Announcement

Shared Responsibilities (Closing story to I'm Different, Crazy and Our World)

Junhyung's POV

When I opened my eyes, I almost screamed when I saw Haneul staring at me.

“Wh.. what?” I asked, still recovering from the shock.

“Come here.” She said, pulling me to the window.

I winced when the sunlight hurt my eyes when she drew opened the curtains.

“What do you see?” She asked, pointing down.

“Huh? Our backyard. What about it?” I asked.

“Exactly. All you see is just our backyard. I should be the one asking you what about it.” She said.

“Huh?” I was still confused.

“Where is my pyramid!?” She shouted into my face.

“I.. I…” I was lost for words.

“Where’s the divorce papers?” She asked, looking dead serious.

“What!? What!?” My eyes widened.

“Where. Are. The. Papers!?” She yelled.

“I… I.. No. Lionny, you cannot do this to me! How can you!? It’s just a freaking pyramid!” I explained.

“Freaking pyramid? Then since it’s just a freaking pyramid, why didn’t you make it!? Why!?” She yelled.

“I…” I muttered.

“What are you doing!?” I yelled in shock when I saw her searching around my desk.

“Stop it! Stop it, please!” I begged her, hugging her from behind to prevent her from moving.

She elbowed me in my chest and pushed me away.

“No, no, no, no, no!!!” I yelled when she successfully found where I kept those papers.

“Sign it.” She said, throwing a pen into my face.

“How could you do this to me over a pyramid!?” I asked.

“Why not!? You broke your promise towards me! If you didn’t think it was possible to do it, then why promise me in the first place!? Sign it! I don’t need a liar for a husband!” She grabbed my hand, forcing the pen into my palm.

“NOOOOOOOOOO!!!” I yelled and tried to pull my hand back.

I was trying to resist and not hurt her at the same time, but it was pretty much impossible.

“SIGN IT!!!!!” She demanded.

“What did I do? I’ll build you the pyramid now. Just don’t do this to me.” I begged her, crying.

“You wouldn’t sign it?” She asked.

“No, I can’t. I can’t! We can’t!” I yelled.

“Then use your thumbprint.” She said, pulling out an inkpad from the desk and forcing my thumb onto it.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!” I cried when she pressed my thumb against the paper.

Is this over? Are we really going to get divorce over a stupid pyramid? How is this possible? How did things end up this way? I cannot accept it, but what can I do now? It has been done. 

“I’ll build you a freaking pyramid. I’ll build you one! I swear I’ll do it! I’ll go buy sand now and build you one! Please don’t do this to me! No, no, no. Please don’t!” I cried, getting down on my knees to beg her.

I looked up when I heard her laughing.

 “I can’t continue this with you looking like that.” She laughed.

“What?” I asked.

“Happy April’s Fool~” She grinned.

I took a glance at the date. 1st April.

“This. Is. The. Meanest. Prank. A. Wife. Could. Play. On. Her. Husband. MEANEST!” I glared at her.

“It’s once a year. What significance would there be if it’s not mean enough?” She said, sitting legs crossed on the bed.

“How could you do this to me? How could you? You think it’s funny? Using divorce to play pranks on me? You really think it’s funny, huh? Haneul? Really? Is this a joke to you?” I asked.

I should not be behaving like this, but I could not control myself. I was so scared just now, and then she said it was all a joke. I should be happy. I should be glad that we are not getting a divorce, but I cannot help but feel angry too. How can she toy with my emotions like that?

“I…” She muttered.

“You got to stop being so childish, Haneul. You really have to stop.” I said, not really meaning it.

She kept quiet, looking down, her lower lip stuck out.

“There are many things that can and cannot be used to play pranks on. Emotions are an example of what you should never toy with. This is not funny, Haneul. I’m impressed by your ability to carry out the entire prank so professionally, but I hate it. From the bottom of my heart, I hate it.” I said, walking out of the room.

I saw Tae Hyun standing against the wall, looking at me innocently.

“You’re up? Did we wake you?” I asked, trying to sound as normal as possible.

“Umma is back?” He asked.

“Yea, she is. Go in and say hi~” I said, giving him a pat on his head before heading downstairs.

I turned when I heard footsteps behind me. Why was Tae Hyun following me?

“You need something?” I asked.

“No. Do I have to need something to come to you?” He asked.

I let out a small smile and opened my arms, inviting him in for a hug.

“Appa, you look sad~” He said, resting his head against my shoulder.

“I am quite sad.” I said, holding him close to me.

“Why?” He asked.

“Just…” I muttered.

“Aren’t you supposed to be happy when Umma is back?” He asked.

“I am.” I said.

“Is it because Umma did something mean?” He asked.

“She didn’t.” I said.

“I heard it, Appa. You were scolding her for being mean.” He said with a slight pout.

“Are you angry that I scolded your Umma?” I asked.

“No. If Umma did something wrong, then no.” He said.

“I guess I was being too sensitive.” I said.

“But Appa, don’t be angry for long.” He said.

I looked at him, confused.

“Didn’t you always tell me that as guys, we should not take things to heart and be it whether we are right or wrong, always be the first to forgive? You always tell me that when Ji Eun makes me angry.” He said.

I smiled and kissed him on his forehead.

“My baby boy is teaching me how to forgive? Ahh~ I taught well~” I chuckled.

“But Appa, I think sometimes it is also okay to not be the first to forgive. Only like that can they know that just because they are girls and that they can cry does not mean they always have their way.” He said.

I laughed out at his statement.

“You seem to know a lot~” I said.

“I just don’t think it is right to always forgive Ji Eun at everything she does wrong. Arghhh so annoying!” He pouted.

I hugged him and kissed him on his cheek.

“Aigoo~ My baby boy has so much unhappiness in him?” I asked.

“Sometimes I want to give Ji Eun a punch, but at the same time I want to protect her from the punch too. It’s annoying!” He frowned.

“Because you love your sister, that’s why.” I said.

“And you love Umma too.” He said, winking at me.

“Ayee~” I said and started tickling him.

Haneul’s POV

I sat on the bed thinking over what Junhyung said to me. I guess I really did go too far with my April’s Fool prank. It was funny when I thought about it, perhaps because I never expected his reaction to be like that. To be honest, when he started crying and begging me, I was a little taken aback too. I thought it might dawn on him that it was April’s Fool, but I was wrong. Ahh Junhyung~

I stood up when I heard a knock on the door, thinking it was him. But instead, a small body came in.

“Tae Hyun?” I called out.

“Umma!” He smiled as he ran towards me, hugging me tightly.

“I miss you, Umma! I miss you!” He pouted.

“I miss you too.” I smiled, kissing him on his forehead.

“Are you going to leave soon?” He asked.

I shook my head.

“Really?” His eyes lit up.

“Yes, baby. I’m not going to leave.” I said.

“Yayeee!” He started dancing around the room.

“Have you… seen your Appa?” I asked.

He let out a cheeky grin, telling me indirectly that he knew something.

“What?” I asked.

“You’re looking for Appa? Are you going to say sorry?” He asked.

“Sorry?” I asked.

“Of course. You made Appa cry, you have to say sorry.” He said.

I could feel my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. Having my son to tell me what to do, how embarrassing is this?

“Aye Umma~ Everyone makes mistakes, isn’t this what you always say?” He said as he climbed to sit on my lap.

“But not everyone makes a grave mistake all the time.” I said, resting my chin on top of his head.

“Then say a biggggggggggggggg sorry~” He said, his arms out stretched.

“Would it work?” I laughed.

“On other people, I don’t know. On Appa, definitely.” He said.

“So confident?” I asked.

“Of course! Appa is like a ball of cotton wool when it comes to Umma.” He said.

“Are you calling your Appa a cottonball?” I asked.

“Isn’t he cute?” He squealed.

“He sure is, and so are you.” I said, pushing him onto the bed to tickle him.

He was a laughing mess under me.

“Alright, alright. Enough.” I said, pulling him to sit up.

“Coke room, Umma.” He said.

“What?” I asked.

“Coke room! Appa is in the coke room aish!” He grumbled like an old man before walking out.

“When did you learn to talk like an ahjusshi!?” I asked.

“You turned me into an ahjusshi!” He retorted back, leaving me speechless.

I went downstairs and stood outside of Junhyung’s coke room. I let out a sigh before knocking on the door.

“May I come in?” I asked.

“It’s your house, so why bother asking?” He replied.

I pushed open the door to find him sitting at the corner, playing with the can of Coke in his hand.

“Not going to drink it?” I asked as I sat down beside him.

“Do you have to bother about that as well?” He asked coldly.

“No. Of course not.” I muttered.

We sat in silence. I started piling up the cans of Coke.

“What are you doing?” He asked.

“Building… you a Coke pyramid.” I muttered.

He rolled his eyes and looked away.

“Stop it! Stop making me want to forgive you so easily because I want to stay angry with you!” He said.

I giggled at his statement and forced myself into his arms.

“Sorry, Junroro~ Sorry for being such a childish idiot.” I said, poking his chest.

“I’m still angry.” He said, trying to hide the smile that was creeping onto his face.

“Okay, stay angry then. I’ll accept it.” I said.

“You really scared me, Haneul ah~ Stop doing things like that~” He said, circling his arms around me tighter.

“So I succeed in my prank after all?” I asked.

“Yea. You succeeded. Happy?” He asked.

“No, no, no. Not happy at all. No.” I said.

“I’m really fine with you playing pranks on me, but using that, it’s just too much.” He said.

“I’m sorry.” I apologized.

“Don’t ever do that again.” He said.

“Never again. Not like we can ever have a chance. Since this is already done.” I said, showing him the divorce papers.

His face paled.

“You… really…” He muttered.

“No. Please. No.” He said, his eyes teary.

“Okay.” I smiled, tearing the papers up.

His expression softened.

“Thank you.” He muttered softly.

“I made those, Junroro. How can I use such important papers for a prank, right? Here are the original. Keep them well.” I said, handing the original copy to him.

He dropped the papers, and then stared blankly at them.

“Drink the can of Coke. Sugar makes one happy.” I said before leaving the room.

Yes, I may be at fault by going too far with my prank, but this does not give him the rights to be so rude towards me, no? This is just a small punishment, Junhyung ah.

“WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO STOP PRANKING ME!?” I heard him yell.

I turned back to find him staring at me with teary eyes, clutching the papers in his hand.

“I thought you would never find out.” I smiled.

“Stop doing this to me! I cannot take so many pranks in a day!” He cried.

“Did you rather it be true then? I can always ask for another copy.” I said.

“NO! NO! NO! STOP!!!” He stomped his feet.

“Okay, okay~ I’ll stop.” I hugged him, caressing his back to calm him down.

I had tore up the original copy and handed him the one I made. I deliberately printed them on recycled papers just to test to see if he would find out fast enough. I thought he would take forever to realize, but he seemed sharper this time.

“So… we’re not going to get a divorce anymore? The papers aren’t valid?” He asked.

“Well, if you try get yourself killed again, I can always go ask for them again.” I said.

His face twisted in discomfort.

“Just behave yourself.” I winked at him before kissing him on his lips.

“Oh, Happy April’s Fool.” I whispered into his ear.

“It’s not happy at all.” He grumbled.

“Actually, the actual copy is still in the room. Both of them here is what I made.” I whispered to him before walking off.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!” He shouted.

I could only laugh. Why is he so stupidly cute?

“And oh,” I turned back.

“I still want my pyramid.” I winked at him.

“ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!” He went crazy.

Seungho’s POV

“Deedee, what is this?” Minki asked, poking the rice bag that I was still carrying.

Yes, I am still carrying it, and my back is starting to hurt already, but Minji showed no sign of mercy.

“Rice.” I muttered.

“Why are you carrying rice? Are you a farmer?” She asked.

I looked at her, confused.

“Minki darling, your Deedee is not a farmer. He is carrying the rice because he said something wrong.” Minji said, carrying Minki.

“Opps!” Minki’s eyes widened. She covered .

“Minki did nothing wrong, so why are you reacting like that?” Minji laughed.

“I called Deedee a farmer. Is it wrong? I don’t want to carry the rice!!!” She started crying.

“No, no, no. I would never make you carry rice. Aigoo~ What’s wrong with my baby?” Minji coaxed Minki.

“Do I really have to go out like that?” I asked her.

“You can take it out and never come back again, or you can don’t go out at all, or, you can just be a good boy and let’s go. Your choice.” She said.

“Are those even choices?” I muttered.

She shrugged her shoulders.

I sighed, knowing that I could not win her.

“Made your decision?” She asked as she put on Minki’s shoes for her.

“Yes.” I mumbled.

“And what should that be?” She asked.

“Let’s go.” I muttered as I headed outside to start the car.

We planned to meet the rest for dinner and at the same time tell them about Minji’s pregnancy. But carrying this stupid bag of rice made me lose my mood totally.

“I’ll park the car, go in first.” I said when we arrived at the venue.

“Don’t look so sulky.” She said.

“My whole body is aching, okay?” I said, feeling angry for no reason.

“Now you know?” She smiled as she got out of the car with Minki.

“AISH!!!” I punched the steering wheel.

When I went into the restaurant, everyone was already there.

“Hyung, why are you carrying a bag of rice? They have rice in the restaurant, you need not bring your own.” Mir laughed.

“Don’t even try to tease me. I’m warning you.” I said angrily.

The noise died down and I could feel eyes on me.

“Erm… Let’s order, shall we?” Junhyung broke the silence.

“Yea, yea. Let’s order.” G.O said as he handed out the menu.

Throughout dinner, I felt so lousy I wish I could bury head into the ground.

“Hyung, you okay?” Junhyung asked as he came to sit next to me.

“Yea.” I muttered.

“You don’t look okay. What’s wrong? And seriously, why are you carrying this?” He asked, pointing to the bag of rice.

“Long story, Jun. Blame me and my stupid mouth.” I muttered, stabbing the piece of pork on my plate.

I did not even have the appetite to eat.

“Ahhh~ Did you scold her for playing an April’s Fool joke on you?” He asked.

“What April’s Fool?” I asked, confused.

“Today is April’s Fool. I got prank badly by Haneul this morning.” He said.

“Today is April’s Fool?” I asked.

He nodded.

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

“I wish this was an April’s Fool joke. But it’s not.” I said.

“Ahhh~ You really made her angry?” He asked.

“I said something I shouldn’t say. It was a slip of tongue. Or rather, it really did not mean anything but God knows what is going through the emotions of pregnant women.” I said.

“Pregnant women’s emotions are really that of a roller coaster gone mad huh~” He laughed.

“Exactly. Say something wrong and they make you do things like that.” I smacked the bag of rice.

“Pregnant… wait, did you just mean… Minji is pregnant too?” He asked, his eyes widened.

“Too?” I asked, surprised.

“Haneul… is pregnant.” He said.

“Haneul!?” I yelled in surprised.

“What about me?” Haneul asked.

“You’re pregnant?!” I asked.

“You’re pregnant!?” Minji’s eyes widened.

“I am.” Haneul said with a smile.

Minji started laughing and hugging Haneul.

“Me too, guys~” She grinned.

“Oh my god.” Doojoon laughed, giving hi-fives to Junhyung and I.

After a few rounds of congratulations and whatnot, the two girls were still hugging each other in joy, while everyone else smiled at Junhyung and I with the ‘welcome to hell, again’ look on their face.

I guess at least if anything goes wrong during this period of time, I have a buddy to confide in.

“It’s okay, hyung. You are not alone. You have me.” Junhyung said, squeezing me on my shoulder.

“So do you.” I muttered.

“Deedee, you’re pregnant!?” Minki asked cheekily.

Everyone burst into laughter. Even my daughter is into teasing me now!?