BEST THING

Best Thing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Best Thing


The room was enveloped with a thick blanket of anticipation. After months of persuading one of the most sought after idols to talk about his secret marriage, he finally graced them with his presence. Jaesuk cleared his throat once to hide his growing excitement, he's a step ahead of Hodong and that meant another free meal for him from his rival friend. Just the thought of winning over the big guy was enough for him to give Hyun Joong a warm hug and a sincere smile. The set was ready, the lights a little dimmed. 10 more minutes and the interview would start.

Hyun Joong had to fight the urge to stand up and bolt out the door. He was married and happy. Wasn't that enough? He can't really understand why he needed to explain anything to anybody. He's in love. They are in love. Being in love means being together for all eternity. And that started with their I do's.

No. He thought lightly shaking his head with a small smile playing at the corner of his lips as he corrected himself. Their real love story started with a thousand cranes.

"Hyun Joong-ssi." Jaesuk started instantly hushing murmurs inside the studio. "Thank you for coming."

He smiled. "To be honest I'd rather spend my day locked up in my room." He answered earning a knowing smile from his marriage sunbae. "But buin forced me to come. I can say no to anyone. Anyone but her." 

"Then extend our gratitude to Hwangbo-ssi." The MC watched the young in front of him lose the smile on his face. "What's wrong?"

He sighed. "My wife," He paused as he struggled to keep a blank expression. "I know that this is unreasonable but can you please address her as Mrs. Kim? I don't want other men," He lowered his tone as if he was sharing a top secret information. "you know those clueless idols, to think that she's still single. I've had enough stress caused by her throng of followers to last a lifetime."

Jaesuk laughed and nodded. "Of course Hyun Joong-ssi. Please do extend our gratitude to Mrs. Kim."

He smiled brightly. "I will."

Still weird. Jaesuk thought chuckling to himself. "Late last year," he began as he placed his cue cards on his lap. He don't need those. He loved the couple from their first episode he would make a bad follower if he can't even think of the questions himself. He can't be kicked out from their little joongbo land. "You secretly married your once fake buin in Jeju Island." It was no longer a question.

Hyun Joong nodded. "Yes, I married her the moment she finally said yes. My buin, she's really stubborn. I kept on proposing but she kept on turning me down."

"She did?" 

"I got rejected 4 times in our 5 years of being unofficial shillang and buin." He admitted with a pout. Wasted so much time, he remembered complaining to his wife just the other night. We could have started our own soccer team by now. He joked earning a smack from his laughing wife.

Jaesuk was now unconsciously on the edge of his seat. "What made her change her mind?"

"I'm not really sure." He looked up to rack his brain to answer the same question that still boggled his mind. "Mayb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter