The beginning

Shared Responsibilities (Closing story to I'm Different, Crazy and Our World)

Junhyung’s POV

“Did I hurt you?” I heard Haneul ask as I was lying on the sofa, still staring at the pregnancy test kit.

I shook my head and smiled at her. She sighed and came down to sit beside me.

“Why are you still playing with this thing?” She asked, taking the stick away from me.

“It’s mine!” I whined.

“It’s mine.” She laughed.

“It’s mine…” I pouted.

“This is yours.” She said, taking my hand and pressing it against her belly.

“It’s ours.” I corrected her.

She smiled and leaned forward to kiss me on my lips.

“You totally spoilt my holiday, Yong Junhyung. You’re going to pay the price for it.” She said.

“Where were you when you found out?” I asked, letting her lie down against my chest as I held her close to me.

“I was in Egypt. I endured the flight there, and then had to come back even before seeing the mummies and pyramids and whatnot. All your fault.” She punched my chest lightly.

I laughed and hugged her tighter.

“Aigoo~ It’s been hard on you.” I said, kissing her on her cheek.

“I’m going to make this nine months as tortuous as possible for you. I swear.” She smirked evilly.

“Anything you say, Lionny.” I smiled.

“Let’s go back to the room. It’s late.” She said, pulling me up.

She yelped when I scooped her up into my arms and carried her upstairs.

“I can walk.” She said.

“But I don’t want to let you.” I said.

“I see that you kept the house pretty clean these two weeks.” She said.

“Ahhh~” I nodded, looking away.

“What? It’s not you?” She asked.

“Heee~” I grinned.

“Who?” She asked.

“Just someone.” I muttered.

“Who?” She asked again.

“I paid for someone to do it.” I admitted.

“Paid who?” She asked.

My heart started racing. Haneul never liked the idea of having a stranger in our home, that is why she rather clean it herself than hire someone else to do it. I let her down to sit down on the bed gently.

“I hired.. a part-time maid.” I said.

Her eyes widened, but she was trying to control her expression.

“I know you don’t like it. Neither do I. Having someone else to take care of the house and the kids when they are supposed to be my responsibility, I don’t like that idea too. But darling, I…” I muttered.

“You’re busy, I know.” She said.

“I shouldn’t be doing this.” I mumbled.

“It’s fine. I totally understand.” She smiled, cupping my cheeks.

“Really?” I asked.

“Yea. But now that I am back, go call the part-timer and tell her she does not need to come again.” She said.

“But… she can help you too, no?” I asked.

“Call her and tell her she does not need to come again.” She said, eyes shooting laser glares at me.

“Okay, I will call her right away.” I said, hurrying off to go get my phone.

But, of course I did not call the part-timer now. It is almost 4AM. Instead, I sent her a text message, and then went off to do something else. When I came back, Haneul was lying on the bed, staring into space.

“What took you so long?” She grumbled, still not looking at me.

I said nothing, except stood in front of her. When she saw me, she burst into laughter, almost falling off the bed.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?” She laughed, smacking my arm.

“Don’t do that! It will fall out!” I said, trying hard to not giggle or else my toilet paper bandages might fall out.

“Yong Mummy~” She said.

“You missed the one in Egypt. So please just settle for this Korean one. It’s exclusive, okay? Only for you.” I said.

“How many rolls of toilet paper did you use!? And why is the mummy talking?” She asked.

I let myself fall onto the bed.

“So…. Are you going to remain like that?” She asked, poking my nose.

“If you wish.” I said.

“Okay then! Good night~” She smiled, kicking me off the bed, literally.

“Ahh!” I winced when I hit the ground.

“WHY DIDN’T YOU HOLD YOURSELF UP!?” Her eyes widened.

“Look at me and tell me how!” I said.

“Awww~” She chuckled as she helped me up.

“Aigoo~ You’re so sweaty~” She said as she pulled the toilet paper off me.

“I’m sorry about you not being able to see the mummies. I’ll pay for your next trip, okay?” I said.

“Of course you’re paying.” She smiled.

“Omo~ We need to catch a few hours of sleep before the kids wake up and wreck havoc.” I said, tucking her into bed.

“Junroro,” She called out.

“Hmm?” I responded.

“Are you going to build me a pyramid too?” She asked.

I choked on my own saliva.

"What?" I asked.

"A pyramid! It comes together with the mummy, no? Build a pyramid!" She insisted.

"Where? How?" I asked.

"In our backyard! It's big enough! How? I don't know. You find out." She said.

"But.. but.." I muttered.

"You're not going to build me a pyramid?" She asked, sounding as though she was about to cry.

"I will, I will. I'll build you the pyramid." I muttered.

"Yay! Will I see it tomorrow?" She asked excitedly.

"EH!?" I got a shock. Tomorrow!?

Build a pyramid? Where? In our backyard? Haneul, seriously?

***
Seungho’s POV

“Would you like a boy or a girl this time?” Minji asked when we were both in bed.

“Does it matter?” I asked.

“No, just that… I wanted to know.” She said.

“I really have no preference. I mean, boy or girl, still our child.” I said.

“Yea~” She hummed.

“If it’s a boy, I’ll teach him how to be a b-boy. If it’s a girl, I’ll treat her like a princess.” I said.

“So do you want a boy or a girl?” She asked.

“Both would be good.” I said.

She smacked me on my chest.

“We can have both if it’s you giving birth. I don’t mind even ten.” She said.

“Sorry, sorry, sorry~” I apologized.

“You think it’s easy, huh? It’s like having a freaking ball come out of you through that tiny place. How would you feel if I stretched you from this end of the room to the other?” She asked.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” I apologized again.

“All you guys want are babies, babies and more babies, but you know nothing about the pain we go through.” She said.

“I understand…” I muttered, but instantly regretted for even opening my mouth.

“You understand!?” She sat up, staring at me.

“You don’t understand! Do you know how it feels like to carry a watermelon for nine months, and aside that, having to live life as per normal? Do you want to try!?” She asked.

I shook my head.

“You need to try.” She said, getting out of bed.

“We don’t have a watermelon at home!” I grabbed her hand.

“But we have rice.” She smiled, pushing my hand away as she headed down.

“Darling!!!!!!!” I ran after her.

“No, no, no. Please don’t do this. Fine, fine. I get it. I mean, I don’t understand. I really don’t.” I begged.

“Then you ought to understand.” She said.

“Are you really going to do this to me?” I asked as she strapped a 5KG bag of rice to my waist.

“This will teach you a lesson to think before you speak.” She said.

“But it’s not like you are instantly 5KG heavier the moment you are pregnant.” I said.

She narrowed her eyes at me.

“Are you bargaining with me now? Do I look like the market to you?” She asked.

“No. No.” I muttered.

“Time to sleep.” She smiled and went back upstairs, leaving me to stand here with a bag of rice. I followed behind her with heavy steps.

“When can I take this out?” I asked, pouting to look cute, but failed, obviously.

“When your child comes out.” She smiled.

I lied on the bed, groaning as the weight from the rice press against me.

Yang Seungho, when would you ever learn to shut up?” I muttered to myself.

“Did you say something?” She asked.

“No.” I said.

“Good night, Lucky.” She said, kissing me on my cheek.

“What so good about the night?” I mumbled.

“What?” She asked.

“Good night, my darling.” I said.

“Hee~” She cuddled against me as she slept.

While she slept soundly, I was awake the whole night trying to breathe properly with that stupid bag of rice on me. 

***
tumblrm562xg1fzg1r7mqq6.gifJunhyung: Build a pyramid? Where? In our backyard? Haneul, seriously?

tumblrmjt5v6ok5z1qg5nya.gifSeungho: Are you really going to do this to me?