Diary

Summer and Fall

 

#1

Hey Diary,

For 21 years, I've been living in this world

and it's funny to say that this will be my first time

to write in a diary. I am Jung Eunji, a 

university student, majoring in music,

trying to seek the truth about my real identity.

For the past few years of my life,

it has been a lie, a really big lie. 

xoxo,

Eunji

Sunday morning, a ray of sunshine commensurate the light throughout my room. As I woke up, I ostracized the things needed for today's trip

*beep beep beep*

I checked on my phone to see who's calling. It was Lee Sungyeol, my bestfriend, my confidante. 

"Good morning mashimaro!!! Time to fix yourself, we can't be late for our train ride to Busan you know" Said it in a high pitch 

You can really see how excited he was for the trip, we've been stressed the past semester so he wants to take a real break this summer, while there's me....trying to have an equanimity of thoughts of what I am going to discover about myself there. Sungyeol has this proclivity to call me "mashimaro" a fictional rabbit character, I must admit, I hate it. But it's the only endearment that I can hear from someone who I know cares about me. 

"Fine, choding. Let's meet up at the train station by 7AM" 

"Ok, I'm hanging up. See you in a bit" Sungyeol hung the phone then I continued to fix my things. 

As I walked downtown, memories haunted me. A plethora of thoughts run through my head, thinking why did my parents abandoned me. 

Why did they left me?

Why did they made it so tenable for me to think they're dead?

Why did my foster parents adopted me in the first place when they didn't even showed me affection?

Why? Why?

Walking faster than usual, I found myself standing in the facade of the train station. Incessant thoughts ran through my head and there, broke down like a little girl whose toy was stolen. But for me, what really was stolen was the life I should really have. Tears flowed and realized that it has been a paradigm in my life that I'm always torn into pieces. Suddenly, a young man approached me....

"Here's a handkerchief, I may not know your story, but this is the least possible way I can help" 

It had been a moment or two when I grasped things off, he simply gave me a smile and started to walk away. 

"Thank you....uhm WAIT!!! I SAID WAIT!" I was late....late to thank him for his handkerchief. I wasn't even able to get a look on his face, or even appreciate the kindness he has shown. With his offering, I wiped away my tears as soon as I saw Sungyeol running towards me.

"I'm so sorry for being late, Eunji!" he exclaimed, bowing down around 3 to 5 times

He saw me hide the handkerchief in my back as I try to hide the situation I'm into.

"Did you cry? W-wait, what are you holding?"

"No....nothing" I murmured, while I cover my face as I forgot that I was holding something that the young man from before gave me.

"What is this?" Sungyeol grabbed the handkerchief. Trying to get the handkerchief from him was really a struggle, he was so tall, that I gave up. 

"LEE. HO. WON" He syllabicated the name perfectly sewed on the thin piece of clothing.

이호원.... "Ohhhh that is his name....I see" 

 

 

"Eunji hurry up! The train will replete so we better go in now." Sungyeol  expressed in a panic way as he signaled his hands to enter the train. 

"Okay, okay " As we found seats, I carefully scanned my bag to look for my diary. Carefully, turned the pages as I found the blank second page who seems to scream write it up.

"What are you doing...?" Sungyeol questioned with his eyebrows raising up.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm going to write. Mind your own business, Yeol"

He didn't bothered me and started to sleep since the ride from Seoul to Busan is approximately 3 hours. Immediately, the scenario from a while ago played in my head. 

"Here's a handkerchief, I may not know your story, but this is the least possible way I can help" 

#2

Dear Diary,

I felt devasted on my way to the train station to

meet Sungyeol but the memories of the past

castigated my mind. A young lad, offered me his

handkerchief today. I may not know who this guy

is, I barely saw his face....and I don't know if I can

see him again one day. But I can feel the warmth in

him. The warmth, I've never experienced from the 

people I expected to. I was supposed to thank him

but he walked away. His name, as embroidered in his

hankerchief is Lee Howon.

xoxo,

Eunji

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A very, very short first chapter. I'll try to make it longer next time! I can't promise to update from time to time

I'm a college student, trying to survive this pressure cooker.