0 0 2 - Notperfect, L o v e B e n e a t h D o l o r

☆ Sixth Sense Silver Reviews ★

e v i e w , 0 0 2


 

o t e r f e c t o v e e n e a t h o l o r 


s t o r y l i n k 

 
 
 
 

 Title; ( 4.5 / 5 )

You were ingenious for putting Spanish and English together in the title. Personally I like the combination, but I am afraid some people may not know that 'dolor' in Spanish is 'pain' in English. The title is a bit plain yet intriguing as to why you chose to add Spanish, and what the pain is. Overall it was a smart idea. Although I don't think the spanglish sounds the best, it is still very clever.

✰ Foreword & Description; ( 9 / 10 )

The forward and the description are both very well written, there are one or two mistakes in the description ie. 'lifes' instead of lives. I suggest you go back and reread your description and fix any small mistakes you have. 

✰ Characterization; ( 10 / 10 )

They characters are not clear in the beginning of the story but you used that to your advantage. It was frankly amazing how well you hid each character while still revealing important parts of themselves. The way you depicted Kim Eunjin's hope and trust in a teddy bear was just beautiful and led the reader to believe that she is a pure innocent girl. You also showed  Baekhyun as a thoughtful man and but described his attitude towards Eunjin powerfully.

 Originality; ( 15 / 15 )

This plot was really original. The end was a total twist but balanced the unending love. I think that this plot is one of a kind, and I have never read or seen anything like it. 

✰ Plot; ( 15 / 15 )

I strongly believe that the plot and originality go hand in hand. This plot was great from the intro, which was clouded with the readers question of the characters, to the ending which was quick but still precise. This plot breaks most of the average story on AsianFanFics. This angsty plot kept the reader on edge and wanting to see more. Although I want to know more about how it ended, I also want the mystery to continue. In total the plot did great of pulling in a reader and keeping them interested.

✰ Spelling & Grammar; ( 10 / 10 )

Like I said before you have one or two spelling mistakes in the description, but other than that I didn't see any. My must commend your extensive vocabulary. Your advanced words were really impressive, and I had to seach several of them up in the dictionary. You grammar overall is very good, some of your sentences were complex and made the reader think or reread it but ruined the flow of the story butI would not change that. Your grammar added to the mature theme of the story.

✰ Story's Flow;  ( 8 / 10 )

Your story's flow was the only thing I had a slight problem with. At the end of chapter 1 and the begging of chapter 2 there seems to be a scene missing. Although it was explained it could have been more clear. Took me a few minutes to fully understand what had happened in between the two chapters. Also the vocabulary made me stop reading a few times and look the words up, in which case I had to go back a reread the phrase. Although I do not want to dock you points I must take some away here. I suggest you reread it or skim through it and look for anything you think can be fixed for easier reading. Your writing is also very mature, more mature than I am so that also affects this review on the story's flow.

✰ Overall Enjoyment; ( 9.5 / 10 )

I really did enjoy this story, it was really well written and kept the reader on edge. This was an exciting story, the only small issue I have with it is that it in not extremely memorable. I feel really mean for saying that but this was only one quick excerpt of their lives and left a small yet large impact. As much as I loved this small story I find myself wondering what happened before all of this to lead up to this moment. I think that if you were to elaborate on their lives before those scenes this would be a more complete love story. 

✰ Reviewer Subscription; Bonus +0

 

 

Over All Score

                             81  / 85! 
                                 
                                  95
%

 

  -Congratulations! You qualify for our 'Featured Stories Board'!

 

 

   A Note From, 

                        Princesselena

  

  Dear notperfect, 

  I really enjoyed reading this.  This was my first 
  review ever and I was nervous. I hope you take
  my advice.
 You did a great job with this story.
  I hope you don't take offense to any of it.
  Fighting!

                               
                                   
  -Princesselena