Unforgettable Meeting

Classical Chains

 

JYP ENTERTAINMENT BUILDING

 

Linda rushes to the biggest bathroom stall and slams the door. She places her phone on top of the toilet paper dispenser and opens her purse. It then becomes a bottomless pit as she takes out a folded backpack, clothes, and sneakers and quickly changes, then shoves her dress, flats, and purse into her backpack. Snatching her phone, she swings her backpack over her shoulder, shoves the door open, and pauses to take a quick look in the mirror. Wearing a loose, green t-shirt, comfortable, baggy pants, her treasured accessory, and white sneakers, a sullen face stares back at her.

Walking out of the bathroom, she overhears some girls yapping their mouths about some girl escaping her audition. ! Walking calmly to the closest room, she enters what seemed to be an empty wardrobe/makeup room. Pacing room and forth, she tries to figure out a way to get out of the building without getting noticed. But how?

 

Hello! Earth to Linda! You’re surrounded by clothes. She goes through the rack of clothes, puts on a grey, cardigan hoodie, and takes a pair of sunglasses from the table of accessories. She ties her hair into a ponytail and then looks at her phone. Almost lunchtime. The trainees should be going out to eat by now. She slowly opens the door and pokes her head out. A group of trainees are already heading down the stairs. Linda puts her phone in the pocket of the cardigan and dashes towards the stairs. As soon as she got there, a flood of chatter filled her ears and astonishingly a musty, stench of sweat filled her nostrils. She awkwardly squeezes in between the congested crowd to blend in with them and as soon as they got out of the main entrance, Linda spotted two men in black suit and tie and avoided eye contact. Once the group got to the restaurant across the street, she broke away and ran to the park.

 

CHEONGDAM PARK

 

The sun blared through the opening of the rustling leaves; the shade unable to cool the suffocatingly, dry air. Few people are seen hanging around, probably others are enjoying their meals in a cool restaurant or just anywhere that’s not outside. But, there is an exception to the young man on the bench. A bead of sweat dribbled down from his forehead, along his hairline, to his long-pointed jawline. Killing time, he scans through the newspaper, when a short gust of wind gently ruffles the pages of his “entertainment.” He turns his head to see a young woman with her hands on her knees, gasping for air, as her backpack slides off her shoulder, hitting the floor. She takes the sweater from between the strap of her backpack wiping her drenched face after sliding the sunglasses on top of her head. She searches for her phone in the sweater; it’s empty. Now, how am I supposed to find where she’s at? This park’s huge! She notices the guy on the bench and walks towards him.

 

“Excuse me. Can I borrow your phone?” Linda asks bluntly.

“Umm…sure.” The guy said questionably as he hands her the phone. Linda snatches it and calls her friend.

 

“Kyungmi-ya, eodinya?

“Where else? I’ve been waiting for you forever and you don’t pick up your phone! Where are you?”

“At the park! I just came from JYP.”

“So, you’re at the entrance coming straight from there?”

“Yeah…why?

“Ugh. I’m on the other side of the park. Just stay there and I’ll come get you.”

“Okay. Bye.”

 

“Thank you.” As Linda hands back the phone, this time around, she notices his face up close. He has a diamond face with strong chiseled feature, high nose bridge, a long-pointed jawline, angled eyebrows, and deep-intense eyes. Those eyes gave a sense of warmth, kindness, and familiarity that made her feel like she’s not lonely.

 

“You’re welcome.” He gives her a smile, bringing her back to her senses. “By the way, my name’s Ok Taecyeon.” He puts out his hand.

 

“I’m Linda Park. Nice to meet you.” Shaking his hand, she notices two men in suits entering the park. One’s a tall, brunette Caucasian with a muscularly, broad upper body and the other was shorter, younger Korean with a lean body, who looked anxious compared to his calm partner.

 

Linda quickly plops onto the bench next to Taecyeon, gets the newspaper, and opens it frantically. “Grab the other end of the newspaper.”

“W-why?” Taecyeon looked confused.

“Just do it!” She whispers menacingly as they cover their faces.

 

Linda slowly peeks above the newspaper following the men’s movements. How did they find out I was at the park? And now, how am I going to get out of here?

 

Taecyeon fix his eyes on her worried face and then follows her gaze. So, she’s a trainee at JYP. I guess that’s why she looks familiar. But why are those guys looking for her? What did she do? Well, she does look like a trouble-maker.

 

Suddenly, the taller guy headed towards Linda and Taecyeon as the shorter one followed. “Is that the best you can do at hiding from us? I think you're losing your touch.” The bigger man pulls down the newspaper with one hand and dangles her phone in front of her face with the other. “You lost this.”

 

“Thanks.” Snatching her phone, she kicks him on his pelvis and as her staggers back in pain, Linda bolts out of the bench getting her backpack from the floor. The shorter man chases after as she tries to keep her distance. “Miss Park, we have to take you back. Miss Kyeong is waiting.” He pleaded to Linda as he finally catches up to her.

 

Meanwhile, Taecyeon finally snaps out of his dazed state and approaches the bigger man. “Hey! Can’t you see she doesn’t want to go with you? Just leave her alone.” Taecyeon glares at him but the bigger man didn’t take him seriously. “Stay out of this, kid. It’s none of your business.” He leaves Taecyeon dumbfounded to get Linda.

 

The shorter guy takes hold of her arm, but Linda elbows him in the gut with her other arm, turns around and knees him in the shin, and smacks his face with her backpack.” Sorry Jinyoung, you were asking for it.” With a smirk, she dashes back towards the entrance to escape, when the bigger man stampedes towards her. Without hesitation, he takes hold of Linda and hoists her up over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes, while she flails and curses at him in several, different tongues. Meanwhile, Kyungmi and 3 guys, who met coincidentally, walk into a chaotic scene while Taecyeon comes from the opposite direction.

 

“James!? What are you doing to Linda!?” Astonished, Kyungmi runs towards them.

“Hey! What gives you the right to take her!?” Taecyeon’s concern grows at Linda’s desperation to escape.

“Her bodyguard and I told you this doesn’t concern you.” James warningly tells him.

“Yeah, well, you're supposed to guard her, not kidnap her.” Kyungmi said with an annoyed voice.

 

Then, Jinyoung limped towards them with Linda’s backpack in one hand and the other pinching his oozing, red nose with the other. “Do you even know how much trouble she caused? She escaped her interview at JYP, kick James AND me, and probably broke my nose with her backpack!!” He said nasally while shaking the backpack.

“Aren’t you trained to defend yourself from enemies?”

ENEMIES! I didn’t expect I had to defend myself from her. Hurry up. I’ll meet you guys in the car.”

Kyungmi turns to face Linda bewildered. “Did he just say escaped? You told me you left. YOU ESCAPED YOUR INTERVIEW AT JYP!!? ARE YOU CRAZY!!!?” Her concern probably left everyone around her partially deaf.

“Well, what difference does it make?”

“What diffr-” Kyungmi was left speechless and just walked in the direction Jinyoung went, baffled by her friend as James and Linda, still on his shoulder, follow her.

 

Taecyeon and the 3 guys watch them leave the park, not able to process what just happened. The tall, goofball-looking one finally breaks the silence. “What was that about? How’d you get involved? And who…why…and you…Junho, Nichkhun, and I come to meet you and this happens? AISH! My head hurts.” He scratches his head in confusion.

 

“Chansung-ah, don’t hurt yourself. So Taec, who’s the girl?” Nichkhun pats Changsung’s shoulder and faces Taecyeon.

“All I know is that her name is Linda Park and from what I heard, she’s probably a new trainee at JYP and knows more that 2 languages.”

“So, are you going to introduce me to her? Junho approaches Taecyeon with high expectations.

“I can tell your not her type and she wouldn’t take a second look at you.” With that, Junho’s smile disappeared, crushing all hope.

 

Before all 4 left the park, something caught Taecyeon’s attention on the floor. He bends down to pick it up and puts it in his pocket. I guess things are going to get a lot more interesting at JYP

 

 

 

 

Hey guys! I'm SOOOO SORRY!!! I planned to write this chapter in a week or two after the first one but it's been over a MONTH!! I'm not much of a writer, so I got really bad writer's block. So, I started researching alot on creative writing, organizing my thoughts on paper, and researching Linda's personality to better portray her. I also was in the process of moving. My internet wasn't connected until last Friday! So, I sincerely apologize for the delay and I hope you keep reading the rest of this story. I'm planning it to be over 60 chapters...I got all 60 chapters and counting titled already. Hope you look forward to it. Also, please comment and suggest any advice on my writing. :)