A Million and One.

Mille Feuille

Title: Mille Feuille
Main: Kris & Chanyeol (EXO)
Length: oneshot
Genre: angst/drama/romance

 

One…

Autumn frees the wind, pulling leaves’ death. It was November when Chanyeol sat on the bench under a big oak tree. It’s been a while since the last time he visited the park. Almost five years. The last time was when his mother still exists, holding to his hand as they walked along the small path leading them to the pond. He would still be a twelve year-old crybaby yet cheerful boy, swinging their hands together with smiles.

 

Two…

His mother taught him not to let something he treasure slips away from his hand. But he had been a clumsy boy. And that day when the accident happened, he let off his mother’s hand which he should have not. He would cry, he would sulk. But then he remembers his mother’s words; that everything ends for a reason, but memories stick forever. After that, he would try to accept the reality, and it made him feel a bit better.

 

Three…

A person came to hold his hand. He was afraid to hold on too tight, afraid that he might lose it again. He had never held into something so tight ever since the time death took his mom. But now he was being held tight. Under this oak tree, he didn’t even realize the appearance of a figure beside him. Chanyeol, a man who had forgotten his smile, had his lips curved upwards shaping a crescent moon. He turned; a man with blonde hair was busy playing with his phone, probably texting to his work because he’s a damn workaholic. But the brunette didn’t mind, having his hand on the man’s care was everything now.

 

Four…

Wufan is the name of that blonde man. It’s the name to the birthed angel who pulls Chanyeol out from his pit of hell. The one who told Chanyeol that he should stop crying over something that will never come back. That he’s wasting his time trying to take back what’s taken from him. Wufan pulled him out the house to see the world, and to gain back Chanyeol’s smile. He told the younger that birds chirped not only in the morning but evening, that cats don’t actually have nine lives, that Tom and Jerry is a cartoon of violence that he shouldn’t watch. He told the younger everything that made Chanyeol learn how to smile again.

 

Five…

It was only a simple touch. But they knew it’s the right time. They’ve been friends for too long already, and even though Chanyeol didn’t talk much—neither Wufan did—they knew they can’t stay with the label friends anymore. The feel of holding hands are getting too warm—and too often, the hugs they shared are a bit too tight—too intimate, and the smiles Wufan gave him are getting too sweet—his heartbeat couldn’t betray his mind. And then came their first kiss.

 

Six…

It became a bit near perfect. Chanyeol was a bit sure that he might be able to hold on tight now, but he didn’t let himself. It was too fast, too quick, too rushed. He’s not ready for that. But the jealousy of seeing Wufan with another person—a workmate, or relatives—are a bit out of line, Chanyeol doesn’t even know why. He’s now afraid to think that Wufan’s hold had loosened. And that’s how he finally let himself to follow his heart.

 

Seven…

The fight was unbearable. Chanyeol felt his heart shattered to million pieces and he couldn’t fix it all. The pieces are too small, too fragile. They used to fight a lot but never once Wufan ended their phone call, never once he said that he won’t be back tonight. It was the first night for Chanyeol to spend alone. He was still awake, holding to the remaining pieces of his heart. He was holding on them too tight that they hurt his fingers. He was holding on them too tight that they got a little more broken. Sadness turned to tears, and it was the first time he cried hard after meeting Wufan.

 

Eight…

Trust is like a paper, once it’s crumpled, it can’t be perfect; everything that falls get broken, and so Chanyeol. He fell for Wufan; he fell too deep and broken that he couldn’t find a way back. It was much scarier than his pit of hell Wufan took him out long time ago. Eventually, Wufan came back in the morning and found Chanyeol, awake and restless, went to hug him and mutter a sorry. Since then, Wufan never left. He’s always there for Chanyeol and Chanyeol felt like alive again, yet he didn’t feel the same. Wufan’s not the Wufan he loved long ago. Chanyeol felt different around him now.

 

Nine…

Everything was back to the almost perfect again. They laughed and joked like they used to, it was only a fight, everything’s okay now. Or so what Wufan and Chanyeol thought. Both are actually distant. Sometimes they found themselves standing between silence, a sigh or two escaped, and everything went awkward which Chanyeol always break with a smile or a simple ‘hey’ from Wufan. Maybe everything’s not okay now. Maybe they’re just pretending for it to be okay.

 

Ten…

A glass of coffee fell to the floor, making a breaking sound just like what Chanyeol heard from his chest the time Wufan left him alone. He closed his eyes, feeling insecure. He didn’t want to admit what’s in his mind, so he poked his cheeks to fake a smile before going to the kitchen. Wufan was bending down the floor, picking up the shattered glass. Chanyeol took a napkin before wiping the stained floor. ‘Are you okay?’ he asked the older which was answered with a smile and nod. Chanyeol smiled back before bringing the napkin to the sink, running the water on. Wufan stood up, now it was his turn to ask, ‘What’s wrong?’ and Chanyeol freezes. They stood in silence before Wufan walked to the younger, slightly squeezing his forearm for comfort, ‘what’s wrong, Chanyeol?’ he asked again. But the younger stayed silent.

 

…Ten. A hundred,

Chanyeol smiled. Wufan raised an eyebrow to him before taking a hold of the younger’s hand. They were walking around the park because Wufan thought they need to see the sun together and breathe the same fresh air together. Cheesy enough, but Chanyeol liked that. It was spring and the weather is still cool from the winter. Wufan didn’t wear any scarf and coughed a lot because of cold, Chanyeol quietly wrapped his scarf around both of them. Sensing the silence, Wufan asked, ‘What’s wrong?’ but Chanyeol just smiled, muttering a simple, ‘nothing.’

 

A thousand,

He felt the sting of pain every time Wufan asked him ‘What’s wrong?’ but he couldn’t explain it out. He couldn’t let himself to spill his worries. Wufan had always smiled for him; it was the time to pay. Wufan hates summer and heat but they went to the beach, spending the whole day playing with water and sand but then Wufan got dizzy and they decided to rest. Wufan notices Chanyeol’s blank stare, he asked ‘What’s wrong?’ which made Chanyeol to snap back his reality and smiled, ‘It’s nothing’. But when Wufan was back staring at the ocean, Chanyeol sighed in silence. ‘It’s nothing.’ He repeated.

 

A hundred thou—no, a million,

It was October, reaching the middle of autumn in their 4th year of togetherness. Chanyeol was sitting on the bench under the same oak tree. The leaves had fallen and he kept on counting, every year, the leaves. Today, he had reached a million. One million fallen leaves; Mille Fuielle. It was a name of a cake, Wufan’s favorite cake which became Chanyeol’s favorite too. When Wufan told him the meaning of its name, Chanyeol started to count. Because every leaf that falls remind him of Wufan. And he willed to spend his time here counting leaves. Answering Wufan’s asks, one by one, carefully, wishing the older is sitting beside him, listening.

“What’s wrong?”

“I feel betrayed. I didn’t want to believe that you’re hiding everything from me.’ He whispered, ‘Why didn’t you tell me anything? Why did you let me suffer from all this uncertainty? Why did you let me wonder all by myself? Why won’t you be here with me? You smiled to me, saying everything’s okay when I clearly know there’s nothing okay with you. Ever since that night you left me, you’ve been hiding things from me. I never thought—but now, everything’s too late.”

Chanyeol sighed, a tear escaped from his eyes. “Why did you leave me, Wufan?”

 

A million and one.

Autumn frees the wind, pulling leaves’ death. It was November when Chanyeol sat on the bench under a big oak tree. Silently mourning the farewell of his one and only love, Wufan.

 


Sorry for the crap lol. Updating in a rush. Gtg! hope you guys enjoy <3