lately. Is there anything you need to tell me?”

‘Just go and tell me “I love you” already, before I lose control and say it, dammit!’

But the maknae just shows him a grin as he leans down…

‘OMG! He’s so close!’

A gentle kiss is place on his nose and Sungmin freezes on the spot, but his mind is squeaking right now.

‘He kissed my nose! KYUHYUN KISSED MY NOSE!’

He has to hold his hands in fist to restrain himself from shouting the confession already. He knows the latter notices that by his smirk, but he just gives him another questioning look.

“Kyu-“ and before he has the chance to call the letter name, his heart is going to explode as the handsome face leans down again and his cheeks are given kisses.

‘DARN IT! WHY Y-‘

And this time even his brain has the chance to scream as it’s stolen from the maknae. The younger leans down once again after giving his pink cheeks kisses, to pressing his soft lips against his. His eyes widen at the eyes closed Kyuhyun kissing him fully in the lips, but slowly, the kiss is pulling him deep in bliss and he loves it. He love the sensation of their connected lips. His heart thumps like crazy now and is going to explode very soon. He’s melting into the kiss, and so does Kyuhyun. It’s so sweet, so gentle and pure for a first kiss they share together. And smiles show up clearly on either faces as they break apart. The Aegyo king flushes a deep red at the smiling face in front of him, his mind is screaming again, urging him to say the 3 precious words that he has been too stubborn holding it in.

‘SAY IT NOW! SUNGMIN! NOW!!!’

“K-Kyu… I-I…lo”

He steals a glance at the latter and seeing the younger’s face brighten in anticipation, Sungmin feels the courage inside goes down rapidly. Just like every time he almost spills it all out, one glance at the latter’s face and he swallows his words right away. 

Like we said before, he hates to lose.

“K-Kyu, why did you kiss me?”

The evil maknae literally face palms himself, making Sungmin jolts from the sudden act. He then let out a long sigh and places a hand on his hyung's shoulder. Staring into Sungmin’s browns orb deeply with a smile that somehow seem so ironic. 

“W-what?” 

“Nothing...” Kyuhyun lets another sigh slips through his mouth as he gets up and walks away, leaving a dumbfound baby faced male sitting with a confused heart.

‘WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!?! THAT JERK!!!’

Sungmin screams silently as he flops his body down on the couch, kicking and turning in frustration. When his eyes peeks at their room we the latter has gone to, he takes notice at something was dropped on the latter’s way.

“A note?” he mumbles to himself as he picks the paper up and returns to his seat and reads it.

His eyes goes wide, then his cheeks turns from pink to red as a tomato and he starts giggling like a girl.

“This guy… how stubborner can he get…” Sungmin complains, but his heart is jumping proudly in joy and bliss. The more he reads the the note, the more he knows how the latter trying to show him, how much he loves him.




Getting occasional short hugs means : I MISS YOU
Winking at you means : I WANT TO GO WITH YOU 
Playing with your hair means: I ADORE YOU
Kiss on the nose means : YOU’RE CUTE. 
Kiss on the cheek means : I NEED YOU. 
Kiss on the lips means : I LOVE YOU. 



“Kyaayaa~~” Sungmin squeaks into the mattress, muffling his voice from overjoyed reaction in order not to let the other one hear. 

‘OMG! CHO KYUHYUN! WHY DO HAVE TO BE THIS CUTE!’ he grins from ear to ear, reading down the note til it reach the end of paper. Now he knows the reason behind all that strange acts of the latter from, and he can’t help but toss and turn on the couch, feeling happiness filling his heart.


Kissing with eyes closed means : I’M IN LOVE WITH YOU.


‘You can just stop being stubborn and tell it to me, you know?’ Sungmin smiles and as he reaches the bottom of the page, he turns it over to find another signs of love that Kyuhyun has showed him. There’s only one line left on the other side.


Placing hands on shoulder means : GET THE HINT STUPID!!!






The End