Chapter 10 | Give Me A Sign

[ON-HIATUS] The Ballad of Mona Lisa

 

Ryeowook stared blankly across his room, with his youngest brother placing a hand on his right hand. His eyes are red and puffy from all that crying even after their beloved butler, Shindong, was buried. Even though he is not a part of family, he was still one.
 
Their father paced back and forth, holding the remaining four top secret files. The two watched him with complete nervousness since whatever thei father say is completely important, while the second Park watched him with evil intentions.
 
"I don't understand, what does the killer want?" Donghae asked as he continued soothing his eldest brother's hand to make him calm.
 
"Whatever they want, they should give it immediately," their father, Kangin, answered immediately as he placed the three files on the wooden table, scanning the first file.
 
"Zhou Mi. Age, 19. Occupation, servant and part-time student," he scanned and he looked at Kyuhyun. "Zhou Mi is a student?"
 
Kyuhyun looked at him, completely snapped out of his staring fantasy, "Before. He stopped studying just to take care of me."
 
"Why wasn't Umma or Ryeowook informed by that?" Donghae butted him, with their eldest brother still completely blank.
 
Kyuhyun shot a glare at him, "He didn't want to cause more trouble. He filed his leave of absence in school when he was 15, and immediately entered in the Manor."
 
"Leave of absence? That's temporary, right?" Kangin rebutted again, now paying attention to his second child.
 
The second Park just rolled his eyes and paid no attention anymore to the two, looking away from the two. Donghae just watched him carefully, now studying his every move.
 
The father just sighed, fixing his collar and placed the Chinese's file down. He sat down on his eldest brother's bed, and quickly picked up a second file.
 
"Choi Siwon. Age, 20. Occupation, servant. Was he a teacher before?" he asked as he looked up.
 
"Siwon was not a teacher before. I think he was some kind of caretaker in an ancestral house back then," Donghae answered. He fixed his shirt, still not letting go of his eldest brother's hand.
 
Kangin just nodded and looked at Siwon's files. "Oh crap, is he serious?" he exclaimed, making Kyuhyun and Donghae perk up.
 
The both of them rushed to their father. "What's wrong?" Donghae asked as he sat down beside him.
 
"He was a criminal before?" Kangin asked, eyes twitching. Kyuhyun snatched the file from his father's hands and immediately scanned the files, "He snatched 15 grams of gold?"
 
Donghae turned pale, surprised with what he heard from his older brother. He sank back, trying to absorb what's happening, since he has been trying to run away from the tragic situations.
 
--
 
"Good morning!" Hankyung beamed as he entered the office. "Morning hyung," the chief inspector greeted as he placed his long legs on his wooden desk, his back bending his chair.
 
"I see we don't have any problem," the chief policeman said as he sat down on his usual desk. The chief inspector nodded and placed his Fedora hat on his face.
 
"If you need me, I'll be sleeping," Yesung said as he closed his eyes and drifted off to dream world.
 
Hankyung snorted and started to do his duty. He his personal computer and the printer. He removed his policeman cap on his head, brushing his hair neatly with his hand.
 
Just then, Kibum and Eunhyuk bursts  the door open. "Yah! Another problem with the Parks!" the detective exclaimed as he sat down on his desk beside the sleeping inspector.
 
Hankyung looked at Kibum, "Eh? How so? I thought they'll handle it now?"
 
"No Sir Han," he started off sarcastically, "because someone added a wrong information into one of the files."
 
"Yah! I did not change the file!" the intern protested, punching the metal cabinet in frustration.
 
"Oh sure, Hyukjae. You didn't change the goddamn file. But who?! It's impossible for Henry, he's always outside of the office!" Kibum defended as he stood up, slapping his hand on the glass of his wooden desk.
 
"It's not my fault!" Eunhyuk answered back as he charged the detective.
 
Hankyung immediately ran to their place and broke them apart, "Yah! If you won't stop fighting over that ing file, I will immediately remove you from your places! Understood?"
 
Kibum huffed and pushed the intern away from his path, slamming the door behind him. The older rubbed his temple in stress, "Hyukjae, what did you do now?"
 
Eunhyuk shot Hankyung a glare, "It's not my fault! Why do you guys keep on pressing that it's my fault? Because I'm an intern?!" He pushed the older away and trudged away, slamming the door shut in the same manner like Kibum did.
 
"Aish! What the is happening with this kids?!" he mumbled under his breath and went back to his place. As he sat back down, an email was suddenly sent to him.
 
Not thinking twice, he clicked the smail envelope. He seemed interested with the title as he flashed the monitor immediately:
Top secret -- For your eyes only.
 
Hankyung scrolled down, and saw that the email was an anonymous sender. He doesn't know who he or she is, but it seems urgent.
 
Mr. Han Geng
ChiefPoliceman, Seoul Police Department
 
 
I'm writing this to you just to let you know that I know who killed the Parks' butler, Shin Donghee and Sir Park Jung-soo. I will keep my identity a secret until I am ready to uncover myself.
 
I will not tell you any of my background, and I want you to find it out by yourselves.
 
I shall give you clues about the murderer, and the past situations of the Parks. Here are the first clues:
1. The murderer is inside the family.
2. Two of the Parks' household knows who he is.
 
I shall send another email if I have time.
 
Until I send another.
 
Hankyung shivered as he read the letter throughly. The surfacing unidentified witness sent his first email, and this might help them in answering the Parks' unsolved mysteries inside the Manor.
 
He turned around and immediately grasped for his phone, searching through the list of contacts. He immediately typed in the message, and sent it without further rereading it.
 
--
 
Donghae sat up straight from his eldest brother's bed. He rubbed his eyes and looked around, finding that his brother is still staring across the room.
 
"Hyung? You all right?" he asked as he sat up at the edge of his bed. Ryeowook turned to him and nodded, "The policeman is looking for us."
 
The youngest Park tilted his head, amazed that his eldest brother is already talking after a few weeks. He walked towards his brother's place and sat down beside him, "Feeling any better, hyung?"
 
Ryeowook nodded and smiled, "I think I can handle this situation now."
 
Donghae smiled and hugged his brother tight, glad that's already speaking and is okay after how many weeks of being temporarily deaf and mute.

OTL Sorry for a VERY late update. Busy doing oneshots plus school is coming up. :((

- Jeanne ♥ [130517]