I'm Sorry

Life's Roll-a-coaster

Chapter 1: I'm sorry

 

I sunk lower, putting more of my body into the warm water. I let the bubbles cover my neck, as I lay motionless. For once, I was at peace with myself. I was so relaxed that I could hear Beethoven’s second symphony playing in my head. As fog filled the room, my mind was being cleared, emptied of all thoughts.

Then all at once, someone knocked at the door. I was startled but before I could get up I heard a familiar voice, “You lazy girl, get out, get out, get out! I’m not rich enough for you to take two hour showers!”

I got up as quickly as possible, and put on my towel. I slowly opened the door to see my aunt tapping her foot impatiently. She angrily grunted, “You stupid girl. I didn’t allow you to come to my house from America, so you could waste my money. You need to earn you stay. So do as I say before I send you back to The Parentless House.”

With that said, I rushed past my older cousin, Jaejoong, to get to my room. I flopped onto my wooden bed and let the built up tears fall.

 

Yoo Ri’s P.O.V.

All my peace is gone. All I can think about is that I HATE it here, with her! If Jaejoong wasn’t here to protect me from her real anger, then it would be unbearable, but as she said, I would rather live with her than The Parentless Home. I remember how bad life was there in The Parentless Home in America. I lived there for six months but it was hell. When I was there, I got little to no food. All my clothes were hand-me-down from kids I didn’t know and my room had ten other people there. Here in Korea, with my aunt, I have my own room, clothes, and food to eat. So, I should be thankful that I am living with the closest family I have now. And on the bright side, I only have two more years ‘til I am 18. Two more years “til I am free.

 

Jaejoong’s P.O.V.

My Mom yelled, “You stupid girl. I didn’t allow you to come to my house from America, so you could waste my money. You need to earn you stay. So do as I say before I send you back to The Parentless House.” She rushed past me to get to her room and I saw a tear fall from her eye but I didn’t say anything to her. “Mom,” my mom turned around and looked at me with the remaining bitterness she had toward Yoo Ri. “What.” “Why do you have to be so mean to her? Hasn’t she gone through enough? My mom looked away from me. She walked to her room with her head held high, as if I didn’t say a thing. I sighed and turned toward Yoo Ri’s room to go check on her. I knocked on her door, to hear cries, “I’m sorry. I’m sorry. Please allow me to put on my clothes, clean the house, and make breakfast. I chuckled at her pleas. I was going to mess with her but I thought I’d give her a break, “Its Jaejoong. Hurry up and put some clothes on.”

 

Yoo Ri’s P.O.V.

What a relief, but I should have guessed it was him. He always checks on me. I did as he instructed, “Okay you can come in now.” Jaejoong came in. I tried to pull together a smile but he saw right through it, “You know Yoo Ri, you don’t have to fake happiness in front of me.” “I’m okay Oppa. I’m used to it you know.” Jaejoong hugged me, “Doesn’t mean it don’t hurt.” I assured him I was fine. He looked at me with an “I believe you look,” but he didn’t look completely convinced. I knew I would get in trouble if I didn’t do as my aunt said so I broke away from his hug, “I’m going to make breakfast.” He pulled me back, “no you’re going to be late for school so let me drive you to school.’ “But…,” Jaejoong cut me off. “I’ll come back and make my mom breakfast.” With that said, I looked at the time and then at Jaejoong. I was going to nod but he dragged me out the front door band to his car before I could.

 

 

Okayy so how was it. I know it was short. Anyways, Please comment, even if you didn’t like it, I want to get better so comment. And Thank You for reading if you have any suggestions go ahead and tell me. Again thank you.