PROTECTIVE

Just A Taxi

School was over for me,but I felt bored,so I went to LTE high.
 
I wandered around,looking for Youngjae.
 
A group of guys saw me and came over.
 
"Hey,aren't you the daughter of TS high's principal?"
 
I rolled my eyes,"Not again."
 
"Isn't Blondie here with you?"
 
Well I'm not the only one nicknaming him Blondie.
 
"What are you doing here by yourself?"
 
"Are you lost?"
 
"Ooh your uniform is cute."
 
He reached out to touch my skirt but someone smacked his hand.
 
I turned,Youngjae was beside me.
 
"Get your hands off her,she's a visitor."
 
He wasn't wearing his glasses,and he looked extremely cool in that situation.
 
Youngjae held my hand and pulled me out of there.We walked down the pavement to the bus stop.
 
Youngjae's house was a few stops further than mine.
 
He was quiet,and it scared me a little.
 
He held my hand firmly,like as if someone would grab me and run if he didn't hold tight.
 
I stared at my feet and Youngjae squeezed my hand gently.
 
I looked up at him.
 
"Next time you want to wait for me,wait in the library."
 
I smiled and nodded,"Nae ara."
 
He wrapped an arm around my waist and kissed my forehead gently,"I don't like it when guys stare at you in your uniform."
 
I didn't know what to feel.I treated him like a brother,he treated me like his sister,but the way he talked to me,the way he touched me,it all felt strangely different from last time.
 
I pushed him slightly,"Oppa,I can handle them,you know I can."
 
He watched me and I saw a different look in his eyes.There wasn't that brotherly or friendly look I was so used to seeing,it was something else.
 
He touched my cheek and his finger trailed down to my lips.
 
I didn't tremble,I just watched him.We've barely reunited for more than a day and I realised how much things have changed.
 
We weren't kids anymore,we were young adults,capable of making our own decisions.
 
Capable of creating our own relationships.
 
He gazed into my eyes and I couldn't feel my heart at all.
 
"Oppa."
 
He pulled away and took his blazer off,tying it around my waist.
 
I didn't know what he was thinking,I really didn't know.
 
Our bus came and we boarded it.We sat at the back and Youngjae let me rest on his shoulder.
 
He intertwined our fingers and I kept thinking about our relationship now.
 
Was it the same as it has always been since we were twelve?Or have things changed?
 
"Minhye ah."
 
"Hmm?"
 
"You listening?"
 
I nodded.
 
"I think we were separated for too long."
 
"Mhmm."
 
"I don't know what I'm feeling now."
 
"Bwoh?"
 
He took a deep breath,"I miss you so much."
 
"I know."
 
"No,not that way."
 
I froze.
 
"I'm missing you,even right now,when I left after the lecture,my heart hurt so bad."
 
"W-Waeyo?"
 
"I missed you."
 
I closed my eyes and got up,"Oppa,we just reunited not too long ago."
 
He held my hands,"I know,I don't know what I want,but I need you by my side okay?"
 
I shrugged,"You still have to go home so."
 
He chuckled and we alighted at my stop.He walked me home,holding my hand.
 
We walked extra slow but I didn't complain or anything,I liked his company.
 
We stopped outside my house.He watched me and I took his blazer off,returning it to him.
 
He flung it on his shoulder and hugged me tight.
 
He pulled away after a while,resting a hand on the back of my neck and the other arm around my waist.
 
He obviously didn't want to leave,and he didn't want me to go in.
 
He tucked my hair behind my ear and kissed my forehead lightly.
 
There it was,that different from other kisses feeling.It wasn't those normal friendly kisses he used to give me,and I felt scared all of a sudden.
 
Everything I wanted to retrieve back felt like sand slowly falling through my fingers.
 
He watched me,and I saw the exact same look in his eyes.
 
We were afraid of losing our precious friendship that we so painstakingly just got back.
 
But our hearts had other plans.
 
"Oppa."
 
He rested his forehead on mine,"I know I know,I'll think of a way out."
 
I clenched my fists tight,I was losing it.
 
"We'll take it slow,sort out our feelings,take our time okay?"
 
I couldn't help it,my heart was aching like crazy.
 
Every word that came out of his mouth was supposed to calm me down,but instead,it was pushing me to the edge of my sanity.
 
I pulled away from him and walked to my door.
 
I wondered how my legs were still able to listen to me.But the further I moved away from him,it felt like I was stretching this elastic band between us.
 
I closed my eyes and ran in.I ran up to my room without looking back,without greeting ajusshi.
 
I sat on my bed and hugged my knees close to my chest.
 
I sat there and rocked myself back and forth.I've never felt this messed up and unsure before.
 
I couldn't have developed feelings for him when I still didn't know him could I?
 
I shut my brain off and pulled the covers over my head,I need a long sleep.
 
A really long sleep.

 

======================================================================================================================================

A/N:Whew! I need a really long sleep too...Thanks to my subscribers and please comment! I'm really exhausted so goodnight! ^^