DRAMA OVERKILL.

The Sapphire Blue Basket

“This feels like a lucid dream… touching Zhou’s lunch… EATING Zhou’s lunch.” Kangin traced his fingers on the container of Zhou Mi’s lunch and was now drooling.

“Let’s keep it a dream.”

Zhou Mi slapped his hands away and sent him a death glare. Kangin was partly immune to this since they’ve been friends since forever.

Kangin: *stares*
Zhou Mi: *Death glare intensity 1*
Kangin: *looks away*
Zhou Mi: *Death glare intensity 2*
Kangin: *cringes*
Zhou Mi: *Death glare intensity 3*

“Alright! Alright! I won’t devour your food! Psh. For such a skinny guy, you sure can be a pig. Maybe that’s why you have long, skinny legs.” Kangin exclaimed.

“My legs are long and skinny because they were born long and skinny.” Zhou Mi retorted.

“Oh yeah? Who’s your father? The BFG?” Kangin answered back.

“You know my father. I have him on speed dial. Would you like me to tell him what you just said?” he threatened and Kangin instantly shut up like his life depended on it, and it did.

“Oppa, I’ll share my lunch with you, Would you like some?” Alex offered happily, making Kangin’s previously sour demeanor turn ten times sweeter.

“Aww~ I love you Baby Al!” Kangin headlocked Alex who was already gasping for air.

“Oppa. Can’t…. breathe…” Alex was asphyxiating now. “I see the light~….”

Kangin let go just in time before she was able to cross the afterlife. Zhou Mi would’ve made Kangin follow her if she did die (cause he knows a lot of ways to do this).

Alex screamed when she felt something cold and wet pour on her head and eventually dampened her school uniform. Zhou Mi was secretly using his powers to immobilize the perpetrator of the ‘Evil, unforgivable, Maniacal, Dastardly deed’ or whatever Kangin called it.

Moments later, Siwon and Kibum were in view, literally racing (each other) towards the incident. Their animal instincts picked up the distressed Alex signal.

“What the heck are you doing, Yoona?!” Siwon growled, making Alex think for a moment that he was a lion instead of a kitten in his animal form.

“Alex, are you alright?” Kibum approached her and looked at her wet stature.

“I’m fine, Oppa.” She smiled. “I was just a bit shocked. I don’t think she did that on purpose. Don’t get mad at her.”

“She poured the whole bottle of water on your head, Alex. She deliberately wanted to get you embarrassed.” Kangin shouted, who was already gripping Yoona’s wrist tight the moment Alex started screaming.

“I… I’m sorry if I did anything to make you mad. I really am.” Alex bowed.

Yoona held her nose up in a snooty manner and spun on her heel, signaling her posse to come along with her and do a ‘cool exit’.

“Here.” Kibum handed Alex a face towel. “Dry yourself up before you catch a cold.”

“Alex, were you hurt? What happened? Do you want me to have her beaten up?” Siwon put his hands on her shoulders, momentarily making Alex tense up and blush at the sudden gesture.

“No, I’m alright. I’m just wet.” Alex laughed awkwardly and started drying her hair.

The whole cafeteria felt they were watching a newly-aired drama. All eyes were on them like they were celebrities. Kangin felt this so he drew his megaphone from his side and started barking orders.

“What are you guys looking at? Keep eating! Do you know how many children aren’t able to eat three times a day and you guys just watch us and let your food go to waste?!” He roared.

“I’ll call Yesung-hyung to bring you another pair of your uniform.” Siwon said considerately.

“Maybe that’s not such a good idea.” Kibum pursed his lips and popped them right back again.

“Why is that?” Siwon shot up a brow so high, it reached to the ceiling.

“It’s Alex we’re talking about. Alex is a girl, and having Yesung-hyung rummage through a girl’s stuff is just plain WRONG.” Kibum stated very frankly.

“Ohhhh~” Siwon understood. He forgot the fact that Yesung was indeed a ert in so many ways, or at least, that’s what he and Kibum think.

“I’m not that wet, so you guys don’t have to worry.” Alex smiled sincerely. The two boys marveled at how warm and enticing her smile was.

“You’re dripping. How’s that ‘not that wet’?” Kangin took out his hanky and wiped Alex’s face, making Alex giggle adorably.

“Oppa~” Alex whined playfully. “I’m not a kid anymore, I can do it myself!”

“But how can you take that so easily? I mean, if I were you… I’d plan on tearing her to pieces.” Siwon said to Alex.

‘I’m gonna gouge her eyes out when I have the chance. Kehehehe~’ Alex thought to herself. “Well, I don’t know. I guess I’m not really the type to hold grudges.”

“You’re too good for your own sake.” Kangin sighed.

“I’m sorry for ruining your lunch. Why don’t you guys come over for dinner and I’ll prepare something special?” Alex clapped her hands together gleefully.

“You don’t have to do that.” Zhou Mi put his hand on Alex’s head.

“I don’t. But I want to!” She smiled.

 


 

Right after school, the odd bunch headed straight to Kibum and Siwon’s house for dinner. Alex was psyched about preparing a feast for the evening so the minute she reached home, she flew to the kitchen and started cooking up a storm. Nobody was allowed to enter the kitchen until Alex was finished, she warned them that if she saw someone snooping about in her cooking area, no one would have any dinner.

However, as Alex was getting ready to put the food on the table, She accidentally held on to the piping hot handle of the pot and scalded her hand,  she bit on her lip to stop herself even though she felt like screaming in pain.

“Aish! HOT! HOT! HOT!” Alex blew on her hand.

“Alex! Is everything alright there??!” Kibum’s voice resounded throughout the whole house.

She turned the tap on and drenched her burn on the running water, temporarily making her feel better. Kibum called again and she responded with a faint ‘Yes’ to assure she was alright.

Now that she was ready to serve, she put on oven mitts to prevent herself from getting burnt again and so as to avoid having the other males in her house to fuss over her.

“Waaaaah~ This is some feast you prepared! You’re really something Baby Al!” Yesung shouted, hugging Alex tightly.

“Whoa-oh.” Siwon’s eyes widened.

Good thing there were no fire alarms installed in their house, with the amount of smoke each cursed person in this house emits, it’ll be enough to set the fire alarms off like a hyperactive giraffe on the loose. Smoke engulfed the whole room once again as Yesung transformed into his animal form.

“I wonder what animal Yesung is…” Kangin said, deeply indulged in his thought of Yesung being a two headed unicorn. “Better not be a frog.”

“A doggy!” Alex squealed as the smoke cleared up and a proud German shepherd was now standing… err… sitting in Yesung’s place. “Aww~ Yesung-oppa’s a dog!”

“Yes, and I like meat. Can you get me some of that bulgogi? Pleaaaase?” Yesung barked and let his tongue hang low.

“Hey! Don’t drool on the carpet! Alex just vacuumed that!” Siwon scolded.

“Since when have you been concerned about such things?” Kibum said with a questioning look on his face and another intense staring contest ensued between the two. The tension was enough to slice a strand of hair in half.

“Don’t worry you guys, I’ll just clean it up later.” Alex winked, sending the two boys blushing like mad.

 Little taps could be heard on the roof and they grew stronger bit by bit, the soft drizzle was now a rainstorm and the falling drops of water were now pounding against the roof, as did the growling thunder and the fierce lightning.

“Wow. It’s raining.” Kangin noted, looking up the ceiling.

“Gee, thanks for stating the obvious.” Zhou Mi retorted.

“Shut up and just enjoy the food. You guys act like old loveless women.” Siwon kept eating, not minding the two butcher knives on his neck that Alex’s best friends have secretly hid under clothing.

When no one least expects it, the  back door flew open and in comes a looming figure in a pink hoodie, face unclearly seen. Sending alarmed looks on the people who were eating happily on the food filled table.

“Yay~ Another gate crasher. Do we really have to share the food?!” Kangin whined and everybody, excluding Alex, just rolled their eyes at him.

“C-can I help you with a-anything?” Alex asked politely despite her trembling, holding the butcher knife that Zhou Mi handed from behind her in case the stranger decides to get fresh.

“Can you please close the door?! The floor’s getting mighty wet and it’s not helping that you have mud in your shoes.” Yesung said, rubbing his head on Alex’s leg.

“ERT!” Siwon and Kibum shouted, kicking the poor canine away, making it yelp.

“WHAT IS THE MEANING OF ALL OF THIS?!” The stranger pulled back his hood and kicked the door closed.

“I know that voice!” Siwon grabbed all the food and ran off to his room.

“SIWON! COME BACK HERE WITH THAT FOOD! YOU FLIPPING CUSTARD!” Kangin snapped.

Zhou Mi sneakily used his almighty powers once again to make Siwon come back down again to put the food back where it was a while ago and made him climb up the stairs and dragged him up and down, leaving Siwon battered and bruised, because you do not mess with Zhou Mi and his food.

“Seriously? No one’s paying any attention?! YOU BUNCH OF IDIOTS IT’S ME!!” The unknown person shouted in anger as he stood behind Alex.

Alex sneezed amidst all of the commotion, making everybody look towards their direction.

“OH!” Kibum exclaimed, obviously startled.

“Finally! Someone noticed me! Kibummie!!”

“ALEX CAUGHT A COLD!! YOU MORON!” Kangin spat. “YOU JUST HAD TO LEAVE THE DOOR OPEN AND GO ALL FRIDAY THE 13TH ON US… IN A PINK HOODIE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD?!”

“Kehehehe…. That pink hoodie of yours is pathetic.” Yesung rolled over on the floor and laughed crazily. “Who are you anyway??”

The stranger’s eyes widened at this, his face showing a great amount of shock and disappointment… and maybe just a tad bit on the suicidal side… Okay, maybe it was more on suicidal.

“My face isn’t even covered anymore and you still don’t know me?! I’m under the freaking light!” he sighed. “My own family doesn’t even acknowledge me. This is… I don’t even… NOOOOOOOO!”

“I haven’t seen you before…” Kibum squinted his eyes as he put a blanket around Alex.

“Thanks, oppa.” She snuggled against the warm fabric.

“I’m SUNGMIN! AND WE ALL JUST SAW EACH OTHER DAYS AGO!!” Sungmin shouted.

“Ohhhh~” Yesung wagged his tail and then stopped midway. “Wait. Still doesn’t ring a bell.”

Sungmin sat on the farthest corner of the room and hugged his knees close to his face, he started wallowing in self-pity as the others finished their dinner and chatted.

Siwon, seeing the area far from anymore harm approached the table and sat beside Alex once again. This sent Sungmin’s depressive episodes to a halt and a glint in his eyes sparked something that a certain feline should be afraid of.

“SIWON!!!” Sungmin threw himself on him and gave him a noogie.

“YAH! YAH! GET OFF ME!” Siwon snarled as he tried to get away from the short young man in the pink hoodie.

“Why should I? After all, we are engaged.” Sungmin grinned devilishly.

“Engaged?!” Alex  gasped and covered with her hands. “Oppa, you didn’t tell me you were…”

“It’s not like that Alex! I’m not… We’re not… It’s not what you think it is!” Siwon waved his hands defensively.

“I thought you read the bible too! Don’t you know that having that kind of relationship is forbidden?!” Alex flailed.

Sungmin whipped his head (and his slightly long brown hair. X3. I whip my hair back and forth.LOL) onto Alex’s direction and glared her down.

“Got a problem with that squishy cheeks?!” Sungmin narrowed his eyes at Alex.

Instead of being scared, Alex found the ‘intimidating’ Sungmin to be quite cute in an impish sort of way. Although she can see cute image of a spoiled 5 year old boy in Sungmin, she didn’t hesitate to smile at him.

“Ahh! I don’t think we’ve been properly introduced. I’m Alex, I’ve been living here in exchange for housekeeping. Nice to meet you, Sungmin-sshi.” Alex bowed politely.

“Yes, yes. Whatever. Now could you get me a cup of tea and leave me and my cuddly little Siwon so we could have our alone time?” Sungmin said irritatingly.

Alex’s eyes widened at this statement. ‘Okay, Alex. Breathe in. Breathe out. Get those scary thoughts outta your head. Scary thoughts out. Scary thoughts out. GAAAAAAH!’ She then retreated to the kitchen to make some tea as she tried to compose herself mentally.

“Alex has been tainted.” Kangin shook his head.

“This night must be cursed like the people here.” Zhou Mi breathed a deep sigh. “Poor Alex.”

“GROSS! YESUNG-HYUNG! WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME MOTHER NATURE WAS CALLING YOU!! MY SHOES WERE NEW!!” Kibum groaned.

“A dog’s gotta do what a dog’s gotta do.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes. The BFG is the Big Friendly Giant... LOL. GAAAAAAH~ I had the worst withdrawal syndrome when I was trying to keep myself from surfing the net. I couldn't resist not posting the chapters since they were already done. I was supposed to be on a no-internet diet for this week. URGH.