Final

Pet

" Be careful of falling in love. "

" What? "

" You heard me. I don't need to repeat my self. " the man said as he leaned on the wall, checking his nails.

Kyungsoo glared with his big doe eyes to the man who transformed him into a human. Yes. Transformed. He doesn't remember how though. All he can dig inside his head is that he was being thrown out by Baekhyun outside the house and heard a loud crash.

" Okay, let me get this straight. I am now a human. And i have a month before i go back to being a dog again. "

" Yep. You got that right. Well, i need to go now. " the man said as he stood up from leaning against the wall. Before going, he added " Oh and by the way, by the looks that you're giving me, i guess you're curious who am i. "

The man walked in front of Kyungsoo and placed his hand on his right shoulder. " I am Kai. The angel of animals. "




~


Kyungsoo walked around the city, clueless of where to go. Well, he can't just show up to his master's house and announce that he's their pet dog. Definitely no. He found a bench and decided to sit on it. Minutes passed when he heard a shout from his left side and when he turned around, a big fluffy white dog leaped on him causing him to fall down.

" Are you okay? " he heard someone shouted to him. He groaned as he rubbed his head and when he opens his eyes, big blue eyes are staring back at him.

I am sorry if i tackled you.

Wait, what? Did he just heard what the dog is saying?

You're not going insane. I am talking to you. I know what you are.

He was about to answer back when he heard again the voice earlier. He recognize her! It was the lady who grooms him every Saturday. She offered a hand in which he gladly accepts.

" I am so sorry for what happened. And also thankful for stopping this dog. " she ruffles the dog's fur, in which is still at Kyungsoo's arms. He heard the dog snorts. " I am Yoona by the way. I own that pet salon over there. " Kyungsoo doesn't know what to do. The lady looked at him, waiting for his reply.

Talk! You can talk y'know! You're a human now, remember?

" Ugh.. No problem. " he awkwardly replied. He was relieved when Yoona smiled at him.

" Say, where do you live? I'll walk you home and treat you a drink on the way as a sign of my gratitude."

" I- I don't have a home. " he murmured.

" Oh. That's sad. I'm sorry to hear that. " Yoona frowned then suddenly smiled. " Hey, would you like to work for me? You can stay at the clinic too if you want! I am in need of an assistant anyway."

" Really? "

" Yeah! So, what do you think? "

Yoona smiled when she received a nod and a big smile.




~


Kyungsoo's job was to feed the animals and maintain the cleanliness of the shop. Yoona even gave him spare clothes for she has a younger brother. Kyungsoo then learned that the big fluffy white dog's name is Sehun. They bonded a lot during the night and he find it entertaining that the dog can read his mind.

On the next day, he was wiping the glass wall when he heard the door's bell chime indicating a customer. He bowed and greeted the customer but when he looked at it's face, he forgot to breathe. Tall, dark brown hair, big eyes and awkward creepy smile. Its his owner, Park Chanyeol.

" Oh. I didn't know Yoona has a new assistant. Hi, I am Chanyeol. " he extended his hand towards Kyungsoo, smiling widely. Kyungsoo awkwardly shook his hands.

" Where is Yoona? "

" Uhh.. She w-went out for a b-bit. " Kyungsoo felt so happy yet nervous. He missed the person in front of him so much.

" Chanyeol! What are you doing here?" Yoona asked as she entered the shop, nodding at Kyungsoo.

" I always go here every Saturday noona. I'm surprised that you're still asking me. " Chanyeol said with his deep voice and pouted. Yoona laughed and ruffles his hair. She then looked behind Chanyeol " Where is Kyungsoo? "

Kyungsoo, who was standing awkwardly at the corner, stiffened. "Is he your master?" Sehun asked beside him. " Yeah " he answered back.

Chanyeol's smile vanished. He looked down at his shoes before answering. " I don't know.. I left him to Baekhyun yesterday and when i came back, he was gone. Baekhyun said that Kyungsoo suddenly ran away. "

" I am sorry to hear that. Maybe he'll come back soon. " Yoona patted his back. Chanyeol smiled sadly and nodded. " Well, why don't you walk Sehun? He's getting fat anyway. "

"As if its not her fault. She's the one who spoiled me with delicious foods. I can't fight back." Sehun said to Kyungsoo in which made him laugh. Yoona looked at him and smiled.

" Oh and why won't you take Kyungsoo too? He's new here by the way. " Yoona said as she gestures Sehun to come to her. Chanyeol looked at him and he forgot to breathe again.

" Okay. " the deep voice said.




~

" You know, you have the same name with my dog. "

" R-really? "

" Yeah. He also has the same eyes as yours. You really reminds me of him. " Chanyeol said as they sat down on one of the benches along the street. Its been a week since they walked Sehun together and Kyungsoo felt so happy spending his time with his owner again. Much happier now that he can talk to him.

" Do you miss him? " Kyungsoo suddenly asked. Chanyeol looked at him and answered

" More than you know. He's been with me all the time since kinder. He's like my other half you know. I miss him so much.. I still don't get it why he suddenly ran away."


" Bye! Take care of Kyungsoo for me! " Chanyeol happily waved at both of them. When he was already out of sight, Baekhyun went to the sofa to read. Not seconds after, there's a knock on the door. Baekhyun stood up and opened it revealing Kris, their friend. But what happened next made Kyungsoo barked at them. Kris hugged Baekhyun and kissed his cheek. Both ignored him so he jumped to tackle Kris. What happened next is that he is being dragged outside by Kris and then a loud crash.


" Maybe he didn't ran away.. " Kyungsoo said lowly but still enough for Chanyeol to hear.

" Maybe but who knows? "

" You should ask your partner. Maybe there is something that he isn't telling you. "




~

" We broke up. "

Was the first thing Chanyeol said when they walked Sehun. He explained to him that he saw Kris and Baekhyun cuddling on the sofa when he got home early. He couldn't believe that his very own best friend will cheat on him with his boyfriend.

" I wish Kyungsoo is here. I always feel better whenever he's around. " Chanyeol sighed.

When they got back to the shop, Sehun immediately ran towards Yoona leaving Kyungsoo with Chanyeol outside.

" Hey, would you want to sleep over at my place tonight? I just really need a companion and you remind me of my dog so much and- "

" Sure. " Kyungsoo didn't let Chanyeol to finish. He really wants it anyway.




~

" And then Suho ran away, crying! " Chanyeol laughs loudly as he shared some childhood stories to Kyungsoo as they sat on the pile of bed sheet on the floor. Of course, Kyungsoo already knows this but still listened intently and laughed with him.

Chanyeol's story telling was stopped when they heard knocks on the door. Chanyeol stood up and opened it revealing a standing Baekhyun.

" I am sorry Chanyeol. Let me explain please. I was wrong. so so wrong! Its just that i was tempted and it was fault for giving in. I am so sorry. I love you." Baekhyun said as tear drops fall from his eyes.

" You know that I love you but Baek, it hurts. I think we need time for this. "

Kyungsoo is sitting on the bed sheet, quietly listening to their conversation when he noticed Baekhyun is looking at him.

" Is he the new one? " Baekhyun asked Chanyeol, anger is visibly in his eyes.

" What are you talking about? He's just my friend. If I were you, leave now. " Chanyeol looked at him hard. When Baekhyun finally left, Chanyeol returned to the bed sheet and sat while rubbing his temples saying sorry to Kyungsoo for witnessing that. Kyungsoo nodded ands excused his self to go to the comfort room.


" What did I told you about falling in love? "

Kyungsoo was shocked and when he turned around, he saw Kai sitting on the counter top. " I wasn't in love. "

" Oh yes you are. " Kai hopped down and stood beside Kyungsoo. " You see, you only have 2 days left before going back to your dog form. You will just get hurt if you continue this. "

" I know but I can't help it! " Kyungsoo helplessly shouted. " I want to be beside him always. I want him to be happy. I WANT to make him happy. "

" You can. " Kai patted his shoulder. " By bringing those two back together. "

" You're joking. "

" No I'm not. We don't joke around Kyungsoo. I am serious. Those two are meant to be. " Kai looked at him seriously. When Kyungsoo didn't respond, Kai squeezed his shoulder and whispered " It's the right thing to do. "



" What took you so long! " Chanyeol childishly shook his body while pouting at Kyungsoo.

" Its not that long. "

" Yes it is! I was already falling asleep here just by waiting for you. "

" Chanyeol, can we talk? "

" We are already talking. "

" Oh. Yeah. Uhm, do you still love him? " Kyungsoo asked hesitantly. Chanyeol's eyes got bigger first but returned to normal.

" Yes. " and there is Kyungsoo's heart, shattering. Kyungsoo took a deep breath before talking again. " I think you should go back with him. I know he did something wrong but people make mistakes right? "

" Why are you like this Kyungsoo...? " Chanyeol asked

" Let me tell you a secret. " he inhaled deeply before speaking " I am your dog Chanyeol. "

" W-what? Stop joking Kyungsoo. Its not funny. "

" I wish I was just joking. " Kyungsoo stood up. Before he went out, he said " Think about what i said. Give him a chance." and then he was out.



~

" I wish I can do something to stop your tears, but you see, i have four legs. " Sehun said as he lay down beside Kyungsoo on the floor. " I'm gonna miss you. Come and visit me often will you? "

Kyungsoo turned around, eyes swollen and smiled sadly at Sehun before nodding.



~

" You did the right thing Kyungsoo. " Kai said as he watched Kyungsoo watch Sehun sleeping. He was waiting for Yoona to say his goodbye and thank her for providing him shelter and everything.

" Oh. Kyungsoo-ah. You're up early. Its Sunday today. " Yoona said as she walked around to put her bag on the desk.

" I know noona. Uhm, I just wanna thank you for all the things you've done for me. " Kyungsoo said as he bowed to her.

" Why? Are you going away? "

" Uh, yeah. I'm going back to my place. "

" Oh.. I see. Well, we'll gonna miss you here. " she then took some bills from her pocket and gave it to Kyungsoo. " Here, your last salary. "

Kyungsoo shook his head but Yoona insists. " Its for you. " she smiled.



Kyungsoo was walking around, waiting for the time that he'll be back when he passes by a jewelry shop. " How many hours do I have Kai? "

" You have an hour left. Why? " Kai answered beside him. Kyungsoo didn't answer him back and just went inside the shop.


He was about to cross the pedestrian lane when he noticed Chanyeol on the other side. He was wearing headphones and he's holding hands with Baekhyun. Oh. Kyungsoo ignored the hurt tug on his chest and when the lights turned red, he started to cross. He suddenly heard some screeching tires and the next thing he knew, he was pushing Chanyeol put of the way and all is black again. He wasn't able to hear Chanyeol's loud shout of his name.



~

He felt that he was lying tight fingers were interlaced on his own and when he turned his head, Chanyeol is there.

" Am i dead? " he manages to ask before coughing loudly.

" No you're not and no way you're gonna be one. "

Kyungsoo smiled. He reached for his pocket and passed something to Chanyeol. Its a necklace with a dog pendant. By the time he passed the necklace, he was out of breath.

" Kyungsoo-yah! Yah Kyungsoo! " Chanyeol shook him but got no answer.

" The ambulance is on their way. " Baekhyun kneeled beside Chanyeol and hugged him. Then Chanyeol noticed Kyungsoo's body is turning into a dog.

" Its real then. You are my dog. You are my Kyungsoo... "



~


                                                                                                                                                i’ll be okay.. i’ve always been like this.
even the brushing past of your hand makes me happy like this
tears fall again, even at your playfulness
because i have to stay by your side just as your most comfortable friend

-Angela /  Super Junior



A/N2: mehehe wat