Escape JYP

Classical Chains

JYP Entertainment Building - Outside of Conference Room

 
 
*tick tock tick tock tick tock*
11:32 AM
 
Uuughhh. I'm so BORED! How long are they gonna take? I have to leave.
 
Linda looks at her phone.
 
Heasung-ah don't forget we're meeting in Cheongdam Park at noon. Araso?
~Kyungmi
 
Linda was sitting in a chair restlessly waiting for her publicist Kyeong Minjung to finish some type of deal or arrangement for her to be part of this management. She didn't care what her publicist did for her, as long as Linda is able to do her job and leave as quickly as possible. Linda completely trusts Minjung; she's known her for so long, that they practically became friends. She motivates Linda and keeps her spirits up when she's frustrated. But there are times like this that drive her crazy.
 
"Ah. Screw it." She gets up and takes her peach-colored coach purse, with cellphone in hand, and walks to the nearest bathroom. On her way there, Linda bumps into a girl and drops her phone. 
 
"Omo. Joesonghaeyo."
"Ani. Gwaenchanhayo." Linda bends down to get her phone.
 
"Oh. You're outfit is so cute." Linda was wearing a  short-sleeved dress, with pink on top which had a black border on the square neck line, and with black on the bottom half, with a three-flower centered ribbon belt and black flats.
 
 
"Kamsahamnida." Linda gives a shy smile and bows.
 
"Are you a new trainee here?"
"I guess so."
"Welcome aboard. My name is Meng Jia. Oh, and this is Wang Fei. We're from China."
 
"Annyeonghaseyo." Fei said friendly as she bowed.
 
(Conversation in Chinese)
"Nice to meet you. My name is Linda Park."
"Are you from China, too? Wait, your name doesn't sound Chinese though."
"No. I'm from America; my father was American-Korean, and my mom was American-Mexican."
"How did you learn Chinese?"
"I went to China when I was young and learned Chinese from a teacher."
"Oh. Well, Fei and I have to go to practice. It was nice meeting you. Hope to see you around."
"Me, too. Bye."
 
Knowing others around her age were at this company made her more at ease. Maybe I won't ditch so often. With a smile on her face, Linda headed to the bathroom.
 
 
 
 
JYP Entertainment Building - Inside of Conference Room
 
 
A well-dressed woman in her late 20s was negotiating with a group made up of the president, some producers and composers, and corporate managers. They were all deliberating the casting of a new intern. The candidate was Linda. She's a world renown musical prodigy from the age of 7 for her incredible memory hearing and interpretation. She's able to play 9 instruments, but cello and piano are her forte. She's traveled around the world as America's, classical music representative. Now, Minjung has something in store for Linda.
 
"Now that you know her talents, you can see that she's more than qualified to be an intern at JYP Entertainment and learn about the music industry." Minjung said confidently looking at everyone at the table.
 
President Park Jinyoung was blown away by Linda's performance on the piano and the cello, but he did have some concerns about her. "Minjung-ssi, I can completely apprehend how talented Linda is, but does she know anything about kpop or music other than classical music? I mean, the type of music we make is completely different than classical music. Is she capable of composing lyrics that convey deep meaning into music? Linda is a successful musician, why is she here anyway?"
 
"Because she needs this. Linda has to get out of the world of classical music. If she doesn't, she's going to snap. She hasn't had the liberty to experiment her musical creativity and learn from other genres of music. I know that this is the place where all of you can help her. All of you will benefit from her because she has the potential of becoming an amazing producer." Minjung said with desperation with her voice.
 
"I would really love to have her. I'm curious at what she's capable of doing."
 
Park Jinyoung looks at everyone else at the table and receives nods from the others. "Okay, this is what we'll do. We'll program a schedule that won't interfere with her rehearsals, concerts, and appearances. Is she going to pursue her graduate degree?"
 
"I hope she does, but lately, I don't know what she's planning. She's becoming harder and harder to read." She said with a concerned look on her face.
 
"So, I think we should bring Linda in and talk with her about the arrangement and hopefully sign the contract."
 
With a smile on her face, Minjung got out of her seat and walked towards the door. She looks out to her right to find that the chair outside the office was empty. She puts her hand on her forehead in disappointment. Where did she go, now? Minjung takes out her phone to call for help. She knew it was a good idea bringing them here. Knowing Linda, this was bound to happen.
 
"James, Linda's trying to escape. FIND HER!"
"Yes, ma'am."
 
 
 
 
 

Hope you like it. Sorry there wasn't much of Linda; just wanted to show some of her background. Some of 2PM will appear in the next chapter. Feel free to give me advice on my writing to make this story better. Thanks for subscribing. Will update as soon as possible.