[OS] My Other Half

[OS] My Other Half

Lia's POV :

"Lia, can you pass me the Big C, please?" Steph sunbae asked.

"Ne~ Here," I handed over a long, thick, hard-covered book with the title 'FITNESS GYM'S CLIENTS' to her. Well, we labeled it as the Big C because Fitness Gym goes by the principle of 'Clients First before Anything Else'.

"Gomawo, Li Li," she smiled, grabbing the book. She then flipped to a random page, adjusted her glasses and scribbled something down on another book. I smiled, looking at her.

Guess you should know by now what I work as, right? No? Okay, I'm working, part-time because I'm still in the middle of job hunting, here at Fitness Gym as the Jack of all trades. Receptionist, equipment surveyor, trainer, you name it. They made me multitask since they said that I have a quick-thinking mind. I'm not boasting but yeah, I do have a quick-thinking mind and I felt extremely happy whenever I have completed a task or helped a client.

As time goes by, this gym has eventually become my second home. Correction, my first home, since I spent most of my time here every day compared to my home where I'll only go there to sleep. And the people here are like my second family already. They took good care of me especially my sunbaes and even my hoobaes. Steph is one of my sunbaes here and she took good care of me like I'm her own sister. She's a really nice person.

I sighed at the thought that time flies so fast that I have already devoted myself to this gym for a year already.

I guess this is not my part-time job anymore. More like my full-time job! I gotta find a way to tell the manager about taking me as one of the official workers here! Keunde eotteohke? (But how?) *sighs*

A brown-haired guy suddenly perked his head in front of me and said, "Annyeong, Lia!" I was kinda startled at his sudden action since I didn't see that coming.

"Yah, Jjong oppa! You'll scare her!" Hee Young, my hoobae, slapped his arms playfully. He chuckled and pulled her into his arms. They then went giggling at each other. I smiled, looking at how close and how cute they are. He's handsome and muscular and all but he's already taken. He's my hoobae's. So, yeah... *sighs* Wonder when will I find my other half?

"Jagi-ah, my chingu's here. Catch you later, kay?" Jjong said to Hee Young while giving a peck on her forehead after answering a phone call.

"Aigoo! The both of you! Enough of your skinshisp here! Go do it somewhere else. I think I'm gonna puke any minute from now," I made a vomiting face at them.

"Yah, unnie!" Hee Young pouted at me.

"I'm going, Lia. No more skinships here, I promise. We'll do it somewhere else, right Youngie?" Hee Young and I laughed at what Jjong had said.

While we were having a good time laughing, a guy pushed his way through the doors of Fitness Gym with a bag slung over his right shoulder while the other hand was inserted into his pocket. The next thing I know, my eyes went scrolling up and down at this human and keyed in some data of him in my 'CPU'.

One, he has a pair of big but adorable eyes. Two, he has this dangerously looking Adam's apple. Three, he's so muscular that I may end up fainting in front of him if he were to stand shirtless facing me. And four, the unfortunate point, he's too tall for my height that the highest I can reach if I am to stand beside him will be his shoulders. But never mind, he's smoking hot! He's like a living God on Earth!

I tried to slap myself psychologically, making the thought that my angel has arrived on Earth for me.

"Minho!" Jjong signaled to him. He smiled at Jjong and walked charismatically towards him. God, his smile is so sweet! Why is there such a perfect person in this world?

"Guys, this is my chingu, Minho. And Minho, this is my girl, Hee Young. We went out together before remember?" Minho nodded, smiling at her.

"Steph at the counter there and Lia," Jjong made an introduction to him.

"Annyeonghaseyo," Minho bowed to us in which we did the same back.

"Minho, go register yourself at Lia unnie first," Hee Young said to him. Aish, I'm so gonna kill this girl. As if
it wasn't enough that my heart beat extremely fast the moment I saw him, now you want him to stand
near me, I meant in front of me, talking to me? Aish!

"Choi Minho. I'm new here," the tall oh-so-fine guy said. His husky voice sent my heart racing and caused
the word 'eotteohke' to keep repeating in my head. I was totally stammered for words. Eotteohke??!

"Umm, agashi?" he took me back to reality.

"Ahh, n-ne. Mianhae. My mind was a little off somewhere." Aish, I slapped my forehead psychologically.
Neo jinjja pabo anya? (you are really stupid, aren't you?) 'My mind was a little off somewhere'? What a
lame excuse and what would he think of that? Aish! Pabo!

"Umm... Would you like to be Fitness Member's member?" I continued, trying not to sound stupid for the second time. Aish, of course he is. If not, why would he stand there, in front me? Aish! Stupid me *sighs*
He chuckled and smiled at me... Omo, wait! He. Smiled. At. Me? My mind went singing 2PM's song, Heartbeat. 'Can you feel my heartbeat?'

"Yeah, sure," he answered, getting me back to the real world again. How I wish he answered that to my thought, 'Can you feel my heartbeat?' *sighs*

"J-just fill in your details in this form," I went stuttering in front of him.

"A-and select which membership you want. We do offer memberships from a 6-month membership to a 3-year membership," I continued quickly with a breath of relief at the end. The way he looked at me when
I was explaining just now has really swept my feet off the ground. His eyes are so... Mesmerising and mysterious and twinkling like precious diamonds. That Choi Minho guy really could murder me with his stares!

"I'll take the 6-month membership," he said, smiling. Kyyaaa! I could feel my heart melting there and then!

"Ahh, ne~ Kamsa hamnida for registering. Have fun working out," I said. Again. It sounded so stupid! 'Have fun working out'? *sighs* Minho then chuckled and said, "You're welcome and yeah, I will." He then bowed to me and went off with Jjong.

"Hee Young-ah~ Why didn't you tell me that you met my angel before?"

"Eh? Omo, unnie, what did you just said? 'My angel'?" she asked, stressing on the word 'my angel'. Oh crap! Did I just blurt that out? I thought I was saying that in my mind. Aish!

"Yah, yah, unnie~ Why does your face turn so red all of a sudden?"

"N-ne? N-no, I did not," I touched my burning, red hot cheeks.

"Omo, unnie! Don't tell me that you are..." Hee Young's mouth turned into a big O.

"That I am what? Hey, that guy over there seems like he needs some help. Please assist him. I still have lots of uncompleted work to be done here," I motioned to the guy at the thread mill, trying to change the topic as fast as I could. Hee Young then squinted her eyes at me and pointed her fingers to her eyes, then at me before making her way towards the guy.

That was close! I have already imagined what it would be like if she were to know about how I felt for Minho. She'll tell her Jjong and then Jjong will tell him and he'll start to avoid me. I know it's weird and stupid to fall in love at the first sight but it just happened.

Minho's POV :

"Hyung, who's that girl? She's yeppeuda," I asked Jonghyun hyung while we were heading towards the dumb bell section as I'm kinda curious to know about that girl. The minute I walked into the gym, she caught my eyes and not Jonghyun hyung who have been waiting there for me. Correction, he's not really waiting for me. He's busy PDA-ing with his girl. As always *sighs*

"Who? Her? Yeah, I know right? She's the prettiest human being on Earth!" he exclaimed while flexing his biceps, taking up the 5kilo dumb bell.

"Are you trying to take her away from me??" he shot me a look with his bloodshot eyes. He seems so scary. Like a T-Rex. Not like, he IS a T-Rex.

"MWO??? Hyung! What are you talking about?!" I have no idea why but I flared up the moment he said that about her.

"We're talking bout my girl, right?" he put down the dumb bell immediately and raised his eyebrow at me.

"Aniya~ I know she's yours, hyung. She's pretty but koktchongma, I won't touch her. I'm talking about the girl standing beside her, the one with the long ponytail," I explained.

"Ahh~ Good. If you are going to snatch her away from me, trust me, I'll be more than willing to save you a yard behind my house for your grave *laughs evilly*"

"Hyung, I'm serious. Who's that girl beside Hee Young?" I asked him.

"Beside Youngie? You meant Lia?"

Ahh~ Lia's her name. Such a pretty name. Suits her pretty face perfectly.

"N-ne... Lia..."

"Aigoo Minho-ah~ I thought I have introduced you to everyone there including Lia, didn't I?" Jonghyun hyung gave me a scolding.

"Ne? You did? Wae... I didn't even... Notice that..."

"Of course, you weren't noticing! You were busy ogling at Lia!" He teased me again and I found myself blushing to it.

"No, I did not!"

"Yes, you did!"

"No, hyung, I did not!"

"Yes, you did, Minho!"

"No, I did not, hyung!"

"Yes, you did, dude!" he then shot me a look that says tell-me-everything.

"Okay okay, I surrender to you, hyung. I did... But I did NOT ogle at her!"

"See, I know you, Minho. Haha. Do you want Youngie and I to help you guys out?"

"No, thanks, hyung. I wanna win her heart by using my own efforts," I said confidently.

"Okay. Good luck then. If you need help, don't hesitate to ask," Jonghyun hyung said, resuming to his dumb bell exercises.

"Ne, gomawo, hyung," I then joined him in the exercises.

Lia, I'll make you like me one day. Coz I have found my other half. I hoped you did not find yours yet...

Lia's POV :

Several days has passed. My eyes are only set on him from the day he stepped into the gym. He came here almost every day with Jjong except that Jjong will spend most of the time here with Hee Young and left Minho working out alone. And that's something good for me as I get the chance to see him every day but we rarely talk. If we were, it'll only be 'Annyeonghaseyo' and to record his visits in the Big C.

"Omo, I'm so sorry," Steph sunbae said suddenly. I turned to where she is and my eyes went bulging out looking at what had happened. She accidentally spilt orange juice on Minho when she rushed her way to get to another client.

"Gwaenchana, gwaenchana," Minho said.

"Are you sure? Do you want me to help you? I'm so sorry!" Steph sunbae kept on apologising to him.

"Ne, I'm totally fine. Koktchongma," he smiled at her. Those sweet, sincere smile. I longed for those from
his lips to me. Steph sunbae bowed at him before going over to the other client.

He then took off his white, now orange-stained, figure-hugging shirt and it revealed his solid washboard abs underneath it. I felt like fainting and I almost got caught by Hee Young for drooling over his fine, chiseled torso. I tried to look somewhere else but my eyes were glued to his solid abs.

Out of the blue, I sensed a pair of eyes penetrating through me. I looked to where the penetration came from. My medulla oblongata stopped working abruptly the minute I saw him looking and smiling at me. Those smile I've been longing for. I couldn't help but to smile back at him, my angel sent from above.

Hee Young cleared suddenly, vanishing all the moments I'm enjoying. I turned to look at her, who is standing beside me, staring at me.

"Mwo?" I asked her.

"Mwo? You ask me mwo? I should be the one asking you that. What were you eyeing at?" she asked. My lips were pursed tightly as though they were sewn and I couldn't say anything.

"Or is it a who?" she asked further, making my heart beat real fast. I looked down at the Big C that is sitting in front of me, trying to pretend that I didn't hear anything.

"Yah, unnie. Koktchongma, I won't tell anyone about it. Rest assured, unnie," she said and winked at me before going to greet a new client that entered the gym.

Am I that obvious until my hoobae can figure it out? She'll tell Jjong for sure. As for now, I really hoped that Jjong wouldn't tell Minho if he knew about it. I don't want any awkwardness to exist between Minho and I *sighs*

"Lia..." a voice called out my name.

"Ne~" I looked up and got myself trembling looking at that angelic face.

"When will your shift end today?" he asked.

"I-I'm not sure, Minho. It depends. Wae?"

"A-ah, nothing. Just asking. I gotta go now. I'll umm see you tomorrow... Lia," he smiled. Geez, I can die,
you know, Minho! Stop doing that!

"N-ne. Annyeong," I waved at him.

One day...

"Pinocchio~ Eh? What's that thing?" I hummed to f(x)'s song when I discovered something is stuck in between the peep holes on my locker.

The first place I'll always go as soon as I reached Fitness Gym is to my locker. That is my only place where I can store my stuffs.

I took it out and it reads:

Annyeonghaseyo Lia! How are you today? I hoped you are fine. Maybe you don't know me but koktchongma, I'm not some crazy psycho stalker. Hwaiting on your work today!

-FM-


FM? How did he know my name? Who's that? Millions of questions came exploding into my grey matter but I just shrug my shoulders and kept my bag in the locker.

"Li Li!" Steph sunbae called.

"Ne, coming!"

A week later...

The notes keep coming in every day. Just that they only came in before I arrived at Fitness Gym. That FM guy seems very nice. From the notes he put in my locker, I can see that he cares for me but the problem is I don't even know who that is.

I received another note from FM. He says:

Lia, even though you have never replied to any of my notes, I won't stop caring for you. Don't work til late every night and don't stress yourself out too much kay? Take care of your health.

-FM-


That note from FM has really made me wanna communicate with that guy more. So I decided to stick my notes for him on my locker before I left the gym. We started to communicate with each other since then.
Minho and I has also started to talk to each other which are like heaven for me!

"Wow, you seem to be very happy today, Lia," Minho greeted me as he made his way towards the reception counter.

"Minho! Umm... How did you know?" I said.

"Instincts. And from your face," he said while signing in the Big C.

"Ahh... Okay," I smiled at him.

"Hey umm... Lia, umm... Are you free tonight?" he asked suddenly. To my surprise, my angel actually asked me out?

"Yeah, I guess. Wae?"

"Umm... Do you wanna have dinner with me?"

MWO??? He is asking me that? I felt like jumping with joy there and then but behave, Lia. Your angel's in front of you.

"Sure!" I exclaimed. Hope it did not expose that I'm too desperate to go out with him for dinner.

"Yes! I'll umm... Wait for you til your shift ends?" Minho replied.

"Okay," I said calmly, trying not to sound too giddy.

"I'll see you til then, Lia," he said and headed to do his work out.

At 6pm that day...

"Can we go now?" Minho asked. I took a glance at my watch and was shocked at how time goes by so quickly. The two hands of the small circle with numbers on it pointed to a 6 and a 12.

"Ahh, ne. Chamkanman, I wanna go take my belongings in my locker," I told him.

"Okay," he said and he went to sit in one of the sofas near the entrance of the gym.

I jogged to my locker and grabbed my bag.

"Kacha, Minho," I said to him when I got back from the locker room.

"Kacha~" He smiled.

"Where will we be having our dinner?" I asked in order to break the silence that has been the barrier between the both of us since we got out of the gym.

"Somewhere. You'll know where when we reach that place," he said coolly with both his hands in his
pockets. I nodded and looked down.

Somehow, something has attracted me to walk behind him. I felt his shadow is very interesting and big. Big enough to protect me from the scorching hot sun. He walked one step, I followed at the back. He walked two steps, I followed too. His shadows kept getting bigger and bigger and to me it's so fun following his shadows. Not realising, I started to giggle and suddenly he stopped walking, causing my head to bang onto his back.

"Apayo~" I said while rubbing my head. He turned around and leaned towards me, sending me into a stoned position. He then shifts my bangs away and kisses my forehead.

"There, the pain should go away by now," his husky voice made my heart to race extremely fast. Screw you, sino-atrial node in the heart for not functioning properly!

I went blinking in front of him and he smirked at me. Minho then pulled my left hand and put mine with his in his pocket. The period he did that, I felt very secure and not to mention, my palm is almost half the size of his palm. His hand is so big! But comfy.

At 8pm that day...

"Hyung, two of these please," Minho ordered from a guy who sells chicken broth in his van.

"Two? Alright! Two delicious Onew's Chicken Broth that can trigger your taste buds coming up!" the guy exclaimed cheerfully. A few minutes later, he handed Minho two plastic bowls of chicken broth enclosed with lids.

"Here you go. Kamsa hamnida~ Your girlfriend? You guys made such a cute couple!" he smiled until his eyes are nowhere to be seen.

Blood then rushes up to my cheeks turning them bright red. I looked away from that guy's face and Minho's.

"Kamsa hamnida," Minho's voice echoed in my ears. I blushed even more.

My hand is still in his grip and we walk and walk until we reached a riverbank near Han River.

Minho plopped himself into a spot just a few metres from the river and patted a spot beside him, signaling for me to sit beside him. I smiled at him and sat beside him.

"Be careful, it's still hot," Minho said while opening the lid of one of the plastic bowls. He scoops up some of the broth and blows on it. After that, he held it out near my mouth. I went towards it automatically and it is the best broth I have ever tasted in my life. With him to feed me, I felt I am in cloud nine.

"Maa~" I said, happily. He smiled at me and extends his hands near my face. He then wiped off the stain near my lips and the next thing I know, our lips touched.

I was totally stunned by his sudden action. Albeit I've been wishing for that to happen but I've never thought it's so sudden. I grabbed the bowl filled with broth he's holding quickly and shoved the broth into my mouth as if the end is near.

"Eat slowly. You'll choke," he said in between his chuckles. I ignored what he said and shoved the broth into my mouth faster. Just then, a piece of chicken got stuck in my neck and it choked me, causing me to cough continuously. Minho put down his bowl of broth beside him immediately and patted my back caringly.

"Gwaenchana?" he continued patting my back. I nodded at him.

"Cheongmal?" he asked. I nodded again, without saying anything.

"You know, they say that if you happened to choke while you are eating, it means that someone is thinking about you," Minho continued. I looked at him blankly.

"Look! Shooting star! Palli make a wish!" I squealed. I closed my eyes tightly and made my wish. After doing so, I turned and look at Minho. He was still making his wish. He looks so charismatic even with his eyes closed. He opened his eyes seconds after that.

"So, have you made your wish? What did you wish for?" I asked him as I'm curious to know what his wish is and if I could help fulfill it for him.

"You first," he said, looking at me.

"Umm... Okay, I wished that you'll always be happy." He looked at me with his eyes wide open after I told him my wish. What did I just said? Oh no, don't tell me that I blurted out again! *sighs*

"How bout you?" I asked him, trying not to sound stupid for crapping in front of him just now.

"Well, I wished that my other half knows what I felt for her," he answered. My fragile heart broke into small pieces the moment he said that. Minho already has a... Girlfriend? Eotteohke... I mean wae?

"You... Have a girlfriend already?" my voice trailed off suddenly.

He did not say anything but he has his eyes on the beautiful river instead. Seconds later, I found my eyes were full of tears waiting to roll down my cheeks.

"Wae did you do that to me when you already have a girlfriend?? Do you know how much it hurts??" I cried and stood up, ready to leave the place. He grabbed my wrist from where he is seated all of a sudden.

"Yah! Release me!" I screamed at Minho. He then stood up and pulled me into his arms.

"Let me go, you jerk!" I struggled to get myself off his hug. He did not move an inch but he held onto me stronger and tighter.

"Yah! Are you deaf?! I said let me go!!!" I yelled at him. I can't believe he would do such thing to me. I mean, if he already has a girlfriend, shouldn't he be loyal to her? Why is he hurting her and most importantly why is he torturing me this way?

"I will never release nor let my other half go. Never thought of and never will!" Minho said loudly.

"Then go find your other half! Why are you still here, hurting her?!" I screamed while my tears came down endlessly.

"I can't!" he said.

"WAE?!" I shouted in between my sobs.

"Coz she's right in front of me," he whispered to my ear softly. Then, it struck me.

"MWO??" I was totally shocked by his answer.

"Saranghae, Lia~" Minho looked at me in the eyes and confessed.

"Now, don't cry anymore. You look prettier when you aren't crying," he continued and he wiped the tears off of my face.

"I-I don't get it..." I said, sounding rather confused than ecstatic with what just happened. It seemed like a dream. Too good to be true.

Minho held both my hands and said, "I have found my other half when I stepped into Fitness Gym the other day. If it was not for Jonghyun hyung, I don't think I'll ever found her and knew what she felt for me."

"The thing that's been bugging me til now is, do you have your other half yet?" he continued.

"I... I... I have found mine too the minute I saw him stepping into the gym. But I don't know whether he has already has one or not," I answered. His expression changed immediately. I smiled at his sweet, sad face.

"Unfortunately, he's too tall for my height. My head only managed to reach his shoulders," I said, pushing his shoulders to the back slightly but he seemed to be in a different world. He did not respond to anything I said.

"Yah, Choi Minho! Saranghaeyo!" I screamed at him. He turned his head in a dash and shifted his gaze on me.

"What... Did you just say?" he asked.

"I said..." I tiptoed to whisper to his ears, "Saranghaeyo, Choi Minho~"

Minho flashed his pearly whites at me and gave me a spinning hug.

"Saranghaeyo, Lia," Minho said and leaned towards me after he has stopped spinning me.

"Chamkanman," I put my fore finger on his lips.

"Wae?"

"I have to tell you this, I have been contacting a guy through my locker in the gym. I told you so that I won't feel bad about it and I don't want you to worry about me," I told him about the notes. He laughed hysterically at what I just said. Wow. His laugh is super scary!

"Wae are you laughing like that?" I asked in horror.

"Annyeonghaseyo Lia! How are you today? I hoped you are fine. Maybe you don't know me but koktchongma, I'm not some crazy psycho stalker. Hwaiting on your work today! FM. By the way, FM stands for my nickname, Flaming Minho," I was in a total unbelievable shocking state when Minho said that.

"You are... FM?" I didn't know what to expect more from this mysterious guy. He just nodded and said,

"This FM loves you but koktchongma, I love you more," Minho winked. Gosh, he is really taking my soul away from me!

"Oh ya, before I forget, here's something for you. Be sure to carry it wherever you go, ne. I'll be carrying the other one," Minho said, handing me the left part of the heart key-chain he has.

"Ne. Of course, I will. It symbolises our..." Before I managed to finish what I wanted to say, Minho leaned in and has his lips pressed against mine.

"Our love," he continued it for me.