Starting Out

One Shot

 

Normal Pov

The hard drops of rain were pouring down on the city of Seoul.  It was the season of rain, and no other day had been raining as hard as this one. A young girl got out of a business car and was led inside the building. She was too scared to complain about anything. She had just lost her mother a few days ago and spent the days after crying non-stop. That is, until an older looking man came by her house looking for her. "I'm just a friend of the family," he stated when he met her. "You're going to have to follow me." Without having time to pack up her things, except for a picture of her mother, she followed the man to the orphanage, hoping that her life would get better. She didn't have anyone else except for her mom who was now dead. She had nothing to lose.

 

After processing the proper paperwork, the man had signed the final paper and took his last look at the girl sitting in the waiting room looking down at her shoes. He looked back at the director. "She's going to be fine here, right? No one will be able to adopt her?"

 

"Of course sir," the director answered. "Especially for the financial aid you are giving her."

 

"That's all I can do to make it up to her," the man replied as he got up and walked towards the door. "Goodbye." He walked past the young girl, avoiding her eyes and disappeared from her sight.

 

The girl was clueless on what was happening next. The director came up to her and smiled, trying not to let her be more frightened, he said, "I am the director of this orphanage and I'll make sure to make it feel like home to you. " He grabbed her hand and led her to the playroom to meet the other kids.

 

"Go play with the other kids. Have some fun." The director gently pushed her towards the kids. She slowly walked towards the playful kids playing and looked back, the director was gone. She looked back at the kids when she saw the ball came towards her.

 

WHACK! She was knocked down to the floor. Many of the kids expected her to cry, but she just laid there still.

 

"Yah!" one of the kids screamed, not caring. "Pass the ball over!"

 

She grabbed the ball and stood up, looking at the kid. "Shouldn't you say sorry first?"

 

The kid got angry and walked over to her, trying to snatch the ball away. "No! Give me my ball!" The girl pulled the ball towards her. The kid had enough, he lifted his hand up and was about to punch her.

 

"Yah pabo!" another kid yelled, running towards them. "Don't hit a girl!" He jumped on top of the other kid and pinned his hands on the floor. "Say you're sorry!" The kid was obviously scared, and quickly bowed to the girl after the boy let him go. "I'm sorry."

 

"May I?" the kid asked the girl, gesturing to get the ball. She handed the ball over and the kid threw it to the bully. "Don't let me catch you bothering her again."

 

The kid ran towards his group of friends as they walked away.

 

The girl's savior walked towards her. "Hey, are you okay?" The girl didn't say anything.  "Oh! Almost forgot. I'm Junhong, by the way." He stuck his hand out for a handshake. The girl looked at his hand. He was about to pull his hand back when she gave him a handshake. "My name is Eunyoung."

 

*A Few Years Later*

 

"Yah Junhong!" Eunyoung screamed. "Hurry up! You're going to be late for school!"

 

Junhong was finishing fixing his hair in front of the mirror. "Almost done noona!" After brushing his teeth and grabbing his backpack, he ran downstairs to see the other kids were already putting their shoes on and leaving. "Great, I guess no breakfast."

 

"Don't worry, Eunyoungie packed you a delicious lunch," the director said as he handed his lunch. "Now go Junhong."

He quickly put on his shoes and ran out of the orphanage towards the group of students walking to school.

 

"Noona!" Junhong shouted, trying to catch up to her.

 

She turned around and smiled, "Hurry Junhong!" She reached into her backpack and pulled out a cereal bar. "Here. If you woke up earlier, you would have eaten the delicious breakfast ahjumma made for us."

 

Junhong quickly unwrapped it and took a bite. "Gomawo noona, but call me Zelo! All my friends call me that."

 

“Aish Junhong, I mean, Zelo. Happy?” Eunyoung asked as they walked throughout the busy streets of Seoul towards Daejin High School. Reaching the front entrance gates, Eunyoung fixed Zelo’s shirt collar. "Alright, be good today and no fighting."

 

"Yes noona." Zelo saw his friends walking towards them and took a step back. "You're embarrassing me, noona!"

 

Zelo had his four best friends that stuck with him through anything,  the good and the bad, during his high school years. Although mostly all of them were older than him, they treated him as a good dongsaeng. Together, they were supposedly the trouble-makers in school, wearing their uniforms however they wanted it and styling their hair, breaking school rules. Their group was called, B.A.P, or Best Absolute Perfect. Guys wouldn’t dare mess with them and girls admired how handsome they were. They got into fights constantly, but Eunyoung and the director warned Zelo to stop, so they had been keeping out of trouble. Zelo's friends had also become close friends to Eunyoung, since they were all almost the same age and also because Zelo made everyone hang out together.

 

Eunyoung and Zelo walked towards them. "Annyeong guys!" She smiled and waved hello.

 

"Eunyoung!" the boy with a deep voice shouted. He smiled and noticed his tie wasn't straight as he quickly fixed it.

 

"Hyung, what did I tell you?” the other boy whispered to his hyung, observing how Yongguk was cleaning himself up. “Yongguk-hyung has a thing for noona."

 

His hyung looked at him. "Yah Youngjae!" He exclaimed and punched his shoulder. "Keep your mouth shut."

 

Eunyoung looked at Youngjae rubbing his shoulder. "Himchan, did you hit poor little Youngjae?" She walked past Yongguk and Himchan towards Youngjae to see if Youngjae was alright.

 

"Noona! It was just a light punch!" Himchan complained, jealous of the attention Youngjae was getting.

 

Being the leader of the group, Yongguk hit Himchan in the head. "Yah! No hitting the dongsaengs!"

 

Himchan rubbed the spot he was hit in his head. "Hyung! That means no hitting me either!"

 

Yongguk pushed Himchan aside and made his way closer to Eunyoung. Youngjae met his eyes and saw Yongguk signal him to leave. “Oh! I’m better now. Gomawo noona!” He smiled and joined the others as they slowly walked away, trying to eavesdrop without making it obvious.

 

Yongguk flashed his famous gummy smile and waved. "Good morning noona.” When he wasn’t with the guys, he would act like a total gentleman to Eunyoung.

 

Eunyoung was confused at how the whining Youngjae suddenly felt better. “Oh, annyeong Yongguk-ah. How are you?”

 

Yongguk stared at her bright smile, one of the features he loved about her and of course, her medium-length brown hair she always let loose. He had feelings for her, but being the clueless guy he was, he didn’t know it was obvious to the rest of the guys.

 

Being around her for the past couple of years still made him nervous around her, so he blurted out, “I like your uniform noona!”

 

Eunyoung looked down at her uniform. “Uh, thanks?”

 

Her uniform was different than his. For example, her uniform consisted of a white collared shirt, black buttoned blazer, plaid skirt and matching tie. Since they attended different high schools, Yongguk’s uniform was simpler, and since he didn’t follow the dress code, his uniform made his more different. Instead of dress shoes, he wore sneakers. He at least followed the rules to wearing gray dress pants, and white collared shirt with gray tie. That was the difference in going to a private school and public school.

 

“You know, I wish we could wear whatever we wanted at school,” Yongguk said.

 

Eunyoung chuckled. “I actually like uniforms.”

 

Yongguk tried to regain himself. “Oh! Me too! I just hear a lot of people complain.”

 

Eunyoung laughed. “You’re funny, Yongguk-ah.”

 

Now is the time, Yongguk thought to himself. “Noona, I actually wanted to ask you if-”

 

“Eunyoung-ah!” a boy shouted in front of them. They turned to see smiling young guy inside a red Audi convertible parked in front of the street by the gates. The boy waved and got out of the car, running over to Eunyoung as he put on his blazer. He was wearing the same uniform as Eunyoung, except he wore black pants instead of a skirt. Unlike Yongguk and the boys, Daehyun was well dressed in his uniform, from his expensive leather shoes, to his neat haircut.

 

Surprised, Eunyoung asked, “Daehyun-oppa, you really were serious on picking me up every day, huh?”

 

“Of course! I wasn’t going to let you ride the bus.” Daehyun gave her a hug, making Yongguk jealous.

 

“It’s alright, I can easily take the bus.”

 

"Ani Eunyoung!" Daehyun noticed how Eunyoung was signaling hiim to say hello to her friend. Finally acknowledging Yongguk, Daehyun said, “Annyeong.”

 

“‘Sup?” Yongguk asked, trying to make his voice more huskier.

 

“Aren’t you late?” Daehyun asked as he saw the students running inside behind him.

 

Yongguk turned and saw B.A.P signaling for him to come.

 

Yongguk tried to keep his composure. “I can be tardy if I want to.”

 

“Yongguk-ah! You’re going to make Zelo late.” Eunyoung looked at her watch. “We’re going to be late!”

 

“Really?” Daehyun asked as he looked at his watch. “Let’s go!” He grabbed Eunyoung’s hand and led her to his car.

 

Eunyoung looked back and waved with her other hand. “Bye Yongguk-ah!” She got inside the car as Daehyun shut the door.

 

He looked back at a jealous Yongguk and smirked. “What kind of boyfriend would I be making my girlfriend late?”

Eunyoung put on her seatbelt on as he sat in the drivers seat and drove off.

 

Yongguk watched them take off and then ran to the others to go to class.

 

“Hyung!” Himchan yelled. “Your flirting made us later than usual!”

 

“If it wasn’t for that rich boy I would have finally asked her out!” Yongguk exclaimed as the group ran inside the building. “But he called her his girlfriend.”

 

"Don't worry hyung," Himchan said. "That jerk Daehyun always tries to make you jealous in front of Eunyoung-noona."

 

The girls in the hallway admired the guys walking past them, sighing and commenting how handsome they looked in the morning. The other students, on the other hand, avoided eye contact to avoid trouble.

 

Before separating to their homerooms, Zelo told Yongguk. “Don’t worry hyung, Daehyun-hyung isn’t Eunyoung-noona’s boyfriend.”

 

Yongguk smiled and headed to his homeroom.

 

“Well, at least that’s what I think so,” Zelo whispered to himself.

 


Hello my fellow readers! I decided to start out the story while everyone was in their last years of high school, but don't worry! The story will progress quickly to present time! ;D

As always, I hope you subscribe and comment your opinions! They are very much appreciated!

~vipmblaq