Always watching over you

A Musical Romance

I can’t believe I’m done. I’ve worked through all the problems that Jongsuk gave me in a day. As soon as I came home from school I got started and now it’s ten thirty at night. Yoojung is already asleep. Holy crap I’m tired.

*GROWL*

and maybe even a little hungry.

 

I’m walking down the street looking inside different restaurants deciding what to eat. All the places down this street are either fully booked or too expensive. There is a store famous for their ramyun at the corner of the street. It’s decided, I’m having ramyun for dinner.

As I walk in, I notice a thin boy with dark silky hair. It can’t be can it? As he turns around I see Jongsuk. Holy crap, I now where he works! I physically wiped my grin off with my right hand. What if he thinks I’m following him? I run out of the shop and stand outside the door. I notice the menus and pamphlets near the door. I pick one up and dial the shops number. A woman picks the phone up and asks me what I would like to order.

‘Could I just have a regular ramyun please.’

‘Sure, would you like me to deliver it out to you?’

‘Oh don’t worry. I live far from the store. I’ll pick it up in an hour.’ I looked at the opening hours. He’d probably finish by then.

‘But aren’t you standing just outside the shop.’

I look at the window next to the door and the manager waves at me. Well, isn’t this embarrassing. I guess I should confess.

‘I actually saw a friend working in your store. He doesn’t know that I know he works there if you know what I mean. I just thought I might just watch over him until he’s done.’

‘You sure you don’t want to come inside and eat? It’s rather cold.’

‘No, I’ll wait.’

‘Okay then. I’ll have your ramyun brought out soon. Have a nice night!’ Phew

I lean against the window and watch the angel in his black and white waiter’s uniform. He goes up to a table, reaches for his pen and pad from his pocket, and begins to take customer’s orders. He walks around swiftly but carefully. He really puts his back into cleaning the tables and running the food. The customers are awestruck by his smile. He must be using his angel powers on them.

It’s nearly time to close up. Jongsuk is sweeping the floor when suddenly the manager comes up to him. She holds him by the right arm and brings to his right ear. I bring myself closer to the window. He just giggles and walks away into the kitchen. He’s been gone for the last ten minutes. I’m really worried that something might have happened to him. I realize that the window that I’m still pinned up against is freezing cold.

Creeeaaaaakkkkk

‘Yah, did you order some ramyun?’

There is the gorgeous boy looking at me. He’s no longer wearing his uniform but a nice warm jacket. As he hands me the ramyun, he flicks me on the head with his other hand. OUCH

‘Why didn’t you come in?’

‘I was just passing by. Really didn’t expect you to be working here, purely coincidence.’ I’m stuttering like a fool.

‘Sure’, I hear him mutter.

‘So do you work here often?’

‘I usually work here in the evenings when I don’t have singing group classes. During the day I teach piano otherwise accompany violinists when they have competitions. It’s a lot of fun.’

‘Don’t you have school?’

‘… It’s a little complicated at the moment. I guess I do. It’s just I’m not going at the moment.’

‘Oh, okay.’

We come to a stop. We’re at a playground. If you look further out from the playground, you can see all the city lights bright and beautiful. Though I’m looking at the lights, I feel the need to turn to Jongsuk. If only I could just, naturally turn my head towards him.

Jongsuk’s hand finds my own. At first I’m slightly surprised and flustered. It only takes a second until I realise what is happening. I fling the fragile boy to look at me. His hands are trembling and eyes are large and round, looking at me in shock. He begins to chock and his knees give way. I catch the falling boy, shaking him a little.

‘Yah, Jongsuk. Jongsuk, what’s happening? Yah JONGSUK-AH!!!’