Coughing Cuddles

Contagious

 

Kris, of all people was lounging in bed, while all the members sat around him. How the hell was this supposed to help and calm someone who was sick!? Sure, Kris loved all eleven of the members, but it was times like this when he wanted to personally strangle all of them. With maybe some help from Suho who was the only person who could sympathize with his pain. Chanyeol was talking with Baekhyun, who never really understood the concept of shutting up; while D.O and Kai were violently playing videogames right by their side. Tao was at the foot of his bed, whining about how now he couldn’t go shopping for a new bag since “the new season is out gege~”. Kris knew if he had to hear anything else about money, he’d wushu Tao’s . As well, Se Hun and Lu Han were all over each other, which was starting to get really weird. Excluding two, the rest talked while relaxing by his bed. Suho was the first exclusion; he was desperately attempting to get everyone to quiet down. Kris knew it wasn’t going to happen; his boys did care about him deep down.

Lay was really missing though.

Usually Lay was Kris’ biggest helper, but he was missing for once. Where could he be, now when his duizhang needed him? Slowly, the giant closed his eyes in order to attempt sleep… but as soon as his eyes shut a whole new mess started. His eyes snapped open to a frantic, fluffy-haired, furious Lay at the door.

“Yah!” He barked, “Everyone out!” Lay repeated his commands twice, once in Korean, and a second time in Mandarin for the Chinese members.

A soft, yet tired smiling expression pulled at the corners of his lips. Lay was such a good dongsaeng. Lay was the last one left, not that Kris minded, the kid had even made him soup. “Gege, this is because you and ________ went out right? Is she sick too?”

This was a really good question actually. The only reason Kris had gotten sick was because you and him had gone for an impromptu date on an especially rainy night. Kris’ eyes widened as he realized you hadn’t answered yet. Usually you were on the ball when it came to texting, but you still hadn’t replied to his text after three hours. “Could you do me a favour Yixing?” He asked in a bit of a panic, what with you being prone to falling ill, Kris couldn’t help but worry. Before Lay could even get through the middle of his nod, Kris was writing down your address. “Check on ________, she gets sick really easily.”

Lay nodded and stretched out, reading over the address and stuffing the paper in his pocket. “Be back soon.” He mumbled as he went to get his shoes. After hustling a manager into driving, and getting lost trying to find your apartment number, Lay had arrived.

He waited only momentarily after knocking, it was easy to tell you were up thanks to all the noise you made and the sound your feet made as they thumped against the floor. You were running. It was a bit surprising how you reacted, but the biggest surprise was when you opened the door for him. You were pale, with frizzy hair and designer bags under your eyes. Your hair was up, and your bangs were pulled out of your face with a headband. Not to mention you were wearing sweats in front of someone who wasn’t Kris or your family. Yet all you did was smile and croak out a greeting.

“Pack your stuff.” Lay commanded, letting himself in and taking off his shoes. He was on a mission, clearly you weren’t taking good care of yourself, and it was rare that Kris got a break. Besides, he knew if he did something nice for duizhang, Lay would be getting Kris’ next gift. “Since you're both sick, and you’re clearly not being taken care of, you may as well spend this time with duizhang.” He mumbled as he let himself into your room.

Your room was a mess, and by mess, it was a guy’s mess. No floor was seen, tissues were everywhere, and there was some sort of sickly smell. It reminded him of being in a hospital. Your face flushed as you gasped out. “I can pack Lay! Just go… sit in the living room, I’ll be out soon!” You exclaimed, pushing him out of your room. So what if your room was a mess right now, you were sick! But it was definitely embarrassing to show him. Quickly you packed up a bag of your necessities, and three days’ worth of items. You never know how long sicknesses could last, but the longer the better this time.

You quickly rejoined Lay in the living room with your duffle bag hanging from your shoulder, which he swiftly took from you. “You do—“You cut yourself short when you saw his face of discontent. He definitely was planning on spoiling you, you could just feel it. It made you excited to get to the dorms, if this was how the members were going to treat you then you’d want to get sick more often.

The ride back to the dorms was short and quiet, probably because you took a nap and didn’t wake up until you felt uneasily shuffling. When your eyes fluttered open, you were much closer to Lay than you ever expected to be. Really, when your eyes opened your face was relaxing on his shoulder, getting closer to his chest. You jumped only to realize he was carrying you. “Let me down!” You gasped, quickly climbing out of his arms. Albeit a sweet gesture, it was quite embarrassing to have someone besides Kris carry you. “Th-thank you, but I can walk Lay-ssi…”

All he did was smile softly, and you felt a pang of guilt. You didn’t have to react that way, but still you panicked to wake up in the arms of another man being carried. Wouldn’t anyone feel a little panic? Upon entering the dorm, you felt an extra six eyes stare you down. Great, all the members were here; you quickly bowed and said your hellos. Of course, this was followed by you nearly collapsing to your knees due to the violence of the following coughing fit. What a way to make an impression, but clearly it made some sort of impression.

Chanyeol was the first one to stand up and run over to you. “You’re sick too! Go to Kris’ room, and take the other bed!”

“I’ll get you a water!”

“No I will get it!”

You smiled as all the members started to get excited, and you followed Lay when no one was looking to Kris’ room. You smiled and got into his and Chen’s room. Quickly Chen walked in and grabbed you, laying you down in his bed. “Do not get up okay?! Let the members take care of you guys!”

Kris stared incredulously, how the hell were you getting better treatment than him?! “Damn brats.” He muttered as Chen ran out, and looked to your frail figure. “Hey, so you definitely got sick as well, eh?” That little bit of Canadian shining through.

You smiled and turned so that you were facing him. “Yup, but at least we get to spend this time together.” You chirped, followed by coughing, which was followed by a cacophony of feet running around. Soon enough there was Se Hun, Xiumin and Tao holding waters at the door, bickering about who was allowed to give you water. Without really thinking about your actions, you grabbed Se Hun’s; forgetting about how easily his ego swelled. His chest puffed out in pride as you drank.

Kris followed suit, pretending to cough and grabbing Xiumin’s water while glaring at s. Clearly he wasn’t enjoying being the afterthought, or not even thought of. He downed his water so fast that he took Tao’s water as well and drank that.

“Guys, could you please excuse us? I’m really tired and would love to get some rest.” You asked, shooting them a pair of cute puppy eyes that obviously made their hearts flutter since they left instantly. Grinning evilly, you quickly left Chen’s bed and slipped in next to Kris who wrapped his arms around you. “Now this is much better.”

“Well hello there.” He cooed with a soft chuckle, tangling his long legs with your short ones. “You realize you’re stealing my members away from me, right?”

“They’re called s Kris. I will always be in a higher place than you because of them.” You mumbled as you rested your head on his chest. “Why don’t you just sit back, relax and enjoy being pampered now that I’m here.”

“I’m glad you’re here…” He admitted honestly.

“We don’t spend enough time together.” You mused as you s your arms around him and yawned. “I hope this sickness lasts for a while.” You smiled as you felt his lips press against the top of your head. As much as you would have liked to stay up and talk, you could feel yourself falling asleep. Not that he was that far behind you since his eyes were already closed. So you took the opportunity to catch a couple of z’s before someone found you in his bed.