New Life of Boseon Boy

Hollaback Boy

 

“What? Mom!” Chanyeol looked up from the screen of his wide and long PSP–he was really proud that he got the newest, coolest, and heaviest PSP brand–to his mother, protestingly.

 

He never liked the idea of whatever his mom said.

 

“Well, Channie.” His mother rolled her eyes, speaking in a tone which she usually used when Chanyeol was trying to protest and deny what she had said.

 

See, it had been almost 2 years ago that Chanyeol always reminded and even warned his mom to not call him like that but–she was just stubborn as ever.

 

“It’s for your own good.”

 

Yeah, that was exactly she said for completely 10 years over and over. It’s not Chanyeol’s fault that sometimes–or maybe often–he kind of got tired of it.

 

Chanyeol let out a deep sigh as he somehow reluctantly put his playstation portable aside, pausing on a game he was currently playing. He stared at his mother disapprovingly.

 

“You know mom, sometimes I doubt that you are actually remembering when was exactly I born.”

 

His mother raised her rather thick brows at him, like questioning his statement.

 

“I’m 18 years old right now! And even when you hate me and decided to release me on some kind of dark and wild forests–trust me, I’ll always on my way back home.”

This time, it was his mother one who releasing a deep sigh. “But honey–“

 

“Don’t ever call me that!” Chanyeol cutted like a brain-gifted he was, as he raised his index finger. His mother looked at him and frowned.

 

“Look, Chanyeol. Me and your dad are going to a New Zealand, and the point which you shall know here is–“

 

“–we’re worried about you, and we don’t want you to get sick, or lost or whatever, blah, blah, blah.” Chanyeol took in no time to cut–politely; continue–his mother’s words as he rolled his eyes. It wasn’t a secret as ever again as he knew to well that both of his mother and father were a workaholic. They often went to somewhere, and then Chanyeol like a blank and oblivious kid he was, not knowing where his parents were just coming or arriving from.

           

“Mom please, just let me here alone. Stay, and safe.” Chanyeol gave a whining tone at every of his words as he ended them with a calm smile. But somehow, as Chanyeol believed how stubborn and stone-headed his mother was, his mother was indeed those. She refused to hear a kind of lame excuses which were the only things Chanyeol could make.

 

“No. Thousand times you make an attempt to refuse it, I’ll say no. I’ll send my friends’ son here to take care of you.” His mother narrowed his eyes at Chanyeol threateningly as she quickly took out her cell phone from her bag, flipping it open in almost elegant way as she pressing some numbers.

 

‘This is so dead.’

 

Chanyeol facepalmed himself as he groaned in distate, lightly hearing his mother greeting someone in the opposite line and talking.

 

Chanyeol could also lightly hear a Chinese name, and his mother mentioned about Canada.

 

.

.

.

 

“Don’t eat too many of chilis, don’t forget to fill your stomach and wash your hands before eat, don’t go back from your school too late, always wearing a jacket at night when you buy the groceries, don’t–“

 

“Mom.” Chanyeol cutted his mother’s words through his gritted teeth as he purposely lowered his voice–in order that the one who was standing beside him didn’t think wrongly about him being trapped in a adult body as a 6 years old kid. “I think I get those very perfectly.”

 

His mother smiled at Chanyeol as she nodded at him in a proud manner. Chanyeol smiled back at her as she pulled him close by the head and kissed his forehead sweetly. “Good bye, sweetie. Take care of yourself well.”

 

Chanyeol could feel his cheeks burned in embarrassment as his mother for the nth time, forgot what Chanyeol always said to her about calling him with such a names in front of everyone. The feeling–maybe it was really nothing comparing to dig yourself into a dark, black hole in any seconds.

 

Chanyeol’s mother then turned her attention towards the side–someone who was patiently standing beside Chanyeol the whole time the kid and the parents doing the rituals.

 

“Kris.” She smiled warmly to him, only to be greeted back by a charming, and same warm smile. “Please take care of my son well, okay? And don’t forget to enjoy your stay in here too. Your chance to be in here, plus with my soon too, are really a rare moment which you could hardly get.”

 

The guy–sadly taller than Chanyeol a few centimeters–chuckled as he perceived what Chanyeol’s mother said. He bent down a little so that their cheeks could be brushed towards each other and Chanyeol’s mother gave him a last hug.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll take care of him a little bit too really well.” Kris–that was the only thing which Chanyeol could consider as a name–spoke in an accent which was really unfamiliar too Chanyeol’s ears (of course). Chanyeol found it a little bit cool somehow, but not as really cool as American East Coast rapper, Raekwon–no offense.

 

Chanyeol snorted lightly at Kris’ answer as his mother then turned to him again, playfully tickling under his chin as she conferring him the last time ‘good bye’ with a ‘honey’ address at the end of it.

 

Chanyeol groaned as he rolled his eyes, watching his mother threw a last smile towards him through the window of the car. He lifted his hand and waved it lazily.

 

Yeah, gonna be fun he believed.

 

.

.

.

 

Chanyeol plopped himself on the couch–almost like throwing himself fully–as he took his PSP with him. He quickly made a way towards his usual game and lifted both of his legs on the couch, like a lazy- he was.

 

“You know about my name first, or I know about your name first?”

 

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows and slowly lowered his PSP, only to come in an eye contact with–who’s his name again, Kris?

 

“Both no?”

 

Kris smiled–more like smirking Chanyeol guessed–as he made a strange sound from his tounge which was quite unfamiliar to Chanyeol again. He took a seat at the chair near the television. The television was unnecessary .

 

“Right. You’re not typical Koreans.”

 

This time, Chanyeol willingly lowered his PSP more than he expected as he stared at Kris in a suspicious manner. “The acceptable reasons you said that?”

 

Kris let out a relaxing sigh as he shrugged his shoulders, eyes wandering around the every space of Chanyeol’s house. “Because I ever met Koreans before?”

 

Chanyeol laughed mockingly as he rolled his eyes, fingers pressing frantically against the buttons of his portable as he focusing again on it.

 

“Then it means your brain was no more than stupid narrow dresser. World is wide, bro.”

 

Kris laughed at Chanyeol’s statement. This brought him standing up from the chair and walking towards Chanyeol, sitting at the end of the long couch. Chanyeol clicked his tounge disappointedly at the presence.

 

“Koreans are mostly kind, good-mannered, and very polite. I wonder how could they survive with all of personalities like those meanwhile, in a not too very big town, there this young boy who the only thing he could was sarcasm.”

 

Chanyeol instincvely slapped his palm against the surface of the couch as he glared at Kris, teeth slightly brushing together as he sitting up. “What are you actually trying to say, huh? Are you humiliating me? Are you implying that I’m not deserved to be Koreans? Who do you think you are? Wanna have a fight with me, huh?”

 

“No, no.” Kris shook his head as he held up both of his opened hands, trying to calm and show that he was only searching a peacefulness between himself and the raging boy. “You still resemble Koreans’ personalities though.”

 

“What?” Chanyeol narrowed his eyes.

 

“You’re interesting.”

 

It was like boiling a blood inside his body that Chanyeol really wanted to slam his fist against that perfect face of Canadian-boy. But instead, he chose pillow nearby to do that.

 

“Save that, you Alaska-boy.”

 

Chanyeol stated emotionlessly as he stood up from the couch, ignoring the other winces about how rude he was, how it could badly affect his perfect, sharp nose, and where he was actually going to sleep.

 

Chanyeol only rolled his eyes for the last time and slammed his own door room shut.

 

.

.

.

 

Chanyeol made an attempt to go out from the car almost immediately as he was sure that Kris was pulling the brake effectively. He was just about to open the door of the car before someone was actually restraining him from doing so.

 

“Turn around.”

 

Chanyeol let out a deep sigh as decided to not comply what the other had said. He stayed still in his spot, back facing the face of Kris.

 

“Just make it quick. I don’t want my friends seeing me together too intimately with a guy.”

 

“Turn around.”

 

Instead of doing like the other had completely demanded–and being a rebel soul he was–Chanyeol made the next move by kicking and twisting the car’s door open fastly. Luckily, Kris was way, way too fast for him, so he got himself resting between Kris’ arms.

“H–hey! What are you doing, you–let go of me!” Chanyeol kicked out both of his legs as he tried to wriggle out from Kris’ grip, which unfortunately, it turned out that Chanyeol discovered something–that he could never match Kris’ power.

 

Kris wrapped one of his arms around Chanyeol’s waist as his other hand roamed around Chanyeol’s body, searching for the definite thing on the surface of it.

 

Chanyeol flailed his arms around, screaming in a manliest way as he could come as he still trying to break free from Kris’ grip–which sadly, he knew even for a next decade, he couldn’t. Kris grabbed Chanyeol’s messy tie, and fixed it harshly.

 

“You sure you want to go to school like that?”

 

“What?” Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows confusedly as he panted, slightly holding his heaved up and down chest with his hand.

 

“I’m pretty sure that your mom also often scolded you about this–about how you dressed in a uniform to school.”

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes boringly. “Oh come on, don’t be such a dad. I know you did this kind of thing too in a school back then. Life was just as easy and free.”

 

Kris didn’t seem to hear–deliberately–on what Chanyeol was saying as he immediately darted his eyes towards something, Chanyeol’s lower uniform shirt.

 

“That shirt,” Kris pointed out with one of his index finger. “has two options.”

 

Chanyeol cocked his head to the side weirdly as he looked down at his own uniform shirt, not finding anything strange–or at least he thought it wasn’t ‘wrong’–at all. He looked up at Kris confusedly.

 

“Being inserted inside of your pants by yourself, or by–“

 

“Okay!” Chanyeol cutted off first. He didn’t know, but the idea of the other telling him about something which he knew, and the other knew too, was kind of eww–nasty. Especially when he thought that it was a little bit gay-related. “I’ll do it by myself!”

 

Kris smiled–but then again, it more resembling a smirk–as he rested his elbow against the window, a head against his opened palm. He watched Chanyeol doing that, and it brought a certain memories to him.

 

He was a student president back then, and scolding people about their even little mistakes was one of his predilections.

 

.

.

.

 

“I didn’t get my ‘thank you’?”

 

Chanyeol glared through the opened window of the car once he was outside as he saw Kris slightly peeking his head out, a smug expression smearing all over his face.

 

Chanyeol stayed silent, before suddenly his eyes darting towards the skin part of the car. He smirked before dragging his foot towards it, kicking it with all of his power.

 

He could see Kris jolted inside the car, and he laughed.

 

“That was my thank you. You could consider it perfectly.”

 

Kris looked at the teenage boy frowningly, his brows creasing in an annoyance manner. Chanyeol made a face of mocking him before making a movement to leave.

 

.

.

.

 

“Band after school?” Baekhyun offered a little bit too enthusiastically as he patted Chanyeol’s left shoulder with a bro–manner. He grinned widely.

 

Chanyeol nodded his head lightly as an agreement as he pulled his lips to the side lazily. Never in a periods of his life–even how hard it was to him–he wanted to tore the paper of his existence into a pieces, horrible pieces.

 

“Are you okay?” Baekhyun stared at him and the wide grin on his face was suddenly wiped off. Chanyeol blinked his eyes simply and shook his head.

 

“Yeah, don’t worry.”

 

“You looked like you just ate noodles which suddenly turned into worms on your breakfast, did you do that?”

 

Chanyeol shook his head again, still in a lifeless manner. Usually he would take and do everything to heed all of Baekhyun’s jokes nicely–but right now, he couldn’t just pretend himself. He felt really annoyed.

 

“Don’t worry, nothing bad happened to me.”

 

Yeah, liar.

 

.

.

.

 

It was a time when all of the students were legally allowed to come from from school. Chanyeol and Baekhyun was walking towards the front yard of the school, talking too enthusiastically about the next performance of their band, and how they should be dressed then.

 

“Maybe we could try yellow, or–“

 

Chanyeol jolted as he heard some of the students–girls of course–screaming. Baekhyun slightly stumbled to the side as someone was running past him and nudged him undeliberately on elbow.

 

“Yah! Watch where you’re going!” Baekhyun yelled to the seemed further, and further girl. But the said girl only turned her head towards Baekhyun briefly before continuing what she thought it was important.

 

“You’re okay? What happened actually in here?” Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows as he looked up, suddenly finding the yard of his school wasn’t in such, usual normal situation. There’re a lot of students–mostly girls–gathering in there, faces contorting in excitement, and they’re talking a little bit too loudly at each other.

 

“Maybe some idols or important officials visiting? I have no idea.”

 

Chanyeol cocked his head to the side confusedly. “But why so suddenly?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows in a curious manner as he took a step forward, followed not too closely by Baekhyun behind. He tried to sharpen his vision by focusing on what was happening in front him, and what he got next, made him almost jump out from his place.

 

Oh no, that was Kris–and he was probably going to force him to come home as soon as immediately. Chanyeol couldn’t get his usual afternoon routine on practicing his band.

 

“Baekhyun! Cover me!” Chanyeol squatted down on his place as he covered himself with a bag–yeah, what a great actual choice. Baekhyun raised his eyebrows confusedly as he squinted his eyes towards Chanyeol.

 

“What? What happened?”

 

“Just cover me!” Chanyeol hissed from behind the thick fabric of his bag. “I don’t want to go home!”

 

Baekhyun blinked his eyes frowningly. But he thought that Chanyeol was going to practice band with him after school. “But I thought we’re going to–“

 

“Ssh! Don’t talk to me! Pretend that I didn’t exist and nobody was near you, okay?” Chanyeol cutted as he pressed his index finger firmly against his lips, indicating the other that he was really in a crucial situation.

 

Poor Baekhyun, he even didn’t understand the whole situation was.

 

Chanyeol jolted in shock as he quickly covered his mouth, preventing it from letting out any further sounds. Hell, this wasn’t even his style.

 

Chanyeol breathed out shakily as he brought down his hand towards his pocket, reaching out a small device which actually caused him to freak out seconds ago. He looked at the screen phone and got his eyes bulged out again.

 

Of holy , it was Kris.

 

Chanyeol quickly pressed the answer button as he brought it almost frantically towards his ear. “H–hello?”

 

“Where are you?”

 

Chanyeol fidgeted uncomfortably, and he let out a nervous chuckle. “W–well, I’m currently attending the extra lessons. W–why?”

 

Damn he and his stutter speech.

 

“I’m in front of your school gate now, there are a lot of people surrounding me here, especially the girls. When you are actually done?”

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes at the other’s first statement. Of course he was surrounded–he with his unusual style for Korean cultures and looks. Chanyeol gulped quietly then before saying, “M–maybe around six, I don’t know. I never join this before.”

 

Chanyeol could hear clearly the other was letting out a deep sigh, so he waited.

 

“Well, doesn’t it make you tired?”

 

Chanyeol raised his eyebrows and tilted his head to the side confusedly. “What do you mean?”

 

“I mean squatting down in the middle of the school yard.”

 

Chanyeol widened his eyes and he couldn’t help himself to not letting out a strangled gasp. “S–squatting? H–how could that even happen? I’m i–in the class right now.”

 

“Yeah, right. Especially from the place where I am standing right now, all I can see is the boy, squatting in the middle of the school yard, bag all over his head, and he looks like he is hiding."

 

Chanyeol spontaneously jumped on his place as he yelped, knocking over Baekhyun’s legs in the process. He quickly turned his body around, and what he saw, was really a thing that he never intended to be looked at–at least, at this time.

 

Kris’ lips turned upwards into a smirk.

 

 

A/N: Idk, I think this kinda too long, haha. But I hope you can enjoy this! Thank you for reading! I love you :)