After School Special

After School Special

Kyungmi hung her backpack off of a desk, and gazed around the empty classroom. Her mom had insisted she be early on the first day of school, since she had just transfered, but she was so early that no one was there yet, not even the teacher. 

She was about to sit down when a boy walked in. He wasn't in a school uniform, instead he was wearing a nice looking suit. Maybe he's one of the kingkas? She wondered to herself. Surely they didn't always wear the uniform, but a suit? Maybe.

"Oh!" she gasped, as the boy turned in her direction. He was positively gorgeous, he definately had to be a kingka.

"I didn't know anyone was already here," he said with a smile. Kyungmi bit her bottom lip, he had the cutest voice. "I've never seen you before, what's your name?" the boy asked, walking over to her. 

"K-kyungmi, J-jang Kyungmi," she stuttered out. Her heart beat faster with every step he took towards her. He stopped about a foot away, and extended his hand. 

"It's nice to meet you, Jang Kyungmi. I'm Yang Yoseob." Kyungmi, shakily took his hand.

"Neh, nice to meet you too, I just moved here from Busan. I hope we can become good friends," she started blushing as she finished the last sentence. 

Yoseob started giggling in response. She looked up at him, confused. 

"You're really cute Jang Kyungmi," he ruffled her hair, making her blush more. "I would love to be your friend." He winked at her before bending down and picking up her backpack.

"What are you doing?" Kyungmi asked.

"I thought since we're friends now, we sould sit next to each other." He brought her bag up to the front of the room and sat it on top of the desk closest to the teachers. 

"You like sitting up front?" Kyungmi questioned. 

"Mmm," Yoseob pondered the question for a moment. "I suppose, yes. It's easier for me to see everything that way." She wondered if he was the class monitor.

The bell for class rang and students started to enter, so Kyungmi sat down in her new seat at the front of the room. 

"Seonsaengnim, we're not going to have too much work today, right? Its only the first day after all," one of the students said to Yoseob, who just shrugged at him. 

"S-seongsaengnim?" Kyungmi asked in shock. Yoseob just started giggling and walked around the teachers desk to take a seat behind it. Omo! How can he be the teacher? She thought, covering up her face wishing she could just disappear. 

Up untill lunch Kyungmi's thoughts were flooded with the fact that Yoseob was her teacher. He looked so young, though! She had been starting to like him too. All of her thoughts kept a slight blush on her face. 

The bell for lunch rang and all the students left the classroom, but Kyungmi stayed. 

"Ummm." He looked up at her and smiled.

"Neh, Kyungmi-ah." She blushed again, making Yoseob's smile bigger. 

"Y-you're," she coverd her face with her hands, peeking between the gaps in her fingers, "you're not a student here?"

"Ani, I started working here last year. I'm younger than most teachers because I graduated 2 years early."

Kyungmi made an 'O' with .

"Is that all you wanted?" Yoseob asked, receiving a nod in response. "Then you should go off to lunch." 

"Can't I eat lunch with you?" she asked.

Yoseob stood up from his seat and rummaged behind his desk. Soon enough he brought up a lunch box and walked back around to Kyungmi to sit down in the desk next to hers. 

"Kyungmi-ah I'll eat with you today, but in the future you should try to make some friends your age. It would be difficult for you if you didn't, I would worry." 

"Neh, I understand." She didn't want to say it, but she was happy just being freinds with Yoseob. "Um, I have a question."

"What is it?" He lifted one of his eyebrows up in curiosity.

"What should I call you?" He glanced down at the floor and back up to her.

"Seongsangnim would be appropriate, I am your teacher and none of the other students call me by my name... Mr. Yang is also okay."

"But, if I see you outside of school," Kyungmi was getting embarased by what she was saying and looked down, covering her face with her bangs. "Or like this, if it's just us... Could I call you Yoseob-ah?" She bit down on her lip, anticipating his reply.

"That could be fine," She looked up smiling at him, glad that he was okay with it. "Were friends right?" Kyungmi's smile faltered as he spoke his last words. For some reason him saying 'friends' didn't sit well with her.

"Right." She managed to get out.

"Lets eat then," he said, ruffling her hair. 

Kyungmi took out her lunch and the two ate there, in a comfortable silence. 

Lunch break ended and class resumed. Everytime Yoseob's eyes made contact with Kyungmi, she couldn't help but blush. She could feel herself falling for him, even though she knew it was wrong.


 

As days turned into weeks and weeks turned into 3 months, Kyungmi kept liking her teacher more and more. She did make friends at school but would eat with Yoseob one day out of every week. She did her best at hiding her feelings and just being his friend. He was 6 years older than her afterall, she was legal but he was her teacher!

"How was your week?" Yoseob asked, it was the last day of school before winter break.

"It was fine." 

"Did you go out with your friends?"

"No, I was studying."

"Well, I suppose you have all break to see them." He smirked. 

"Mmmm..." Yeah but I don't have all break to see you...

"Are you going out with your boyfriend for Christmas?" Yoseob lifted his eyes from his lunch to just barely look at the girl, she frowned.

"Yah! Yoseob your such a jerk, you know I don't have a boyfriend..." Kyungmi layed her chin on her desk, looking up towards Yoseob, whom was smirking to himself a little.

"Such a pretty girl, I'm sure you'll find someone." 

"Oh yeah? What are you doing for Christmas?" After she asked it, she regretted it. She didn't want to hear about his Christmas plans, his girlfriend...

"Mmm, me? I'll probably hang out with Kevin*." He chuckled to himself like it was funny. Kyungmi felt bad that he was going to be alone, but a huge weight lifted off her shoulders.

"You're so pitiful." She smiled to herself, still happy about him not having a date.

"Who's the jerk now?" They both began laughing. 

"Yoseob-ah,"

"Mmm." He regained his composure as he saw a serious look on Kyungmi's face.

"Um," She looked down, biting her bottom lip. "What if you hung out with me, o-on Christmas." She could feel the burning in her cheeks and didn't dare look up.

She waited for a reply. As the seconds ticked away, Kyungmi's eyes became watery. A minute, two passed and nothing. A tear slid its way down her cheek and she gasped out the breath she didn't know she was holding. Her head flipped up and she looked at him, just sitting there, stairing out the window. 

Tears started steadily streaming down her face. She began haphazardly shoving her things into her bag, Yoseob looked over at her and sighed.

"You still have half the school day," He spoke out, Kyungmi's head flipped up and looked at him. Her eyes were streaming tears down her cheeks and her nostrils flaired out every so often due to her irratic breathing. Yoseob's mouth hung open a little. "Kyungmi."

The girl stood up out of her seat as fast as she could, Yoseob stumbled out of his chair. She tore her eyes away from him and to the door, where she started walking towards.

"Just let me say something to you at least," Yoseob grabbed Kyungmi's shoulder spinning her around. She downcast her face, not wanting to look at him. "Look at me," She shook her head, how could she look at him? He lifted her chin with his hand, forcing her to look up. "I'm sorry, but you know, it's not right! Kyungmi, we would never work out. I'm your teacher!" She staired into his eyes, everything he said was true, but she didn't want it to be. 

"I dont know, actually." With that she grabbed the front of Yoseob's suit and pulled him down to her, pushing her lips up against his.


*Kevin: Refering to Home Alone. On Christmas this movie is always playing at the theater in Korea for the sad lonely people seeing as Christmas is more like Valentines day there. :)

Editid this quite a bit actually... Could potentially have a sequil but who knows~ Thanks for reading and I hope you liked it!! Comments are appreciated.