Push comes to Shove, but it's the first day back so work hard boys and stay out of trouble... especially you Chanyeol - You know what you did... and so does the whole neighborhood -_-

The Lovely Silence

 

Italics are thoughts

 

Xiumin

First day of my final year Minseok smiled and chuckled a little. Finally. He walked over to the left side of his desk where he had pinned up photos of him, his family, his friends and a few other shots of various things on the wall. With the help of blue tack of course.

He stared at one specific picture near the centre of the collage. I’ll make you proud. He nodded his head once before picking up his back pack off of his desk chair and slinging it over his shoulder as he made his way to his bed room door and back downstairs.

He smiled as he saw his mother and father saying goodbye to each other as his father left for work. His father was only just taller than Minseok himself but his mother was about half a head or so shorter than him. Minseok’s mother fussed over her husband as she straightened his tie for him.

Minseok saw a flash of an evil grin on his mother’s lips before she was pulling her husband down by his tie and placing a kiss on his lips. Minseok chuckled in his head, his shoulders rising and falling along with the chuckle. He turned and made his way to the kitchen to grab his lunch. He slid the containers into his bag before zipping it up and heading to the door. He passed his mother on the way. “Bye mum.”

“Bye Minnie.” Minseok groaned but he smiled despite it when he heard his mum laugh.

Minseok closed and locked the front door as he headed towards his school.

 

Baekhyun

“Ah, mum I’m going to be late!” I groaned as my mum hugged me for the fifth time.

“I know, just, I’ll miss you.” She said solmely, “It’s just too quiet without you here all day. I mean, imagine all the peace and quiet I’ll get.” She said making a face.

I laughed, “I’ll bring Minseok and the others over and we’ll fill the house with plenty of noise for you.”

She smiled and ruffled my hair, “Alright, go, go.” She said pushing me out the door. I turned back when I heard the door opening again, “And stay out of trouble.” She said before disappearing back into the house.

I smiled and exited our front gate. Then I raced towards the school.

 

Kyungsoo

“Bye mum, bye dad. Have a good day at work.” I said as I headed for the front door.

“You too son, but about school.” I heard dad reply.

“Like they’re not the same thing.” I retorted, making my dad laugh, “I’ll see you at home.” I said stepping out the soor.

“We are at home though.” I heard mum chime in.

“Muuum!”

“I’m kidding, enjoy your first day back huh?” I looked over to her and nodded.

“Saw that dad!” I said when dad stuck his tongue out at me from behind his newspaper. He made a face and took a bite of his toast as I turned, closing the door behind me. I then made my way down the street to the bus stop.

 

Suho

“Joonmyun, you’ll be late. Hurry up!” I laughed and looked back at my mum who was standing at the bottom of the stairs yelling up to my room from the front door.

“You know I’m already at the door.” I smirked and she jumped.

“Don’t do that” She gasped before walking over to me and hugging me goodbye.

“Uh, I believe I’ll have to sleep on that one.” I smiled before heading out the door.

“Have a good first day back.” She called after me.

“You too,” I waved as I headed down the street.

 

Luhan

“Luhannie, Zitao’s here.” My mom called up to my room.

“Please Ms Lu, just call me Tao.” I heard Tao tell my mum for the umpteenth time.

“Oh, of course. Zitao.” I chuckled inwardly as I headed down stairs. My mom has always disliked nicknames but for some reason would call me anything but by my real name. I grabbed Tao’s hand and called a goodbye to my mum before dragging Tao towards the path that lead to our new school.

Tao and I were best friends back in China and I was really upset when he told me he was moving to Seoul. I told my parents about it about a week before Tao was due to leave. About two days after his departure they turned around and said we’d be moving to Seoul as well.

 I can’t help but be weary of their ulterior motives behind this; but at some point I came to the conclusion that they say it as a way to be closer to our family company’s business partners. In the end, I don’t mind. I get to stay with my best friend, win-win I guess. I told Tao as soon as I could. We were both excited.

Over the last few weeks before school started I asked mom and dad if I could open a small café between our house and my school. My reasoning to win them over was as follows: number one, that we lived close to the school so I could walk there after school with Tao and then we could walk home together. Number two, I had always had a big interest in baking. Number three, it will teach me good management and business skills that they have instilled in me since I was thirteen. Skills, I explained, that I will require when they hand the company down to me.

 

Kris’ house.

“See ya mom.” I called before heading to the garage and pulling my car out onto the driveway and down the street towards Chanyeol’s house. If she responded, I didn’t hear her. But I knew she wouldn’t have. She’s probably still asleep, Mondays being her day off that is.

 

Chanyeol’s house

“Mom, Kris is here I gotta go.” I said popping my head into her study.

“Okay, have fun at school. Stay out of trouble.” She looked up at me from her desk, “We wouldn’t want the neighbours to be spreading rumours again, would we now?”

“That was one time mum.” She raised an eyebrow at me.

“One time too many, my son.” I rolled my eyes.

“Okay, I’ll behave. Bye.” I waved.

“Bye,” She replied as I headed out of the house and jumped into Kris’ car. We greeted each other before Kris restarted the car and drove to Sehun’s house.

 

Sehun’s house

Mom and dad had already left to go to the company building this morning to greet some of the company’s business partners who recently moved to Seoul, so I was already waiting for Kris and Chanyeol before they got here, killing some time with my phone.

“What took you so long?” I said, throwing my bag into the car before me.

“Shut up.”

“Just hurry up and get to Kai’s were gonna be late at this rate.” I huffed.

 

Kai’s house.

I walked towards Kris’ car when I heard he horn blast.

 “I missed you too baby, but I’ve gotta go now my friends are here. Yeah. I’ll see you soon baby don’t worry.” As I ended the call my phone went off with the same default ringtone I set for all my female contacts except for my mum and sisters.

“Hey babe, how are you?” I saw Kris roll his eyes in the rear view mirror as I climbed into the ar. I kicked the back of his chair and he glared at me. “Yeah, listen I gotta go. My friend is sending me his face again. Bye baby.” I hung up, pocketing my phone.

“Is that the new girls?” Sehun said rather than asked.

“Yeah, they just started at the star bucks across from my dance studio. I’m thinking of dumping the blonde.” I slouched back into the chair.

“Why?” Kris asked, faking interest with a raised eyebrow.

“Dunno.” I said looking out of the window. He responded with an eye roll.

 “Just drive will you. Lay’s mum won’t be impressed if her precious unicorn is late for his first day back.” Before I finished speaking Kris had already pulled out of his parking spot and re-joined the traffick.

 

Yixing’s house

“Zhang Yixing! You’ll be to be late. I don’t know why you continue to get lifts from someone who is repeatedly late.” I stared at my mum as I walked over to her. She was standing at the front door tapping her foot. She rolled her eyes and sighed. Sometimes I wonder if I’m older than my mum because of how immature she can be at times. “Fine, Lay, hurry up or you will be late.”

“Love you mom.” I smiled and leaned down for a hug.

“Love you too now hurry up. I don’t want you being late on your first day.” She said as I pulled away.

“Okay mum.” I said as I headed towards Kris’ car.

“And how is our lovely late unicorn today?” Kai smirked.

“Shut up Kai, if anyone’s late it’s you guys.”

“Yeah, yeah. Come one we gotta pick up Chen.” Kris stated.

 

Chen’s house

“Bye mom, see you this afternoon.” I called back at my mum who was watching from the window.

“Bye Dae-ah.” I jumped into the back of Kris’ car and squished up with the others. “Yifan, drive safely alright?”

“Yes Ms Kim! I always do.” Kris called back, Sehun snickered at my mum’s use of Kris’ Chinese name.

"You know I could've taken the bus." Kris and the others threw me a questioning glance. I rolled my eyes before chanting, “Drive, drive, drive.” Kris smirked as he shifted into gear.

 

We reached school just in time for the bell and the sight of four nerdy looking guys shoving each other as they headed for the main hall, one almost tripping.

 

Baekhyun POV

When I finally reached school I had about five minutes to spare. I noticed my friends Xuimin, Suho and Kyungsoo.

“Hey guys.” I raised one hand in a flick of a wave whilst the other held the strap of my bag. I smiled stretching my lips into a thin line before I finally reached them and stood between Minseok and Kyungsoo. “What’s up?”

“Not much. I was just asking Xuimin if Min Hee’s back yet. I still have her CD from the last time she was here.” Suho said.

“I told you I could just take it and give it to her when she gets back.” Minseok said shifting his weight to his other foot.

“Yeah but I want to borrow something else so I might as well just switch it with her when she’s here” He replied.

“Alright, well she won’t be back until winter. Mum says Min Hee-shi is doing this thing where she jumps between here and Australia to avoid the summer. Even though they don’t really get a winter in the part of the country that she stays in. “

 “Dude, your sister is only a couple years older than you. Not to mention she’s your sister. You don’t need to use those honorifics on her especially when none of us use them for each other.” Kyungsoo said.

“Yes I do. She is my sister and I shall respect her.” Xuimin stated, pulling on his backpack’s straps and lifting his head to the sky, sticking his noise in the air before he glared back at us. I grinned and hugged him from the side with one arm.

The others just scoffed and rolled their eyes, and loudly whispered between themselves, “Sister Complex.”

“Yah! I do not!” Minseok said indignantly stomping his foot and standing up straight.

“Yeah, you do.” I said and laughed as Xuimin put on his angry face. This only made the others erupt in laughter. No matter what, Xuimin can never pull of angry; he always looks like he’s pouting with his bun-like cheeks. This is why we sometimes call him Baozi, the name of a food he picked told us about when he took Mandarin last year.

He shoved me away and ran up towards the school as the bell rang. I almost tripped but regained my balance and started off after my friends as we continued to shove each other while laughing.

 

It’s been a while huh? So I posted a chapter titled ‘Sorry’. Please read it. It’s very important to me.

I hope most of you are still with me even after all this time. I halted my study to bring you this chapter as a present for you all. It’s my birthday tomorrow! I’ll be 19 J

You guys are amazing. Be well. SakuraLove.