Wake Up

Locked Up

 

Luhan felt his head pulse as he turned over groggily. A cold sensation prickled his milky skin as his jaw fell slack. his dry, cracked lips he felt bile form in his throat as he rolled around, almost onto his face, meeting cold stone.

 

Forcing his eye’s open, he felt them sting in the dull, grey light. Choking slightly he leaned upwards slightly. His body felt heavy as he slowly forced his body into a slouching position. His shoulders and head both rolled forward, gazing with burning eyes at the grey slabs of the small room.

 

Lifting his arm slowly upwards he felt his muscled tremble from exhaustion. Lacing his fingers through his hair he felt his fingers grow numb from the completely average task.

 

Searing pain laced through his veins. Wincing he gazed at his dirt caked arm and felt his throat catch. Immediately bile came up to meet his mouth as he felt his body tremble violently in revulsion. A thick, black symbol laced across the inside of his wrist. Shakily he ran his fingers of the burning skin. A tattoo. Somebody had tattooed him. A series of lines and circles stained his once milky skin, now blackened by a thick, scrolling mark.

Panting, he leaned against the rooms cold concrete walls. His head hung momentarily before drooping further. His eyes continued to blur and his words slurred. He had been drugged. Forcing his head back, he leaned it against the cool, damp slabs for support. Mouth half open he gazed exhaustingly around the room.

 

Squinting into the darkness he could barely make out the shape of a slender, metallic door. A small, cloudy window sat in its centre, murky and grey. Across this were three vertical bars. The door much like the bars seemed like it was corroding and rusting away. Much like how he felt his mind was.

 

Rolling his head to the side, he blinked harder into the darkness, attempting to form shapes out of the pitch. Something that looked much like a box sat in the corner. Dragging his body, he crawled across the floor. Pulling his numb legs behind him. His arm burned savagely as it touched the cool ground. Wincing, Luhan gritted his teeth and fought back the tears. With an outstretched hand he felt around in the darkness. His fingers met the boxes cold surface. His numb fingers felt around, until click.

 

Light boomed from the box. Squinting Luhan fell over himself, startled by the sudden blaze of light. Grumbling against the light he squinted harder. A television. The crackling screen lit up the room, allowing Luhan to see his surroundings only a little better.

 

Nothing was much different from what it was like in the dark. A dank, dark room that wreaked. Rusty pipes lined the filthy walls, and farther off he could make out the frame of what looked like a bed. The metal had began to corrode away, snapping and falling apart. Looking closely at the television he realised it was also very old. So old and broken that it seemed impossible that it could even work. Wherever he was, it was a very old building.

 

The crackling from the television suddenly cut off, startling Luhan slightly. The screen grew grey, and a voice began to speak. It boomed low and harsh, crackling and hissing. Luhan shivered at the sound. Whoever was speaking was more than dangerous. ‘So, I presume you have awoken. Do you know why you’re here?’ it hissed, the old speakers crackled as he spoke. A low laugh erupted, causing them to spit ‘Ofcourse you don’t…That’s why I am going to tell you. You have done something very bad my boy. You have committed a crime. So, you will be punished.’ The voice boomed malevolently in a patronizing tone. ‘There are twelve of you. Each in a different room. Your are all hearing this broadcast so listen well. You have each gained a tattoo. Master pieces, are they not?’ the voice laughed cruelly, its tone rising as he laughed. ‘Those tattoos are very important you see. You have each been split into two groups. Some of you are the hunters, and some of you are the prey. Under each television is an image of all the tattoos. Let me explain how this works. Those who are on the ‘prey’ list have all committed crimes, minor to major, you will be tracked down by those on the ‘hunter’ list, those who have followed the law well. Your tattoo tells you which side you are on. If the hunters do not succeed to kill all of the prey. Then everybody will die.’ The voice echoed, his voice bouncing off of the walls.

 

Luhan dragged his body towards the tv, sliding his hand under the television, he felt around momentarily before his fingers felt the touch of paper. Snatching it out in a wild panic. He held it between his fingers trembling. Gazing through the lists, he found the symbol on his arm. ‘Prey’. Luhan felt the bile form once more in his throat. His stomach recoiled in sickness as he curled up on the floor. He was to be hunted. Murdered in cold blood. ‘I..I’ve never committed a crime…I’ve always been good..’ he bubbled, feeling the heat rise in his cheeks. ‘Ive always been good’, he choked loudly, beating his aching arms against the block like screen.

 

‘In thirty minutes those doors will automatically unlock. You can choose to hide. Or you can choose to run. Either way, you will die. Each of you have been so kindly given a weapon. It is your choice to use it or not. Will those who have never killed, kill to save themselves? Or will those who have already sinned, continue to sin?’ The voice growled, before crackling into static once more. Luhan felt his body trembling. Fear wracked his frame as he gazed wideeyed at the printed mark in his arm. Rolling down his sleeves he sniffed and wriggled around underneath the tv.

 

With as much strength as he could muster he dragged out from underneath it what looked like a pocket knife. He felt himself choke at the sight of the pathetic blade. Opening it, it was rusted and half bent. ‘This so rigged for them to win…’ he whimpered, slumping against the wall . Folding the knife away he gazed into the darkness. Gathering any strength he could find. Choking back any tears that may fall. He had been falsely accused. That’s why he was here.

 

Thinking back, Luhan could recall that traumatising day in High School, the day the girl he had loved had been murdered in front of him. Stifling tears he curled up tight into a ball, fighting the painful thoughts. He had been framed for her murder. And to this day, he had never known who truelly done it. It stung, and burned, and caused so much grief that can never be taken back. His name had been stained and his reupation ruined.

 

A buzzer sounded faintly. Cracking the silence of the dark room. Wiping away stray tears Luhan looked up to see a faint flashing red light above the door. It blipped away, before the door unlocked.

 

Sorry this took so long to update! I've been reaaaaally busy. Hope you enjoy it either way!