Chapter 3

My Only Comfort

 

Back in the office, I was doing my best concentrating on getting tasks done when Gina waltzed in, with two take-out coffees. “Oh good morning~” her grin looked like she had little skin left at the sides of her face, sickening was the fact that I knew why she had that look plastered all over her... I sighed “morning Gina~” I really didn’t want the thoughts of the wonderful time with JJ to distract me all day. I took the cup of coffee she handed to me and saw the logo on the the side 'Coffee Cojjee'. “You got these on purpose, didn't you?” I gave a downward smile, she was a coy – its one of the reasons why I employed her. “Oh not at all, I was just passing by” she flipped her hair, grin still wide. I knew damn well that 'Coffee Cojjee' was ½ mile from here...

 

She slipped into the chair opposite my desk, her chin resting on a propped-up arm, casually sipping her coffee with the other. “Soooo...how did the date go? Spill.” Wow she was adamant. “It was...ah who am I kidding, it was so romantic. I wasn't even expecting half of it to happen.” I went on to tell her about the time I'd spent at his apartment, and also how nice his place was. She seemed really excited to know, 'aww-ing' and 'ahh-ing' at the cute things that went on. “To tell you the truth, I was half-expecting more...” her hand waved, referring to 'that' - “how rude, haha. I think we genuinely have something that could grow here.” I sipped my coffee... “YEAH, in his PANTS” ...and almost spat it out again. Oh Gina.

 

My phone buzzed with a message from Jaejoong on KakaoTalk. We both looked over to it, and I opened the message – he'd sent a picture of him smiling on his bed next to a sleeping Jiji. “Awwwww” we exclaimed in unison, I didn't know whether he or the cat were cuter. He then wrote [I'm glad both my pets like you, now I can be 100% sure we'll get along lol. Have a good day at work – JJ] Gina read the message out loud, then looked up at me. “Now, there – there it is. He likes you for sure. Oh my God I am so excited, it's going to be like a drama!!” It was strange to see this woman, no wait, girl in front of me dressed in skinny jeans and pin-heels, jumping around me office getting excited like a small dog over a relationship that she wasn't even a part of. “Finally peace and quiet” talking to the room, I managed to complete my work early, with a smile on my face.

 

I arrived home to find a note taped to my door, reading 'Let me know when you're home, I haven't been able to stop thinking of you all day...' and then a little funny drawing of – I’m assuming him – with a (>w<) face. I went to his door and rung his doorbell like I had done just 24 hours ago. “Coming!” I heard on the other side of the door, and some shuffling feet. He opened the door with JiJi in his hands, who gave a mew of slight protest. I JiJi and closed the door behind me, walking over to Jae giving him a hug. “I haven't been able to either...” I said, muffled into his broad chest. His arms hugged me tighter then, and he lay his head on mine. My arms slipped to his waist but unusually it made him wriggle a bit. “Nyaaahh – ah sorry I get really funny when people touch my waist. It's really delicate...” I found it adorable and had to stifle a laugh with my hand over my mouth. To my surprise, he picked me up, over his shoulder and took me into the lounge. I was laughing and telling him to put me down all the way but he didn't listen until he plopped me down onto the cream sofa. JJ wore a cheeky smile, his tongue sticking out and turned to make a getaway but stubbed his toe on the frame of the rocking chair. He crouched down in response “ayyyaaaaa” JJ grabbed his foot and sat down. Worried, I knelt by him and took a look to see if he was bleeding or badly hurt. “Aww is JJ-oppa okay?” I started making kissing noises jokingly towards his foot, and looked up to smile at him only to notice he was about 3 inches from my face. My breath slightly caught in my throat, he the side of my face and cupped my chin, moving our heads together. “Thank you” he whispered against my lips, his long eyelashes tickling my cheek. The kiss was soft, a little chaste from the situation but in that moment confirmed our attraction and made me melt. Jaejoong rested his forehead on mine, and we looked into each others eyes for a few moments before smiling. He his lips slightly and gathered me into his arms, so I was sitting in-between his legs. “sorry if I was a little too forward” he said sheepishly into the crook of my neck. “Not at all, I'm just a little in awe that this has happened so quickly. But it feels so comfortable.” JJ's warm skin and the slightly cool metal of the necklace he was wearing was homely, a feeling of safety – I wanted to stay like this forever. This is what I'd been wanting to find all these years. I looked at his hands, turning them over occasionally, tracing patterns I found, examining rings while and onlooking JJ rested his chin on my shoulder. “Are you hungry at all?” he asked, kissing where his chin had been. “Not particularly, but I do fancy some ice-cream or frozen yoghurt if you have any~” he chuckled and patted my leg signalling to get up. We went hand in hand to the kitchen and he pulled out a small pot of Haagen-dazs for me. We chatted a bit more there and when I'd finished he asked “...will you stay here again tonight?” pouting, he made it seem like we lived miles apart even though it was a few metres. I felt that slight uneasiness in my stomach again, hoping that it wouldn't be a repeat of the past, but perhaps sensing this he added “I really enjoyed your company last night, you're welcome to use the guest room by all means...” I looked at him then, half-smiled, half-sighed and threaded my fingers with his. “Jae, you're too good to me. I'll stay tonight if you let me cook you breakfast this time.” I winked and he pulled me towards him, pecking me on the lips.

 

We stopped outside the guest room, and I clutched softly at the fabric of his shirt. “...I don't want you to wake up cold tomorrow...” I spoke barely more than a whisper towards his chest. He placed his hand over mine. “Muni...can I hold you tonight? I just want you in my arms...” we both knew we were lonely, that perhaps we weren't willing to have with each other yet in fear of losing what we had, so with this silent mutual understanding, JJ took me to his room.

 

The design was pretty masculine but also looked crisp, clean like a hotel. 'Impressive' was my initial thought. It certainly smelt of JJ and his cologne, Bvlgari Aqva, and all the items scattered lightly about the place reminded me of him. “Welcome to my room...” he trailed off “...to be honest with you, not many girls sleep here apart from JiJi.” He squeezed my hand and smiled. His bed was huge, the kind you'd love to jump on as a kid, and the kind you'd question a bachelor having as an adult if you catch my drift...

Jaejoong lifted back the sheets and made his place in the bed, patting the sheet next to him I crawled in and he pulled the duvet up around us. I wriggled a little to get comfy, and JJ invited me into his arms; I went willingly, thoroughly enjoying the way his muscular frame enveloped me and kept me there. I looked up at him, and he kissed me again, this time with more feeling. It was romantic as his soft lips brushed against mine slowly, the action made its own sound audible in the dark, between just the two of us. His hand lay on my neck as the kisses were exchanged, like he'd thought I'd slip away from this touch. After we broke away I nuzzled into his chest and we both drifted off to sleep in the embrace.