from finner.

THE STORY OF US: krishun drabbles

from finner.

pg; ~1.5k; Of Monsters and Men - From Finner 

 


 

When Sehun sees the wild beach he instantly toes off his worn out nikes and tosses them without even sparing a glance where they landed.  All what matter is that dampened sand feels cold underneath his bare feet as he steps further and further, getting near to the water swallowing the shore by of waves. His eyesight is lost in horizon stretched ahead of him. It’s tinted in infinite shades of  orange clouds blocking the view of sunrise.  Delicate breeze that not so long ago could carry him away with its power, awakens shivers on uncovered skin of his ankles, now its breath nothing but tickling. 

Seagulls screech, flying  in short distance with their wings spread wide and it feels like a greeting that hadn’t been heard for a long time.  Sehun feels welcome.

He inhales deeply the air soaked with scent of ocean and a little bit of storm, allows it to reach his lungs to the extent he’s sensing  they might burst out with amount they take in. It is refreshing, awakening and weariness clutching onto him through the night ride has retreated, no longer overpowering,  though it doesn’t mean it’s gone.  

Sehun’s standing in the middle of the deserted space, where the storm has left almost invisible traces of invasion. Frozen fingers clench and unclench around nothing, until he hides them in the pocket of his hoodie.  

He’s too absorbed in surroundings he almost doesn’t feel there are foreign yet familiar fingers linking with his. Almost, as heartbeat  starts panging in his chest in small euphoria without need of cooperation with his mind. His body recognizes the source of his only happiness on instant.

“I like it here,” he says after a while, lips quivered in faint smile. Only his voice betrays his exhausted state.

He takes a look at Wufan who hummed in agreement, looking at the horizon just like he himself did earlier. Dark circles marked under his eyes are more evident because of contrast with white as paper skin or another sleepless night they spent in old Toyota, seeking their place on Earth.

His disheveled hair remind  him of a really awful bird nest. Sehun’s hidden beneath material of grey hood thrown on his head probably doesn’t look better, so he lets it slide and stops himself from snarky remark.

They both are exhausted, however Sehun knows Yifan doesn’t mind it.  There are flickers of happiness ignited in his chocolate orbs Sehun adores seeing. He is glad since they started seeking their place, they  start to inflame more often, almost like during the time they’d met.   

 

 

Sehun’s never seemed to be the brightest child on earth but it didn’t mean he wasn’t.  Behind the mask of indifference was hiding a bubbly, quite naïve and cheering teenager, albeit to see it someone had to dig in through layers of insecurity he’s been shielding himself in, as Wufan liked to describe his early stage of depression.

Wufan managed to peel off every one of them in surprisingly quick amount of time, though Sehun had to admit—it was annoying through first months.

As everyone was thankful to the older man, his schoolmates for introducing them a nice friend they wouldn’t have a chance to know, parents for helping him to tame his son who through rebellion was actually calling for attention.  It is quite amusing how no one actually inquired how it happened Sehun started to feel happiness.

It didn’t last long, though.

Pictures in the era of people playing pretend a God by creating spectacular robots that might replace the human kind in the future spread faster than words are. May also be more harmful. So when one of photographs of Sehun and Wufan holding hands leaked out-- the latter having few months until graduation-- a chaos ensued.

Why? There are many cases of two men falling in love with each other though in Korean society it is considered completely, completely wrong. And when one of them turns out to be a student and the other a teacher… well.  It is even more wrong to whole another level. 

When world acknowledged the fact Wufan’s love was Sehun’s cure,  happiness Wufan radiated through faltered away. Hell he’s been through seemed to out even the last speck of optimism, as people didn’t blame Sehun.  They blamed Wufan for being so irresponsible, for being retarded. For being a . 

Flicks of joy in his orbs were long gone.

It lasted for three months.   Sehun graduated in a miracle way, of course without seeing Wufan even for a second as parents were controlling his every move. His lover was immediately dismissed on disciplinary grounds and Sehun was freaking out without contacting him, seeing him, holding his hand. Blamed himself because it was him who insisted on holding hands in public place. Wufan was at first hardly against it as he knew what could happen, but eventually, softened completely. Sehun’s pout won the battle. Oh how Sehun regretted his stubbornness.

When the day he got his diploma came, packed out all of his clothes and without telling goodbye to his parents knocked at the green colored doors. They weren’t his parents anymore. People who can’t accept their child should never be named as ones.

Wufan opened the doors and Sehun choked back tears.  He didn’t remind the man he was few months back.  Too skinny,  bloodshot eyes,  big eye bags,  hair no longer blonde but black, cut short. Sehun’s heart throbbed painfully, and after a few minutes of intense gazing Sehun threw himself into Wufan’s arms, crying,  repeating  I’m sorry, I’m sorry on repeat like a spell.  Wufan didn’t hold back tears, they both cried. Out of sorrow but relief. They’re barely coping in, the society, people around them despised them but they had each other.

They lay on hardwood floor, holding hands, staring blankly at the ceiling when Sehun said ‘’ let’s find our place on earth. Let’s run away.’’

‘’Isn’t it a coward move?”

“Maybe it is, maybe not.  But you have to be brave to leave what’s been holding you up.’’ Sehun said, raising their linked hands and kissing each of Wufan’s knuckles.

 

It leads them back to the beach they’re standing on. They’re finally happy once again, happy even if far away from home.   

‘’We gotta go.’’ Wufan says, throwing an arm around Sehun as he leans his head on his shoulder.

‘’Can’t we stay?”, he whispers, nuzzling his nose into Wufan’s neck.  

‘’Our place is somewhere near, I can feel it.’’ Wufan plants a kiss on Sehun’s forehead and starts pulling him towards their car.

 

 

They ride through a small port town, not far away from their last stop by the abandoned beach, when Sehun sees a house. It’s nothing special, a simple white bungalow with dark blue colored window frames. But there’s this little spark he feels while looking at it and he immediately knows.  

‘’ Wufan, stop. It’s here.’’

 

 

Life isn’t perfect. It’s hard, they work their asses off to barely make the ends meet. Wufan managed to find position as a teacher in the kindergarten, but the salary isn’t much. Sehun picked up a job at some local office where he does the dirtiest work of the all employees, after finishing goes straight to the bar where stays until his boss takes over the counter. It usually happens past 2 in the morning. By the time he comes back to his and Wufan’s apartment, he’s so exhausted he skips shower, passes out by his lover’s side, snuggling close to his chest.

Sehun is always sleep deprived, longs for some rest and sometimes catches himself on thinking his former friends are probably studying or partying, living their student life to the fullest. Would he want to live this way too?  Being still dependent on his parents who could fulfill his every wish, if asked? Of course he would! Easy life, without tasting hardships, without making decisions which bills should be paid first.

But then, when he comes back at this freaking two in the morning and sees Wufan’s sleeping silhouette curled up on too small bed, so…peaceful, so beautiful, so real, Sehun’s heart starts panging in his chest so loud, he immediately forgets about all what ifs.

Sehun lays softly on the mattress, sneaks a hand around his lover’s waist and enfolds asleep Wufan in tight embrace. He kisses the nape of Wufan’s neck and closes his eyes.

 

Because maybe Sehun wouldn’t worry about money, would live in a big modern apartment with always full fridge, but his life would be so grey, so empty without the man that showed him the sun.

 

He’s happy. And that bungalow with dark window frames one day will be theirs. 

 


A/N: Welcome in 2015. 8 months after the last update *slow applause*. I'm gonna post one drabble a day for a week, as I've many that need only the ending to be finished. And Addy has winter holidays now. Yay!