The Animal Inside

The Animal Inside

The Animal Inside
Drabble

            Exo scrambled around their shared dorm. The snarls coming from the back room were growing in number and volume. Only one member sat on the couch, grieving and crying. His petite hands covering his blood shot eyes, his brown hair swept to the side. A loud roar shook the whole dorm, and an answering wail of fear and desperation echoed in the house. Howls, growls, and yowls surrounded the dorm on the outside.

            The animals had come for their master. 

            Baekhyun take his face out of his hands, and wiped at the tears. He stood, and brushed his hands on his jeans, he was going to help. Tao, Kris, and Kai were all injured from taking Chanyeol into the back room. His mind allowed rapid images to flash across his mind’s eye. Chanyeol’s enraged face, his hands curling and flexing, popping as claws form just over his first knuckle. Eyes glazed over with the animalistic need to survive, his teeth snapping at everything and anything that got too close.

            Baekhyun stepped into the hallways, and found all of the members had gathered were the hall began. Their hands connected and their heads all turned to the back room, where the snarls and roars continued. They could all hear the scratching at the door, things being thrown around; Chanyeol’s mind was being taken over by the animals’ within his own soul forcing it’s self onto him, he was feeling the primal need filling him to the brim. The beast was coming alive within Chanyeol.

            The moon shined through the window, the once blue beam now a tainted red color. The Devil was coming tonight. The ancient lust building.

            Luhan screamed as a window was broken. His terrified scream just aroused the raging monster in the back more, this time, he had to be throwing himself against the door to get to them. A frightening growl was heard behind us, and Kris swirled around to face a pitch black wolf, its teeth bared in aggression, large canines sparked at Kris threatening him with death if given the chance to wrap around his throat.

            A gun shot rang out, and a yelp was drowned out. No one even flinched. No one questioned why and how Chen had a gun within the dorm. The wolf laid on the floor, dead, blood soaking through the wood planks. Several of the Exo members had to cover their ears as Chanyeol released a bellow so loud, it had even made Xiumin’s ears bleed from the intensity. A crash was heard, and everyone whipped their head to the back, finding an insane looking Chanyeol.

            His lips curled back to show blunt teeth, ever so threateningly. Fingers curled to allow the claws maximum range, bare feet arched onto the ball of his foot. His whole body tense, ready to strike. Baekhyun flinched, and that’s all it took. Chanyeol sprang into action, hurling himself at Kris, taking him as the biggest threat. Knocking him down, Chanyeol moved to the next person having heard a sickening crack when Kris fell. Tao dodged, but was caught with the deadly claws on his side. All of the other members huddled together, and Baekhyun stood face to face with an insane Chanyeol. His hand moved like lightning, gripping his throat, squeezing tightly. Baekhyun’s mind faded quickly. Looking into Chanyeol’s eyes, Baekhyun realized something.

            The animal was alive.  Then resounding howls called victory over them, cancelling out the weeping of sorrow the other members of Exo made. They had lost.


This…was meant to be a one-shot, but I didn’t really want a sort of long one-shot, so I made it into a drabble. I like this drabble, actually. I hope you all like it, comment if you like. I got this idea from the song ‘The Animal’ by Disturbed (an amazing band).

~ BlackOut