What Are You Doing?

Text~

You sat in front of your computer, eyes glued to the computer screen, which shone bright in the dark bedroom.

You were watching the most recent live stream of "Everything is Pretty,"- Sunhwa and your boyfriend, Youngjae.

It wasn't a big deal; you weren't the jealous type. And, after all, it was just a performance.

But it was so cute that you cringed at the pink hearts all over the place.

You loved cute guys, but everything was so... pretty.

You felt awkward watching the three minutes of lovey-doveyness.

But you were used to the routine: cute dance, aegyo...

Hand holding???

That was new...

You shut your computer and went to bed, deciding not to ponder about it until the next day.

You wouldn't see Youngjae for another three days, as he had a variety show to go on the next day, and you weren't sure what else for the two days after that.

"I just need to do something afterwards. It's no big deal," he had said.

So you had trusted him and did not question him any further.

You held your phone in your hand, playing Pacman as you waited for your boyfriend's text. He always sent you a cute message after any of his live performances.

30 minutes later. Nothing

He's probably busy still or tired, you thought.

One hour later. Still nothing.

You were growing sleepy and bored, but also concerned. You wondered what happened, but soon feel into a deep sleep.

You woke up late the next morning, since you didn't have work that day. You turned you phone on, sure that by now Youngjae would have at least sent a short text.

Nothing.

You texted him. Hi :) How was your performance? You weren't really sure how else to start.

The day dragged on and you lazed about the apartment you shared with Youngjae, although he was often not here. You never got anything back, so you just sighed and sat on your couch. You decided to turn on Count Down, where you saw B.A.P and Secret sitting on one side.

Shindong had asked the members of both groups who their ideal types were. When it was Youngjae's turn, he said

"My ideal type is definitely Sunhwa. She's pretty, she's smart, and she's really fun to work with."

The audience ooe'd and he blushed.

You knew that the B.A.P members always chose the Secret girls, but you were surprised at his sudden certainty. You noticed the glimmer in his eyes, the sincerity that he's always had with you.

You waited a few more minutes. When it was Sunhwa's turn, she said,

"I have to admit my ideal type is Youngjae. He's a dongsaeng, but he's not just a smart boy. He's very charming and good with girls," she stated with a cute voice. And again, more ooing.

You wanted to throw the remote at the T.V. You and Youngjae had been going out for four months already, and he had told everyone in TS, including Secret, so.

You couldn't help but feel jealous and hurt. You felt the tears well up in your eyes, and didn't know who to turn to. You weren't close enough to the other members to vent to them because you had met Youngjae outside of work, when he had visited the bakery you worked at to order a cheesecake for Daehyun.

You sent a text to his phone: I don't know if you're doing this on purpose or not, but we need to talk. With that, you dropped your phone on the couch and headed out to the park.

-Next Day-

You got to work at the Flower Bakery early in hopes of clearing your mind. Sadly, your plan failed immediately. Jin, your high school best friend and co-worker, handed you a magazine, and as soon as you saw it, your heart dropped again.

Only Jin had known that you and Youngjae were together outside of TS.

On the front cover was a double  paparazzi photo of Sunhwa and Youngjae holding hands and hugging. Even though you wanted to cry, you gave a blank expression and told Jin you didn't care. You carried on with work, despite having a headache throughout the latter half of the day.

When you got home, you went on your laptop and again, there was more news and more pictures of Sunhwa and Youngjae. Apparently they had spent the day together at the beach.

So that's the "no big deal?" you thought. You felt betrayed. You had trusted Youngjae completely. In fact, you never imagined you would have found someone like him. Sunhwa was right about what she said on the variety show. Youngjae was fun and loving and he found beauty in all of the flaws you found and disliked about yourself. He treated you special. But now, you realized his love was not only for you.

You felt uncomfortable complaining to Jin because she was always such a happy and upbeat person. Instead, you visited your phone again.

1 New Message.

Sure. Talk about what?

That was far from what you had been expecting. He hadn't even bothered to give you a call, and his tone was so serious and uninterested.

Full of disappointment, you sent another message before going to play Mario Kart to distract you:

Don't play dumb with me. I just want the truth. Was I not enough? You always said I was beautiful, but did you really mean it? You helped me believe in myself. You helped me believe I was pretty. But if you want Sunhwa, why do you keep playing with me? Why can't you just be honest?  Youngjae, I'm tired. I've tried to be a fun girlfriend, but I really don't know how to make you happy, I guess. I don't want you to keep me guessing anymore. When you come back, I guess I'll start packing my things.

Remember when you asked me out? You said we could last, even if we were apart. I would never be the first to blame you, but I kept my half of the deal. You know I never cheated on you. I always cheered you on from home, even if it was just through the computer or the phone. If you didn't want to be my boyfriend anymore, you could have just told me. But since you didn't, I'll say it.

I think we should just be friends.