The Homo Table

The Homo Table

"I don't get it," Key said as he sat down at his usual lunch table with his friends.

"What?" Taemin asked, looking up from the book he had open next to his tray. 'Probably last-minute studying for a test,' Key thought.

"The twelve of them," he said, dismissing thoughts of Taemin's study habits as he jerked his head to the large, circular table behind him, at which twelve boys were sitting and talking amongst themselves.

Next to him, Minho glanced over his shoulder before turning back to his pizza. "What about them?" he asked, taking a large bite.

"Look at them!" Key shouted before glancing over his shoulder at the table in question and lowering his voice. "Nearly half of them are Chinese transfers, and the only people any of them talk to is each other. And they're all flaming and dating each other! Does this not strike any of you as odd?"

Taemin's eyebrows furrowed--probably while he tried to figure out what 'flaming' meant--and Onew shrugged.

"It had occurred to me, yes," Onew began. "But I'm not really bothered by it."

Taemin shook his head, apperently giving up on figuring out that word, and he spoke up. "A couple of them are in my biology class, and they're both really scary! They're some of the Chinese transfers, and one of them looks like a panda, but they're both terrifying! I think they might be together, but I'm not sure because they spend all their time arguing."

Key nodded enthusiastically. "Yeah! There's at least two of them in all of my classes, and they never talk to anyone but each other!"

"Well, what do you want us to do about it?" Jonghyun asked, and Key shrugged, sitting back in his seat.

"I don't know. Nothing, I guess. I guess I just wanted to bring it up, since it feels like I'm the only one in this whole school who actually realizes how weird it is," he replied, picking up his drink.

"Well, now that we've acknowledged the existence of the homo table, what was the math homework?" Minho asked, and Key snorted milk out of his nose.


Yup, really short.

I don't even know what this is, tbh. I saw the post and wrote it in my journal and then this.

Comment with your thoughts!

~AA