Day at the Beach

Day at the Beach

 

It was a nice day in the summer time, school had just ended and you were planning on sleeping in this morning. But unfortunately when you were sleeping your phone had started to ring. You groaned and silenced your phone seeing that it was 7 a.m. You smiled when it was silent again and started to drift off to sleep.

I lost my mind~

You groaned hearing your phone again, ‘I am losing my mind!’ you thought in your head as you grabbed your phone off the night stand. You opened your eyes slowly and squinted at the screen of your phone to see who it was. It was your best friend Kai.

“Yeoboseyo?” you said groggily.

“Hey! _____-ah what are you doing today?” he said a bit loud as a result of his excitement.

“Sleeping in.”

“Omo… did I wake you up?” he whispered.

“Neh.”

“Should I call back later?”

“Aniyo you already woke me up… so what is it you called about?”

“You want to hang out today?”

“Sure.”

“Okay cool get ready for the beach then~!”

“The beach?”

“Neh~!”

You chuckled hearing his excitement on the other side of the phone, you could just imagine him smiling and jumping around even though it was seven in the morning. You hung up the phone and rolled out of bed. You weren’t too happy to give up your morning to go to the beach but you were more than happy to spend that time with your best friend. You washed up and changed into your favorite bikini then put on shorts and a loose tank top over it. Then you grabbed a bag to pack a towel for you and one for him, then threw a bottle of sunscreen in. After your bag was packed you walked downstairs and watched some tv while you were waiting for him to arrive.

It didn’t seem like you were waiting a long time when Kai knocked on the door. You smiled and walked to the door, you opened it to see him smiling brightly at you.

“Ready?”

You nodded and walked out the door. The two of you walked side-by-side to the bus stop the whole time talking about how happy you were to finally be on summer vacation. While the two of you were waiting for the bus to arrive you pulled out your phone and both of you started to play games against each other. You were laughing at how frustrated he would get when you beat him, and he looked cute with his determined facial expression. Finally the bus arrived and you got on, Kai following behind you.

You chose a seat in the back of the bus next to the window, and of course Kai sat right next to you. You were looking out the window and pointing out the different scenery that passed by.

“When do we get off?” you asked looking at him.

“Don’t worry I’ll let you know,” he smiled reassuringly, you nodded in response.

Whenever you had to ride in a bus or car for long periods of times it would always make you sleepy. Therefore, because you were on the bus with Kai for a while your eyelids started to get heavy and you dosed off a couple times. Kai watched you falling asleep but wake back up a minute later. He smiled to himself, then started to look out the window. After a couple minutes you gave into your drowsiness and closed your eyes, you rested your head against the window but it wasn’t comfortable thanks to the bumpiness of the road.

Kai watched intently out the window as things passed by on the way to the beach he was taking you to. He was deep in thought when you rested your head on his shoulder. As soon as he felt the weight of your head on his shoulder he froze, then carefully moved his head to look down at you. He relaxed seeing your smiling face resting peacefully; he mirrored your smile and sat there letting you rest. He watched out the window, as you rested, waiting for the stop you had to get off.

He smiled and gently shook your shoulder, “_____-ah we’re here~” he said softly.

You stirred awake and sat up rubbing the sleep from your eyes, “we’re here?”

“Neh~” he chuckled and stood up, then grabbed your hand helping you to your feet. Then he led you out of the bus still holding on to your hand tightly. Once the two of you were out of the bus you stood on the side of the road and looked around. You tried to stretch your arms up but realized that you were holding Kai’s hand, you looked down at your hands and blushed slightly. He blinked back to reality seeing your reaction and quickly released your hand, then shoved both his hands in his pockets. You bit your bottom lip a bit hurt by his sudden action but shrugged it off since you guys were just friends.

“So which way do we go now?”

He smiled and nodded his head towards the right, “A little down that way, come on~”

You smiled and happily followed behind him trying to calm your heart down after you realized you were holding his hand. You started blushing remembering that you had fallen asleep on his shoulder, you shook away the thoughts and fanned yourself with your hands to help calm yourself down.

‘Don’t start acting like this now _____-ah~’ you thought to yourself, ‘you’ve been friends for a while.’

He turned and smiled at you, “come on slow poke!”

You chuckled and walked faster to catch up with him. He led you down to the beach you looked around in amazement at the big shore and the water just beyond it. You dropped your bag and ran towards the water, the beach was surprisingly empty for being summer. Kai watched you run towards the water and chuckled to himself, he dropped his backpack by yours then jogged down to the water’s edge to join you. You smiled as the cool water rushed in over your feet.

“Wah it’s so nice today, the weather is nice, the water is cool~” you sighed in content.

Kai just nodded his response watching you closely as you kicked at the cool water that came up around your feet. You could feel his eyes on you and smiled mischievously. You looked up at him then kicked some water at him. He jumped not expecting the splash of cold water hit him, but before he could do anything to retaliate you ran away from him and chased after you. You looked behind and noticed him chasing you, you started running faster but it was no use Kai was too fast. He ran up behind you then wrapped his arms around your waist from behind and lifted you up, trapping you in his arms.

“You’re going to pay for doing that~” he smirked and walked towards the water.

Your eyes widened realizing he might actually drop you in the cold ocean water; so, you started to squirm in his arms to get free. He laughed at your useless antics and held on to you tighter. But as he walked closer to the water his feet would sink into the sand, and because of your squirming he lost balance and fell. You landed right on top of him your faces only a couple inches apart from each other. The two of you were laughing but immediately fell silent when you realized how close you were. He stared into your eyes glancing down once in a while at your lips, but you didn’t notice because you were mesmerized by his dark brown eyes that were just staring back at you. He lifted his head up closer to you slowly eliminating the little distance between your faces. You quickly snapped out of your trance when he started coming closer, so you rolled off of him just as his lips lightly touched yours.

You started blushing from the slight contact of your lips but started chuckling and playfully nudged him, “yah looks like you’re not as strong as you claim to be~” you teased to make the situation less awkward.

He chuckled and nudged you back, “yah I am strong~ but the wet sand kept swallowing up my feet as I walked and it didn’t help that you were squirming like a fish out of water.”

You laughed and grabbed some wet sand and put it on his chest. He gasped then grabbed some sand and put it on you as well. The two of you laughed enjoying the mixture of the warm sun beaming down on you and the cool water rushing on to the shore.

___

The two of you played around along the beach until lunch time. Kai smiled and laid out one of the towels you brought and sat on it, but moves to make room for you as well. Then he pulled out a lunch box from his backpack, he opened it and gave one tray of the lunch box to you.

“hm? You didn’t make this did you?” you blinked in astonishment as he placed the food in front of you.

“I did~”

“Chincha?”

“Neh”

You nodded and used a pair of chopsticks and grabbed out an egg roll, then put it in your mouth. Kai watched you carefully, biting his bottom lip nervously.

“Wah its really good~!” you smiled brightly at him and gave him a thumbs up, he sighed in relief.

“Oh can you look in my backpack for another pair of chopsticks?”

“Arasso~”

‘Moment of truth’ he took a deep breath, then as you turned away from him to look in his backpack he quickly wrote something in the sand.

You furrowed your eyebrows a bit confused as you looked through the bag. You saw the pair of chopsticks but saw a note attached to the bottom of his empty backpack:

Turn around.

You blinked a couple times still confused.

“Did you find them?”

You turned to him holding the other pair of chopsticks in your hand, he was smiling nervously at you. But there was a writing in the sand that caught your eye, the words were inside of a big heart. You peeled your eyes away from his nervous face to further examine the writing in the sand. You gasped when you read what it said:

_____-ah will you be my girlfriend?

You looked up at him, he was biting his bottom lip nervously, “W-will you?”

You opened your mouth to respond but nothing came out so you nodded instead. He smiled happily and leaned forward to kiss your cheek, you immediately turned a shade of red.

“Can I ask you a question Kai?”

“Yeah what is it?” he tilted his head as he looked at you.

“Why are you asking this all of a sudden?”

“What do you mean?”

“This came out of nowhere to be honest…”

He chuckled sheepishly, “Well not really… I actually always liked you… I just didn’t have the courage to ask.”

You smiled and pecked his lips, “Well I liked you too you know~ you should have asked earlier” you teased and ate more of the egg rolls, he smiled and opened his mouth for you to feed him. You laughed and fed him some egg rolls.