I'm sorry, mom.

[ONESHOT] I'm sorry, Mom

I looked at him as we lay on the bed. I knew that I hadn't made a good decision when I fell in love with him, it may even be my worst decision, but the thing is that I love him. I love him more than I have ever loved somebody, and that’s why I can’t walk away from him. Though he’s a bad boy, he’s been there for me more than my mother, though my mother has been one of my best friends for years. She knows about him: but not the truth. I was about to go out from the room and call my mom to tell her who he really is but he woke up.

"Hailey, darling, where are you going?" he asked, pulling me back into his embrace.

"Oh, you’re awake. I was thinking about making breakfast for us. What would you like me to cook for you?" I was smiling so that he couldn’t see I was lying. It was the first time I was lying to him and I felt so bad because he has never lied to me, not even once. Or maybe I just want to think that way.

"I don’t need anything when you’re with me," he said, and pressed a kiss on my lips.

"You can’t survive that way," I laughed at him.

"I've survived until now. Why do you think I can’t survive until the end?"

"Ah, don’t ask such stupid questions. I’m going to kitchen now and I'll make something to eat. You can sleep until then or go and wash or something," I said and stepped out of the room.

I was barely wearing anything, so I took his shirt from the table where he dropped it last night and headed to the kitchen. I sat on the kitchen table and breathed in. For a second I was thought about running away, he would understand, right? But I can’t let go anymore: I'm too deep in love. When I fell for him, I knew what I was doing so I can’t give up now. I can’t let him down.

Finding things from the refrigerator and cupboards, I started to cook delicious breakfast. Last time I made something to eat for the two of us was weeks ago since we had to go away for a while. And now, since we’re back, I’m making him some omlettes, bacon, rice and other things.
I was in the middle of making the omlette when he came and put his arms on my waist, whispering "I already missed you". I told him that I was here the whole time. He kissed me on the cheek and went to lay the table, telling me that we'd have to pack our things later because we won’t be coming back here again. Miami is sunny place, most of the people come here to go clubs and meet new people but we came here to hide. Hide from these who want to find us. But someone may notice us and we can't let that happen otherewise we have to go to... yeah, I shouldn't be thinking about that, I promised him.

It was already 2PM when we were in the car, ready to go away from Miami. We hadn’t decided yet where to go to, but I guess he decided as soon as we hit the road. He stopped at a gas stationa and went to buy some bottles of water and ice cream. I stayed in the car, thinking about how should I tell my mom. What should I even do? Should I stay with the love of my life or let go of him? Or do I stay with him and throw away the normality I have left? He came back, smiling, telling that we can go now.

"Are you okay, darling?" he asked, he didn’t smile anymore.

"Yeah, of course, why do you ask?" I turned my head to face him and smiled a fake smile but he saw straight through it.

"Hailey, tell me what’s wrong?" he said, taking my hand.

"I was thinking about... Nevermind, it’s nothing. I’ll tell you once I’m ready. Okay?" I told him and pressed a kiss to his lips. I could tell he wasn’t happy with the answer, but he didn’t say anything. He started driving and I fell asleep.

By night, we were in a hotel in a place I've never been before. I mean, we've ’travelled’ many times before, I have been in almost every town and village and mostly everywhere where we can spend the night, but I didn’t know the name of the place of where we were. I told him that I’m going out for a while, just to walk, and that I'd call my mom to tell her that I’m okay. I walked around for a while and took a deep breath. It was time to tell my mom about him.

"Hey mom, were you sleeping already?" I asked when she picked up.

"Hey, darlin’, no, I was watching tv. How are you?" she asked.

"I’m fine, you?" I asked.

"I’m fine, also," she said happily.

"Mom, I need to tell you about something,"

“Hailey, is everything okay?’’ she asked, worried.

"It’s about... him," I told her. Was I doing this right? "I have to tell you something about him that you don’t know. And it’s not good."

"You know that you can tell me everything," I could tell she was getting scared now.

"Hyunmin's a criminal, mom."