Chapter 8

She's my boss

I came to school out of breath. I was panting hard and looked around. ! Why would she even still be here? I let out a lkud breath and groaned. I wasted this chance! I finally got a time alone with her but I just let it slip! Babo! I'm so pissed off by myself that I punched a wall hard. It didn't hurt much so I repeated it but failed. My wrist was suddenly held tightly by soft hands smaller than mine.

"What are you doing now?"

"Juri.." she looked at me straight in the eyes.

"I waited for you.. And you're here punching a wall? Are you stupid?" I looked intently at her and didn't answer. She let's go of my hand and started to walk. I followed her of course.

"I already know this place so I don't need you to tour me around. But.. how 'bout you take me on a date?"

"Mwo!? Date?" My eyes widened at her. Her eyes also widened. She must've realised what she said. She face-palmed herself and started knocking her heard with her fist.

"Aish! Babo yah!" I heard her whisper to herself. I chuckled at this cuteness. This is just something.

"Date it is."

"Ah! That's-"

"What you want? Araso. We'll do just that."

"No! You-"

"Are handsome? Thanks. You're not so bad yourself."

"Aish! Myungsoo! I'm-"

"In love with me? Don't worry, I'm in love with you too." After I said that, I stopped walking and mentally punched myself. I turned around and saw Juri stopped too. She was looking at me weirdly.

"I-" Then she laughed awkwardly.

"Ahaha.. that's so funny Myungsoo. But it's horribly corny." She said. Phew!

"Haha yeah! I guess you didn't fall for it." I said. Although I can feel the blush coming on so I turned away from her.

"Let's go. I'll treat you to a restaurant downtown.

"Okay.." I walked ahead of her and I felt sad. Way to go, L. I still don't even know my feelings for her and now I blurted I'm in love. I stopped for a while because I felt Juri grabbed on my jacket from behind. I looked back at her and she was looking at something so seriously. I followed her gaze and I saw a group of men walking. She must be really afraid of gangs.

"Gwenchana. I'm here." I said and took her hand. She didn't speak while we walk. She didn't let go of my hand nor complain so I guess we were good. We ate at a good restaurant downtown and she bought some accessories herself. We stopped by a jewelry shop and we both looked around. A woman approached me.

"What are you looking for? Couple's rings?" I shook my head and she just smilrd lightly and glanced at Juri.

"She's still beautiful as always."

"You know her?" I asked. She looked back at me and nodded.

"The last time she came here, she bought a necklace for male. But last time, she looked sad." I turned my glance to Juri and sighed. This girl can always take my breath away and make me speechless. So, I did buy a ring but it doesn't have a partner like couples had. We walked again hand in hand to her home. It was quite far but we didn't have money anymore so, we walk. I talked to her so the silence won't be awkward.

"May I ask you something?"

"Yeah, it's okay." She answered.

"Dongwoo hyung mentioned that you have a bad past with gangsters so you hate them. What happened?" I felt her hand go cold and her go grip loosened but I didn't let her hand go.

"I.. I got in a situation where two gangs were having a fight and I was kinda in between.." she said but it sounded unsure. We already reached her house and I slowly let go of her hand. I didn't say anything and just turned to go.

"Myungsoo.." I hear my name from her even if it was just a whisper. I turned around and saw her with a nervous look. A beautiful nervous look. She stepped forward and  let out a breath and spoke,

"Give me your hand. May it be left or right." She said. I raised my left hand and she pulled it to her.To my surprise, she pulled a ring from her pocket with her othr hand and put it on my thumb.

"Uh.. that's my thank you. For everything. Bye then!" She said quickly turning around. I glanced at the ring wide eyed then grabbed her wrist.

"Wait! Wait." I said. She turned around too and saw pink-stained cheeks. I shoved my hand in my pocket and pulled the ring I brought earlier. I wanted to put it on her index finger but it was too big so I put it also on her thumb. She stared at it and so did I.

"I.. I'll always protect you. I said and kissed her ring. She looked at me with soft eyes.

"Myungsoo.." she said but I shushed her from speaking when I put my lips on hers.