Chapter 1

VOICELESS

MYUNGSOO's POV

 

"Students, settle down. I now have the results of your last quiz class." Our teacher, Mrs. Jung, just entered our classroom. She was holding a pile of marked test papers with her two hands and now she is waving it in front of us. I can hear my classmates sigh in despair upon knowing that a big "F" is waiting for us in our test papers. Mrs. Jung is our Math teacher and last week she gave us a surprise quiz. Apparently, we aren't supposed to get surprise anymore upon knowing Mrs. Jung.

 

"And of course, Suzy got the highest score once again" She said while looking at the girl sitting next to me, giving her that rare smile.

 

I took a glance at my seatmate. She also gave Mrs. Jung her genuine smile. Suzy, she's my seatmate during our Math Class. We've been classmates since last year and that's when I first met her. Specifically, Mrs. Jung told me to sit next to her because she's usually quiet. If she would allow me to sit next to my friends or my other classmates, BAM! I would surely fail my Math again. I'm not really stupid, it's just that Math isn't really my thing. Instead of listening to Mrs. Jung discussing some boring equations, I'd rather talk to my seatmate or write a song in my notebook; but that was before; ever since Suzy became my seatmate, I would listen attentively to Mrs. Jung no matter how boring the topic is. Don't get me wrong, I don't like Suzy or what, it's just that  I hate Math and I'm left with no choice but to listen attentively to Mrs. Jung. If I fail my Math again, Suzy would tutor me after the dismissal in the afternoon and if that happens, I won't be able to practice with my band mates. 

 

"Surprisingly, our second highest score is ----" Mrs. Jung didn't finish her sentence. She paused for a while to give her announcement a dramatic effect. "Myungsoo" She then said.

 

"Looks like you're being inspired seating next to Suzy-ah" She said with a hint of teasing in her voice which caught the attention of our classmates, making them turn their heads to our direction and look at us.

___________________________________

SUZY's POV

 

"Myungsoo" Mrs. Jung just announced who got the second highest in the said exam. "Looks like you're being inspired seating next to Suzy-ah" She added.

 

I was surprised when I heard her mention my name. I took a quick glance at Myungsoo and turned my gaze back to our teacher. Myungsoo has been my seatmate ever since school started. Last school year, he was often scolded by Mrs. Jung because she would always caught him not listening to her discussion, but rather writing songs in his notebook or talking to his seatmate. When school started this year, Mrs. Jung arranged a seating arrangement for us, which will apparently be used throughout the whole school year and she emphasized that Myungsoo would be seating next to me so that I could influence him to do better in Math. She even threatened Myungsoo that if he ever get another fail in Math, I would tutor him for an hour after our dismissal.

 

I heard one of the girl from the back say "Aigoo. I just realized that Myungsoo and Suzy would actually make a cute pair" and soon, my other classmates started to second the motion.

 

"The smart one and the popular one" Another one added.

 

"MyungZy. Their loveteam's name is so cute."

 

"Okay class, enough with the teasing." Mrs. Jung interrupted my classmates' teasing and she began to scold my other classmates who got an "F". There were about 10 of them. As she was busy telling them to  pay attention during class so that they won't get a failing grade again , I wasn't conscious that I was already looking at Myungsoo. It wasn't just a quick glance. It's more of a stare. When I realized what I was doing, I quickly diverted my attention back to Mrs. Jung. 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - 

Hellooooo~ So this is the first chapter of my story. I know that it's quite lame, really short and not good, but please forgive me. *inserts puppy eyes* I'm still a newbie when it comes to writing so yeah. Also, it's almost 11 pm here in the Philippines. I'm kinda sleepy already but i'll try to update tomorrow. Please comment and subscribe. I would really appreciate it. Thank Youuuuu