Believing

Heart & Key: The Sequel

 

You looked at L. Joe who was playing the PS3 with Sungjae.

You noticed that you know everything about him. You probably memorized every expression of feelings in his face. And right now, you can see that he is in it for an intense NBA 2K13 Battle with your brother.

Right now, you are thinking of reasons why you and him are together. As a couple and not just a best friends.

The truth is, you can’t even imagine yourself without him now. He has been a part of your life ever since you knew how to draw in the nursery times.

You two have faced all kinds of things together. From the bullies from nursery to the terror teachers in grade school to the flirts of middle school to the distractions and heartaches in high school. Now you are both in college. You are thinking of how long you were living with L. Joe.

And how impossible it would be without him by your side right now.

How impossible would life be without him with you?

Truly, you love him.

As a best friend.

As a brother.

And as the person who completes you.

There are more than a thousand of reasons why you are together now. There are more than anything you are about to think of.

More than what you expected.

More than what you could think of.

More than what you deserve.

Right now, you can see him, he is with you, he is happy with you. You never wanted this time to end.

You can’t help but just pray and wish that you will be together forever.

And just when forever was all over your head, Luna popped out of the scene all of a sudden.

Right now, you don’t know what to think of her.

That necklace incident is still in your mind. It is still bothering you.

Even though you promised yourself that you will let it pass because you believe in L. Joe.

But then, Sungjae’s words couldn’t just get out of your head.

It is killing you.

Thinking that L. Joe and Luna might have done something really intimate that involved her taking L. Joe’s necklace. Or maybe L. Joe left it.

But L. Joe never takes that off.

You know it. NEVER.

L. Joe looked at you who seemed to be thinking really deep. “Hey, are you alright?” He asked you as their game was paused because Sungjae had to go to the comfort room.

You shook all the thoughts away and looked at him. “Yes. I am alright. Just thinking.” You replied.

L. Joe narrowed his eyes on you. He knows that there is something bothering you. He knows every expression you have too, you know. You can’t just lie like that to your best friend. “About what?” He asked.

You sighed. “Just school stuffs.” You lied.

L. Joe raised his brows at you. “What stuffs?” He asked, knowing that you are lying.

You smiled. “Just those music sheets I have to finish tonight.” You replied.

L. Joe stared at you still not believing. But he wouldn’t ask you to tell him if you really don’t want to. Privacy means something in a relationship. And he respects that. He nodded. “Okay.” He replied as Sungjae came back and they resumed their game.

You sighed quietly in your seat and shook all of the Luna thoughts away from your brain. Everything is just not helping at all.

And that necklace was just something. Something to be ignored this time. Just this first time.

Because L. Joe seems to be so clueless about this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hana!”

You looked behind you, at the person who called you. You smiled. It was Naeun.

Naeun was waving at you smiling all the way.

You stopped and waited for her. “Hey!” You greeted.

She smiled at you. “How are you?” She asked.

You smiled. “I’m fine.” You replied. “Where are you off to?” You asked.

Naeun shrugged. “Nowhere. I was just walking around then I saw you.” She said.

You giggled. “You don’t have school?” You asked.

She shook her head. “It’s my off today.” She replied.

You nodded. “Well, that’s cool. I don’t have classes today too!” You beamed.

Naeun’s eyes widened. “Oh my gosh! Let’s hang out!” She beamed happily.

You giggled and nodded in excitement.

“So, how is that Luna girl?” Naeun asked all of a sudden. “Is she still spending time with you and Teen Top?” She asked more.

You looked at her and nodded. “Yeah. Actually, she has cheer practice right now.” You replied.

You were pretty calm today because you have suppressed the necklace incident in your subconscious already.

You don’t care about it anymore. You are not thinking about it anymore. You trust L. Joe. So you don’t need to doubt on him any moment now.

Naeun looked at you. “She is a cheer leader?” She asked.

You nodded. “Like you, flying up in the air!” You teased.

Naeun chuckled. “Bet she is a great flyer.” She said with some meaning behind it.

You were clueless about it and nodded. “Really great.” You replied approving.

Naeun looked at how innocent you are. She wanted to tell you everything she knows about Luna. She has to tell you.

Right here. Right now.

She couldn’t take seeing you have your guards down when the enemy is decoying inside your friends’ circle.

“Are you hungry? Let’s eat?” She asked you.

You looked at her and nodded. “Yeah. Sure.” You replied as both of you looked for a restaurant to dine on.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hello, L. Joe oppa.” Luna greeted L. Joe who will be having his practice with the baseball team today as well.

He just nodded at her. He is pissed at everything about her. She might not notice but L. Joe has been trying to kill her since the day she had his necklace. That day when you got cold on him.

She smiled at L. Joe. “Good luck on your practice, oppa! Take care! Don’t get hurt!” She cheered.

Ilwoo, L. Joe’s teammate, chuckled on him. “Seems like you got a crazy fan girl round here even though you have a hot girlfriend.” He teased.

L. Joe rolled his eyes. “Don’t talk about my girlfriend like that.” He hissed as he walked to the lockers.

Ilwoo blinked at him. “What is wrong with him?” He muttered to himself as he followed L. Joe.

Luna watched L. Joe as she held something in her hands. “Let’s see.” She mumbled as she waited for the right moment to sneak the envelope into L. Joe’s bag.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Wait? For real?” You asked Naeun with your eyes about to pop out of your orbits.

Naeun looked at you and nodded. “Yes. I know that because she had been always the hot topic between the cheerleaders in high school.” She replied, pertaining to Luna.

Naeun had already told you the whole story behind Luna and now, you can’t help but get scared about Luna’s capabilities.

Based on Naeun’s knowledge, Luna is the worst of all the worst girls living on earth. Okay, maybe. That was a bit exaggerated but still, Luna isn’t just the type of girl you should trust. An anaconda in the making.

“Please, Hana, don’t get your guards down when Luna is around and when she is not around. I know she is planning for something really big.” Naeun paused. “And I know that includes you and L. Joe. So, brace yourself for her capabilities.” She added.

You stared at her, stunned. Now, everything that Sungjae was telling had been justified. So, he was not lying. You know he isn’t but it is just impossible for you to believe that Luna is a bad girl. But now, listening to Naeun, it seems true and possible.

Add the necklace incident. Maybe that was her warming up stage.

“Be strong, Hana. I know you and L. Joe could make it.” Naeun cheered. “But please, stop hanging around with Luna.” She advised.

With that, you actually died. 

 

 

 

 

 

=============================

It's ON, people! :))))