Chapter 43

D Loves N


"Leave her alone!" The group of guys surrounds the clueless doe-eye girl quickly, as though they are preventing someone from getting to her. The commotion attracted the attention of the four guys who are eating nearby.

"What going on...? Isn't that area..." Sehun frowns and Tao covers his mouth instantly, trying to hear the little discussion going around the whole canteen. After getting some ideas of what's going on, Tao grabs Kris's hand and leads him closer to the big crowd, settling down quietly at a side and watching as things go on. Sehun and Suho came over soon after, joining them at the table. "Tao..."

"I heard something about the glasses. They might be planning to do something about it." Tao informed the other three who frown instantly.

"Get away, idiots. We need to talk to that nerd!" The guys seem to be from year two. Taller and stronger built. It's obvious who will win if they ever fight. But the doe-eye girl's classmates aren't backing away just because of that. Seeing that, those second year guys start to crack their knuckles. "I see words won't work..."

"N... No... Stop." The doe-eye girl squeezed through the group of guys in front of her quickly and stopped the second year guys. "M... May I know why do you need to talk to me?"

"I heard from these guys, about something about your glasses..." The guy smirked as he reaches for the glasses. Just before he can get it, a punch sends him flying to the ground. "Argh... Wh... Sehun ssi?!"

"Don't touch her." Sehun glared at the guy angrily. Both Suho and Kris came over quickly and tried to drag him away but he refused to budge. More discussions start to spark, about the relationship between the doe-eye girl and Sehun, or even the four of them. The girls are obviously unhappy about it.

"Stop it, Sehun... You're giving her more trouble this way..." Suho whispered into Sehun's ears and Sehun's expression softens instantly. He looks over to the doe-eye girl who is obviously upset. The guys from Yoona's class took the chance to surround Yoona again, and the second years aren't going easy.

"Stop it... You will get hurt..." Yoona grips on tightly to the shirt of the guys in front of her, trying to get through but they are holding together strongly, not allowing her to pass this time. The moment the first guy got a punch, someone jumps in and kicks the second year away.

"I don't like the sight of second years bullying first years. If you want to bully first years, I'm a first year. Come at me." Tao stood in front of the group of guys, staring right into the eyes of the year two guys. The girls are literally squealing, saying how cool Tao was.

"Tao ssi, we are trying to get some business done... But these guys are preventing us from doing so." The second years glared at the group of guys as they say that.

"I don't see trying to get Yoong's glasses off as some kind of business." Tao crossed his arms, not realizing that he forgets to be formal with Yoona while being in school. He only realizes it when he heard some discussions going on about it. "... I mean Yoona ssi."

"What's going on here?" Just then, the discipline master came over and whoever is responsible for the injured are questioned. When everyone thought that show is over, and the girls start to hate the bespectacled doe-eye girl even more, one of the year two guys grabs the back of Yoona's collar suddenly, pulling her close when no one notices it.

"Yah!" Tao shouted as he tries to get away from the discipline master. Too late. The guy pulled it off. Yoona's glasses is off. However, at that exact moment, a shadow appeared and sent the guy flying in the direction where all the on-looking students are. "... So... Sooyoung?!"

Yoona almost fell but instead of felling onto the floor, she fell into someone's embrace. The body temperature of that person makes it obvious who is it.

"Y... Youngie... Why are you here?!" Yoona stands up properly quickly and turns around to face the tall girl, frowning.

"I... I... I couldn't stop worrying... So..." Sooyoung scratches her head as she looks away, noticing the pair of glasses on the floor. "I guess I came too late..."

"... It... It doesn't matter anymore. Now, come with me." Yoona grabs Sooyoung's hand and drags her away quickly. She stops outside the infirmary and pushes the girl inside. "Now, stay here until school ends. Since you're here, I'm not going to let you go home on your own with you in this condition."

"B... But..."

"No but! Rest!" Yoona forced Sooyoung to lie down on the bed and pulled the blanket over her before turning to the nurse. "Erm... This girl is having a fever. Could you make sure that she doesn't run away on her own and let her rest here?"

"Sure... Yea..." The nurse nodded robotically, completely frozen by the presence of the tall girl. Yoona thanked her and turned to Sooyoung, warning her about not resting for one last time before getting out of the infirmary, to realize that the four guys are outside, with a big group of students behind them.

"... They want to follow no matter what... Sorry..." Tao is obviously worried about how the doe-eye girl is feeling.

"... It doesn't matter anymore, does it?" Yoona sighed, walking away on her own. Some of the students tried to follow but the four guys stopped them. The girl needs space and time now. She had been working so hard to try and live a proper and quiet school life but everything got so complicated that all the hard work is in vain now.

"It's partially my fault, isn't it...?" Sehun sighed, and the other three nodded. "Tao you too, okay? You called her Yoong just now."

"Slip of tongue. But it isn't as bad as your messages the last time, Oh Sehun." Tao replied. The two start to bicker and the two older guys sighed, walking away and leaving those two with the students.