왜 이래?

어디에서?

 

"Baekho hyung!" said Ren waving his hand infront of me.

"hyung~" he said once more time. Trying to catch my attention.

"hmm? Wae?" I tried to smile around the hyped and worried maknae infront of me.

"step out of it. Want ice cream?" he asked showing me a stick of my favourite flavor.

"nah." I politely refused his kind offer. Although he did look offended at me refusing.

"Wae?" he pouted

"I have to keep an eye on my diet!" I lied and patted my tummy, with a smile.

"but hyung. You usually just eat like you don't care." his face questioning me

"yaah. Maybe next time?" I patted his head with another smile.

He finally gave up and walked away to give the uneaten ice-cream to the other hyung.

The weather is cold and it looked like it's going to snow anytime. It's winter, her favorite season. Sometimes she'd be the one offering for ice-cream at this kind of weather. Then we'd waste time in a random restaurant that serves waffles and we'd stay there feeding each other warm, toasty waffles.

'we should stop.. I think I'm gaining some..' she whined and patted her tummy.

'yaah~ one more bite.' I poked her.

'no way Baekho. You eat that. You were the one who ordered this much.' she looked at the empty plates scattered on the table. Even the table looked smaller from the plates.

'Fine..' I smirked and wiped some chocolate syrup on her nose.

'bwo? Bwo?' she said surprisedly and wiped her nose as she narrowed her eyes and got her revenge. I would end up putting some on her lips and cleaned it with a kiss, making her blush and laugh about how cheesy it was.

I missed her. Her sudden surprises. All those times I observed her habits and silliness is starting to affect me. I would think about how she often falls asleep in simple car rides, leaning in my shoulder. The way she giggles when she had alittle too much drink. Even her laugh and cheerful presence is well missed in the now calm dance studio. She would also bring food and cakes which she experimented herself. I even miss the way she cuddles me in her sleep even when she denied that fact. I wonder if she kept that huge Teddy bear I bought her for when I asked her to be my girlfriend. Does she still cuddle it when I didn't have time to accompany her to sleep every night?

But aside from the happiness we shared there were also times when I feel that she doesn't care about me. Like when I was too exhausted from practice, she wouldn't run to me for a kiss or hug, yet she would just look up from her laptop and say 'Oppa! You're home.' and then go back to doing whatever things she's doing. But then again she would shy away whenever our face is close enough for a kiss. She wouldn't get jealous when I'm with other girls and often persuade me to hang around other girls. Sometimes I just can't understand her. Like what's her reason behind her laptop and how the smile she had on her face when she see's me and the way she's shy away and blush when she caught me looking at her smile.

Bora's POV

It's awfully cold today, and lonely. Knowing you're probably going to celebrate your birthday alone. Unlike every year, when he would spend time with you. Even time is going awfully slow today. It no longer means anything, this birthday. Without the person which was once everything.

I heard he's actually doing good without me. He probably have those noonas. Like Uee and the other unnies from Afterschool. They're pretty close.

Eveynight is like a horror movie to me nowadays. With the Teddy bear and pillows as a fort or shield which I childishly think might save me from the 'nightmares'. 

 

I miss his soothing voice and cool body when it touches my warm body. I don't even have the enthusiast to cook or experiment anymore. There's no one who'd comment or taste is for me any longer.

Indirectly, I would find out how he is through Aron or JR oppa. Although I worry if they might question me and tell Baekho how I can't move on. Since I never thought the three years we've been together will actually end.

By far there's only 7 messages of 'Happy Birthday'. Mostly from my friends overseas and my parents. He probably intentialnally forgot my birthday and everything about me.

I patted the head of the Teddy bear that reminds me of him. He bought a white tiger mask for it's head so that it'll look more like him. Sometimes I walk pass our favorite cafe and walk past him. He would sometimes look happy and when he looked at my direction with a puzzled face, I would turn away ignoring him or walk away.

Yet there are times when I try to just get drunk so that I'd feel better. And now, a can of beer is already a daily dosis to my life. I imagined how he would scold me when he found out about my newly developed habit but then again, he might not even care.

Since today was my birthday I decided to turn to some wine. Celebrating alone, and by myself. Who knows what dumb things I'd do this time. Stripping myself down to nothing and fall asleep? Crying till my eyeballs feel like rolling out of the sockets? Who cares. I just want to get my mind off him. Our happy memories. Maybe he'd finally remember me.

Baekho's POV

"Baekho! Baekho! Bora! She!" panted Aron as he looked like he just ran.

"bora? Wae? What? What happened?" I widened my eyes at his panic look.

"she! She's in the hospital!" he hung his head as he tries to breathe.

"where?!" I took my jacket and quickly rushed out the building.

I heard him yell about Yongsun hospital and I raced there. Not realizing that tears are starting to form. What have she done? Will I not be able to see her again? We hardly said goodbye. I was dumb for not having enough courage to go to her whenever she's outside that cafe. I was dumb enough to blame her on the break up. I just want to see her smile one last time. Hear her laugh again. Feel her warmth beside me. Making her smile. Feeling her quick peck on my cheeks.

I rushed inside the emergency room where one of her friend was there. The guy that caused everything.

Flashback

I decided to surprise her with the two amusement park tickets I bought yesterday. I had booked the whole place so that we could have the time of our lives, playing every ride without having to line up.

"ja-" I happily jogged to our kitchen but froze when I saw the view of her kissing a boy.

The boy she introduced to me before. He goes by the name Jaebum. I've been watching him, Eversince he tries to flirt with her when I was about to pick her up from work.

I've warned her about him and yet she keeps seeing him. Now, they're making out. In our house. Scratch that. My house.

They finally pulled away and he ran without looking me in the eye, leaving the both of us silent and staring at each other in disbelief.

"I knew it. You were cheating all along. No wonder you're always late. Always denying me. With him? You could've done better." I spat at her.

"I- he-" she tried to explain, her eyes widened in shock when I cut her off.

"was he even worth it? We're over. I dont want to see you even." I said sternly and glared at her as she was too speechless to say anything.

And by that night. I watched her leave, with her things. Trying to smile at me and fighting back tears.

"maybe it's for the best. I didn't know you saw me as that person. Sorry for wasting your precious time on dating me." she mumbled and left with a tear drop from her cheeks.

End of flashback