Final

LOVE LETTER

 

Despite the cool weather outside, the atmosphere in the practice room is extremely hot. How can’t it when seven people are singing and dancing nonstop? Soon the practice time is over. Everyone finds a comfortable place to drop themselves on. Hoon lies down on the cold hard floor. It seems that he remembers something he has to do so he tiredly stands up and heads out of the room. His mouth never stops mumbles something like he is cursing someone and manager-hyung. Kevin silently goes somewhere to take two towels for him and Eli, who tends to take off his shirt anytime soon. Kiseop drops himself on the sofa and AJ follows after him. Soohyun is leaning against the glass and enjoying the coolness spreading out from it.

“Hyung! I’m hungry.” Dongho groans while sitting next to the leader.

“What do you want to eat?” Soohyun gently asks after catching his breath.

“Hamburgers, coke, milk…” Dongho starts to list what’s like the whole menu of a restaurant.

“Enough, Ho…” Soohyun sighs powerlessly. Dongho seems to remain much energy after the exhausting practice.

“Hyung! Buy them for me!” Dongho insists stubbornly.

Soohyun slowly stands up putting on the face of a leader. Without a shadow of a doubt, he has been pampering Dongho too much.

“We are all hungry now, aren’t we?” he asks after coughing to get everyone’s attention.

“Yeah~” everyone replies in unison.

“But we are all tired to go, right?” the experienced leader slyly leads to the problem.

“Yeah~” everyone sighs again.

“So we need a person to go shopping and buy everything for us.” He says slowly.

“And of course, he won’t have to go next time.” he adds.

“Who will that be?” Kevin asks straightly.

“Kiseop.” Dongho quickly replies.

“Why? Why me?” Kiseop asks under his breath.

“Just think Kiseop. How can you let Shinshin go? They definitely buy food for only them. Not to mention that we don’t know how long it takes them to go shopping!” Eli explains.

“Don’t speak like you are guiltless!” Dongho scoffs.

“You might get you Redbull and us, nothing!” Soohyun adds.

“Where is Hoon?” Kevin suddenly asks.

“Going somewhere with manager hyung.” Dongho answers.

“We should troll him less, by the way. Such a poor heart.” Kevin says sympathetically.

“What?” Eli, Soohyun and Dongho shouts in unison.

“What?” Kevin widens his eyes looking really innocent.

“Who hurt him most?” Soohyun asks smirking at Kevin.

“Who ignored his existence?” Dongho adds to Soohyun’s sentence.

“You are the most two-faced, Kevin!” again, in unison.

Kevin silences himself abruptly trying to change the subject.

“Kiseop, you see? You should go. You are really economical.” Kevin turns to Kiseop using his sweet voice to persuade.

Considering all the pros and cons, Kiseop finally agrees. However, he needs company. He doesn’t want to carry everything all by himself. That must be tiring. In everyone’s heads, a name appears.

“Jaeseop!” they all say.

The said boy hasn’t said a word from the start of the discussion. AJ is just leaning against Kiseop’s shoulder. The visor covers half of his face.

“Shhh! He is sleeping! He is lacking in sleep a lot these days. Dark circles around his eyes are getting darker…” Kiseop heaves a disappointing sigh.

“I’ll go alone then. All of you just go anywhere and do anything you want. I’ll be back soon.” He says then carefully puts AJ’s head on the arm of the sofa.       

Waiting for everyone to list things they want and leave, Kiseop goes to take a shower then backs to the practice room. His wet tangled hair hangs down covering his eyes partly. He secretly takes out a marker from his bag and notes down everything. His look now reminds of some criminals. The smells of ink and body wash mixed together create a strong smell.

To be honest, Kiseop just has so many weird thoughts and habits. And this is one of them, taking note on his hand or even arm. If it wasn’t his lover then no one would accept this.

While writing, he is mumbling necessary things like “milk and cupcake for Dongho”, “Redbull and sandwich for Eli”…

“Should I buy less to keep some money for myself?” Kiseop asks himself then bursts out giggling.

“Noodles and tea for Soohyun.” A deep voice starts.

“Chicken burger and coke for Hoon.” Kiseop writes down dutifully.

“Pizza and juice for Kevin.” without any doubt, Kiseop continues following those words.

The black letters neatly appear on his white skin. He definitely has done this a lot since whether in his palm, on the back or on his wrist, he has no difficulty in put things in order.

“Ice cream and popcorn.” That voice adds.

Kiseop tilts his head wondering if there is anyone mention about them. It is clear that no one did. Until now has he realized that he hasn’t spoken for a while! Does blood run too slowly to his brain? Or anything that he now begins to wonder whose that voice is?    

“What are you doing here? Aren’t you sleeping?” Kiseop terrifyingly asks hiding his hand right away.

“I am. But someone who is mumbling alone wakes me up.” AJ pouts. But the cute pout doesn’t exist long since it is soon replaced by a smirk.

“I didn’t do anything!” Kiseop scoffs jumping back a little.

“What are you doing with your hand?” AJ bends down pretending to try to figure out what is behind the latter’s back.

“Nothing. How long have you been here?” Kiseop asks fearfully, his face starts to get hotter.

“Long enough.” AJ answers nonchalantly.

Kiseop starts to get worried about AJ’s equivocal answer. Fiddling with his fingers behind his back appears to be the best thing he can do now.

“Why do you add ice cream and popcorn?” Kiseop suddenly asks.

“For you and me?” AJ replies.

“How can you know what I want?” Kiseop puffs his cheeks.

“So I am right, aren’t I?” Jaeseop laughs satisfyingly.

“Whatever. I have to go. Just back to sleep and forget everything.” Kiseop embarrassingly lifts up his bag on his shoulder then runs in one go not daring to look back for once.

Watching Kiseop’s figure slowly disappear in the hallway, AJ vaguely picks up a bottle of water and drink it to the last drop. He lets out a melancholy sigh wondering how the other members could entrust Kiseop with that work. Beside the fact that he is so tight-fisted, he can get lost anywhere. Finding Kiseop is certainly more difficult than going shopping! What if he does something weird and gets himself into trouble? In addition, how can he carry everything? He is just too clumsy to keep the food safe. AJ really has nothing to say about the laziness of this group.

 

 

 

At sunset, the sky is dyed with yellow that nearly turns orange. Kiseop strolls unhurriedly on the famous street which is now wearing an elegant suit made from a dense canopy of cherry blossom trees. The sky color somewhat makes the cherry blossom petals look darker than they originally are. Anyway, nothing can blur their beauty. If it was the normal Kiseop, he could spend some time taking some photos. Unfortunately, he isn’t normal now. He is too embarrassed about his little secret being revealed. Ruffling his hair miserably, he bangs his head on one tree. The little impact vibrates the trunk forcing the flowers to fall. Some touch the ground. Some flings in the air. Some stop their tracks on the culprit’s body.

“This can be considered as destroying public property.” Some warmth passes Kiseop’s slightly wet hair caressing his ear and neck.

The poor boy is startled to death. He shudders in fear and turns around. The petals in momentum fall onto the cold hard ground lying there solitarily. Just in a few minutes, the whole peaceful and pretty scene seems to be destroyed totally. What a shame that Kiseop and someone else should be blamed for.

“I didn’t do anything!” although this is just the second time, Kiseop feels like it is the umpteenth time he has said that.

“Okay but Kiseop, I have something to tell you.” AJ pulls the other close to him by his left arm.

“What?” Kiseop resists weakly. It’s the fact that he has no power now. AJ has flung his heart to somewhere else, but not in his chest, just by suddenly appearing behind him and whispering something.

“Economisation is praiseworthy but paper isn’t so expensive right?” AJ says lifting up the latter’s arm.

“I am economical, so what?” Kiseop asks ignoring the rush of blood in his vain. It isn’t that he regrets money that much. For a mere reason, he used to think so and it had become his habit for pretty long. However, explanation to such a smart person like AJ isn’t a good idea.

“Nothing, just a peal of laughter for everyone.” AJ speaks aimlessly then rolls his eyes as if there is nothing to care.

“You dare?” Kiseop raises his voice challengingly.

“Why not? If everyone is happy, I will too.” AJ sniggers.

No one can deny that his smile is extremely dangerous. Frankly everyone knows Kiseop is tight-fisted. Knowing that he regrets even some paper doesn’t matter much, does it?

“Go ahead. I don’t care.” Kiseop says turning on his heel to leave.

“Kiseop ah, keeping our group’s money isn’t a small crime!” AJ calls after making the other stop dead in his track.    

How can Jaeseop know about that? Don’t say that he spoke his thought out loud! It was just a simple thought! He wasn’t going to carry out! But Jaeseop heard it anyway. What if everyone knew? Kiseop wouldn’t live in peace from now on, would he? Such a careless fool! Kiseop is just standing still and keeping on blaming himself. Isn’t it a shame on him?    

“AJ, please don’t tell anyone.” Lowering his voice, Kiseop insists nudging at AJ’s side.

“Why should I?” AJ tilts his head, somehow he looks really innocent.

“Please~” Kiseop now uses aegyo as his weapon. Unfortunately it is useless in AJ’s situation.

“What can you do for me?” AJ asks. His eyes suddenly sparkle, while cold sweats appearing from nowhere start to roll down Kiseop’s face.

“Be my servant.” He continues not giving Kiseop much time to think.

“No way!” Kiseop shouts loudly.

“Okay. Then good luck!” AJ puts his hands in his pockets then turns around.

“Jaeseop, please.” Kiseop quickly holds the other back.

“Then accept my condition.” AJ says firmly.

“For how long?” Kiseop hesitantly asks.

“Three days. No bargain. Otherwise… you already know the result, right?” AJ gives out the final answer. He knows Kiseop’s habit in bargain like the back of his hand. Jaeseop absolutely doesn’t want to face that.

“Alright…” after considering for a while, Kiseop forcefully agrees then starts moving again.

Winds are still blowing, flowers are still falling. Kiseop is still walking dolefully. Feeling something isn’t right, he turns around and catches sight of AJ walking behind.

“Why are you still here? What are you going to do? I’ll do it tomorrow.” Kiseop bites his lower lip.

“I’m watching you.” AJ answers.

“To do what?” Kiseop asks widening his eyes waiting for something positive.

“To make sure that you don’t keep money for yourself.” AJ responds sounding serious. But the look on Kiseop’s face is precisely hilarious, so he can’t control himself and bursts out laughing.

Then again, Kiseop feels like he is made fun of. Sulkily taking each step, how could he hope something good from that sly cat? He even protected his sleep! How foolish he is!  

To be honest, AJ didn’t plan to tease Kiseop that much. It was just Kiseop is so easy to be teased and at those times, he looks really interesting with pursed lips and discontenting eyes.

People say that if you walk on the cherry blossom street with your lover, your happiness will be complete and long-lasting. Loving couples appear in every corner of the street. Amongst the stream of people, AJ silently follows Kiseop. Pink petals are attached to their hair, their shoulders…

 

 

 

There are few people who know that idols have to study a lot. Japanese is the compulsory subject to U-KISS. Everybody must know the reason why, right? They work half of their time in Japan. Improving Japanese skill is unavoidable. Their class only has seven students. Each person has their own desk but they are arranged pretty close. The middle-aged teacher is talking the hind legs off a donkey.

Jaeseop and Kiseop sit next to each other in the back of the classroom since they are the tallest. Kiseop is constantly paying attention to the lecture. He suddenly feels a shiver running down his spine. Someone is watching him. He may be too sensitive but he really does feel someone’s eyes on him. Looking aside, he quickly catches Jaeseop’s left arm.  

“Hi Kiseopie~” the short line shows up clearly on the back of AJ’s hand.

“Why are you writing on your hand?” Kiseop surprisingly asks.

“Lee Kiseop. Attention please!” the teacher clears his throat.

“Don’t speak in class.” AJ writes on his palm.

“Why are you doing that?” Kiseop asks. But this time, on his hand, not by his mouth.

The conversation goes on that way. Except for when writing, Kiseop always tries his best to listen to the teacher.

“You should know that yourself :v”

“><”

“From now on, let’s talk like this.”

“Whatever.”

“Remember our deal?”

“What?”

“I don’t buy tissues to clean this.”

“Why?”

“Saving money.”

“So?”

“Clean my hand for me. It is out of space.”

Kiseop smiles miserably wondering what debt his previous life had owed Jaeseop. Searching thoroughly in his bag, Kiseop takes out a pack of wet napkin and hands it to the other.

“I wrote CLEAN.” AJ writes again.

“Urgh.” Kiseop lets out a frustrating grunt.

As soon as AJ holds out his hand, Kiseop takes it and starts his mission. AJ is quite unwise at this point. Kiseop, as if catching a unique chance to get revenge, tortures the other’s hand without any compromise. Seeing his skin get red, AJ holds back Kiseop’s hand. A fierce fight between the four eyes breaks out. It feels like there is a fire between them, or a electric wave? Anyway outsiders may think that they are exchanging loving glances.

They look really childish now. Kiseop is childish as always. But to tell the truth, if someone sees Jaeseop in this condition, they definitely get a heart attack when knowing he’s a psychological student of Columbia university. Really, people say that who keeps company with the wolf will learn how to howl.

Eyes against eyes, hands against hands, they seem to forget that they are still in class.

“Kim Jaeseop and Lee Kiseop, you two have a quick test in kanji tomorrow.” The teacher calmly announces.

The two guys don’t know when the teacher came and how long they have been watched. They just know that the other members now use an understanding look for them. Kevin even gives AJ a look that says something like “you are so cute”. Being childish means becoming cute, maybe? Certainly, AJ often finds Kiseop cute and wants to bring him home to take care of since the other is quite like a kid.          

 

 

His work as Jaeseop’s servant passes pretty fun, in Jaeseop’s view. Wiping sweats, massaging, bringing food and drinks… Kiseop is used to doing that now, although he still looks sulky which Jaeseop finds extremely adorable. Sometimes he wonders how Kiseop look when he cosplays as a maid. Soohyun did once. Jaeseop was shocked at that. But if it was Kiseop, things must different!

 

“Curried rice and fried rice, please.” Kiseop’s voice resounds piercingly amongst hundreds of noises in the canteen of television station.

After waiting patiently for the food, Kiseop tries his best to squeeze through the crowd. He quickly spots AJ sitting in a corner table. How could there be such a hateful person? How could he just sit there, shake his legs and listen to music while Kiseop has to do so many things? Getting angry at the thought, the walking boy grits his teeth in frustration. He won’t be careless next time.

Putting the dishes down harshly onto the table, he throws AJ a death glare then drops himself on the opposite seat.

“Fried rice for you.” He announces and starts his meal.

As soon as Kiseop eats the first spoon, all the uncomfortable feelings go away. He happily enjoys the dish and totally forgets about AJ’s existence. Of course, the latter can’t be ignored. Who is he anyway?

“Seoppie~” he calls sounding a little sick.

“What?” Kiseop starts in surprise.

“Feed me!” AJ says like it is the most normal thing in the world.

“What?” contrary to AJ, Kiseop is totally taken aback. Unknowingly he jumps out of his seat and shouts out loud.

“Feed me!” AJ repeats his previous sentence nonchalantly.

“Why should I?” Kiseop gets back to his seat and asks.

“Our deal, remember?” AJ smirks evilly.

“No way!” Kiseop sticks out his tongue resuming his meal.

“Soohyun hyung is coming!” AJ stares into the distance then informs.

There’s no peace for the wicked. As soon as Kiseop hears that, he quickly ladles out a full spoon and inserts in the other’s mouth almost making AJ choke. Swallowing the food in difficulty, AJ starts to talk again.     

“Just kidding.” He laughs hysterically making Kiseop purple with rage.

“Kiseop ah, this is the last day of our deal.” Jaeseop lowers his voice not wanting to drive the other crazy anymore.

From the bottom of his heart, Kiseop doesn’t want to scowl at Jaeseop. It is just because of his annoying behavior and his look of triumph. Kiseop really wants to ignore that but things don’t go as expected, do them? Hearing Jaeseop’s deep voice speaking such a gentle sentence makes Kiseop unable to hold back his feeling.

“Ah~” Kiseop sings bringing up a spoonful of curried rice to Jaeseop’s mouth.

The meal passes happily without any more fight. Jaeseop goes to buy some drinks for both of them. Watching his back merge into the crowd, Kiseop heaves a sigh. Actually for the past three days, Jaeseop hasn’t forced him to do anything much, just something like taking care of the other. Wanting or not, Kiseop still did them all. He wanted, maybe. It is just the other was away from home for months. He might need care and Kiseop has spare care. That’s all, isn’t it?

“I’m back!” Jaeseop calls to get the other’s attention as he sees Kiseop just stares blankly into the space.

“I forgot to tell you I don’t drink caffeinated drinks.” Kiseop says vaguely.

“I know it already. I bought orange juice for you.” AJ pushes the drink to Kiseop’s hand.    

Kiseop happily drinks it all through a straw in one go. What an extraordinary attempt! An idea pops in his head as he looks over the other. He quickly takes his straw out from his drink and puts it in AJ’s one. He takes in the latter’s drink as much as he can. The sweet taste of milk mixes with the sourness of orange juice making Kiseop feel really interesting.

“What are you doing?” AJ looks at Kiseop dumbfounded.

“Taking back.” Kiseop looks up then answers by halves.

“Taking back what?” AJ still doesn’t understand.

“I fed you my rice.” Kiseop says eyes sparkling with excitement.

AJ sighs helplessly and joins with Kiseop. In fact, it took him some effort to let out that sigh since he did notice those sparkles.

“Aish, you guys…” someone suddenly ruins the kind-of-romantic scene.

“Soohyun hyung!” Kiseop greets immediately separating from Jaeseop.

“When will you guys confirm?” Dongho asks nonchalantly.

“What?” AJ asks in surprise.

“You mean, to KISSme?” Eli adds.

“Of course! We all knew it already!” Kevin answers giggling at Kiseop and Jaeseop.

“Kiseoppie!! How can you dump me for that mind hacker?” Hoon winced miserably clinging to Kiseop’s arm.

“What are you guys talking about?” Kiseop asks blinking his eyes a few times.

“I know you are good at acting already, Kiseop. So stop.” Soohyun says pretending to be serious.

“I really don’t know!” Kiseop scoffs getting impatient with his fellow members while AJ suddenly shuts his mouth completely.

“Don’t be shy.” Kevin says nudging at Kiseop’s side.

“You two just stick with each other.” Hoon sounds self-pity.

“You are in love with each other, right?” Dongho spits out making Kiseop startled.

Anxiety is written all over Kiseop’s face. He doesn’t deny or accept either, just sitting their fiddling his fingers. He takes a quick glance over the other guy. AJ’s face shows nothing. He is just sitting there staring into the space blankly as if his mind has traveled somewhere. Or is he scheming for something? Kiseop doesn’t know but he doesn’t like that face. Hasn’t everything started from his plot? Why doesn’t he stand up and explain everything? What is he waiting for?

Kiseop soon flies off the handle. Jaeseop doesn’t do. Then Kiseop will do. He stands up furiously banging on the poor table.

“I don’t like Kim Jaeseop at all!” Kiseop shouts then leaves the whole group in anger.

The members watch the guy leave. They are all dumbfounded. This isn’t good, is it? Jaeseop snuffles a little. Real anger isn’t easy to deal with. But not easy doesn’t mean impossible. Who is the target? Lee Kiseop. Who is he? Kim Jaeseop. Things will be fixed, soon. AJ’s lips unknowingly curl into a smile.

 

 

The weather is strangely spleenful. Sunshine burns him. Winds dry him. In general, Kiseop doesn’t feel good at all. It has been a few days since Kiseop angrily left Jaeseop with the other members in the canteen. Jaeseop hasn’t talked to him or communicated with their left hands either. The guy just ignored Kiseop everywhere completely. As a result, Kiseop becomes really depressed. Isn’t it Jaeseop’s fault? Why does Kiseop have to be crushed by grief now? Why does Jaeseop have to torment him this much? Right from the start, in the whole process and even in the end… and Kiseop just nicely, or blindly, accepted them all because he thought Jaeseop would never make him do anything beyond his endurance. He must be wrong now.

However, Kiseop has a bad habit. He usually sinks back into his sinful way. He, again, hopes something good from the other and keeps blaming himself for being such a fool. He shouldn’t have left like that. He shouldn’t have yelled at AJ. He should have stopped this cold and silent fight right from the start. But he, being a fool, doesn’t know how to fix things. He originally lacks communication skills. When it comes to Jaeseop, he also lacks many other things like his cuteness, his coolness, his confidence or sometimes even his self. Who is Kim Jaeseop that makes him suffer this much?

Kiseop drops his head on the table. He can’t concentrate on what the Japanese teacher is saying. He is just too confused. A short rest is essential for him now. The sounds from the fans, from the teacher’s chalk touching the board, from pens running on paper prove their ability to sing Kiseop to sleep in just a few minutes.

The strong smell of ink… the strong force on his hand… someone is writing on his hand…

Kiseop is wakened up from his nap. Who dare ruin his sleep and play with his hand? Blinking his eyes for a few times, Kiseop slowly sits up straight.

“What?” he yawns drowsily then lifts up his left hand to rub his eyes.

Suddenly something catches his eyes. A small black ring is written with a marker on his ringman. His eyes are widened immediately. He looks aside and sees Jaeseop smiles brightly. What a hateful face! What was he thinking when drawing that ring? Kiseop tends to stand up and asks the latter. But AJ is faster. He quickly holds Kiseop back by the twist and pulls him down. To prevent him from carrying out his silly intent, Jaeseop just shuts his mouth with a kiss. It isn’t romantic at all! Just so weird, kissing in class with a stupid purpose. But better late than never.

“You are stealing my name as “King of niggard”, aren’t you?” Kiseop asks as soon as he catches his breath after breaking the kiss.

“If I’m the King, then you will be the Queen. I won’t treat you mean.” Jaeseop responds slyly.

“No way! You have always been treating me uhm…” Kiseop retorts but is quickly cut off.

Then again, kiss to shut his mouth… silly and sly…

All of a sudden, Kiseop wonders. Why doesn’t sun burn him anymore? Why don’t winds dry him anymore? Closing his eyes slightly, he now gets his answer. Feel good and all will be good.

 

THE END.

A/N: Yay!!! Finish!!! Really, I don't know what I thought when writing this fic!! Just so... I don't know... 

My daily thoughts about them kind of haunt me so the characteristics of the characters don't progress as I expected. 

Believe me, the details are based on real materials. If you notice, it won't be hard to recognize.

And I haven't proofread yet. If you find any mistake, please tell me. Thanks in advance :D

Anyway, I had fun writing it. Hope you guys have fun reading it too and thank you so much :3

 

HAPPY 2ND ANNIVERSARY, SEOPSEOP'S OFFICIAL TOGETHER APPEARANCE!!!!!!!!!

KEEP SUPPORTING UKISS WITH 9 MEMBERS <3333333333333333333333333333

 

Owww, I forgot!! WATCH OUT FOR THE BONUS PART, or should be called After Story *LOL~*