One in a million

One in a Million Roses

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
Jonghyun had been working on some modeling for a Japanese company and the flight he had wanted to take was canceled due to thunderstorms. It was a rough day for Jonghun and the rain seemed to make him even sleepier. 
 
 "YAH! Where are you?!" shouted Key, "We have the show tonight and we have practice now!" Onew and Tamein laughed hysterically in the background listening to Keys nagging as they shut up due to a hard glare from Key. 
 
 "I'm in the car. I'm not going to make practice" said Said Jonghyun blandly, as if oblivious to Keys nagging.
"Well the rest of SHINee is waiting for you ! So hurry back!" his manager nagged as he hung up. "Great. I already get this from key I don't need the manager now." Jonghyun sighed puffing his cheeks out and ruffling his hair. He hated today. Today was the day he let his love go sixteen years ago.
 
He looked out his window and watched a lake with ducks in a pond go by, the sun burning it's colors across the light waters.  He also noticed a couple sitting together under a tree smiling and laughing. He longed for a relationship like that but he just hasn't found a relationship that would last and definitely not one Key would approve of. He put his elbow on the window and leaned his head against it. "Maybe I'm not ready for one yet." he said quietly. 
 
He didn't like to think about this stuff too much because it bummed him out and it took him to places he didn't want to face yet. He didn't want to think of her smiling face. He couldn't bring himself too. He missed her so much it hurt. It seemed like he put his dreams and happiness into the though of her. False love? He wasn't sure. He just had to hold onto into her. He squeezed his eyes shut not letting the tear fall out. It had been so long ago but he replayed the first time she met her and other memories he had with her, in his head so many times, he remembered it like it was yesterday. Silently cried to himself as the car rolled along the road, they still had an eight hour drive to the area where they were performing.
 
You wake up with a smile on your face and up stretch your arms above your head as the soft sunlight sneaks its way past the blinds into your room. Yawning, you throw the covers off yourself and step into the bathroom laughing at your hair, sticking up in every direction. You brush your teeth and flash a smile at the mirror ans walk into our room to change. Out the door you pause to admire the SHINee tickets you received for your birthday. You grab another set of blue tickets you had on your night stand and check your phone.
 
You have one text from your mom 'Sorry you cant come to the pancake breakfast today! You are taking care of your brother today! But you can have your friends over!' you sigh as ihead back up to my room "I have no friends." You mutter and set down the pancake admission tickets over the SHINee ones. 
 
Hopping down the stairs you spy your six year old brother Kai splashing the milk around his cereal bowl. You sigh as you puff out your cheeks at the sight. "Umma just left and she said you would take me to the ice cream store!!" said Kai happily making airplane noises as another round of milk and cereal splashed to the floor. "Haha just as long as you clean up your mess silly." you tell Kai as you ruffle his hair, amused.
 
After you both clean up your milk and cereal covered table you leave to walk to the ice cream store, which was just two blocks away. "Hey!" you yell as you spot your friend,Nara who was going to the concert with you."Hey! My mom dropped me off and said i would go with you to the concert" she smiled as she hugged you. "This must be Kai!" she smiled squatting down to Kai's level "Hello Kai!" she smiled doing aegyo for him. Kai just looked at her unamused and smacked her right in the face. 
 
She fell over on her as Kai laughed like an idiot. You would  praise him for that later but now you were furious. "Kai!" you yelled "We don't smack people or hit the at all, and especially not in the face!" you shout, slightly amused but you didn't let you face show it. 
 
He looked unfazed by your stern warning because he laughed even harder.You grabbed him and pulled him to the side "Kai," you begged "Please don't hit my friends." you say holding his face. "Why did you do that anyway?" you asked him staring into his eyes that shined with amusement "Because... I don't like her ." he said using his aegyo and running inside the store. "Kai!" you yell. ' ill meet him in there' you mumble as you turn to you friend who was getting up dusting off her designer shirt. "Are you OK?" you ask her concerned. "Brat" she says quietly."What?" you ask not hearing her. "Oh nothing," she smiled reassuringly "I just said silly...  You know little children" she said smiling and then rolling her eyes when you weren't looking."Haha yea" you say walking into the ice cream shop.
 
Jonghyun woke up and it was dark he sighed,with tears still staining his cheek as he finally let himself think about the past.
 
He was five and had moved there for only in one week, because of is dads job, but it was enough time to fall in love with her. He was new to the neighbor hood, when one day he had decided to play in the front yard despite the warning of thunderstorms. He walked out to the sidewalk lined with snowy white picket fences, in front of his house, as the trees on the green perfectly kept lawn swayed in the breeze. That was his favorite thing about the house the white fences and the emerald green and lime-yellow grass it was perfect just like the girl. He looked to the right but there was nothing interesting there. He looked to the left as he noticed a little girl his age sitting in the front porch steps singing her heart out to the radio next to her. She had a cute voice, that wasn't very good but with some practice would become beautiful. The sun overhead casting a glow on her that made her look like an angel.
 
He walked over to her and stopped in front of her as she stopped singing and looked up at him, her skin glowing in the golden rays and her eyes. "You're a good singer," Jonghyun started, captured by her beauty " Can I sing with you?" he asked shyly. "Sure" said the girl giving Jonghuyn a bright smile as the next song started they both started. As the beginning of the song came up Jonghyun couldn't find his voice and their voices didn't go together, the girl watching Jonghyun struggle but letting him find his voice not minding that it didn't sound good. She was just happy she finally found someone to sing with. As the chorus came up Jonghun found the perfect octave and belted out a high note, their voices blending in harmony. After the last note of the song the girl smiled "what your name?" she asked in a cute high pitched that sounded flawless."Jonghyun" he said smiling.
 
Jonghyun coming back to reality cursing himself. He never asked her name. That was the biggest mistake of my life said Jonghyun,clutching his hair and letting out more tears.
 
You arrive back at your house with Kai and your friend right after the sun set."Were home umma!" you shout. "Hello!" Yelled your mom form the living room. Your kick you shoes off as Kai runs into the living room yelling what you guys did at the ice cream store and on the walk back.You smile as you think about where you were going tonight."Lets go to my room to get ready for the concert." you say to your friend as you trot up the stairs and she follows.
 
For the next hour you and your friend do each others nails. Nara went for a multiple colored rainbow and you decided on a clear coat. "Kai and I are going to drop some paperwork at your fathers work! Were taking the car and wont be back for about two hours so have fun at the concert and be safe!" said your mom as you hear the door slam. "It smells gross in here," sneers Nara "lets open a window quickly she said."Uhh OK." you say at her sudden rudeness in her tone. You go to your window and release he lock with a pop and go sit back down. As Nara receives a text from text from the girl who was going to pick you up, Ara she was Nara friend. You didn't know her all that well but she seemed nice. "Shoot!" yelled Nara as the whole bottle of blue nail polished spilled out onto the floor spreading and drying quickly.
 
'Its OK!" you say as you rush over to Nara grabbing a towel as you try to clean the mess. " I'll be right back" said Nara disappearing out your door. after three minutes straight of cleaning it was finality all gone. Suddenly you hear a car honk from the drive way. You get up and go to your window, only darkness spreading in the sky. You look down at the car and to your dismay you find Nara in the car seat next to Ara waving the SHINee concert tickets in the air, the car pulling out of the drive way. You dash down the stairs in a sate of shock and panic as you burst through the front door running to the car.
 
 
"Where are you going?!!" you shout at Nara. "To the concert duh stupid!" she cackled with Ara as the car reached the street and turned around. "Bu.. but.. i thought we were friends! you shouted. "Haha us friends with a loser like you? Please give me a break! Oh whats this?' she asked waving the tickets in front of her face " VIP tickets to the SHINee concert!" she shouts " I guess I'm a VIP and YOU'RE not!!!" she laughed wildly as the car window rolled up and it gained speed leaving you with tears in your eyes on the dark street.
 
 
 
 
 
The next couple of days were some of the fondest memories Jonghyun had. After they shared lunch, the next day they went to the park right across the street where Jonghyun offered to push her on the swing and blushing, she accepted. The next couple of days went by so fast he did'nt even remember what they did, he only remembered how when she smiled he did also and when she laughed he did too. He only remembers her face and how the sunlight always would catch her her in a perfect moment and illuminate her smiling figure, showing all of her bright features.  
 
'This is the neighbor hood..' thought Jonghyun sulking and slouching in his seat as the car few past the snowy white fences and emerald and lime-yellow grass that hasn't moved since that day. 
 
As sun glowed over her the little girl opened her front door as she stared at five year old Jonghyun his parents waiting for him in their car. "Hi."the little girl said with a bright smile, thunderstorms rumbling a couple miles away but rolling in fast. "Were moving.."mumbled Jonghyun shuffling his little boy feet. Then suddenly a the clouds covered the sun as a loud crack of lightning illuminated the sky. The girl jumped ad ran into Jonghyuns arms burying her head in his chest. " I promise I will become a famous singer and come back for you." whispered Jonghyun nuzzling into her hair that smelled like lavender and spring air. The girl loved the sound of his deep but light and airy voice and promised to remember it forever, as she pulled away from the hug watching him turn around and walk past the white picket fences in front of her house what suddenly seemed to be seven shades darker.
 
Then the next thing Jonghyun remembered was walking down the side walk to his car glancing back her as she slowly closed the door with tears in her eyes, as rain started to fall forcing him to rush into the car. He wiped the tears off his face with the back of his hand as his mom comforted him with a small closed smile as she patted his small leg, as the car drove to the end of the road and turning as the rain hit the roof top of his car with a constant tap tap tap, Jonhgyun  letting him self look back once as he turned the street corner.
 
The little girl, with her shoes now. on burst out the front door as she ran into the rain the chilly water immediately soaking to he skin. As she ran as hard as she could into the street that was filled with rain. She could see the two red lights at the end of the street, She could just make out Jonghyuns face turning back to her as the car turned the street and was gone forever.
 
You tapped you head with you fist as you thought ' Gosh I'm so stupid!! That's why every one suddenly wanted to know me! "ARGGG!" you yelled at no one as tears streamed down your face, as you passed the white picket fences that lined your house and the whole neighborhoods'. You told yourself you should have known this was going to happen, you had only known Nara and Ara for five days.You lived 30 min away from the arena and you had been running in hopes of making it there to maybe sit outside and listen from there and then beating up Nara after the concert was over. But the problem was you had been running furiously for three and your stomach hurt excruciatingly bad and you hadn't run that hard since that day in the rain. 
 
Your pace slowed down as your heart rate sped up a lot faster than it should. Your breathing was heavy and your throat burned as sweat started to spread across your forehead. Suddenly you stop as nauseated wave swept over you.As each foot step became increasingly heavy and little black and white dots appeared in your vision. You clutched your head as you crumpled to the ground hitting your head as the black dots expanded and wave of blackness fell over you.
 
Jonghyun stared blankly out the window as he spied a black figure running, the same direction the car was going, on the sidewalk ahead of them approaching them rapidly."Wait!!" yelled Jonghyun through the car privacy windows separating him and the driver. The driver slammed on the brakes. As suddenly the person on the sidewalk crumples to the ground.
 
Jonghyun opened the door and sprinted to the person in the ground. As he got closer he noticed the persons beautiful features lit up by the bright full moon, it almost looked like the sun. He thought she looked so familiar and beautiful but he willed himself not to think it was her. Because he told himself " I can't handle it when I found out its not her. I don't want to get my hopes up ever again..." he smiled sadly 
 
Some one put their hand on your face, brushing your lose strands of hair away, jolting you awake. You shoot up and try to stand as the world spins and you fall again. But this time someone catches you. "Are you OK?" a voice asks sounding strangely familiar. "I have to get to the SHINee concert" mumbled trying to leave. 
 
"Wait do I know you? And come with me" the voice said pulling you to the car "That's where I'm going too." said the person there voice too low to be a woman's, so you assumed it was a man but his voice was soft and airy. 
 
You were still out of it and would have never agreed to get in a strangers car but you were tired and you probably hit your head a little too hard on the ground.Plus you desperately needed to get to the concert,so you except the strangers offer and climb in his car.
 
As the doors shut and the car starts up again you hear "If you want to lay down you can." said the man offering you their shoulder, your world still spinning and sounding even more familiar. Your head hurt a lot so you accepted again, surprising  the man as you put your head in his lap instead but he only chuckled and watched the beautiful girl on his lap sleep for the rest of the ride.
 
When the car is 5 min away from the arena you wake up. Most people would have jumped at the fact that they were staring into thew eyes of the kpop idol Jonghyun of SHINee. But you knew him from some where else. 
 
"JONGHYUN?!!?" you say your eyes widening in disbelief."Haha that's me Kim Jonghun of SHINee," he smiled looking cheeky "You passed out on the street and you said you needed a ride to the SHINee concert so here we are." smiled jonghyun his eyes twinkling in amusement. 
 
"No...no.... My best friend Jonghyun who lived next to me for a week, the best singer i have ever met.... my first love....." you say your tone softening on the last part. You would have been wildly amazed you were in the car with kpop idol Jonghyun but at that moment all you wanted was your best fried Jonghyun. "Wait. your best friend was named Jonghyun? And he lived next to you for a week?!" he said frantically. "Uhh yea.." you say shocked an idol would put so much interest in such a small thing."I lived in a neighborhood with whit fences and I lived next to a girl who looked like you when I was five!" 
 
"Whats you name?" stared Jonghyun in shock, showing no sign of emotion. "______" you say looking at his face. " That's beautiful, I finally know." he grinned starting to tear up. "Are you OK?Why are you crying? " you ask him trying to look into his eyes. He stares at you for a second and says "I told you I would always come back for you." He smiled grabbing you as he tightly embraces you. And when the thought finally registers in your brain, you hug him back just as hard, letting tears streaking down you face. 
 
He suddenly lets go of you and looks you in the eyes and leans forward planting his forehead to yours.  
 
You reach up and touch his face brushing off the tears and smiling as he leans in, his soft breath brushing the top of your lip as you shut your eyes and he leans in and softly presses his lips against yours, creating a spark that would last forever. Then you put your hand to his head and grasp his dark brown hair that shifted in the dim light revealing multiple colors of dark brown. As your lips moved in harmony you stop and smile making Jonghyun smile and break away smiling brightly at you. Leaving your lips warm with the scent of Jonghyun.   
 
"Where we're you all this time?" you asked Jonghyun admiring his features . He looked you said mentally making sure not embarrass yourself. He was fit. Or more so than the last time you saw him but he was five 'So I guess that doesn't count..' you think pursing you lips. He also dyed his hair a soft brown chocolaty color, like a puppy. Over all he looked like a very attractive young man, you smiled at the thought.
 
Jonghyun watching out the whole time smiled with you. "After we moved I went to where my parents live now. Bit after that I went to SM academy and started to train." said Jonghyun warming for your reaction. "oh.." you said hoping he would say something more about you. "But I missed you like crazy," he said not looking at any certain place, smiling "I have tried to look for you every day since, but I almost gave up. I never dreamed of letting you go but I thought maybe you wouldn't want me and forgot about me...." the edges of his moth pulling up only slightly. 
 
"Well," you started " I want you to know I never stopped missing you, I just didn't know you were famous already! I always noticed SHINee Jonghyun...not my love. But now I do." you smiled as he took you're hand as you started to laugh. "What? Is it me?" questioned Jonghyun tilting his head to the side giving the appearance of a puppy.
 
"That's why he sounded so familiar!" You said laughing and scolding yourself for not noticing earlier as Jonghyun laughed with you. Because you couldn't get into the concert you explained what happened with your friend . "So you don't have a ticket?" asked Jonghyun questioningly. "no.." you sighed mentally cursing your "friend". Jonghyun was about to say something but suddenly the car stopped and you had to get out. 
Only to find a wildly amusing scene in front of you.
 
You two "friends" we're outside he arena being questioned by guards."what do you mean these tickets aren't real?!" screamed Nara  friend the guard.
 
"Mam," said the guard calmly "These are for admission to a pancake breakfast." You laughed as you remembered you put those tickets on the top of the SHINee ones. She must have grabbed the wrong tickets. But that still means you had no tickets either. You and Jonghyun chuckle at your friend."So this must be your friend." said Jonghyun laughing as your ex-friend stared at you with her moth open as she spied you talking to Jonghyun a couple of feet away. 'Kai has good judgment' you tell yourself remembering him smacking her, being wildly amused you smile.
 
 
"Here," said jonghyun interrupting your thought, handing you VIP tickets for the front row "I have to go but after the show, show this to the guards and come to my dressing room so we can talk more OK?" he said turning around to leave. "Jonghyun!" you yell as you dart over to him grabbing his arm. "This time its my turn. I promise I will always come back for you because you are my one." you smiled as he kissed your cheek smiling, the kiss still tingling, as the warmth Jonhgyun exploding on your cheek spreading to the rest of your body.Then he was gone. But this this time not forever. 
 
"hey! ______," shouted you friend waving frantically,  "can we go with you?!" you turned to her smiling. "well let me think about it...." you say pausing over dramatically  "no" you say simply, walking over to the doors into the arena. "I thought we were friends!" said Nara angry. 
 
"That was before you ran off with my tickets," you explain "and I guess I'm a VIP now and your not." you say smiling opening the doors to the arena leaving you friend open mouthed with the guard. 
 
The show was supposed to start off with Wowowow but a sudden change in play list came up and they started with one. A huge grin spread across your face as you realize why. Jonghyun, you smiled. You watch Jonghyun intently in the front row. As he finds you in the crowd as he starts his line. He comes to you and sings with that light airy voice you love so much, " Let's all together one, two, three, let's begin.You are my one, my everything. I really, really, I want to love you like crazy
I can do that now, right?" he sings as he grabs you hand "Can I just call you my one?"  he winks at you, flashing his one in a million smile.