Chapter 1: Unexpected New Comer

Running High

 

“Yah Lee Gwangsoo-ah! What class are you in?”, Ha Donghoon a.k.a HaHa runs to his friend. The tall guy he's running to just grins and sighs. “2-F. As always, we're in the same class,” Gwangsoo replied. “Yeah, with Gary and Jihyo too,” HaHa grins as well. The quartet has always been in the same class since 5th grade, it's as if they're inseperable.

 

“Oh yeah, did you know there's a transfer student in class? They said it's a girl,” HaHa says out of the blue. “So you decided to move on from Byul?” Gwangsoo laughs. “Of course not! Ha Donghoon will never give up to steal Go Eun's heart,” he says valiantly. “I just thought you might be interested,” he continues, smiling mischievously. Gwangsoo snorts, since Kwon Yuri hurt his heart, he told himself not to fall in love again.

 

Gwangsoo decided to skip the second period. He thought it would be some loads of the teacher and class trying to impress the new girl. He goes to the roof, his hideout from all the chaos in the school. Nobody never seems to come here though, well besides him.

 

“Aaah! It's the roof already? Where is this class?” a frustated girl voice comes from the entrance door. What? Somebody finally found out about this place? Gwangsoo gulped in disbelief. Suddenly there's a tap on his back, making him turn back in surprise. “Um... Excuse me, I was looking for my class but I can't seem to find it,” the girl behind him smiles awkwardly. Well that was weird, Gwangsoo thinks. “Sure, what class are you in?” “2-F.” That moment he realized that she is the new transfer student.

 

The two walked silently through the hall that just went empty for the second period. It just started, which means Gwangsoo's attempt to skip it is gone. But being the active guy he is, he can't stand the silence.

 

“So... Welcome to Running High,” he breaks the silence. “I hope you like it here,” he continues. “Thank you,” she smiles to him. Suddenly his heart beats faster. Aish what is this? he thought. “What's your name?” she asks softly. “Eh? Uh, L-Lee Gwangsoo. You?” he stutters. Yah! What the hell is happening? he asks himself. “I'm Kim Sora. Ah, I should have called you oppa shouldn't I?” she says apologetically. “What? Did I look old to you?” he laughs. “I just feel like it,” she giggles. “I'm glad we're in the same class, at least I have someone I knew in class,” she continues. Somehow, she looks familiar... he thought to himself. “Ah, we're here,” Gwangsoo says when they arrived at the front of the class.

 

“Annyeonghasseo,” Sora bows, “sorry I'm late.” Gwangsoo did the same behind her. “Ah, it's okay. It's your first day after all, and I see you met Lee Gwangsoo,” Mr. Cho says looking at both of them. “There's two empty seats behind Ha Donghoon and Song Joongki. Make yourself comfortable,” he points with his chin to the seats he meant.

 

----ooo----

 

“So, Gwangsoo ya... How do you explain yourself huh?” HaHa comes up to him with suspicious look on his face. “Explain what?” he replies plainly. “Yah! Don't pretend like you don't know. You and the new kid, now speak up,” he looks at him grinning sub-consciously. “I just happen to meet her. I don't even knew it was the new kid when I first met her,” Gwangsoo looks at him weirdly. “Do you like her?” HaHa's grin grows wider. Gwangsoo silenced. I think I do.

 

----ooo----

 

The school is over now, but some students still linger around the school. Some is already nowhere to be found. Kim Sora is trying to go home, but a lot of guys come to her trying to engage conversations. She wouldn't mind really, but it's getting late and her family would get worried of course. Especially her brother. He must be waiting for her to take her home now. He would blow all this guys into pieces if he sees all this guys bothering her.

 

“Umm, hey Kim Sora is it? Do you mind if I--” “I'm pretty sure she wouldn't mind, but I MIND.” A loud voice coming from behind the crowd and the guy who is trying to woo Sora. “Ah oppa where have you been,” Sora sighs in relieve. “Move,” the big, bulky guy set the crowds away until it's only him and Sora left. “I'm sorry Sora-ah, I forgot how misbehaved the males are in this school,” the loud, stern voice turned soft and caring as soon as he talks to her. “It's okay Jongkook oppa,” she smiles, “but as a punishment you have to carry me.” Jongkook sighs. “Fine,” he squats and let her ride his back. After all, she means the world to him.