Chapter 4

She's my boss

L's POV: 

"Hello.." the girl said shyly. She was pretty. She looked like a doll with the darkest hair I've ever seen. I eyed her curiously as I didn't know who she was and why was she talking to me.

"Myungsoo-ah, be nice to her. She's the same age as you. She is the youngest daughter of the Shin Group CEO. We will be business partners with them." I nodded at my eomma's statement but my eyes never left hers.

"What's your name?" I asked her when our parents left us. A smile slowly appeared on her lips.

"I'm Shin--"

 

My eyes slowly opens as light struck my face. Where am I? Am I at an enemy's quarters? I stood up quickly and felt something drop from my shoulders. It was a blanket. I looked at it confused.

"You may eat here if you want but feel free to leave at your own will." A lady's voice spoke. Ah, I remember now. I bowed lightly at her.

"Good morning. I'm sorry for the intrusion." I said, not making eye contact with her.

"It's okay. My sister has a kind heart. Break it, don't think about it. She'll break you neck herself." Juri's sister threatened.

"Eonni, he's just a classmate." Juri came down sprinting from the stairs. She nodded once at me and took a bread from the table. Her sister kissed her temple and let her leave at once. I bowed once again to Juri's sister and followed her outside.

"You should probably go home." She said while she handed me a bread that I gladly accepted.

"Yeah I should, thanks for the.. this." I said, pointing at the bread. We headed separate ways but we always met at school. We became acquainted but we were never close. After 2 months of summer class, I won't probably see her until the start of our 3rd year in college, that is if she was taking the same course as mine. It was finally the last exam for our summer class. And before the exam starts, I would always go to the faculty room to get myself some answers. However, I'm not the usual loner this summer. Juri was here and I totally forgot about that.

"A-huh.." She said whilst tapping her foot on the floor.

"C'mon Juri, it's summer classes. No one takes this seriously." I said to her because I've been obviously caught.

"No way, Myungsoo." Yeah.., I told her that 'L' was just a joke name. I wanted at least one person to not know I'm not one of those guys who wanted to get her to their boss.

"Just let this slip-"

"I'm so excited that Juri-ssi will be on one of my classes." our eyes widened at the voices we were hearing outside. I quickly pulled her to a narrow wall to hide ourselves. I covered with my hand and shushed her. She was shooting daggers at me with those beautiful eyes.

"Stop talking or I'll kiss you!" I whispered to her. Her eyes widened and I muffled her scream with my hand. I heard the voices louder, meaning they were getting closer and I did what I definitely would regret. I kissed her. And yeah, her screaming stopped. I did say I will regret this but, I didn't. I kissed her more as I was engulfed by the emotion. The teachers' voices died down but I still didn't stop. She was the first to pull away and slapped me across my face.

"Jerk! Do whatever you want!" She said as she left and wiped harshly. I didn't bother stopping her. As much as I find our kiss ecstatic, I know there will be nothing between us. I avoided the extravagant life, I'm not getting involve in that again. I returned to class and we started the exam. When we finished, we didn't spoke to each other. She just thanked the proctor and left as soon as possible. I believe our paths won't cross anymore. She'll practically avoid me.

3 Months later..

Me and the rest of Infinite walked down the halls and the usual routines were there. Girls' flaunt all over us and other envies the charm.

"Yah, hyungs! I have someone to introduce to you guys this lunch." Sungjong said excitedly.

"Is it a girl!?"

"Aish! Always with the girls?" Hoya said as he smacked Woohyun's head lightly.

"It's a secret! But you guys really have to come! You'll be delighted!" Sungjong stated.

"Araso. We'll all be there. Is it clear boys?"

"Yes!" We answered our leader, Sunggyu. I must say, this will be the first time I'm enthusiastic to br at school. I haven't seen Juri anywhere. She must be in a different course. We went to class like usual. But this time, I was with Hoya. I always slept in class but this day seems very off. I wanted to sleep but I felt uneasy. My eyes shot to the door as soon as I heard a light knock. And there she was..

"Ah, Ms. Juri. I see you have a valid reason to be late. Let me introduce you to your classmates." Prof. Kang said quietly but I heard it all too clear. Prof. Kang turned to us and grabbed our attention.

"Class, this is Ms. Shin Juri. She will be your new classmate so please be nice to her." She bowed politely and gave a small smile at us. I felt so awe-struck now that I've seen her again. I can't stop staring at her.

"Damn, that's hot!" I heard Hoya murmured. I gave him a look and he just shrugged casually. She sat in the front row so I can see her clearly. If someone saw me like this, they might think I'm a stalker or something.

When class ended, I went to her quickly.

"Juri." I said and gave her a playful smirk. She glanced at me and her pretty smile turned into a frown. She tried to pry me off by walking away but I won't let a nice friend just go.

"Hey, didn't you miss me?"

"Myungsoo ssi, the only thing I missed in summer was my alone time so if you'll excuse me, I have somewhere to be right now." This time I let her go. I'll just talk to her again. I went outside of school where the trees and the boys are. We always ate there. Everyone but Sungjong was there.

"Sungjong?" I asked.

"He said he'll be here with a friend. And here he comes! With a..." Woohyun stopped and his jaw dropped. I turned to see why and as I expected,

"Juri.." Woohyun, Hoya, Sungyeol, and I said at the same time. They must already have known.

I had a smirk on my face again but dropped when Dongwoo abruptly stood and hugged her tight.

"Oh my god, baby! I missed you so much!" Now this is shocking. A hug and 'baby'? Were they in a relationship?