Dreamland

Dreamland

''It's okay, Kyuhyun. I understand.''

 

His lover was seated on the bed, , head in his hands. The soft sobs he was emitting were breaking his heart. He got closer, pinching his lips not to be weak, sat next to him, and put a hand on his back. He slowly rubbed his back to soothe him, resting his head on his shoulder. He engulfed Kyuhyun in a hug, humming softly.

 

''I told you it was okay, Kyu. I love you. You know that, right ?''

 

Kyuhyun didn't react. It has been more than an hour since the other boy left, leaving Kyuhyun in a daze, in the bed he shared with Donghae. He couldn't stop crying, like any other time he brought someone home. Because this was their home ; where Donghae and him lived and loved eachother.

 

''Donghae'' he cried out ''I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I love you.''

 

Donghae smiled sadly. He knew Kyuhyun cheated on him, he was there everytime it happened. It has started a little less than three years ago. Between the two, Kyuhyun was probably the most hurt of his actions. He couldn't stand another night without finding someone else, and he cried after, regretting it. He always apologized to Donghae, and Donghae always told him he understood. He knew why Kyuhyun did that, and he understood.

 

But somehow, he felt like tonight was different. He felt like it wouldn't like usual ; Kyuhyun wouldn't fall asleep next to him, crying, like every other night. He was right. Kyuhyun got up, crying harder, and started to put on clothes.

 

Donghae couldn't get his eyes off of him. The way his body moved, his muscles, his agility, his beautifulness. Everything about Kyuhyun was so beautiful, even his pained face. Kyuhyun was perfect, and Donghae was just happy to be with him.

 

When Kyuhyun finished to dress himself up, putting on the red scarf Donghae had offered him for their first Christmas together, Donghae stood up. Kyuhyun didn't even spare him a glance.

 

''Where are you going, Kyu ?''

 

No answer. It was okay, Donghae was used to it. Kyuhyun would never look at him to speak directly. It has been a little less than three years since Kyuhyun had started to ignore him like that. But it was okay, because it was Kyuhyun, and Donghae loved him.

 

Kyuhyun paced for a bit in their bedroom, before blowing his nose, and crossed through the house, running. Donghae was surprised, but managed to follow him anyway.

 

''Kyu !'' he called loudly when his lover ran down the street ''Where are you going ?''

 

He still ran after him, because he wanted to know. Why was Kyuhyun even going out at such an ungodly hour ? He was sure it was close to four in the morning, and the winter was present more than ever, snow covering everything around them, downing the sound and drowning them in a white rain while they both ran, Donghae following Kyuhyun.

 

He didn't know just how much they had ran, but he couldn't feel the pain of his breathing ; Kyuhyun looked like he was having a hard time catching his breath.

 

''Are you okay, Kyu ? Where are we ?''

 

He looked around, not recognizing the lost area. There were some very rare lamp posts, for the ones that were still working, in a pretty large street that he knew nothing of. He could still hear Kyuhyun crying, though, and he bit his lower lip, trying to get closer to his lover, but Kyuhyun seemed to dodge him, and walked now almost too calmly to his left.

 

There was a big, black metal door stuck between two walls. Kyuhyun hesitated right at the door, his breath getting harsher, panicked.

 

''I gotta go in'' he told himself.

 

He put a hand on the door and pushed it. Donghae's eyes widened.

 

''Why are we there, Kyu ?''

 

Still no answer.

 

They wandered in the cemetery, Kyuhyun clearly knowing his way around. Donghae didn't know why they were even there in the first place ; he had just followed Kyuhyun when he ran, it seemed logical to him. But go in a cemetery, at four in the morning ?

 

He stopped himself when Kyuhyun dropped on his knees in front of a tomb. He jogged to him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

 

''Kyu, is everything okay ?''

 

''I'm so sorry, Hae'' his lover cried ''I'm sorry I left you like that. I didn't think that would happen right after. If I only knew how much I loved you at that time.''

 

The rest of his words was all blurry. Donghae turned a sad smile toward the tomb. He sat in the snow, next to Kyuhyun, and hugged him like he could.

 

''I'm sorry I left you too, my love. I regret it sincerely. I love you, Kyuhyun''

 

Tears started to run down his cheeks. He didn't know what to do anymore. That was the reason Kyuhyun ignored him for the last three years ; it was his fault. Why did he have to go that day ? If he hadn't, Kyuhyun wouldn't be living like that. He would be happy, found someone else and moved on his short but passionate relationship with Donghae.

 

On the tomb, slowly hid by the snow, were the inscriptions :

 

Lee Donghae

1986-2009

We'll never forget you

Our beloved

 

He smiled at the tomb. He would certainly not leave Kyuhyun a second time. Never.

 

He closed his eyes, and the last thing he could see was Kyuhyun's shocked face, looking clearly at him, shouting his name.

 

I'm glad you can finally see me, my love, he thought before blacking away.