One.

One Year With Zhang Yixing

 

Autumn.

Sunshine.

Breeze. 

Flowers.

Dirt.

I still feel the warmth of his back, as he carefully carried me down the trail of dirt, mud and fallen tree leaves. 

It seemed like I fainted again, though I wasn't surprised at all about what happened. 

It was something I was used to, actually. 

I couldn't go out without my oxygen tank, but I managed to escape from my nurse and got out of the house to 

get some fresh air. 

I've always wanted to reach the top of the small hill overlooking the city, though halfway there, I would always end up fainting. 

I have woken up a couple of times with countless faces of strangers in front of mine, carrying me down the hill. 

But...for some reason, he was different.

He was warm, and bright, and...safe. 

His white shirt seemed to have been soaked in sweat as we traveled down the hill, him carrying me on his back. 

I heard his loud gasps as he breathed in and out, trying hard not to faint as well.

It was then that he turned his face towards me, and I saw the most perfect pair of eyes looking back at me. 

It just boasted of sincerity....of peace....of determination. 

I realized that I stared back at him, and have already gathered a million thoughts with just that split second. 

"Oh, you're finally awake. Are you okay?" his manly but sweet voice called out to me. 

"Y-yes." I hesitatingly answered back. "You can put me down now."

"No, it's okay. We're almost at the city anyway."

"But, you're tired."

"I'm fine. Trust me, I'm used to all the work." he assured. 

Though I knew that I could hear his panting quite well. 

I chose to ignore it, and let him carry me all the way down the trail.

He finally squatted down, and I got off of his back. 

I wiped away the leaves and dirt on my white dress, and bowed to him politely. 

He gave me a small smile, and his dimple slightly showed up. 

I felt the heat crawling up my cheeks, and I think I felt my heart skip a beat.

"Do you want me to take you to the hospital?" he questioned.

"No, I'm fine. I'm feeling better now. Thank you." I answered timidly.

"Let me just take you home, is it far from here?"

Take me home? My father is going to go nuts with a guy bringing me home. 

Nonetheless, with dirt all over my dress.

"Uhm..."

"Oh..Do your parents not allow you to be taken home by a guy?"

"No, it's just." but you're not like any other guy. "It's fine. But...I don't even know your name."

"Oh right! I'm sorry. I'm Yixing. Zhang Yixing." 

Zhang Yixing? Is that a Korean name? But for some reason, his name sounds...right.

"I'm Jinri. Han Jinri."

"Well, it's nice to meet you Jinri." He held out his hand, and without any hint of hesitation, I carefully slid his into mine.

-----------------------------

We became good friends, really good friends, to be honest. 

Ever since we became friends, I barely got out of the house. This in a way, caused my condition to be better.

I don't know why, but there's just something about Yixing that's easy to get attached to. 

Once you get to know him, you would want to know more and more, 

and without even knowing you'd spend the whole day just curious about his every detail.

My father, for some reason, approved of him being my friend.

He would even call Yixing for dinner sometimes, and he'd allow Yixing to sleep in the house whenever he's out for his business 

trips in Seoul.

Yixing would always stay in my room until I fall asleep, playing the guitar and singing for me. 

He'd sometimes forget that I can't understand any Chinese, and sing a couple of Chinese lullabies. 

I wouldn't mind though, no matter what the language, his voice would always work its way into my soul. 

As I close my eyes and let his voice drown me to sleep, Yixing would always lean in and kiss my forehead gently. 

I would always feel his breath on top of mine, 

and every time my heart would pound and anxiety would just rush out of my nerves, 

though he'd always just choose to kiss my forehead again. 

Sometimes, I'd wonder what would happen if I open my eyes, and just allow him to plant that one, 

special first kiss on my  lips. 

But...I know that I wouldn't have the courage to do it. 

Maybe this was better....him not knowing my feelings, and me prentending to not know of his. 

-------------------------

We sat down the porch, looking at the different constellations of stars above the night sky. 

It had already been 6 months since we've met each other, and I realized that Zhang Yixing had unconsciously occupied a place

in my heart. 

He is special. 

He is truly, really, very special.

I looked at his calm face as he looked at the sky. 

Yixing would always have this serious, peaceful face, but deep down that calm facade there was always that burst of emotions, 

feelings that he could only express through his breathtaking eyes. 

The sparkle of his eyes when he feels happy, that dark expression whenever he's mad, 

that small twitch when he's uncomfortable, that bright color when he's contented. 

Right at this moment, he looks very happy, yet peaceful. 

He breathes in the fresh air, his Adam's apple going up slowly as he closes his eyes.

No one dared to speak, not one of us dared to break that moment. 

After a few seconds, Yixing seemed to have realized that I was staring at him the whole time. 

He looked straight back at me. I didn't say anything, nor did he. 

We just looked at each other, not one of us looking away. I tried to, but my eyes just wouldn't leave his gaze. 

"Jinri...What if one day. What if one day, I'd have to leave." he stated as he looked away.

"Well. I know that you can't stay here forever. I can't keep you from leaving."

I monotonously stated as I tried to cover the shock and pain that I felt in my chest. 

"You could." 

What? What does he mean by that?

Yixing cupped my cheeks and turned my head towards him. He looked at me seriously, 

straight into the eye as he stared through my soul.

"I wouldn't leave...if you'd ask me to stay."

"But...why?" 

I guess that was the dumbest question I had ever asked anyone in my entire life.

"Just because..." he breathed in slowly, and leaned in. 

Closing the distance between our lips, inch by inch, centimeter by centimeter.

I closed my eyes as Zhang Yixing lay a gentle, chaste kiss on my yearning lips.

-----------------------------

"I'm leaving."

No. Those two words. 

Two words that I have longed never to hear from him since we confessed our love for each other.

"L-leaving? Where? Oh, going on a vacation or something?" I tried to laugh it off, not wanting to hear any more.

"No. Jinri...I'm leaving. I'm going back to Seoul, for good."

"B-but why? Why now? Now that we're happy together? Now that we love each other? You told me that you'd stay if I ask you to. Zhang Yi-"

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry. I'm sorry." 

Yixing took my hand to his cheek, kissing it softly as I felt hot tears rolling down my eyes.

"Is there something wrong with me? Have I done anything wrong? Tell me, I'd change it. I'd change for the better. 

I'd be the perfect girlfriend-"

"No. It's not like that. It's nothing like that. You're perfect, Jinri. I love you so so much."

I felt his tears touch the back of my hand as he breathed into my fists, whispering "I love you" over and over again. 

Somehow, I knew that no matter how much I try, I won't be able to change his mind.

"I love you too, more than you'll ever do, Zhang Yixing."

----------------------------

"Did you check your things? You didn't forget your passport?"

"No. Everything's here."

It's finally here. He's finally leaving me.

Zhang Yixing, I thought I knew him, but I did not. I had failed asking him about his dreams, 

his real dreams.

It turned out that he is a trainee of the famed SM Entertainment. He was having doubts about his future and went here. 

Every night and day he thought about making the right decision, if he was to eventually leave the company, or not. 

His real dreams, which lie there, in the busy streets of Seoul. 

He finally decided to continue pursuing his dream, and as surprising as it may seem, I don't blame him at all.

Zhang Yixing, who went to Korea with big aspirations for a big future. And I, Han Jinri, can't keep him from that.

How could I? I like him. No, I love him. I love him so much.

How could you keep a person you love from achieving his dreams? 

Especially when you know that the only thing that's driving you from doing that is your own selfish desire

 to keep him to yourself?

"Jinri...I'm all ready."

"Oh? Okay, I'll be right out."

You have to let him go, Han Jinri.

"I'll call you when I can, I promise."

"Don't. You'd probably be too busy catching up with all the things you've missed. I'll be fine, don't worry about me, alright?"

"Jinri... I love you."

"No, I love you."

He wrapped his arms around me for the last time, encircling me in that familiar, warm hug.

"Yixing..."

"Hmm?"

"Even if it was only for one year... You were the best thing that happened to my life."

Zhang Yixing, this was the best year of my life.

----------------------------------------------------------end--------------------------------------------------------

OMG CRAPPY LOL. XD HAPPY 1ST ANNIVERSARY EXO BABIEESSSS. <3