True Friends

Pon Problem Series *HIATUS*

“Why did we break up in the first place?”

“Who are you talking about Pon?”

I gasp as I felt a soft pat on my shoulder. I looked at the person behind me and smiled weakly.

“Tora, you scared me…”

“Hey you looked troubled. What’s wrong?” He sat beside me, worried written on his face.

“Nothing… Just a headache”

“You lie…”

One thing that I learned about Tora since the first time I knew him: He will know if you lie or not. That’s been troubling me; I don’t him to know about this…

“Really Tora, I’m fine. Just a headache” I forced a wide smile on my face hoping that this time he will believe it.

Tora sighed; he faced me and held both of my hands in his firmly. “Hiroto, we’ve been friends for a long time. It’s okay to tell me your problems”.

My eyes started to watery but I hide it. I let out a laugh, “Haha Tora, what are you saying? I don’t have problems. I’m a happy squirrel am I, I can’t have a problem”.

“Cut the lies!”

I flinched as Tora increased his voice. I looked at him with surprise. I lowered my head still refusing to tell.

“Pon…”

Tora put his hand at my chin and pulled my head up. I can see that he was looking at me sharply in the eye.

“I’m here willing to hear your problems, willing to lend my shoulders for you to cry. I’m here Hiroto.”

He cupped my face, his eyes still locked on mine. It’s hard for me to keep my tears anymore; it started to flow down my cheeks. Tora pulled me closer and hugged me tightly.

“Go on, it’s okay to cry. Don’t keep it. I’m always here.”

Tora caressing my back softly as I started to cry. Cry and let my problems flow down with the tears.