Chapter 1

Lost In Love

 

It was once said that the destruction of a person builds character but Hyun Seung wasn't entirely sure if it was true. Did his destruction build his character or did it subtract from who he originally was? There was always some form of truth behind words said but there was truth in them up to a certain extent. His life was the same as the logistics of Catch 22:

 

For instance:

 

a. In order for him to hate Yong Jun Hyung he had to either be hurt emotionally or lack confidence.

 

b. If he lacked confidence he was bound to be hurt by Jun and it was inevitable.

 

c. A person who lacked confidence would not dare to like a person such as Jun Hyung.

 

d. Since he was either timid or already emotionally hurt Yong Jun Hyung would not be the one to blame.

 

e. Since a person can be hurt by another without necessarily lacking confidence and being hurt emotionally, they are more susceptible to other things and no one is to blame but themselves for their own insecurities.

 

Hyun Seung sighed as he stepped off the bus taking in the all too familiar scenery of his past life. There were the same roads filled with cars, kids running by without a care, and of course the familiar sting of old memories. It was nice, almost beautiful in a certain aspect but it was still the place where his heart was ripped out of his chest and stepped upon. He simply couldn't get used to that feeling.

 

He didn't want to dwell on the past, after all, it made cynics out men who were once kind at heart. He wanted to forgive himself for being a failure and he wanted to forgive everyone else for what they had put him through but there was one person whom he would NOT forgive. That person was the one and only scumbag who ed him senseless on the night of Dong Woon's party, Yong Jun Hyung.

Hyun Seung took a deep breath. He didn't want to dwell on it but he had given him everything he had to offer that night. He had given him it all and had it all thrown back in his face a few days later like he was some cheap who hopped to the nearest when it was available.

Jun Hyung had destroyed him and everything he stood for. He had lost friends he never knew he had and gained names he would have never imagined. At school he had to find hate letters lurking in his locker saying:

You ing ! I can't believe you like ! Does that mean you sleep with teachers to get your high grades?

Or...

Always knew that you jumped for . Where's your rainbow you little sissy ?

Why did he suffer? Why was he the only one who suffered? Why did it only happen to him? Why was he made the outcast? Why?

 

The brunette wanted to slap himself for being stupid. The answer was completely obvious now that he had an understanding of the school social outcast system: Jun Hyung was the popular guy who everyone liked. Typical. Of course they wouldn't pick on him. He was too handsome and too talented for someone to hate. On the other hand, Hyun Seung had very much looked liked Edward Scissorhands with ugly, bowl-cut, auburn hair and feminine looks. He was a nerd and doomed from the start.

 

Some many questioned had bother him but none of them were ever answered. His closest friend had decided that he was no good and left him alone to suffer. What type of friend was that? He probably wasn't a friend at all. The nerd always had friends until some jock went and screwed up him life. It greatly reminded him of the book Jealousy is a Powerful Emotion.

Hyun Seung sighed as he slipped a piece of paper from him pocket. He needed to find somewhere to stay then call G.D so that he wouldn't pitch a . Before he came, he had called about someone needing a roommate but the offer was already gone so he would need to go apartment hunting.

 

It didn't matter when it came to finding somewhere to live for the time because he had the money, but it was simply a matter of who he might run into while staying. The town wasn't some giant labyrinth where you wouldn't run into anyone you knew. Growing up, he had learned that your business was the town's business. If you did something at night and one person found out the entire town would know by day break.


Clutching his bag at his sides Hyun sighed. He didn't want to have the same memories of his home any longer. These memories and old wounds were going to cut just like a knife. Hopefully, he thought, he didn't bleed to death.



 

Author's Note: Chapter song prompt "Like a Knife" by Secondhand Serenade. Hm, next is a thing that I will write concerning B2ST is going to be a  Junkwang oneshot called Between Worlds. >.> I'm so Junhyung . The only person left to pair him with after this will be Doo Joon. Ugh...me no wanna off Jun but if I let all the other members have him I'm sure I Doo Joon and Ki Kwang can have him too. T.T Not much happens in this chapter at all. Still more reflection. By at least the next chapter or chapter 3 I will have something definite going on.