A Relationship Without Trust

Heart & Key: The Sequel

 

You walked home really sad and lonely and lost.

You don’t know what to feel. Everything just seemed to affect you.

The person you thought was a friend, turned out to be someone who is a big threat to that one most precious person in your life.

You sighed hard as you entered the gate of your house. Naeun’s words still lingered in your head. And they just won’t go away. Especially when those words have made a mark on your principle.

You have been in denial that Luna is AN evil . L. Joe hated her at first. Teen Top is aloof on her. Sungjae had told you the bad things about her.

But just this time that Naeun told you what she knows that you believed about Luna’s personality.

And you have never been this paranoid, protective and possessive before.

You walked home and saw Sungjae on the couch watching some girl groups on the TV. You walked to him lifelessly. He stared at you.

“What is wrong, noona?” He asked. “You and hyung fought?” He predicted.

You shook your head and stared at the TV Screen. All you can see is Luna’s face in every girl. She is totally bugging the hell out of you.

Sungjae blinked at your peculiar behavior. This is the first time you are like this. Well, yeah. Since you and L. Joe got together.

“Noona?” He called you.

You looked at him. “What?” He asked.

You shook your head. *Should I tell him?* You thought.

Sungjae looked at you weirdly. “Don’t hide something from me, noona. I know.” He stated.

You sighed. “Okay. You’re right.” You said.

“Of course I am right that you have something that is really bothering you. You look like you lost all your money on a gamble.” He told you.

You shook your head. “No. You’re right about Luna.” You said.

Sungjae gave you a serious look. “Noona…” He spoke.

You smiled weakly. “Why would I even doubt it? You are my brother.” You said. “I don’t believe myself. Everyone has been telling me that she is not good but still, right now, even though I know everything, I still am not that sure of what to think of her.” You added in frustration.

Sungjae tapped your shoulder. “Don’t wait for her to get something from you noona. You have to keep your gates close right now. Guard up.” He said.

You looked at him and nodded. “What do I even do if she takes L. Joe away from me?” You asked yourself feeling depressed already.

Sungjae looked back at you, shaking his head. “Don’t let that happen, noona. Ever.” He said. “So, as early as now, cut everything that relates to her in your life.” He advised.

You sighed and nodded. “I guess that should be done.”  You agreed.

Sungjae nodded and smiled at you. “Smile, noona! There is nothing that can break L. Joe hyung’s love for you anyways.” He said grinning, making you feel assured and contented.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You wished Sungjae never told you those words last night.

The morning you woke up, you never received any message or greeting or any word from L. Joe. You really got worried. You even went to their house.

Only to find him and Luna watching something.

Or maybe it was a project.

BUT WITH LUNA?

OH HELL THEY DIDN’T JUST DO THAT.

And to think L. Joe hates Luna to the bones.

THIS IS SO IMPOSSIBLE TO HAPPEN.

NOT NOW. NOT EVER.

NOT WHEN L. JOE IS IN HIS SANE MIND.

And you know what hurt you the most?

It is because L. Joe was actually interacting with Luna like they have known each other for a long time. Like they are really close.

L. Joe is not normal.

This is not the L. Joe you know.

You sighed as you walked in. Mira, L. Joe’s sister (fictional), saw you and smiled. “Oh Hana!” She beamed making the two in the couch look to the door.

Mira hugged you. “Wow! I missed you!” She beamed. She went to the States for 2 weeks and you have been in charge of L. Joe for that time being.

That is why L. Joe is always in your house for the past weeks.

You smiled and nodded. “I miss you too, unnie. How was the States?” You asked.

Mira sighed. “Same. Nothing new. I like Seoul better.” She beamed as she looked at L. Joe. “Yah, Byunghun! You’re real girlfriend is here.” She called.

You looked at her as she said the word “REAL”. *Well, is there such thing as fake girlfriend?* You thought.

“Okay.” L. Joe replied coldly.

You narrowed your eyes. You could die from the coldness radiating from him. For the first time, you felt this.

Mira widened her eyes on L. Joe. “What is wrong with this kid?” She asked you.

You shrugged. You don’t know why. And you want to know. You want to ask a lot of questions.

What is with the sudden 180-degree change in L. Joe anyway? This isn’t like him.

You smiled at Mira. “It’s okay. I’ll just go to him.” You bowed and walked to L. Joe and Luna.

You looked at what they are watching. “What is that?” You asked them, trying to be as happy as you can.

But no one answered.

Both of them are just too immersed in what they are watching.

You smiled and sat awkwardly beside L. Joe. You expected him to look at you and smile. But no, he even moved away from you.

You gave him a narrow look. Something is really wrong. And this is making you really worried. Like something bad is going to happen with your relationship.

“Hey.” You called him. But he didn’t even budge. It is like you are not around. Like a ghost. Yeah. That is how he treats you.

*What is wrong?* You thought as you looked at Luna who makes you really more uncomfortable. And this makes you want to cry now.

And there was an extreme silence. All everyone can hear is the television.

“How are you and Jongup? Did you enjoy yesterday?” L. Joe asked you suddenly.

You looked at him with a confused look. “What?” You asked. “I was with Naeun yesterday.” You said. *She actually told me a lot of things about that girl beside you.* You wanted to tell him this. But you couldn’t.

L. Joe scoffed. “Yeah. Naeun really?” He asked as he raised his brow at you. There is something in the tone of his voice that is making you really worried. It sounds like he is challenging you or something.

You nodded. “Yeah.” You replied.

Then he passed you and envelope.

You looked at him, confused, and took the envelope reluctantly.

And dang!

It contains pictures of you and Jongup. You don’t know where it all came from but you know that it is not taken yesterday. You have never worn that SHIRT ever.

Or maybe you have.

IN HIGH SCHOOL.

“This is in high school.” You said.

“Check the date.” He ordered you.

You looked at the date and boom. It was the date yesterday.

Well, excuse me, L. Joe. Dates in the photos can be photoshopped and edited nowadays, dude.

“No it isn’t.” You said in disbelief. “I was with Naeun yesterday, I swear. And I didn’t wear this shirt.” You added.

L. Joe scoffed and shook his head. “yeah? What are you other reasons?” He asked you.

You looked at him in disbelief. “What?!” You asked. “Are you doubting me?” You asked again.

L. Joe shrugged. “I never said that.” He replied.

“But you are doing it.” You shot.

He looked at you in disbelief. “Because I have proof.” He shot back.

You scoffed. “Nonsense.” You mumbled. “You believe this proof more than me?” You asked him.

He just stared at you. Not knowing what to do.

You nodded. “What kind of man are you?” You asked. “Believing something that clearly doesn’t hold relevance?” You asked. “I am so disappointed.” You added.

He nodded. “I am too.” He said. “I am so disappointed.” He told you back.

You nodded. “Okay.” You glanced at Luna. “Did she tell you this?” You asked.

L. Joe looked at you. “Don’t drag Luna into this. This is between us.” He replied, protecting Luna.

You nodded then shook your head. “You don’t know.” You said.

“I thought honesty is the best policy?” He asked you.

You looked at him. “I am being HONEST here, Lee Byunghun.” You replied in a serious tone.

L. Joe raised his brow. “Oh really?” He asked you.

You scoffed. And this time, tears were forming in the corner of your eyes. You cannot handle any of this anymore. Everything is breaking your heart. Everything that comes from his mouth makes you sad. Everything makes you disappointed.

JUST AS WHEN YOU THOUGHT HE IS THE PERFECT ONE FOR YOU.

You stood up. “You won’t really believe me?” You asked him.

He just stared at you.

You nodded. “Okay.” You said. “I don’t want a relationship without trust.” You started.

L. Joe’s face was different. It is like he knows what you are about to say.

You sighed hard to hold the tears back. You don’t really want to say this but you just can’t handle these kinds of drama in your life.

You weren’t even going to tell him to keep away from Luna because you trust him this much.

And now, he is the one that drifted away.

NICE.

Everything is nice.

You smiled. “Let’s break up.” You spoke.

And L. Joe felt like his world in falling on his feet.