At the End

At the End


"How are you?" She stared at her phone debating if she should press the send button, her once happy heart felt awkward all of a sudden.

"Hey" her heart skip a beat to Junhyung's sudden text message.

"Hey...." She quickly replied back, not caring that he'll know she was thinking of him.

"Have you eaten yet?  Stay warm because of the cold weather." She too realized he was thinking of her because of his quick replies. Why weren't they like this when they were together, she thought.

"I have...hopefully you have too.  You're busy nowadays filming.  How's filming?  Is everything okay on there?" She sent back with a heavy heart.

"I wish it was you...." Her face fleshed red to his suddenly text.  She stayed still staring at his text for awhile, "......" He sent another one.

"......." She replied back.

"The main girl." He replied.

"Junhyung..."

"You're still the main girl in my life. I still love you very much. Why am I doing this?" He sent her his last text. She stared at it. Suddenly her phone ringed and she saw his name pop up onto her screen.

"Hone...." She stopped herself and remember they were no longer together.

"Hara Hara," she heard his tired voice on the other line, like how he usually did, "my heart hurts.  I've consumed too much alcohol tonight." He let out a chuckle and she knew he was drunk.

"Why did you drink tonight?" She asked concerned yet her voice steady.

"Drink? I didn't go drinking today." She knew he was drunk. He was forgetting his own words, "I'm okay. Can we stay like this for the rest of the night?" He pleaded, "I feel sad tonight.  I miss my girlfriend tonight. I miss her so much. I lost her because...because of the excuse that we're too busy, but that's not it...that's not it...it's because we both grew apart somehow..." Hara felt her cold tears rolling down her pale face, "and though I feel like dying I hold it in.  Everyone around me talks too much. Yet I just want to live quietly with her."

"Babo-ah, farewells are like this.  You'll eventually forget me. I'll eventually be forgotten. A better love will come and comfort you."

"It's not the same...no it won't be the same." She heard his once drunken voice turning into a soft sob, "I miss my Hara."

Hara thought about his words. She wanted to run to where he was and hug him.  Her heart burned and she felt as though she would collapse at any moment. She wiped away her tears and pulled herself together. She knew what she was about to say weren't from the heart but so that he'll move on. The long year of torment the two spent together was enough. She no longer wanted to see him hurt. She no longer wanted to feel hurt. The criticism the two faced together. The happiness they shared together. Dating from a distant. All those were enough. When their relationship was confirmed last 2011 they faced so many obstacle and at a point they wanted everything to end but because they loved each other too much they couldn't. Then why did they suddenly broke it off? She couldn't understand it. No break up was ever mutual because one of them would eventually still have stronger feelings towards the other.

"Junhyung-ah, listen carefully okay?" She spoke softly, "maybe it's for the best that things turned out like this.  Hopefully in the future you and I will find our way back to each other but for now we can't."

"Why?" He questioned.

"Just promise me that you'll live happily. Well...you should be able to live better without me in your life now. No one to hold you back. I expect too much of your hours. I'm..."

"So, I'm like that too." She knew he was sobering up now, "Hara...I'll try to forget but can you promise me something?"

"I...." She stopped.

"Though we broke up, please listen to my last request." He cleared his throat, "It's okay if you meet another guy. Just don't fall in love with him. Don't love him the way you loved me.  At the end I know you and I will be together again. If I meet another girl I won't fall in love with her. I won't love her the way I loved you. Please don't fall in love with another guy....if he's not me."

"Go to sleep now." She told him, "Don't you have to film in three hours?"

"I'll go to sleep after you promise me."

"Yong Junhyung...I promise."

"And after you call me honey."

"Jun-"

"I want to hear it, because I may never hear it again..."

"Honey..." Her voice sent chills down his body. His heart dropped and he felt his eyes closing.

"Yaa, don't you dare hang up." His tired voice commanded her to stay on the phone with him, "You can only hang up when your phone dies." He closed his eyes with his right ear on his phone still.

"Honey, goodnight." Hara closed her eyes as her left ear was on her phone, "at the end, we'll eventually find each other right?" She whispered those words as Junhyung answered with a small murmur of yes.