Chapter 5

Let Life Do The Rest

Warning: Un-beta'd. My sanity has been quite unstable lately, so please do forgive any nonsensical... things.



"Are you Bang Yongguk’s younger brother?”

The young boy raises his eyes to meet with hers, expression desperate. “You speak Korean, too?” He asks. “Do you know my brother? Can you take me to him?”

“You don’t look like you’ve got a disease,” Victoria tries to joke.

He does not laugh.

“What’s your name?” She asks him.

The kid frowns. “Do you know my brother?”

“Answer my question first,” Victoria tells him. “Then I’ll answer yours.”

“Choi Junhong,” the kid replies. “Now tell me, do you know my brother?”

Victoria tilts her head to one side, hugging her binder to her chest. “You have different last names.”

“We’ve got different dads,” the kid tells her impatiently. “Can you take me to Yongguk-hyung? I really want to see him.”

She smiles at him gently, slightly apologetic. “I’m afraid it wouldn’t do much good for you even if you met with him now.” She tells him. “Unfortunately, I am not permitted to share the details of his progress or process with you, but a side effect that he’s experiencing right now is Amnesia or, in other words, memory loss. He wouldn’t be able to recognize you.”

“What?” The young boy cries, expression contorted in both pain and disbelief.

Victoria leans forward and pats him on the shoulder. “It’s okay,” she tells him, “he won’t be suffering anymore from now on.”





It takes dragging Himchan down to Yongguk’s ward for Himchan to finally come to his senses.

“Is he… dead?” He asks.

Victoria shakes her head. “But he’ll be just as good as dead if we don’t get him out of here soon.”

“He—“

She turns to face him, eyes firm and unwavering. Victoria reaches out and gently slips a few fingers around his larger hands. She says, “Yongguk is a good man, right?”

Himchan nods.

“What has he taught you through his actions—by coming here and suffering through all of this?” Victoria asks.

After deep thought, Himchan takes a drag of the murky air around him, “Strength, determination, and perseverance.”

“And heart,” Victoria adds. “Yongguk has a lot of heart in him.”

Himchan nods again.

“Will you help me, Himchan?” She nearly pleads. “Help me save him.”

“But what about his brother?” Himchan asks. “How can Yongguk face himself if all his efforts come to nothing?”

Victoria sighs. “You have to believe that there are other ways.”

“The same ones that killed your sister and my brother?”

“Time has advanced technology; the treatments that Liyin and Youngjae received did not kill them, Himchan, they simply just weren’t enough to save them.” Victoria replies confidently.

“And if it’s not enough?” Himchan retorts.

Victoria squeezes his hand, eyes desperately searching for his. “We just have to believe that it will be.”

The inner struggle that Himchan experiences is clearly written on his face; a part of him wants to save Yongguk because, even if they weren’t the closest of buddies, they’ve become familiar with each other over time. Another part of Himchan wants to disregard the world, to disregard feelings and morals, and hope that somehow at some point he will be able to avenge Youngjae’s death.

But how does one go about avenging a death that was not caused by anything or any person to blame?

“Do what you want,” Himchan finally mutters. “I don’t care.”





“It’s not as though you really needed Himchan’s permission to request for an end to this experiment.” Zhoumi casually comments as he weighs and measures the medications needed to prevent any of the viruses injected into Yongguk to continue expanding.

It will be a long process, and a lot of medications and remedies will be required to get him anywhere near recovery. Victoria and Himchan took it upon themself to fund most of the necessities but Luhan and the others filed for financial aid from the organizations financial budget department.

All in all, people are more than happy to pitch in and help save one life of the many they take. This is, in some ways, like redemption to a lot of them.

“No,” Victoria agrees, “but it’s admittedly much easier with his permission. It’s more convenient in the long run anyhow.”

“It’s not like he could have done anything. You had the proof, the motive, and even if Himchan were to try to pull something, it wouldn’t have been anything you couldn’t handle.” Zhoumi continues teasing.

Victoria just shakes her head and continues flipping through notes for another patient she’s been put in charge of researching on.

“You know, chances of him waking up from this coma are slight,” Zhoumi adds regrettably. “Even if he does wake, he might suffer amnesia and other horrible side effects. Do you think, for an ex-officer like him, life will still be worth living?”

She pauses in her reading, images and thoughts flooding through her mind. “You said he might lose his memory right? That shouldn’t be anything to worry about then.”

“It’s hard to decide whether or not you’re just being stubborn and selfish,” he sighs. “On one hand, you’re doing the absolutely right thing but on another, you’re making all the decisions for a person who can’t speak his mind.”

“Even if he did speak his mind, it would all be irrelevant. His brain is too drugged right now to make any critical decisions,” Victoria states matter of factly.

Zhoumi shrugs. “There’s always a reason behind every decision a person makes, whether or not they’re in their right mind.”

“Are you implying that I’m being too willful?” Victoria asks.

The doctor shakes his head. “I’m merely suggesting that you are too smart for your own good. It might hurt you in the end, you know?”

Victoria watches as Zhoumi finishes his evaluating of the medications and furrows her eye brows. “Since when did you gain interest in pharmaceuticals? Don’t we have professionals for this?”

“Are you doubting my capabilities?” Zhoumi laughs.

She crosses one leg over the other. “Doctors are only to assign prescriptions, not to fill them.”

“Trust me,” Zhoumi leans forward, pointing down at the medicine. “You’ll be thanking me in the end.”

“I just play by the rules,” Victoria remarks.

Zhoumi grins at her, eyes sparkling. “Rules are not meant to be played, Vic. Rules are meant to be considered.”

That statement, to be honest, brought forth a new revelation to Victoria.





It’s almost twelve in the morning and Victoria finally decides that it’s time to go. She gathers her belongings exhaustively and exits into the lobby, finding the little boy still waiting for a chance to see his brother in the lobby.

“Aren’t you going home?” Victoria asks, breaking him from his trace.

The young boy jumps to his feet and clasps both hands around Victoria’s thin wrist.

“Is hyung alright?” Junhong asks. He bites down on his bottom lip, face pale and veins gradually becoming more prominent under his pale skin. “Is he—“

“Have you eaten?” Victoria interrupts him. Reaching out with a hand, she places it over his forehead; she can feel a fever escalating in him quickly. “Here, let’s go get some food.”

“I’m not hungry,” Junhong stubbornly insists. “I just want to see my hyung.”

His actions are not unfamiliar to her. There was a point in time when Liyin had acted the same—childish, stubborn, and heartbreakingly fragile. “I’ll let you see Bang Yongguk if you promise to come with me and eat something.”

“Really?” Junhong asks, eyes immediately widening with a hint of happiness in them. When he smiles, his jaw relaxes and she can see just how skinny the boy is because the bones of his cheeks protrude in a way that makes her heart ache.

Victoria nods.

Without another word, Junhong urges Victoria forward. Contemplating between taking him to the cafeteria or an actual restaurant stumps her for a while, but she decides on the latter. While they are out, she takes Junhong to a nearby twenty four hour Korean restaurant and has Junhong order everything and anything that catches his eye.

“Do you know what you can’t have?” Victoria asks casually.

Junhong, a bit surprised and taken aback, slowly nods. “So you know.”

“I do,” Victoria replies. “Bang Yongguk has quite the stories to tell.”

The young boy nods and continues searching through the menu, nothing on the list especially appetizing to him. When he orders, Victoria only asks for a cup of water.

“You’re not eating?” He asks her.

Victoria shakes her head with a weak smile. “I’ll eat when I get home.”

“It’s late,” Junhong frowns. “You should eat something too.”

Chuckling softly, Victoria reaches over the table and ruffles the little boy’s hair. It’s been so long since she’s had the feeling of being an older sister. To be honest, it almost feels like having Liyin by her side again. “To be honest, most Korean foods are too hot for me.”

“I’ll order something non-spicy for you then.” Junhong offers.

Victoria then nods, smiling and allowing Junhong to call over the waiter again and order a noodle dish for her. After they finish eating, Victoria drives Junhong back to the laboratory.

“Bang Yongguk has been moved to the nursing section of the labs. After we have his system settled down and most of the viruses eliminated, we’ll be able to release him into an actual hospital where he will need to be treated for another period of time. Things are looking good for him, though; the positive results are coming much quicker than any of us expected.” Victoria explains. “You’ll be playing an important role, you know? Bang Yongguk will need someone to take good care of him.”

“Can I?” Junhong asks. “Will I not be a burden?”

The corners of her lips lift and she pats Junhong on the shoulder. “You’ll be great. Just remember, if you’re ever too tired or if anything goes wrong, call for either me or Kim Himchan.”

Junhong nods.

When they enter the building, Victoria flashes her identification to the sliding doors. Junhong is more than just astonished at the grand décor of the laboratory and the massive amount of people traveling back and forth.

“It’s like in the movies,” Junhong comments as he weaves his fingers around her arm, eyes wide.

Victoria nods, giving his hand a light squeeze.

They take an elevator up several floors, everyone around them giving Junhong suspicious looks. “I don’t seem welcomed here,” Junhong says.

She can feel him trembling beside her. “It’s okay,” Victoria tells him with a playful tone. “I’ve been here for years, but I still don’t feel like I belong.”

Junhong seems to relax a little at her words.

After walking down the hallway and making several turns, they finally reach the destination. Just behind the glass, in the depth and darkness of a room, lies Yongguk’s still body.

“What’s happening to him?” Junhong asks, eyes trailing over the various wires and cords connected to his older brother.

Victoria rubs her own arm, guilt seeping through her. “He’s receiving treatment for cure,” she explains. “It might not be a hundred percent cleaned out of his system, but the more the better.”

“What?” Junhong presses. “What needs to be cleared out of hyung?”

“He—“

“Victoria.”

They are greeted by Kris and Himchan, who are advancing towards them at a quick pace. Victoria nods at them both.

“You actually brought him in? That’s against the rules,” Kris scowls.

Victoria just smiles at him. “Rules are to be considered,” she states rather slyly, “not played by. Zhoumi told me that.”

Both men share a look of amusement before they break out into their own smiles. “He’s been progressing well,” Himchan comments, “it shouldn’t take more than a few weeks for us to move him over to the hospital.”

“Zhoumi and Luhan have both worked really hard for this,” Victoria sighs, “The two of you, too, of course.”

“And you,” Kris adds. “None of this would be happening if it weren’t for you.”

“If you didn’t keep so many things from me, this wouldn’t have been so hard to avoid,” Victoria teases him.

Kris winces. “I owe Himchan a lot. That’s all I can say in defense of myself.”

“And you’ve got every right to,” Victoria nods.

“I know, I know,” Himchan groans. “I’m the true culprit of this disaster.”

Victoria and Kris just laugh, brushing off Himchan’s self-loathing with more chitter chatter until a yawn and shudder escapes Victoria.

“Are you alright?” Himchan asks. “You don’t look too well.”

“I’m just tired.” Victoria says. “I think I better go.”

Kris takes off his jacket and throws it over Victoria’s shoulders. “Don’t catch a cold,” he tells her, “we need you here to keep an eye on us.”

Thanking him, Victoria excuses herself and heads off towards her car. Himchan had taken it upon himself to take over responsibility of Junhong during the time that Junhong were to stay with Yongguk. Victoria feels reassured in knowing so much.

On the drive home, her fatigue becomes so overwhelming that she has to pull off to the side of the highway and leant back in her seat, eyes closed. The night becomes a blurry one to her.




The only reason Victoria was disrupted from her brief nap was her cell phone raging at her from her purse.

She glances at the clock on the dashboard and groans a little, her neck, shoulders, and spine stiff from the uncomfortable position she was in. Reaching into her purse, she pulls out her cell phone and finds a string of missed calls, all from Nichkhun.

After realizing none were from work, Victoria relaxes.

“Hello?” She speaks into the phone, voice rough.

Nichkhun sounds worried. “Where are you? I’ve been calling you all night.”

“I’m…” she starts, but decides it best not to tell him she had to resort to taking a nap on the road due to her fatigue. “I got sidetracked at work and lost track of time. I’m sorry.”

He’s silent, and Victoria feels herself tensing.

“Shouldn’t you still be in bed? It’s only six in the morning.” She retaliates.

Nichkhun takes a deep breath; he would probably much rather drown than to admit that he was slightly worried about her. “I was working overtime; came home and didn’t see you around, so I thought I’d give you a call.”

“I’ll be home soon.” Victoria says. “Sorry.”

The only thing Nichkhun says in reply is, “Bye.”

Suddenly, Victoria doesn’t really want to go home anymore. She powers the engine and heads home nonetheless, treading around on the tip of her toes to get a change of clothes and a quick shower before she heads out again.

“Sooner or later, you won’t be able to hide anymore.” Zhoumi comments nonchalantly.

Victoria just sighs and runs her fingers through her hair, “Says the workaholic.”

“We’re both guilty of that title,” Zhoumi agrees. “To some degree, we’re both using work as an excuse to avoid real life.”

“You don’t have a life,” Victoria corrects. “Your life revolves around work, work, work, and more work.”

Zhoumi rolls his eyes. “All my interests are in my work—I’m not working, you know, I’m indulging in my interests. It makes work a lot less like work and a lot more like fun. You, on the other hand, work to work.”

“I’m working to find a solution,” Victoria remarks.

“A solution that will keep you from having to face the cruel reality that you’ve so long wanted to hide from,” Zhoumi adds. “It’s the same thing.”

Victoria clenches her jaw. “I enjoy my work just as much as you do.”

“Do you?” Zhoumi questions.

“I do,” Victoria confirms. “Maybe not the way you do, but I appreciate my job just as much as you. Granted, I love this job on some days more than others.”

“Days you don’t have to work with me?” Zhoumi laughs.

Victoria smirks, “Precisely.”

“You’re in for a treat then,” Zhoumi declares. “I’ll be taking a trip up the country for a new lecture that is being taught in the medical university up north next week. I’ll be gone for a good week or two. Isn’t that great news for you?”

“What class?” Victoria asks.

Zhoumi smiles brightly. “They’ve finally discovered a cellular mechanism that explains cancer metastasis. If I can get further understanding of this spread of cancer cells and study the cause and process of how the malignant cells attract and spread, I might be able to find a way to prevent the growth of those cancer cells.”

“That’s great!” Victoria exclaims. “That sounds like an amazing course.”

Realizing Victoria’s interest, Zhoumi’s curiosity is perked. “Would you like to come with me? I could probably find a way to get you in with me.”

“Could I?” She asks. “Wouldn’t that be too much trouble?”

“No, of course not,” Zhoumi laughs. “I’ll ask my professor about it and get back to you on it.”

Victoria nods. “You’re the best, Mi.”

They share a knowing look before Zhoumi excuses himself from the room and visits his waiting patient. Victoria leans forward on the table, chin resting on her arms that are lying flat across the surface.

Her entire body feels sore.

Slowly, she drifts asleep again. The next time she wakes, she wakes to Soojung’s large eyes that are mere inches away from hers.

“Are you alright?” Soojung asks. “I called your name several times but you wouldn’t budge.”

“Just tired,” Victoria excuses. “What time is it?”

Kris walks in, seeing Victoria’s state of consciousness. “I think it’s time for you to see a doctor, Vic. You look really sick.”

“I don’t think you’re running a fever,” Soojung adds, feeling Victoria’s forehead, “but he’s right, you should visit a doctor just in case.”

“There are plenty of doctors around here to see,” Victoria laughs. “I’ll be more attentive to my health. Don’t worry.”

Both Soojung and Kris can do nothing but nod and hope that Victoria stays true to her words. In all honesty, if Victoria were really concerned about her health, she wouldn’t hesitate to get a health checkup; something about her current state, though worrisome, made her feel that nothing bad was going on.

Her sixth senses are usually straight on.





As expected, Victoria was easily placed into the course that Zhoumi suggested bringing her along to. The organization they worked for also approved the request to pay the tuition in full for both Zhoumi and Victoria, so neither of them had to break their wallets for the education either.

The only thing Victoria had a hard time letting go of was Bang Yongguk.

“If anything happens, call me,” she tells Himchan. “I’m already contacting my connections to a great doctor for Junhong, and you’ll have Luhan, Zhoumi and Sunyoung to help out if worse comes to worst.”

“Don’t worry,” Himchan reassures. “I’ll keep a close eye on both of them.”

Victoria wishes it were that easy to stop her worries. “If you can’t get a hold of me, call my fiancé Nichkhun.” Reaching into her purse, she pulls out a fashionably designed business card out of her wallet. Tucked in the photo slot is a photo of her and her sister and in the corner is a photo of, who Himchan guesses, is her fiancé.”

“What good will it do to call him?” Himchan wonders aloud.

She hesitates for a moment. “Nichkhun knows how passionate I am about everything that has to do with work. If he knows that a project I’m working on is encountering trouble, I know he’ll definitely do everything he can to help. At the very least, he can find a way to use connections of his own to solve the issue or drag it out long enough to get it solved.”

“Money.” Himchan deadpans.

“You make it sound frugal.” Victoria winces. “Anyhow, keep this.”

Himchan accepts the card and tucks it into his pocket. He stares at Victoria with no true expression, a stance that Victoria has grown familiar with when it comes to the man standing before him.

She’s learned that just because he doesn’t show emotion, it doesn’t mean he has none.

“I know what you’re thinking,” Himchan suddenly says. “Your feelings… you make them a lot more obvious than you think.”

“I’m not thinking anything,” Victoria insists.

Himchan laughs dryly. “You hang the title fiancé on your lips like it’s an omen; which part of him exactly do you consider to be part of the person you want to spend the rest of your life with?”

“He’s a nice guy,” she explains. “Even though he’s too straightforward and oblivious sometimes, and most of the time I feel like he’s not marrying me because he actually wants to, he tries; he doesn’t cheat nor does he make me feel unwanted, no matter how horribly I treat him. Nichkhun actually tries to accept me as I am.”

“Are you doing the same for him?” Himchan wants to know.

Victoria sighs. “I’ve always hated my parents and Nichkhun somehow became a part of the package when I accepted them back into my life. He’s not in the wrong, but I can’t just pretend like it’s okay.”

“You try though,” Himchan comments, “does that mean you’ve somewhat fallen for him?”

“I’ve always been guilty of having a weak heart.” Victoria states matter of factly. “With engagement comes attachment; I cannot deny that, to some degree, I am attached to him.”

His gaze saunters back to her, frozen in place. “Not the same way you are attached to Yongguk, though.”

“No,” Victoria admits quite bluntly. “Not quite the same way, I’m afraid, but what does it matter? The one I’m engaged to is Nichkhun, and he’s the one that I’ll follow through with.”

“Is it because neither you nor Yongguk has tried to change the current situation otherwise?”

Victoria forces a smile. “Bang Yongguk is attached to me through survival needs; I was the only one he could rely on when he was in the research labs, therefore, I became the only person he had the opportunity to attach himself to. What’s between Yongguk and I is different from what’s between me and him. The fine line in between both possibilities is one I would rather not test off of a moment’s rash decision.”

“You don’t know that,” Himchan deadpans. “Yongguk was a lot more conscious and aware than you believe him to be during your course of interaction, Victoria. At the very least, you weren’t the only person he could turn to—Kris and I were both watching over him during the times you were off duty and unaware. Why don’t you try to test the waters a bit more? Maybe you’ll find something refreshing.”

She arches her back and stretches before turning down the hallway. “I’ve always been afraid of water,” she says. “I guess it just wasn’t meant to be.”





I really felt as though we could be friends.

Victoria sinks lower in the bathtub, allowing the warm waters to engulf her. Nichkhun is waiting outside in her bedroom, probably helping her pack her luggage because he knows just how much her mind isn’t with her lately.

Silently, she wonders: is it too late to start being friends with Yongguk now?





As Yongguk steps out of the laboratory building, Himchan and Junhong supporting him on either side, he glances back to the entrance doors. It feels odd to dress in his own clothes again; the fabric is too rough, everything feels so restricted, nothing feels familiar anymore.

Just as he’s looking back, reflecting on the past month or so, he spots a memorable face walking out of the same set of doors. There is another girl walking beside her and they appear to be discussing the file that they are holding in their hands.

“It’s Victoria noona,” Junhong comments, following Yongguk’s gaze. Yongguk nods.

She looks up from her file, smiling, and their eyes temporarily meet. Victoria feels her heart stop when he doesn’t smile back at her; she doesn’t expect him to be thankful, but she thought he’d at least understand her circumstances.

After excusing herself from her co-worker, she approaches the three boys.

“You look better. Not quite healthy, but better,” she comments. “It must be the product of Luhan, Himchan and Junhong’s hard work.”

“Thank you,” Yongguk manages to cough out.

Victoria manages another smile before gasping and reaching into her bag. She pulls out a card that belongs to a very notorious physician and places it in Junhong’s hand carefully. “I’ve already spoken to Dr. Jung and we’ve set up several examinations for you over the next few months and they’ll be in touch with you shortly. Don’t worry; he has nothing to do with our organization here. Dr. Jung’s a close friend of my late sister’s doctor. He’ll be able to help you through your illness.”

“Thank you,” Junhong gratefully says, storing the card securely into his pocket. She shakes her head and pats him on the shoulder.

“Your trip is soon, right? Are you already done preparing?” Himchan asks.

Victoria nods, taking a deep breath. “Today’s my last working day; I’ll be leaving at the end of this week. I’ll admit, it’s a lot more nerve wrecking than I thought it’d be. I’m so used to being independent, but when it comes to actually leaving home… it’s hard.”

“You’ll be great,” Himchan smiles, patting her on the arm.

“Well, I’ll see you at work in a few weeks then,” she waves to Himchan. The nurse nods and returns her smile.

When she hesitantly glances at Yongguk again, their eyes locking, she awkwardly nods and him with a weak smile and is on her way again.

“Victoria… she’s a nice girl,” Junhong comments.

Himchan laughs at the way Junhong presented his words. “She is.”

“Hyung—“

“Let’s go home,” Yongguk interrupts him. His eyes linger on Victoria for a while longer as the other two help him across the parking lot into Himchan’s car.

Nearby, he can see Victoria leaning against the hood of her car with a phone to her ear. Her expression is dark and she seems to be very deep in thought—troubled, almost.

“I heard Victoria may or may not have to quit soon,” Himchan comments.

Junhong perks his ears. “Why?”

“Her boyfriend has been rushing her to marry him,” Himchan replies, “no matter how capable she is at work, at the end of the day she’s just another pawn in the rich men’s game.”

Yongguk closes his eyes and leans back in his seat. Behind his lids, he can see Victoria’s worried and unhappy expression.

A part of him wants to save her, too.





It’s been a couple of weeks and Yongguk’s progress isn’t as optimistic as the doctors had initially hoped from his previous performance analogies.

“His immune system is being too stubborn,” Sunyoung frowns. “It won’t accept any antidotes that surpass the level of his previous intake, but he needs stronger doses at this point in time for them to take effect. If we keep forcing them into his body and his immune system keeps rejecting it, eventually his internal system will breakdown because of the confusion.”

Himchan bites down on his lip. “We just have to take it slow.”

“We have been,” Sunyoung deadpans. “How much slower can we go without him giving out?”

“You’re not usually this pessimistic,” Himchan comments, “maybe you need a break.”

Sunyoung sighs. “I can’t. He means a lot to Victoria and Victoria means a lot to me. Even if I wanted to, I can’t give up so easily on him.”

“Half of this team share the same sentiments as you, Sunyoung,” Himchan smiles weakly. “Zhoumi, Luhan, Kris, Krystal, Sunhwa, there are so many people who don’t even know Yongguk but work really hard to take care of him, all because of Victoria. She wouldn’t be happy if any of you overworked yourself to the point of a breakdown.”

“Yes,” Sunyoung agrees. “I suppose you’re right.”

Himchan chuckles, crossing his arms over his chest. “She’s coming back soon, isn’t she?”

“Day after tomorrow,” Sunyoung nods. “I heard she wasn’t feeling too well on her trip though.”

“She wasn’t feeling too great before the trip either,” Himchan frowns.

Sunyoung nods again. “We’ll just have to see, I guess.”





Himchan grins when he sees Victoria stride through the large door to the cafeteria. “How was your little vacation with Zhoumi?”

“Great,” Victoria beams. “I learned a lot and met quite a few honorable doctors there. Zhoumi and I are going to work on a progress report and a new analysis together for an upcoming hypothesis the company wants us to test.”

He nods slowly. “Sounds like a lot of work.”

“Well, I honestly could use a bit of distraction.” Victoria says.

“Really?” Himchan purses his lips. “I heard what you need most right now is some rest.”

Victoria laughs helplessly. “It was Sunyoung, wasn’t it? She’s such a big mouth.”

“She’s worried,” Himchan corrects.

“I’m fine.” Victoria insists, despite the fact that she’s pale and seems as though she’s lost a lot of weight over the course of a few weeks. “I was just a little homesick, that’s all.”

Himchan shrugs, even though he doesn’t believe her. “I’ll take your word for it.”

He buys her food then, making sure he sees her finish at least half the serving before he excuses himself back to work. There’s an indescribable feeling most people have here towards Victoria—the need to protect her, the need to take care of her.

Perhaps it was her determination, or the way she appeared friendly and sometimes helpless. It wasn’t as though she were truly helpless; Victoria was smart, she was capable, but something about her was lacking—self-confidence, perhaps.

Over the course of the rest of the day, Himchan wonders whether or not he should tell Yongguk that Victoria was back. It was probably a small piece of information Yongguk would appreciate, even if he probably wouldn’t see her any time soon.
 


-----

[Part 4] ♦ [Part 6]

-----







A/N: I know I'm ages late, but have you guys seen Rum Pum Pum Pum and Badman? Like, hot damn. Too many goddamn feelings. They're all so beautiful and attractive and handsome. I'm so proud of my f(x) girls and B.A.P! Growl, too, to be honest. EXO has been great with Eureurong. ^____^