Surprise!

Baekhyun's Egg Hunt

A/N ~

Hi everyone!  For the sake of changing things up, I decided to put my author's note up here. :)  I just wanted to thank you readers for showing interest even before I had anything written up.  Because it's about midnight on Saturday my time, it's Easter Sunday soon around the world.  I really hope you enjoy the Baekyeol.  This is my first full-blast EXO fic. ^-^;;  Comments, subbies, upvotes are all loved!  Mostly comments though, because I really like to know what my readers are thinking! :DDD  I hope you enjoy!  Happy Easter, awesome readers! <333

 

February 14th - Valentine's Day

On Valentine's Day after their shift at Exotic Cafe was over, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were way too exhausted to go anywhere extravagant and out of the way.  Instead, they opted to have their first public date in the very cafe they worked at.  At this point, majority of the workers already knew about the ongoing feelings that have developed between the two, but they opted to not say anything.  In fact, a happy owner with a childish crush on his host was a happy restaurant.  Baekhyun couldn't afford to be upset while being gaga over his employee, and the employees knew that.

 

Their first meal together consisted of the two boys ordering for each other.  It seems they noticed each other so much, that each male knew what the other's "usual" was.  After the order was taken by their waiter and coworker Kyungsoo, there was an awkward silence looming over them.  By the time Baekhyun and Chanyeol's meals had come, very few words were exchanged between the two.  The two ate in that continued silence, despite being able to hold proper conversations in the past.  Once they finished eating, Baekhyun insisted on taking the bill.  After a few minutes of arguing about the bill, Chanyeol gave in and sneakily handed Kyungsoo a few extra dollars of tip.

 

As the two males exited the cafe, Chanyeol was about to walk toward his car.  The awkward meal together hadn't quite been what he'd expected.  He thought that because they were so comfortable as coworkers and even friends, there was no way they'd be this awkward together as something more.  As Chanyeol was ready to part ways for the day, Baekhyun intervened.

 

"Thank you for today.  I had a really great time."  Baekhyun smiled lightly, as he ran his fingers through his hair nervously.  He didn't quite know what to expect, now that their time together was almost over.  When he sensed that Chanyeol wasn't about to say anything, he sighed and looked down at his feet in defeat.  "I guess I'll see you at work tomorrow?"  Baekhyun didn't mind continuing to look from afar, as if nothing happened between the two.  He managed to do that for majority of the time that Chanyeol was working there anyway.

 

"Wait..." Chanyeol reached an arm out to grab Baekhyun by the wrist.  He pulled his boss-crush into a hug and kissed him on the cheek.  He noticed a faint pink lace Baekhyun's cheeks at his action.  He smiled and chuckled softly to himself.

 

Baekhyun looked up at the taller male, taking note that the same pink had laced his cheeks as well.  "Does that mean you had a great time too?"

 

"Of course, Baekkie.  I mean, I guess I just..." Chanyeol glanced at his Valentine, "I didn't think we'd talk so little."

 

Baekhyun sighed and giggled at the same time, realizing he wasn't the only one who found their dinner together completely awkward.  "We've only seen each other as coworkers and friends, Yeollie.  Being, you know, is new to us."

 

"You know?"

 

"You know, like, well, a couple."  Baekhyun shifted his position uneasily, still in Chanyeol's arms.

 

Chanyeol's eyes widened.  "A couple?"  At that reaction, Baekhyun's eyes also widened.  He didn't quite expect that moment to be so weird.

 

"Er, well," Baekhyun released himself from Chanyeol, "at least if you're okay with it."  Baekhyun trailed off, suddenly losing a bit of confidence.

 

"I never thought you'd see me like that." 

 

Chanyeol was suddenly wearing the brightest smile Baekhyun had ever seen.  Not that Baekhyun never noticed Chanyeol and his constant smiles at the cafe.  There was a reason he was nicknamed the happy virus.

 

 

 

March 14th - Baekyeol Monthaversary

Baekhyun came into work completely stressed out.  There were plans for the Exotic Cafe to be launching a global franchise in China by summer.  Because of this, Baekhyun has been working nonstop, having had less than 20 hours of sleep over the course of the whole week.  The owner had lost track of what day it was.  Heck, one day he didn't even realize he'd come into work wearing only his boxers.  Luckily for him, only he and Kyungsoo were present.

 

Baekhyun sleepily waved hello to his employees, as he waved Kyungsoo to hand him a cup of coffee.  Kyungsoo was his right hand man in the restaurant, especially now that his previous one has been bumped up to boyfriend status.

 

"Er, Baek, do you know what today is?"

 

"Uh, Tuesday?"

 

"No, it's actually a Thursday."

 

Baekhyun wasn't in the mood for any of these games.  "Why ask if you already knew, pabo?"

 

"It's you and Chanyeol's monthaversary."

 

"What the hell is a monthaversary?"  The zombie-like male took a sip of his coffee, hoping it'd take effect immediately.  He secretly thought it worked, since the moment after he spoke those words, his eyes widened.  "Oh, !  It's been a month?!  We've been together a month and I didn't plan anything?!  Damnit, I'm such a bad boyfr-"

 

"Calm down, Baek."  Kyungsoo shook the diva-like male's shoulders, staring at his manager with a mixture of awe and worry.  He hadn't ever seen Baekhyun look so out of it.  "We won't even know if Chanyeol re-"

 

"Good morning everyone!"  Chanyeol waltzed his way into the cafe with a wide grin on his face.  In his hands he held what looked like a handmade book.  What was between those covers remained to be unseen.  As Chanyeol's smile took on a butterfly effect, his eyes caught a glimpse of a certain dead tired manager.

 

"Baekkie!"

 

"Hey Chanyeol."  Baekhyun spoke in an apologetic tone laced with exhaustion.  He let out a big yawn and set his coffee mug down, as he hugged his boyfriend.

 

"Baekkie, are you alright?  You look super out of it right now!"  Chanyeol questioned his boyfriend worriedly, realizing that he'd never witnessed the male look so...not there. 

 

Chanyeol had been working afternoons and evenings all week, and due to Baekhyun's meetings and his morning schedule, the two hadn't seen each other since the week prior.  Baekhyun made it routine to call Chanyeol in the evenings when the latter himself was just as exhausted.  The manager didn't want his boyfriend to start worrying about him and his lack of sleep.  However, not realizing what day it was, he definitely hadn't expected Chanyeol to swing by before the cafe opened.  The poor boy worked until 10:00 pm last night, and here he was at 5:00 am seeming as happy and wide awake as ever.

 

"I-I'm fine Yeollie."  Baekhyun managed a tired smile at his boyfriend.

 

The taller realized this was a lie, but decided to push those thoughts aside.  "Good, do you know what today is?"  His grin was so contagious that he managed to make Baekhyun giggle softly.  Chanyeol shifted awkwardly, as he suddenly placed his hands behind his back, attempting to hide the already seen book.

 

"Yes it's-"

 

"Pi day!"

 

"Huh?"  Baekhyun gave his boyfriend a puzzled look, as an eavesdropping Kyungsoo spat out a bit of coffee in laughter.

 

"You know, pi?  3.14?  The thing with the two vertical lines and the squiggly on top?  Oh come on, don't tell me you haven't heard of pi day!"  Chanyeol was letting his inner nerd shine, as Baekhyun still gave the taller an expressionless face.

 

"Ah never mind, Baekkie."  Chanyeol blushed, realizing that the only person who apparently caught on was Kyungsoo.  "Happy monthaversary though."  Chanyeol sheepishly handed Baekhyun the handmade book.  Baekhyun gave Chanyeol a look that the latter had never seen before.  His boyfriend looked sorry.  He looked guilty, as if he had done something wrong.

 

"Thank you, Yeollie."  Baekhyun looked up at his boyfriend as his eyes glistened, holding back tears.  He blinked once, but one tear managed to escape his eyes.

 

"Baekhyun?"

 

"Hm?"

 

"What's wrong?"  Chanyeol grabbed his boyfriend into a warm embrace as the shorter tensed up at this action.  Never had Baekhyun reacted like this from a hug by Chanyeol.  Something was definitely wrong.  At this moment, Kyungsoo opted to walk way, as it was not his place to continue listening.  He figured if Baekhyun needed him...well, they worked together, so it wouldn't be an issue to contact him for some venting later in the day.

 

As Baekhyun took note of his friend walking away, he sighed in disappointment.  "Chanyeol, we need to talk."

 

Chanyeol let go of Baekhyun, as his eyes widened in sheer terror.  The taller had watched a few too many movies and television shows to realize what those words meant.  Is he breaking up with me?!  "O-okay, Baekkie."

 

Baekhyun dragged Chanyeol outside, into the exact spot those delivery boys were able to bring Baekhyun and Chanyeol together exactly one month ago.  The manager twiddled his thumbs, as he stared at the ground aimlessly, not knowing how to word the fact that he'd forgotten their monthaversary.  Though, to his defense, he didn't even realize today's date.

 

However, Chanyeol was the first to speak.  "Baekhyun, are you breaking up with me?"  His voice cracked.  In a moment of panic, the taller started to bite his lower lip nervously.  He definitely had been blind-sided.  Sure they weren't the picture perfect couple that had lived together and slept together in the same home.  They were only together for one month, but Chanyeol thought that those days were the happiest days he'd seen in awhile.

 

"N-no I'm not breaking up with you Chanyeol!"  Baekhyun cried, completely shocked that his boyfriend would say such a thing.  "Why would you think that?!"

 

The taller heaved a sigh of relief.  "I just, I don't know!  You brought me out here and er, yeah.  You know, the whole we need to talk thing."

 

Despite his sadness, Baekhyun managed a small chuckle.  "No, you pabo.  Nothing like that."  As his smile faded, Baekhyun continued.  "I do need to tell you something though."

 

Chanyeol gave a confused look to his boyfriend.  The way he said things almost sounded like an apology.  "Go on."

 

"I, uh, kind of," Baekhyun sighed as he nervously ran his fingers through his hair, "forgot what today was."

 

The taller's face relaxed slightly.  Though he was a bit hurt, in his mind, it was a far less serious offense than a break up.  "Is that all?"  Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun into a hug again.  This time, just like any other, he felt his boyfriend relax in his arms.

 

"I don't want to make up excuses, but I even thought today was Tuesday," Baekhyun uttered.

 

"Huuuh?"

 

"I'm so sorry, Yeollie.  It's just, with the cafe's expansion, I've been so caught up with work.  I haven't had a decent amount of sleep all week, and it just might start getting worse.  I had Kyungsoo help me with some things, but I just-"

 

"You mean Kyungsoo knew, and I didn't?"  This time, Chanyeol spoke as if he had been betrayed.  He knew the pair had become closer, now that he and Baekhyun had become official, but deep down, Chanyeol's insecurities told him he'd have a little competition to worry about.

 

"Chanyeol, it's not like that, I swear!" Baekhyun spoke defensively, "It's just work-related.  We didn't want you to have to worry."

 

"Really, Baekhyun?" Chanyeol's eyes started to water.  "More than anything, I want to be the one that you can tell anything to.  I want to be there in your time of need, and I want to trust that you'd be there in mine.  But you can't even tell me these things, and even go to another guy for help?"

 

Although Baekhyun really wanted to be understanding, his lack of sleep was getting the better of him.  "Oh my God, Chanyeol, seriously?  I want to keep you from worrying and I want you to have a good night's rest and this is how you see me?!  I can't take this right now."

 

"Oh, so now you're breaking up with me?  Great, I told you.  I saw this coming from a mile away.  Those movies are always right!"  Chanyeol flailed his arms up in the air in defeat.  He sputtered, as if he was currently more angry than hurt.

 

Baekhyun put his hands on his hips.  "Do you want me to?  It seems like this whole time, that's all you're worried about.  Did you ever think that maybe, just MAYBE, if you kept saying these things, it'd actually happen?!"

 

"I just need a minute okay?" 

 

Chanyeol walked away, attempting to catch himself before any other stupid words came out of his mouth.  At the same time, Baekhyun held the bridge of his nose, as he inhaled deeply, trying to calm himself down.  He hadn't expected anything like this to happen, and he definitely didn't want to lose his boyfriend.  He noticed Chanyeol about twenty steps away.  He walked toward his taller boyfriend whose back was facing him and hugged him at the waist unexpectedly.

 

As if he did a complete 180 degree turnaround, Baekhyun mumbled, "I'm sorry Yeollie."

 

As Chanyeol removed Baekhyun's arms, the taller turned around with tears staining his face.  "I'm sorry too."

 

"Chanyeol, why are you crying?"  The shorter lifted himself on tiptoes to wipe his boyfriend's tears away.

 

"To answer your question, no I don't want to lose you."  The boy shifted his feet awkwardly, as he looked at his boyfriend in the eyes.  "I just...I'm not very confident.  When I see you, I think you are the most perfect guy in the world, and that anyone would be lucky to have you, yet you chose-"

 

Baekhyun silenced his boyfriend with his lips.  After a few seconds, the shorter pulled away.  "Don't you dare finish that sentence, Yeollie."

 

"Well you did, you chose-," Chanyeol challenged.

 

Another kiss was placed on Chanyeol's lips.  "Aish, pabo.  Stop saying those things.  I could say the exact same about you."  The look on Chanyeol's face was slightly stunned.  Realizing he had rendered his boyfriend speechless, Baekhyun continued with what he had to say.  "Anyway, as I was saying earlier.  Yeollie, I'm sorry I forgot what today was.  I promise I'll make it up to you."

 

Chanyeol looked genuinely surprised.  "Oh yeah?  How?"

 

 

 

 

 

March 30th - Preparations

Baekhyun had decided to close the restaurant on Easter Sunday as part of his master plan.  He hired his top employees to help him prepare for the special day.  Baekhyun purposely decided to withhold the information about the cafe being closed, just so Chanyeol's normal Sunday routine would be followed.  Baekhyun took note of Chanyeol's exact routine on a piece of paper, in an attempt to make sure his plan would go perfectly.  He made sure to cross off anything that wasn't overly important within his plan.

 

Chanyeol's Schedule: Sundays

 

7:30 am - Breakfast

8:15 am - Work out at gym

9:30 am - Jog at park

10:30 am - Grocery shopping

11:30 am - Shower

12:30 pm - Pick up Baekhyun for lunch

2:00 pm - Start work

6:30 pm - Dinner break

10:00 pm - End work

11:30 pm - Call Baekhyun

12:00 am - Bedtime

 

 

 Baekhyun smiled as he looked at the list.  He knew that Kyungsoo would be coming in a few minutes to help him with more preparations.  Although Chanyeol still had his insecurities about Kyungsoo, he had come to realize that the latter was not a threat.

 

Knock knock knock.

 

"Yah, it's open!"

 

Kyungsoo flung open the door, as each of his hands were occupied with a plastic bag.  One bag held a ten-pack of plastic eggs, each radiating its own vibrant color.  Kyungsoo's other bag held stickers and colored post-it notes.  The stickers were to decorate each egg, while the post-it notes were small enough to fit into an egg.  Kyungsoo placed both bags on Baekhyun's living room table, along with all other sorts of junks that his manager had taken out for this special surprise.  Kyungsoo cringed slightly at the mess, but sighed in defeat knowing this wasn't his house.

 

"Baek, I still don't understand.  What are you doing?"  Kyungsoo snickered under his breath, realizing that all this was quite an extravagant event to do.

 

"I want to do something special for Chanyeol."  Baekhyun was too distracted writing on a hard-boiled egg to go into significant detail.

 

"Oookay, you have gone off the deep end.  You must really like this guy, huh?"

 

"Yep.  Now sit so we can start."

 

"At least say please."

 

"Shut up."

 

"I'm the one helping you."

 

"Whatever.  Leave then."

 

"Aish, Baekhyun.  So ungrateful."  Kyungsoo shook his head smiling.

 

The boys were enjoyably decorating eggs, both plastic and hardboiled, when Baekhyun's phone went off.  The male hurriedly went to answer the phone and took the call in his room.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hi Baekkie!"

 

"Hey, Chanyeol.  What's up?"

 

"The sky, silly!" 

 

Baekhyun could feel Chanyeol's grin through the phone after that comment.  "You got me there."  Baekhyun and Chanyeol chuckled in unison.

 

"Anyway, I was just calling to see if you were busy?"

 

"Mm, actually Yeollie, I kind of am today.  I have to finish up some of the proposal stuff with the China franchise," Baekhyun lied.

 

"Oh, darn.  I was bored and was wondering if you wanted to have lunch.  Maybe another time then."

 

"I'm sorry.  I promise I'll make it up to you."  Baekhyun spoke in apologetic tone.

 

"Mmhmm.  Araso.  I'll hang up first then."  And with that, Chanyeol hung up the phone, letting Baekhyun finish whatever work stuff he had to do.

 

Ever since the monthaversary incident, Baekhyun and Chanyeol haven't had an argument.  Chanyeol couldn't quite say that this was a blessing, since part of why they haven't argued was because Baekhyun's been too busy with work.  Chanyeol couldn't help but to feel he was no longer a priority in his boyfriend's life.  It's not so much that he expected to be first priority.  Rather, he still remembered Baekhyun telling him he'd make it up to him.  Part of Chanyeol felt that those were empty promises, but he decided that he'd give Baekhyun the benefit of the doubt.  Chanyeol knew above all, that after the expansion of the Chinese franchise during the summer, Baekhyun's schedule would clear up.  At least, that's what he had hoped.

 

 

March 31st - Chanyeol's Surprise

Chanyeol woke up at 7:00 and decided to prepare breakfast.  He rummaged his refrigerator for some kimchi and decided he wanted to have a hardboiled egg along with his veggies.  Just as he was about to heat the stove, he heard a knock at his door.  What the hell kind of a salesman comes around at this hour?! Chanyeol thought, as he opted to ignore the knock.  The knocking continued for a second round as Chanyeol filled up a pot with water.  He frustratingly turned the stove off and decided he'd give the salesman a piece of his mind.

 

Chanyeol unlatched the door and shouted, "No thank you, I don't want-," and as he faced the door, he scrunched his face in confusion.  "Kyungsoo?  What are you doing here?  How do you know where I live?!"

 

"Baekhyun told me."

 

"Oh, figures!"  Chanyeol laughed at himself for not putting two and two together.

 

"Anyway, we had to finish preparations yesterday, but Baekhyun felt bad, so he wanted me to give you these."  Kyungsoo handed Chanyeol a tray of eggs.  "He said hardboiled is your favorite, so he already did that part for you."

 

"Oh, thank you!"  Chanyeol beamed, realizing he could save some time by avoiding boiling his own eggs.

 

"Also, Baekhyun added a little twist to these eggs."  Kyungsoo smiled, making sure not to say too much.

 

"Huh?  What do you mean?"  Chanyeol was about to lift open the tray, only to be stopped by Kyungsoo.

 

"No, not yet.  It's not time."  Kyungsoo grabbed the tray's lid and pulled it in a downward motion.  After he did that, the shorter male reached into his pocket and pulled out a packaged egg dye.  "This was the twist."

 

"Sooo, Baekhyun wants me to color eggs all by my lonesome self?" Chanyeol pouted at Kyungsoo.

 

"Oh, no no!  Baekhyun wrote a little message on each of the hardboiled eggs.  He even labeled them.  Though I have to warn you that he told me you must dye each egg only when it's instructed okay to do so."

 

"So when's the part where Baekhyun magically pops in and surprises me?" Chanyeol chimed hopefully.

 

"Er, sorry Chanyeol...Baekhyun isn't here.  It's still a normal Sunday, so Baekhyun had to manage the cafe."

 

Chanyeol stared at the ground gloomily, then forced a smile to his face.  "Ah well, at least he thought of me today."

 

"You two are really lucky to have each other, you know."  Kyungsoo patted the taller's shoulder before turning away.  "Also, we, er, HE wanted to apologize.  There was only pink dye left."

 

Chanyeol smiled at Kyungsoo's awkward fumbles of words.  As they said their goodbyes, Chanyeol gently closed the door and headed toward the kitchen.

 

The tall male grabbed a cup, knowing he'd have to dye an egg right now.  He lifted the tray, but to his dismay, there were only two hardboiled eggs, labeled "1" and "2" with permanent black ink.  Chanyeol grabbed egg "1" and dunked it into the prepared dye.

 

After about half a minute of it soaking, Chanyeol grew impatient and dug out the egg with his fingers.  As he noticed the egg only had a faint tinge of pink, he grunted and sunk the egg for a second time.  He decided he'd eat a couple bites of kimchi while waiting for the egg to soak in a vibrant pink color.

 

About a minute later, he pulled the egg out and was pleased at the color.  However, he had noticed the writing and read it aloud. 

 

Open orange egg.

 

Chanyeol looked at the tray and gasped, noticing there was only one orange egg in the tray.  Chanyeol quickly grabbed the orange egg and removed the green star that sealed the egg shut.  He pulled open the top of the egg and unfolded the yellow post-it note he found hidden within the egg.

 

I told you I'd make it up to you, Yeollie. 

Please have fun with this game!  Dye egg "2" now.

 

Chanyeol smiled, recognizing his boyfriend's handwriting.  Realizing that this game was created by Baekhyun for himself made some of his worried thoughts from the previous night go away.  He excitedly dyed the second egg.

 

While the egg was soaking in its color, Chanyeol quickly finished the rest of his kimchi.  He had also eaten the first egg, since he was still hungry and craving a hardboiled egg.  As the second egg was done being colored, he pulled it out with his bare fingers yet again.

 

Find Kyungsoo.

 

Chanyeol was utterly confused at the instructions.  He literally just saw Kyungsoo not more than half an hour ago.  Now he had to find him?  He decided the best way to get a hold of Kyungsoo would be to call him.  The tall male swiftly grabbed his cell phone and dialed.  He gave a puzzled glance, as outside his door, he heard music playing.  I wanna be a billionaire so... and the music abruptly stopped.

 

"I'm outside."  -click-

 

Chanyeol looked at his cell phone with a puzzled glance.  He opened his door slowly, as if he were opening his closet and a monster would pop out at any moment.  When his door was fully open, he saw Kyungsoo.  In a confused manner, he asked, "How long have you been out here?"

 

"Not long.  You're coming with me though.  Oh, and bring the eggs."

 

"What?!  Why?" Chanyeol gave a bewildered look at Kyungsoo, completely lost at the situation at hand.

 

"Don't worry about it, Chanyeol.  Baek planned everything.  Please just enjoy your day."

 

"Uhm, okay."  Chanyeol looked back toward his unclean kitchen, causing Kyungsoo to look back.  Chanyeol started to close the door.

 

"Aish!"  Kyungsoo's remark startled the poor taller male.

 

"What?!"

 

"We need to clean your kitchen first.  We can't leave with it looking like that."  Kyungsoo barged into Chanyeol's apartment and put everything away.  Kyungsoo immediately began cleaning.  He cleaned so quickly, Chanyeol almost thought Kyungsoo was a robot.  It took Kyungsoo no more than seven minutes to leave Chanyeol's kitchen sparkling white.  "Okay, let's go to the gym!"

 

Chanyeol stared at Kyungsoo with a blank expression.  "How did you...?"

 

"Baek knows you very well.  I'll leave it at that!"  Kyungsoo skipped out of Chanyeol's apartment, as the two walked to the gym two blocks away.

 

The taller walked with the carton of eggs in his hand.  As they were about to walk in, Kyungsoo abruptly stopped outside.  "This is where my job comes to an end."  Kyungsoo bowed and walked away, fumbling with something on his phone.  Kyungsoo turned around again.  "Oh, and Chanyeol?  Remember, you have to stick to your normal routine.  Otherwise, Baekhyun will not be pleased."

 

Chanyeol stared in confusion.  He was just a little freaked out at the shorter male's final sentence.  He watched Kyungsoo disappear.  Suddenly, there were footsteps coming from behind him.

 

"Hey Chanyeol!"  A familiar voice from behind him uttered, while he was facing his shorter coworker.  Chanyeol jumped and turned around, immediately welcome by yet another coworker.

 

"Siwon?!"

 

"Don't act so surprised to see me at a gym, Yeollie."  Siwon smirked at his dongsaeng-slash-coworker.  Siwon was one of Exotic Cafe's assistant night managers.  "Oh are those the eggs?  You'd better let me hold onto them."  At that, Siwon hastily snatched the carton from Chanyeol's grip.

 

"What are you doing?! Those are for-"

 

"Me.  That is, until you complete your challenge."

 

"What?!"  Chanyeol gasped, "And how does this have anything to do with you?!"

 

"Tch, stop being so rude.  Here, open this egg."  Siwon lifted the lid of the carton and tossed Chanyeol a blue egg decorated with five gold stars.

 

"What the," Chanyeol fumbled the egg a couple times before catching it.  "Watch it, hyung!"

 

"Open it!"

 

Chanyeol reluctantly obeyed his hyung.

 

If you're reading this, I take it Siwon found you. 

Don't worry.  The coworkers you run into are just coincidence.

You may open the yellow egg with pink hearts now.

 

"Uhm, hyung, Baekkie said to open the yellow egg."

 

Siwon looked at him while trying to recall manager Baekhyun's information.  He nodded with a warm smile.  "Here you go."

 

As Chanyeol received the yellow egg with pink sparkly hearts and opened it in excitement, while a large smiled was pasted on his face.

 

Siwon's locker hides some fun,

Locker number two-four-one.

Ask your hyung for his combo,

Once you get it, off you go.

 

Chanyeol couldn't help but to giggle at his boyfriend's so-called rhyming skills.  He wondered if all of his riddles would be rhymes and he was overjoyed to complete his quests.  He folded the paper and placed it in the egg.  "Hyung we need to go to your locker.  Baekkie said there's something fun inside!"  Chanyeol dragged his flustered hyung, as he and Siwon headed toward the lockers.

 

Although Siwon refused to give Chanyeol his locker combination, he still opened his locker for Chanyeol, allowing the younger access into the locker.  Inside the locker sat a retro looking Polaroid camera.  Tied onto the camera was a pastel tag.

 

Take a picture with the person who helped complete your task(s).

The photo should include the person who helped you and the eggs you helped me with.

Once you finish your task with all TEN eggs, come to work.

Your deadline is 2:00 pm.  Don't be late.

 

Chanyeol hurriedly glanced at his watch.  8:45 am.  Yikes!  He had enough time to do some quick weight training before having to go for his jog.  Kyungsoo's eerily creepy words lingered in his mind.  Remember, you have to stick to your normal routine.  Otherwise, Baekhyun will not be pleased.  Chanyeol shook his head and headed over to lift weights for a bit.

 

At about 9:15, Chanyeol exited the gym.  To his dismay, Siwon followed along right behind him.

 

"Yeollie, where are you going?!"

 

"I'm going for a jog in the park."  Chanyeol gulped as he contemplated asking the following question.  "Wanna come with?"

 

Siwon smiled his dimpled smile.  "I'd love to, but this is where my job ends.  Good luck, Yeollie.  I'll see you later tonight."  Siwon bowed as he took his leave.  It seemed to Chanyeol that everyone was doing this lately. 

 

"Wait, Wonnie!  We need to take a picture."

 

"Oh, that's right."  Siwon chuckled under his breath, as he and Siwon posed for a selca with the two eggs.  Once the picture was taken, a polite Siwon bowed yet again and took his leave.

 

The tall male breathed a relieved sigh, since he finally had some time to-

 

"Hey Channie!"  A short dinosaur-like male started making his way toward him.

 

"Oh, um, hey Jonghyun hyung."  Chanyeol smiled and waved awkwardly.  "How's it going?"

 

"Well since you made it here on time, it is going perfectly."  Jonghyun smiled as he patted the taller male's shoulder.  "Purple egg, blue swirly stickers.  Open it please."

 

I see you found the dino.  Your next task remains untold unless you ask him yourself.

 

Chanyeol crumpled the post-it and placed it into the purple egg.  He was kind of hoping things would be a little more straight forward this time around.  Sighing, he looked back at Jonghyun's face and forced a smile.  "Hyung, I need to know what to do next."

 

"Tsk tsk tsk, not so fast Channie!"  Jonghyun smirked as he his chin.  Let's go for a jog.  The shorter looked up to the taller male, as he witnessed the latter nod in defeat.  They jogged for about fifteen minutes, when Jonghyun strategically stopped at a tree, seemingly completely out of breath.

 

"Wow hyung, you're out of shape!" Chanyeol teased, as he turned around to meet up with his hyung who was a few yards away.

 

"Shut it, little boy." Jonghyun glared.  "Or else, I'll have to call your precious Baekkie."  Jonghyun cackled evilly, still inhaling heavy breaths.

 

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry."  Chanyeol was beside Jonghyun by now.

 

"Thank you, pabo."  Jonghyun teased.  "Besides, I stopped here for a reason.  Does this tree look familiar?" 

 

Chanyeol glanced at the tall tree surrounded by sand and rocks.  He squinted while staring, hoping that it'd reactivate his memory.  Unfortunately, to no avail, the tall male muttered under his breath, "No, it doesn't look familiar.  Well, I mean I jog past it weekly, but I never actually stopped and stared at it like this."

 

Jonghyun chuckled.  "I didn't think so.  Anyway, I got a story for you.  This is where Baekhyun and I first met, back when we were in elementary school."

 

For whatever reason it was, Chanyeol started to feel insecure again.  He realized they were childhood friends, but for someone to remember such detail about a friendship?  The tall male realized he had issues, but continued to listen.

 

Jonghyun, sensing the taller male's sudden change in mood, decided to poke some fun at the situation at hand.  "This is where I first found out I loved Baekhyun."

 

Chanyeol's eyes widened in horror, but before he could speak, a talkative Jonghyun burst out in laughter.  He couldn't be bothered to pretend he was interested in males, let alone Byun Baekhyun.  "Channie, I was just kidding.  This was where we used to have our breakfast Sundays.  As Jonghyun sensed the taller would continue to just listen, the shorter male continued.  "You see, when we were in elementary school, our parents would bring us to the park every Sunday morning.  Before we'd play, our moms would buy us the best American breakfast ever from a vendor who would park himself right under this very tree."

 

Chanyeol stared at the area in awe.  "Bacon and eggs, I assume?"

 

Jonghyun rolled his eyes.  "Naw, kimchi and tofu, pabo."  Jonghyun spoke sarcastically, causing the taller to roll his eyes as well.  "Really though, this was where Baekhyun realized that one day he'd like to bring westernized foods to Korea.  And look at that, however many years later, it became a dream come true."

 

The taller male's eyes glistened.  He had a sudden urge to express pride toward his boyfriend.  He was so proud that his boyfriend made a goal and followed that goal to make his dream come true.  Chanyeol warmly smiled and said, "Thank you for that story, hyung."

 

"That's not all, Channie."  Jonghyun smiled menacingly, ready to tell him what his task was.  Out of his pocket, he unveiled a pocket knife.

 

"Whoa, hyung.  What are you going to do with that?"  The tall male gulped in fear, as if he expected to be stabbed and cut into smithereens.

 

"Here."  Jonghyun gave Chanyeol the knife.

 

"What, what do you want me to do with this?!"

 

"Your next task is in the green egg with floral stickers.  Open it and you'll know what to do."  Jonghyun stood there statically and continued to grin at the taller confused male as the taller reached into his egg carton and opened the green egg.

 

B + C

On the tree

= You and me.

 

Chanyeol chuckled at yet another riddle that exposed Baekhyun's rhyming skills.  He looked at the paper and within his heart, he knew exactly what to do.  The knife Jonghyun gave the taller male was to carve B + C on the tree.  However, why Baekhyun made Chanyeol did this remained to be unknown.  Chanyeol instinctively did what his riddle told him to do and smiled at the near perfect carving of his and his boyfriend's initials.

 

"Yah!  It looks so cute, Channie!  This is where my job ends, so I am on my way."  The shorter was about to leave when a voice stopped him.

 

"Wait, hyung!  Can I take a picture with you and my eggs?"

 

"Sure Channie!  Why don't we also take an individual picture of you with the tree?  It's so cute!"  Jonghyun gushed like a woman on a shopping spree.  The males finished taking their photos and Chanyeol told Jonghyun that he had to run to the grocery store before heading home to shower.  They bid each other farewell, as Chanyeol walked about five blocks to the supermarket.

 

During the five blocks, Chanyeol enjoyed the peace and quiet he failed to receive in the company of his coworkers.  Don't get him wrong, Chanyeol loved his coworkers like brothers, but sometimes they were just too much.  He really liked not having some time to him-

 

"Park Chanyeol!  Is that you?"

 

Oh no, not again.  Chanyeol mentally facepalmed, reminding himself to quit thinking about how lucky he was to finally have some peace and quiet.

 

"Oh heeey, Joonmyun.  Long time no see!"  Chanyeol forced a smile, though he seriously wished to be alone at the moment.

 

"I'll say.  Since you never work mornings anymore, how are we supposed to catch up?"  Joonmyun fake pouted.

 

"How are the morning shifts anyway?  Still having to host those annoying high school kids before school?"  Chanyeol tried to make small talk.

 

"Actually, I'm the representative chosen to work closely with the Chinese franchise owner, so my job's been taken over for the time being,"  Joonmyun smiled.  "Some high school dropout named Jongin, or something."  Joonmyun frowned a bit, realizing he was completely off task.  "Anywayyy, Baekhyun told me you have a task with me.  Please open the red plastic egg."  Chanyeol obeyed, still having fun with these tasks that his boyfriend had him do.

 

Buy three things that represent yourself.

I've been so busy, I don't know you as well as I should.

 

Chanyeol looked around the supermarket in awe.  What three objects in the market could possibly represent me?  He walked from aisle to aisle grabbing his three objects.  He mentally thanked the Lord above for shopping at a market that didn't only sell food.  He quickly rounded up his three objects, paid for them, and met Joonmyun outside.  Joonmyun excitedly turned toward the taller.  "Sooo, what'd you buy?!" 

 

"It's a secret, but I'll let you feel that there are three things here," Chanyeol smirked, seeing the older male's face fall.  "Do I get my next egg then, hyung?"

 

"Yeah yeah, fine.  You can open the turquoise egg next."  Chanyeol clapped like a kid in a candy store and quickly lifted the carton's lid to open another egg.

 

Have Joonmyun walk you home safely.  You will take your next selca there.

 

Chanyeol once again mentally facepalmed at his next task.  Once again, people were butting into his alone time.  He smiled with a hint of irritation and cleared his throat.  "Erm, hyung, can you walk me home?"

 

Joonmyun lifted an eyebrow, although in the back of his mind, he knew that this was a required task.  "Sure!  Just show me the way."

 

The two walked in awkward silence and reached Chanyeol's apartment at 11:45 am.  They were running a bit late, so once they arrived at the house, Chanyeol quickly got the items required for Joonmyun's task, took the selca, and elder male bowed as he took his leave.  Finally, it was silent.  Chanyeol decided he'd need to text Baekkie to let him know he'd be a little late for lunch.

 

Me --> My Baekkie: I'm running late for lunch.  So sorry, Baekkie! >.<''

 

While Chanyeol was getting ready to shower, he held his phone beep.  He went to go and read the response, feeling that in his heart, it was his boyfriend.

 

My Baekkie --> Me: It's okay, Yeollie!  Just come when you can :)

 

With that response, he decided to hurry up and take a shower.  While rinsing his body with the hot water, he thought about the eventful day he's had so far.  He couldn't believe that Baekhyun, his Baekhyun, would do so much for him.  He suddenly was hit with a bit of guilt.  Chanyeol couldn't believe that he thought he wasn't a priority in Baekhyun's life.  A single tear was washed away with the water, as the male stepped out of the steamy shower.  He wiped himself off, as he got dressed for work.  He pulled on a pastel blue striped collared shirt along with dark blue jeans.  Rushing as quickly as he could, the tall male grabbed all his belongings, including everything from today's tasks, and rushed out of the door.  Before leaving, Chanyeol texted his boyfriend that he was leaving the house.

 

~~~~~

 

Yeollie baby<3 --> Me: Leaving now!  See you soon<3

 

With that, Baekhyun slipped his phone into his back pocket.  He clapped his hands to signal for everyone to pay attention to him.  "Okay, guys, Chanyeol is on his way.  In a few minutes, let's begin with the final plans."  He motioned to his new young employee.  "Jongin, you need to wait outside.  You're going to be part of the final plan."

 

"Alone?!  But hyung, I don't know what this Chanyeol guy looks like!" Jongin whined, pouting and catching the attention of a certain short male.

 

"Aish Jongin, I'm paying you for this,"  Baekhyun glared at the child, watching the younger walk out defeated.

 

"Baek, I'll wait with him," Kyungsoo intervened.  "Besides, at least I know what the boy looks like."

 

"Good point, Kyungsoo."  He motioned for the two to wait outside.

 

As the two males headed outside, Kyungsoo opened the door for the younger as the younger male flashed an alluring smile, causing the shorter male to blush.

 

As the two waited outside, Jongin broke the silence.  "So why exactly are we doing this?!"  Jongin fumbled with his phone, waiting impatiently.

 

"Well for one, Chanyeol makes Baekhyun happy.  A happy manager is a happy restaurant."  Kyungsoo smiled thinking about his friend.  "Also, the two really do have feelings for each other.  They're meant to be."

 

"Wow, hyung, you're quite the romantic." Jongin smirked, causing the other blush yet again.  Noticing the faint tinge of pink, Jongin continued, "Sooo, do you have a girlfriend?"

 

"Actually, I'm not into girls.  But no, I don't have a boyfriend."  Kyungsoo smirked back, this time making the younger male paint his cheeks in pink.

 

"Oh, sorry."  Jongin bit his lower lip.

 

"What about you?"  Kyungsoo looked at him curiously.

 

"Nah, no boyfriend."

 

"Ah, I see."  Kyungsoo smiled inside.  For some unknown reason, knowing that Jongin was into guys made him happier than he'd ever been in awhile.

 

"I'm not boyfriend material anyway," Jongin warned, seeing that Kyungsoo was starting to take interest.  Besides, Jongin was still underage.  There was no way anything could brew between the two.

 

The shorter felt his heart sink a bit.  "I don't know what you mean by-"

 

"Oh look, there's a guy over there.  Is that Chanyeol?"

 

Kyungsoo whirled around, taking note of the taller male heading in their direction.  That indeed was Chanyeol.  Pushing his feelings aside, he started entering the restaurant.  "Yep, that's Chanyeol.  I'm headed inside, since this is your part."  Kyungsoo pulled his full lips into a smile and turned away, not noticing the younger male smiling in return.

 

Chanyeol whistled as he walked his way toward the restaurant to pick up his boyfriend for lunch.  He instinctively brought his belongings with him and walked toward the door.  However, his entrance was delayed, when a slightly tanned male stared him down.  "Open the pink egg."

 

The tall male squinted at the unfamiliar face.  "Excuse me?  Sorry, but I don't know who you are."  Chanyeol bowed and was about to enter.

 

"Chanyeol hyung, please open your pink egg before you enter.  Baekhyun hyung told me to tell you that."

 

"Who are you?"

 

"My name is Kim Jongin."  The young male bowed an introduction.

 

"Nice to meet you, Jongin-sshi.  So I need to open another egg?"

 

Jongin nodded, and Chanyeol reached out to grab his pink egg.

 

Have our newest employee take a picture of you in front of the cafe.

 

Chanyeol showed the next task to Jongin.  The latter smiled and did his duty by taking a photo of Chanyeol and the restaurant.  He then had to take a selca of himself and Chanyeol with the pink egg.  Once the task was complete, Jongin opened the door for the taller male.  The taller male was still confused with the whole situation, especially because the cafe's sign read closed.  He did have to work in an hour or two, didn't he?

 

As he walked into the door, he looked at the completely empty cafe.  He turned toward Jongin in confusion, wondering why there weren't any customers.  Better yet, why weren't there any workers?!

 

Chanyeol walked toward where the host would be, but a familiar face popped up from behind the podium.  Chanyeol blinked a few times, before warmness embraced every single ounce of his body.  He placed his belongings aside and called out toward his boyfriend.  "Baekkie?"  His eyes glistened.  "What's going on?"

 

"We're closed today.  Surprise?"  Baekhyun tried to play it off cool, but just wanted to burst into excitement.

 

"Whaa, what do you mean closed?" 

 

After that statement, one by one, Chanyeol's coworkers started to pop out from the side doors.  He was surrounded by Kyungsoo, Siwon, Jonghyun, Joonmyun, and Jongin.

 

Chanyeol attempted to scratch his head, but a pair of warm hands pulled him close into a warm embrace.  Baekhyun released Chanyeol from his arms after a few moments and looked up at the pair of eyes that lured him in so well.  "Did you do what you were told, Yeollie?"

 

Like a child receiving a new toy, Chanyeol quickly ran toward his belongings and grabbed the Polaroids and the tray of eggs.  He pulled out each photograph chronologically.

 

"Siwon hyung helped with the blue and yellow eggs."  Chanyeol showed Baekhyun the photo for proof, as if the latter wouldn't believe a word he said.  "Pain-in-the- Jonghyun hyung," he turned to playfully glare at the boy while overemphasizing the hyung, "helped with the purple and green eggs.  Guessing it has to do with the fact that Barney is purple and green, right?"

 

That joke caused everyone in the room, except a fuming dinosaur to laugh hysterically.

 

"Oh, and this picture was of the tree I carved, see?"  Baekhyun's eyes watered in happiness, although Chanyeol didn't understand why.  He decided to wait on asking, since he didn't want to embarrass his boyfriend in front of his employees.  "This picture is with Joonmyun and the red and turquoise eggs.  Also there were three items you wanted me to buy, but I kept it a secret from Joonmyun.  He sure was salty after that!"  Chanyeol joked yet again, making all eyes go toward a flaming red Joonmyun.  "Finally, this one was with Jongin just a few minutes ago.  You also wanted me to take a picture with the restaurant, so here it is!"  Chanyeol smiled proudly, showing he completed every task listed.

 

"Yah, Chanyeol hyung!"  There was a whiny noise within the employees.  Suddenly Chanyeol realized who was speaking and covered his face in embarrassment.

 

"Kyungsoo!  I'm SO sorry!"  Chanyeol went to the slightly saddened boy and hugged him tight, earning slightly jealous stares from two males in particular.  "Take a picture with me and the orange egg, ne?"

 

Kyungsoo nodded and jumped in happiness.  They took a selca together and Chanyeol showed the final Polaroid to his boyfriend, now showing that all his tasks were completed.

 

"Yay, Yeollie!  You did everything I asked!" Baekhyun clapped like a two-year-old.  "Now everyone but Yeollie may leave.  I want some alone time with my boyfriend."  With that, everyone left, causing a dead silence to loom within the cafe.

 

After a few moments of silence, Baekhyun decided to break it.  "So, Yeollie, did you have fun today?"

 

"Yes I did!" Chanyeol beamed, "But, I'm still a little confused."

 

Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Chanyeol's waist.  Since they hardly had any alone time due to their expansion, Baekhyun inhaled the alluring scent of his boyfriend.  He placed his head on the taller's upper back and just leaned in.  This was the most tender moment the couple shared in a long time.  With his head still resting on Chanyeol's back, Baekhyun asked, "Why are you confused?"

 

Chanyeol released himself from Baekhyun's arms and turned around to face his boyfriend.  He held his boyfriend's hands within his and smiled lightly.  "Well, for one, there are still three eggs that I haven't opened."

 

Baekhyun chuckled at his boyfriend's childlike response.  "Well, you can open them now if you want.  I just wanted you to be with me when you did that." 

 

The two males sat down in the waiting area where Chanyeol's plastic bags were.  He pulled out the tray that had three remaining eggs: a lavender egg, a peach egg, and a gold egg.  Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun and asked, "Is there any one you'd like me to open first?"

 

The manager giggled and ruffled Chanyeol's hair.  "Any one, but please save the gold for last."  Chanyeol nodded at the statement.  "Oh, and Yeollie?"

 

"Yes Baekkie?"

 

"How about after you open one egg, you show me one item you bought okay?"  Baekhyun's smile radiated warmth into the taller male's pores.  His smile was so infectious that in a matter of seconds, Chanyeol found his heart beating faster.

 

"Okay, deal."  Chanyeol sealed the deal with an ever so light peck on Baekhyun's lips, causing the latter to blush immensely.

 

Chanyeol opened the peach-colored egg first.  As he pulled the egg's lid open, he could hear a slight clinking noise.  As he unveiled the secret hidden inside the plastic, he saw a year 2013 American penny.  Chanyeol looked at the odd choice of coin, then placed it back into the egg to read the post-it folded in there.

 

This penny may be worth very little value wise, but to me it is so much more. 

Yeollie, you're like a penny because you shine beautifully in my eyes. 

You make me want to live the American dream with you, living in a home

together, maybe have kids, and grow old in one another's arms.

*turn paper around*

 

  The reason I chose a penny is because money can't buy the feelings

I have for you.

 

 

Chanyeol looked up with shining wet eyes.  He refused to let tears drop right now, but Baekhyun's warm smile just let the stream of tears trickle down his face.  Instinctively, Baekhyun used his thumbs to wipe the tears from Chanyeol's face, then kissing the areas of his cheeks where the stream ran.  "That was beautiful Baekkie," Chanyeol's voice cracked, still in shock that his boyfriend could write something so sweet and sensitive.

 

Baekhyun's smile never left his face, as he kissed his boyfriend yet again.  "Now why don't you share an item you picked out at the supermarket?  I'm so excited!"  Baekhyun clapped like a toddler, causing the air in the room to lighten.

 

Chanyeol's face tinged pink, as he pulled out the first of his three items.  "You promise not to tease me for any of these items, right Baekkie?"  Baekhyun simply nodded, causing the taller male to continue.  "Okay, the first item I got was a coconut."

 

Baekhyun nearly burst into laughter, but held back with his promise.  "A coconut?  Yeollie, why'd you get that?"

 

"You see, people often tell me I'm tough on the outside, but soft on the inside.  That's exactly what a coconut is like.  Also, sometimes I'm not the most visually appealing, sweet looking guy, but inside here," Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's hand and placed it to his heart, "I'm soft and sweet.  Also, coconuts are a more exotic fruit than most...and I work at Exotic Cafe, so I thought it was fitting."  Chanyeol chuckled at the last part, causing a chain reaction with Baekhyun. 

 

"Okay, now it's time for an egg!"  Chanyeol cheered, as he lifted the tray and pulled out the lavender egg.  He was super excited as he lifted the second egg to his line of sight and gently lifted the upper portion of the egg off to reveal its contents.  Inside the second egg was a Hershey's Hug.  Chanyeol knew it was candy, but he didn't quite understand why Baekhyun chose this candy of all candies.  I mean, didn't he want to kiss him instead?  Why a Hug instead of a Kiss?  Chanyeol pulled out the post-it note that came with this candy.

 

A Hug candy represents you very well, Yeollie.  The milk chocolate

is very sweet and addicting in a very powerful manner, while the

white chocolate is also very sweet, but its color gives off a soft, delicate

vibe.  When mixed together, it creates a perfect combination.  Plus,

who wouldn't want to hug my perfect Yeollie? <3

 

Again, Chanyeol was rendered speechless by the beauty of the written words on that post-it note.  He couldn't believe that his boyfriend saw him as perfect, especially when he didn't think he was anywhere in the same universe as that word.  Perfect.  The tall male looked at Baekhyun and tenderly kissed his lips.  The shorter male kissed back, and for that moment, time stopped.  Once released from that enchanting kiss, Baekhyun urged Chanyeol to talk about his second item.

 

Chanyeol rummaged through the bag, feeling for a very slender, long object.  He lifted his hand from the bag and removed a black pen.  Baekhyun stared at him in confusion, but the silence was enough to cue Chanyeol to explain himself.  "The second object I picked out was a black pen.  First off, I enjoy writing.  I make up lyrics to random songs I hear on the radio, because it's fun to write.  Although I'm not the best at it, I find it an enjoyable thing to do when I have time.  Also, the pen is black, because black is my favorite color."

 

Baekhyun was totally in awe of the innocence that the taller male carried.  He was totally enamored and stared at the male in total adoration.  He then nudged Chanyeol and said, "Open your last egg, Yeollie."

 

Chanyeol beamed, as he grabbed the final egg from the tray.  The last egg was golden.  He wondered what could be hidden inside an egg of such an elusive color.  Lifting the lid gently, his eyes glowed and his cheeks reddened, as he revealed the contents publicly.  Inside that final egg were two engraved sterling silver rings.  The inside of each ring a name was engraved, along with the date of 14/02/2013.  However, inside this egg lay no post-it note.  Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun, slightly startled, and his heart beating way out of his chest.  "Baekkie, there's no note."

 

Baekhyun merely remained silent and removed a ring that read Baekhyun and placed it on Chanyeol's right ring finger, while placing the other ring on his finger.  "Yeollie, I give this ring to you as a promise.  I know that I haven't always been here, and I know you always worry that other things or other people are more important than you.  This ring is to tell you to stop thinking that way.  You are the most important person in my life right now.  You are the one I want to be with.  You are the one I love." 

 

Baekhyun ransacked through the photos Chanyeol had from earlier today and pulled out the one of the tree.  "Remember the story that Jonghyun told you this morning?"

 

A feeling of slight distaste fell upon Chanyeol's tongue at the sound of another's name.  "Yes, I do remember."

 

"Well, Jonghyun told you that story about my past and about how at that moment in time, I set a goal.  The tree where the vendor stood was and still is a reminder of that goal."  Baekhyun pulled both of Chanyeol's hands into his, entwining their fingers together.  "When I met you, when I first started to like you, I didn't ever realize the feelings would ever become serious.  As I got to know you more and as you worked here in my presence, those feelings for you grew.  I became so interested, I made it a goal to show you how much I care.  I made it a goal for you to one day be mine.  Now that you are mine, I wanted you to be a part of that very tree, that very history of the goals I've set and the dreams that have come true.  Yeollie, you are my dream come true."

 

For the umpteenth time today, Chanyeol could not utter a single word.  His jaw slightly fell open, almost unable to actually absorb what Baekhyun said.  He couldn't wrap his mind around the idea that this man in front of him was so head over heels over him, that he would go through all this trouble to show him.  Chanyeol couldn't believe he once questioned that Baekhyun didn't make him a priority.  All thoughts of that were definitely out the window now.

 

Chanyeol's head was snapped away from cloud nine when Baekhyun started waving his hand frantically in the former's face.  "Hello?  Yeollie?  Are you okay there?"

 

"What?  I'm sorry, Baekkie!"  Chanyeol laughed at his total blah moment, still trying to suppress the word vomit he wanted to express so boldly.

 

"Aren't you going to show me your last item?"  Baekhyun smiled, knowing that his part of the task was completed.

 

"Oh, right."  Chanyeol ran his fingers though his hair, as he slowly revealed the third item he bought.  Inside that bag stood a single hardboiled egg that the tall male bought from a kiosk within the market. 

 

Baekhyun eyeballed the egg in a confused state.  "Did you buy me an egg just to say Happy Easter, Yeollie?"  Baekhyun crossed folded his arms across his chest and fake pouted.  He really was hoping the taller male would have a more significant story to tell.

 

"No, pabo!"  Chanyeol lightly poked at his boyfriend's cheeks.  He breathed in deeply to calm the butterflies fluttering within his stomach.  "Baekhyun, you know how your nickname is 'Bacon' right?  Well, not to mention the fact that you own a cafe that specializes in the food that your nickname is."  Chanyeol trailed off and Baekhyun simply nodded.  "Well, this hardboiled egg represents me because together, we are a perfect meal.  We give people the power to sustain themselves throughout the day.  Without the other, one is merely just a side dish.  Food wise, we may be a perfect meal, but this analogy makes us the perfect couple.  Everyone loves bacon and eggs together, just like how everyone loves you and me together.  We are perfect and I love it.  And I love you."

 

Baekhyun's smile radiated throughout the empty cafe.  Since when did his innocent Yeollie become such a romantic?  He had never heard the male say such romantic things, but to hear these words was music to his ears.  "Wow, Yeollie.  That was just...wow."

 

Chanyeol bit his tongue, very thrilled at himself for rendering Baekhyun speechless.  He thought only he could become speechless at words, but gladly, he was very wrong.  Chanyeol pulled his boyfriend in for a kiss.  Baekhyun kissed his boyfriend back, using his tongue to Chanyeol's lips, hoping the taller would allow him access.  The tongue trick worked, and a very passionate kiss was shared in the empty restaurant that afternoon.  When their lips parted ways, a gurgling sound was heard from both of the males' stomachs.  Their cheeks tinged pink in unison as they bashfully glanced at the time and realized that lunch was long overdue.  Like their first date together, instead of going out to eat, they opted to eat in the very comforting walls of what they knew best.  Chanyeol and Baekhyun cooked themselves a plate of bacon and eggs together.  After all, they wouldn't have it any other way.