Chapter I - "X"

X: The Story

 

*WARNING: May be disturbing to some. Some cuss words and violence.*

 

Chapter I 

X

 

Drip. Drip. Drip.

 

“Hello? Who's there?” her voice trembled as fear ran through her veins.

 

Foot steps were shuffling around with bangs of cupboards slamming shut. A low grunt came from a feet away. She could not see anything as her eyes were blinded with cloth. She felt the rope tied tightly around her wrists and ankles. There was a burning sensation on her ankles and wrists as well, caused by the friction of the rope. She struggled a little, only giving up as the pain became severe.

 

The girl prayed in her head. “Please God, have mercy. I beg of you.” A tear streamed down her cheek.

 

From a feet away, she could hear the sound of metal being sharpened along with running water from a faucet. The foot steps came closer to her, feeling the presence of heat beside her. She felt something cold rub against her body. It was also something sharp, as she felt it cut her a little.

 

She screamed and struggled, feeling liquid run down her arm. “Please please please please,” she begged. Streams of endless tears began to reside on her cheeks.

 

The stranger laughed. “Don't be be scared,” he whispered.

 

“I am. Just please don't kill me,” she pleaded.

 

“Why shouldn't I?” he put their gloved hands on her shoulder.

 

She was hesitant. “B-because...I want to live.”

 

“Why do you think you should live, huh? Out of the billions of people who live on this planet, why should you be the one who gets to live?” the stranger became a little irritated.

 

She didn't answer.

 

“Huh? Because you can leech off your daddy's and mommy's money? What will you become? Nothing, because you live off of their paycheck each day. You don't go to school, or have a job. At your age, you should. You're just a ing spoiled brat. You know that?” A hand reached out to her neck and pressed against .

 

“No no no,” she screamed. She began to cough and choke. “Please! I love my mother and father.”

 

This stranger just scoffed. “You do? I don't believe it. You always talk about them then go back home to take their credit cards. You're a worthless piece of garbage, you don't need to live. You gave me no legitimate reason to live.”

 

He grabbed a bundle of hair on the back of her head and began to pull. The girl screamed in pain.

 

“Stop please!” she cried out. She felt her body hit the cold ground, feeling it slide beneath her. She kicked with her two legs and rocked her body to struggle out of the stranger's grasp.

 

The stranger dragged her up against the floor by just her hair, then opened a door that led to the basement. He then lifted up her body and threw her down the stairs. She rolled down, her head knocking up against one of the steps. And while she rolled down the stairs, yo could hear the cracking of her bones. As soon as she hit the floor, she lost consciousness. Blood streamed from her head and mouth and several bones were dislocated.

 

He walked down the steps slowly, then crouched down beside her limp body. The stranger took the cloth off her eyes and smirked. He picked her body up and placed it on a cold table. Gazing at her, he began to take out the knife and sliced her limbs one by one.

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

 

Slamming the alarm that read 7:00 AM, Bang Yong Guk slid out of bed and rubbed his eyes. 'Back to work today' he thought to himself. He opened his curtains and stretched a bit, feeling a little sore from doing an extreme work out from the night before.

 

He checked his phone for any messages, but there were none. Then Yong Guk decided to get into the shower and get ready for work.

 

“Just a coffee with two espresso shots,” Yong Guk told the lady behind the counter at the cafe. While he waited, he opened up the Seoul Times newspaper. No crimes, just North Korean threatening to nuke South Korea again. He sighed.

 

“One coffee with two shots of espresso!” the lady called out. He thanked her and resumed walking to work.

 

The coffee was pure black, but that's how Yong Guk liked it in the morning. The police station was right next to his office, greeting the officers working as he walked by.

 

It was a cold day, so he hurriedly went inside his office building. “Good Morning, Yong Guk-ssi,” the front desk lady, Park Yeon Soo. She was rather an older, plumper lady with short permed hair. She always had a smile on her face.

 

“Good morning,” he greeted her.

 

“You have a meeting with your team today, don't forget,” she reminded Yong Guk.

 

“Oh, is that so? Okay, thank you.” They both exchanged bows and he took the elevator up to the third floor. He leaned up against the wall in the elevator and begin to chug down his coffee. As soon as the elevator opened, he was greeted by one of his team members.

 

“Good morning, sir.” The man bowed in a 90 degree angled. Yong Guk just nodded and proceeded to his office. He received many greetings as he walked past his team members. He just bowed his head in return with a small smile.

 

 

Yong Guk opened the curtains in his office and while he took off his jacket and placed it on the hook, he his computer. He sat down in his office chair and began clicking through his emails to see if there was any missions from his director, Kim Joon. There was nothing but emails from his colleagues.

 

There was a knock at the door. “Come in,” Yong Guk responded.

 

In came his secretary, Lee Yejin, with a stack of yellow envelopes. “Good morning Yong Guk-ssi,” she smiled brightly. Yong Guk had a little crush on her. Not only was she cute, but she was also from the United States. “Here is your mail for today. Also, your meeting starts in 5 minutes.”

 

“Ah,” he stood up. “Thank you Yejin.” He could feel his face heat up as she beamed at him. She bowed and left the room. Yong Guk blew out some air before plopping down in his seat. Although they worked together, he felt really shy around her. He just shook his head and began looking through the tons of paper work brought to him.

 

Bang Yong Guk was the head chief of his department. Him and his team worked in part of branch of the police department. His Director, Kim Joon, runs all departments but Yong Guk was mainly in charge of the detective work, which included investigating the crime scene and the affiliation with reporting their evidence to the FBI. He was the essential role of bringing down all the criminals in South Korea.

 

“Hm, the director transferred a new member onto my team?” Yong Guk said to himself. He looked through this man's resume. His name read Kim Himchan and he was 22 years old. Yong Guk just scoffed. He was only a little older than this Himchan person.

 

Yong Guk headed into the conference room.

 

“Okay team,” one of the co-workers said. Yong Guk leaned back in his chair, chewing at the at the end of his pen. “Today we have a new member! Please welcome Kim Himchan!”

 

Everyone clapped, excluding Yong Guk, as Himchan stood up from his chair. He was a tall lanky guy with black hair. He was rather good looking with a slim face. “Hello everyone. I'm Kim Himchan. I am really happy to be here, so please take care of me.” He bowed and everyone continued clapping.

 

“Okay, now that we got that out of the way,” Yong Guk interrupted. Himchan averted his attention to his chief. “Are there any reports of activities happening around Seoul?”

 

One man raised his hands. “There is a drug ring going around. Apparently gangs are hiring young high school boys to be the middle man during their drug exports.” He passed pieces of papers around. It shows pictures of two high school delinquents.

 

“And what gangs are these two high school boys associated with?” Yong Guk asked.

 

“Looks like the Matoki gang,” Himchan responded.

 

Yong Guk raised an eyebrow up. “How do you know?” he asked, leaning forward in his seat.

 

Himchan seemed hesitant, gulping down his saliva. “W-well. They're known to wear those facial masks, that's what they clearly have on. If they're associated with any gangs, it has to be them.”

 

“Hm,” Yong Guk said, sitting back in his chair. He looked away from Himchan and onto the paper. Zelo and JongUp were their names and both attended Hanlim High School. “Hoon, gather up information about this gang,” Yong Guk flashed a look at Himchan, “and report back what you find. Especially the location.”

 

“Yes sir,” Hoon responded.

 

“Anything else?” Yong Guk asked, twirling the pen with his fingers.

 

Himchan raised his hands. Yong Guk raised his eyebrows again. “Um, even though I am new to the team, I have reports of a kid named Yoo Youngjae. He tried to kill his parents three months ago, but there have been a murder that have been reported three months ago as well, and they think that he has connections to the murders. The director wants us to investigate these murders.”

 

“How old is this kids? What are the evidence?” Yong Guk asked.

 

“Well he is only 19 years old, so he can now be properly charged with attempted murder. His parents refuse to tell the location of which hospital he is staying at,” Himchan replied. “And there has been a couple of times where he skipped out on school and his parents didn't know where he went. Since he was underage, we couldn't charge him. They declared him insane.”

 

“I see, but that doesn't prove much. We'll still investigate it, but it's not our top priority,” Yong Guk said. He got up from his seat. “Meeting is over, but I want Jae to look more into this Youngjae kid.”

 

Himchan furrowed his eyebrows. “But I am the one who reported this, shouldn't I be the one who gets to investigate?”

 

Yong Guk scoffed. “So you think rookies get to do the big boy jobs? When you work on my turf, you have to work your way up to get respect. I give it to those who know how to do the job, rookie.” He walked out of the room. “Meeting is over.”

 

Himchan stood there flabbergasted. Even if he was a rookie in this department, he had personally worked with the director and the police station. Yejin came over and patted him on the back.

 

“Don't worry, inside that tough exterior is a good man. Just do as he says, he knows what he is doing, and he is good at it. You'll get to the top soon too,” she beamed at him.

 

Himchan smiled in return. “Thank you, Yejin.”

 

Bang Yong Guk went through tons of paper work and mail. Distraught, he looked out the window. It was a rainy day in Seoul, as well as busy. People scattering about on the busy streets. Sometimes he wish he could leave the city life, but he loved his job too much. He had to keep it for a reason, mainly as a promise.

 

“Time to get back to work,” he grumbled and scooted his chair back to his desk. He threw most of the mail in the garbage, but he stumbled upon a strange looking envelope. The writing was sloppy, and the envelope was tattered.

 

Bang Yong Guk tore it up to reveal a blood stain letter. He threw it on his desk and closed his eyes. “Oh god,” he said. The letter read:

 

Greetings Yong Guk-ssi,

 

I write you this letter because I want to play a fun little game with you and your whole team. I think it will be exciting and adventurous, no? Oh, right, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is X. I'm a killer. I've killed 2 people so far, but I am going to kill more. It's a rush when they scream, it gives me pleasure when they're scared. It's not ual at all, in fact, it's more exciting, like when you go sky diving or when you ride a roller coaster. The adrenaline takes over and you just want to do it some more. It's almost an addiction.

 

Now back to the game. It'll be like battle ship, I'll make the first move, but you have to try to destroy me first before I destroy you. I'll give you some hints, but you have to try to figure them out. Want to know where I hid the body? EM21521121215проспект.

 

Let the games begin now. :)

 

-X

 

P.S Catch me if you can.

 

Yong Guk punched numbers quickly on his cellphone.“Yes, Director. I think I may have something you want to look at it...

 

 

 

 

comment and share? 

-Mangooey