Secret Message

One Shot of Espresso

 

Two more periods fly by quickly and soon, the lunch bell rings.

As you and Zelo walk out the door, he grabs your arm and asks, “Want to meet my group’s members?”

Taken by surprise and although it’s against your nature to meet new people, you hesitantly agree, “Umm, sure..?”

At that, Zelo leads you to the quad where the both of you find the blondes sitting on one of the square tables with the huge metal umbrellas above them. One of the blondes notices the two of you and waves, “Yo, Zelo and his friend!”

Zelo tugs at your sleeve and you both walk just a bit faster towards the group of boys. “Hello, hyungs!” Zelo says, sitting on an empty spot on the seats, he shuffles a bit to the side (rewarded with silent protests from the other blondes) and pats the small space that he made. He gestures to you and the seat, “Come on, sit down.”

You sit down quietly as the other members stare at you, “Umm, sorry for intruding..?” you trail off.

A moment of silence, then you’re afraid you had just ruined your first impression on the boy group. But no, the six boys just start laughing out loud, and one of them says, “No need for something so formal like that! Haha! I’m Bang Yongguk, you can just call me Yongguk. I’m the leader of the group. You’re Zelo’s partner right? Our partners are all guys and their somewhere… I don’t know where. Hope he hasn’t been causing much trouble,” his voice was deep.

You and Zelo look at each other and burst out laughing, earning a puzzled look from the leader. “He’s been a great help actually,” you say in between mouthfuls of laughter. Yongguk smiles and says, “You guys, introduce yourselves too!”

The handsome guy sitting next to Yongguk speaks up, “Annyeong haseyo! I’m Kim Himchan and I’m the second oldest of the group. I’m the sub-vocalist and a rapper, and call me Himchan,” he says, giving you a huge grin. You smile back at him, he seems really nice and cheerful. “Nice to meet you Himchan!” you tell him. He gives you a random peace sign and you do the same.

Next, the guy sitting on the other side of Zelo introduces himself, “Hullo, I’m Yoo Youngjae, call me Youngjae. I’m the main vocalist of the group. Nice to meet you,” he says, and you can’t help but notice his calm demeanour and his overly polite attitude towards you. It might be nice to befriend him more you think. You smile at him and he looks a bit surprised but loosens up and smiles back at you. That’s better. “Nice to meet you too!”

Then the guy sitting on the other side of Yongguk speaks next, “I’m Jung Daehyun. I’m the lead vocalist and you can just call me Daehyun,” he says quietly. Ah, this is a shy one, you think to yourself. “Nice to meet you, Daehyun!” you say, flashing him a smile that, like Youngjae, surprises him a bit.

Lastly, the guy next to you smiles and introduces himself, “Hi, I’m Moon Jongup, except just call me Jongup and I’m the sub-vocalist and main dancer of the group,” scratching his head. Haha, another shy one. Time to break dur shell! “Hello! Nice meeting you, Jongup,” you shake his hand and give him a smile back.

“Umm, okay. So I should introduce myself, I guess. I’m Hazel Hummingburd and I’m Zelo’s partner for the semester and I’m the same age as him. I’m just a random girl who doesn’t have a position in a group, but I hope we will get along,” you tell them. Truthfully, you don’t know how to act in front of these people, making you feel majorly awkward. You tried though, that’s what matters… not really.

“We told you right? No need to be so formal, I’m sure we’ll get along,” says Himchan, giving you a thumbs up. You start laughing and everyone stares at you for a moment and joins in, “Yeah, I guess so!” you manage to say in mid-laughing-your--off.

You sit with them for the rest of lunch, talking to the group and warming up to them. You talk about a lot of things.

“So why are you guys here in Australia? Shouldn’t you be in Korea doing your pop star stuff? Like concerts and you know… pop star stuff?” you ask them, particularly Yongguk. He seemed to think for a bit and then answers you, “I think it was because our English isn’t completely perfect yet. Maybe they want us to get better at it? I don’t know. And I think was also to promote B.A.P. in Australia.”

“Your English is pretty good already you know,”

“But heavily-accented, haha. They want us to be more fluent at it.”

“And I think you’re pretty popular here already,” you tell them, only realising and noticing the death glares people –mostly girls– have been giving you all throughout lunch. Yongguk shrugs, “They want to showcase us even more I guess.”

You chuckle. Then suddenly Himchan speaks up, “Why don’t we give our numbers to you? And you can give yours to us!” The other members nod in agreement, Zelo asking first, strangely eager. “So what’s your number?” “It’s _________” “I’ll text you then so you can get mine.”

While Zelo texts a message to you with his IPhone5 (Wahh, I want one too, I’ve only got a 4s), you give the others your phone numbers and unlike Zelo, they give theirs to you straight away.

“Now we can talk to each other all the time!” says Himchan, giving you a wink. You blink, a bit confused at the wink, then reply, “Yeah, and since this is a new phone and I haven’t transferred my old contacts into this one yet so you’re the first contacts I have in this phone.”

Zelo freezes, looks up abruptly and asks, “Really? So you haven’t had any texts from anyone on that phone yet?” You nod cheerfully and then he’s back typing on his phone furiously, hitting send then giving you a weird triumphant look. “What?” you ask. He just keeps that goofy grin plastered on his face, “It’s nothing, just check your mail.”

You do just that and sure enough, there’s a new message from an unknown number. You show it to Zelo just to make sure, “Is this your number?” you ask, displaying your phone right in front of his face. He turns a bit baby pink, checks the number and tells you it’s the right one. You open the message and see nothing but random Korean characters: 당신은 아주 아르.

You stare at Zelo, “The hell does that mean?” Jongup peeks from your shoulder, “Wait, lemme see,” he says, taking the phone out of your hands. He reads it silently in Korean and looks at Zelo, one eyebrow shooting skywards. You see the look passed in between the two of them and you’re suddenly even more curious. You turn to Jongup, “So what does it say?” He just grins and glances at Zelo, “Shall I tell her eh, Zelo?”

Zelo stares at Jongup hard and starts rambling in Korean, trying to snatch the phone off Jongup. You start getting really nervous for your phone, it’s brand new dammit. Jongup laughs and stealthily holds the phone out of Zelo’s reach even though the maknae was actually taller than him.

“Yah! Pass it to me Jongup! I want to see!” Daehyun calls out. Jongup throws the phone –oh hell– to Daehyun and to your relief catches it with ease. “Guys… Be careful… That’s a new phone…” you warn them.

Daehyun reads the text and his eyes widen. He suddenly starts laughing, dodging Zelo’s clumsy moves and exclaims, “Yongguk, Himchan, Youngjae! Omo, read this!” Yongguk takes the phone from Daehyun’s hands much to Zelo’s dismay and reads it together with Himchan and Youngjae. They burst out laughing as well, “GAHAHAHA!” Zelo snatches the phone from Yongguk’s hand and passes it back to you. OH MY LORD THAT WAS SCARY, you think to yourself.

Zelo starts speaking in Korean to his group mates, seemingly begging. The other five just keep laughing and somehow agreeing, nodding their heads in mid-laughter.

You look at them bellowing in laughter and Zelo glowing red. You couldn’t take it anymore, “Hey! What was so amusing?? What does it mean?” The group just laughs and Zelo shrinks in embarrassment.  Youngjae was the first to recover, chuckling as he answers you, “Sorry Hazel, can’t tell you~ we promised our giant baby maknae here we wouldn’t tell you what it says there in that message~”

Zelo looks at you sheepishly and chuckles nervously. You an eyebrow and sigh, “Fine. But mark my words, I shall find out sooner or later!” you proceed to save his number to your contacts.

The bell rings and you think about how time flies by quickly when you’re having fun. Back in the days when you just read a book and listened to music during break times, time seemed to only trudge on agonizingly slowly.

When you were with these group of people though, life seemed to take another shade of brightness and you realise that you were actually having fun. You think back to the coffee incident and smile to yourself, if that hadn’t happened, you wouldn’t have been able to meet Zelo, let alone B.A.P.

You and Zelo slowly pack your things up to get ready for the last period of the day, English. You wave your goodbyes to the other members and the both of you walk slowly towards the stairs, mentally and physically preparing yourselves for the hundreds of kids going up and down them.

You look at each other, and you start counting, “1, 2, 3!” And you enter the battlefield of life or death. You try to squeeze past the schoolkids going to class but you just can’t fit through. You almost fall to the ground but Zelo manages to catch you. He holds your shoulders firmly but not enough that it hurts, your cheeks heat up. Dammit, seriously again? You stay in that position and you manage to stop yourself from falling again, Zelo was a giant so he could see above everyone else and easily navigate through the crowd. You manoeuvre him through the crowd to your next room, where you were the first people to arrive.

You stand inside the room with Zelo’s arm still around your shoulders. You look at him and mutter, “Umm, Zelo… your arm…” he looks at you for a moment and then realising what he was still doing, takes his arm back. “U-uh… sorry about that,” he mumbles, scratching the back of his head again, “I guess we should take our seats?”

You smile at him, just to try and forget the awkwardness. Zelo seems to welcome it and smiles back, taking a seat at the back of the classroom with you following closely behind.

English goes on without any problems and Zelo copes with the lesson just fine, except for the reading parts. You help him whenever you can and explain things he didn’t understand all over again. You don’t mind though, it was fun.

Unexpectedly, the long awaited bell rings, signalling the end of the school day.

When you and Zelo step out of the room into the corridor you ask him, “Do you know where to go?”

“I know where, but I have no idea how to get there.”

“Ah, where is it then?”

“The bus bay next to Klein Avenue.”

“I’ll take you there then,” you say as you walk and signal Zelo to follow suit. He does and as you walk there, you thank the Lord there weren’t many students in the corridors anymore, they had probably all run to the bus bay.

You reach the bus bay and accompany Zelo to find the rest of B.A.P. The two of you find them and they wave at you. You wave back and you see them smirk at Zelo, who in turn turned baby pink in the face. You pat him on the shoulder, “Well, I have to get going now. See you tomorrow!” and you walk off to the direction of your house, which was a five-minute walk away from the school.

On the way home, you couldn’t get Zelo out of your head. His scent, firm arms, extremely kissable lips… Wait what? What the hell am I thinking?

You reach your house and unlock the door. You’re mum’s voice calls out from the kitchen, “Welcome home darling! How was school today?”

You laugh to yourself, “Quite interesting really.”

 


 

Well, I hope that chapter wasn't too boring :3 I really don't know where to go with this story (lol) but I have a few ideas in mind. Thanks to the subscribers T^T I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU. Like seriously, I want to just explode into A THOUSAND rainbow unicorns and hug you.

There's gonna be less boring stuff on the next few chapters so please be patient and wait for me! (Just because you people are that amazing and awesome and I want to hug you all)

Oh and by the way, the random Korean was GOTTEN OFF FROM AN ONLINE TRANSLATOR. Please also note that it is NOT Google Translate that I used. As much as I love Google, I just can't bring myself to use translate :P So I'm not sure if the Korean is right. If anyone knows, tell me please lol XD