Flashback : Part 2

Wings

. . . . Neither of them were aware of what was going to happen next was going to change their life. 


Hyunae was so happy that they were getting icecream, she started to skip to the shop because of the sudden burst of energy she got just from the thought of getting icecream. Some people were giving her weird stares like *wtf is this girl doing. Isn't she like in college or something...* but she didn't care. *Stop judging people.* she thought. Hyunae skipped ahead of Woohyun, and he didn't mind. He was too caught up in his thoughts, thinking of how cute Hyunae looked when she was skipping. She then stopped at the corner waiting for the light to change so she could cross the street, and she stopped so Woohyun could catch up a bit. It was kinda awkward skipping alone. Once the light changed, Hyunae started walking across the street, not wanting to possibly die. Sadly, fate wasn't on her side today. (Or was it?) In the middle of the street, Hyunae twisted her ankle, causing her to stand in the middle of the street, unable to move. She then heard a horn beeping, and saw a car coming her way, directly at her. Everything that happened next for her was a blur. All she remembered was waiting for the impact, falling to the ground, and drifting off into neverland. (A/N : I had to do that) The last thing she saw was Nam Woohyun, the guy that saved her life. 

Woohyun's POV

I was almost next to Hyunae when the light changed, signaling to pedestrians that they could cross the street now. I ran to the street so I wouldn't miss the light, and I wouldn't lose sight of Hyunae. Then, I saw her stop in the middle of the street, which scared me for a second. I started walking faster to catch up to her to see what was going on, until I heard a horn beeping, and I saw the light change, signaling that the cars could go now. *Oh crap.* I thought. I acted fast, puching Hyunae out of the way and then sheilding myself, waiting for the impact of the car. I felt a sharp pain spread throughout my body, and I hit the floor. I tasted something slightly salty, maybe a rusty taste in my mouth. Then, I saw the ambulance come, and a pool of blood appearing next to me, growing bigger by the second. *Is that my blood?* In the distance, I saw Hyunae, laying in the middle of the street, only a few feet away from me. I saw that there were only minor cuts, probably from me pushing her onto the floor. I feel bad now... I also saw that her eyes were closed, probably from the shock of almost getting killed. I smiled at her, the smile that she always liked. *She's probably in neverland by now. Sweet dreams, my angel.* Then I saw a paramedic lift her up onto a gurny  and her face left the picture painted in front of me. I looked at my watch. *9 years, 364 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds.* I closed my eyes, feeling myself disappearing from the real world and slipping into neverland with Hyunae. 

Lucy's POV

All I remembered was waiting for the impact, feeling a pair of familiar, warm hands push me somewhere, falling to the ground, and drifting off to neverland. For the few seconds that I remember being on the ground, I saw that familiar, cute, handsome face of Nam Woohyun. He was on the ground, too, only a few feet away from what I could see. His face was still perfect, although covered in scratches from the gravel on the ground and had a cut across his cheek. I also saw a pool of blood slowly forming around him, and his feet didn't seem to be in place, neither did his arms. The last thing I saw before fading away into neverland was Nam Woohyun. 

----------------------------

The next time my eyes open up, I find myself in a white room lit up with fluorescent lights. I look around and see machines surrounding the bed, and a bed on each side of my bed. To my right, I see a pretty big window that showed a view of the pplain hallway, doctors and nurses passed by it. Next to the window was a door, which was a light shade of blue. I was all alone in the room, wondering what happened. I remembered almost being hit by a car, but what happened after that? I saw that I had a cast on my left foot, probably from that sprained ankle, and I had a few bandages on my arms and legs, but that was about it. *Who saved me from getting into a car accident? What the hell happened? What time is it? What day is it? Did I go through heaven's door? (A/N: srry i had to do that) Does anyone notice that I'm awake?* random questions like these filled my head. Then, I heard the door open. I turned my head and saw a doctor come in. He informed me that I was out for almost 2 weeks, and that Woohyun had pushed me out of the way, saving my life. I only had minor injuries, and a sprained ankle. I would have to stay in the hospital for another 2 weeks to recover, and possible more, just in case anything happened. Woohyun was in the room next door, and said that he would take me there. Right now. The nice doctor helped me out of bed and put crutches under my arms. After getting used to walking with the crutches, we walked outside and turned right, to the next room. What I saw was not a pleasant scene. Woohyun was laying in bed, asleep. Machines surrounded him like how fangirls would surround a fan, and tubes and wires coming out of the machines were hooked into him like fangirls' arms would be attatched to an idol. He was a mummy, wrapped in bandages, and he looked dead. The doctor informed me, 

"He almost didn't make it. We had to do a lot of surgery on him. He's been out for a while, and will have to stay in the hospital for a while. For now, he has to rest so he can be ready for the next round of surgery." 

I walked into the room, slowly and quietly so I wouldn't wake him up, not that I could. I settled myself down on a chair that was next to his bed and took his hand, which was wrapped up in a bandage. I felt something wet fall onto my hand. *What's that?* my other hand instantly went up to my cheek. I felt moisture on my pale, cold cheek. *Stay strong Hyunae. Stay strong. Don't break down. Don't break down.* But it was too late. Tears were slowly rolling down like waterfalls, more and more came and it didn't stop. 

Narrator's POV

Minutes became hours and hours became days. Days became weeks, which added up to months. Hyunae got discharged from the hospital 3 weeks after the accident. She was reluctant to leave; she couldn't see Woohyun as much now. She still visited everyday. As of right now, it has been 11 months, 29 days, 22 hours, 53 minutes, and 48, now 49 seconds since he's been in the hospital. Now Hyunae's feelings were clear to her. She, Lee Hyunae likes her best friend, Nam Woohyun. It was already Autumn, school started. He had missed a ton of classes already. Good thing Hyunae was in all of his classes. She already took down a ton of notes and had all the homework he missed. 

After class was dismissed, she went directly to the hospital. Everyone knew her already, so she didn't have to tell the people at the front desk anything. Hyunae took the elevator to the 6th floor, and went to room 609. (A/N: anyone who knows where I got those numbers from gets a virtual cookie. I made it pretty easy....) She entered the room, and the same, seemingly dead body welcomed her. The same machines surrounded her friend/crush, and the same sounds came out of it. 

 

"Beep. . . Beep. . . Beep. . . Beep. . ." the monitor showing his heart rate said. 

"Why did he have to push me out of the way? Risking his life for me?" I thought out loud, "Why Woohyun? My best friend....." Looking at him just broke her heart. He was hooked up to tubes and needles, wrapped in bandages. He had been in a coma for the past few months. (A/N: this is supposedly the prologue but i edited it) Exactly 11 months, 29 days, 23 hours,  22 minutes, and 32, now 33 seconds had passed since he had been in a coma. She took a seat, taking off her schoolbag at the same time and putting it on the floor next to her. After thinking for a while, Hyunae said to the lifeless Woohyun,

"You're like my guardian angel, but the only difference between you and an angel is that you're real. My best friend. You're always there for me, but I never realized how I felt towards you until now. You  help me with everything and you support me. You push me forward and help me chase my dreams. You even saved my life! No matter what happens to me, you'll be my wings and pick me up from the ground, so I could fly high into the sky...... Aigoo. I wish he could've heard that." (A/N: anyone know where I got those lyrics from? A virtual cookie if u get it right!) As if in a movie, or a fanfic, or a book, or anything where dreams come true, maybe even like disneyworld, Woohyun slowly opened his eyes.

"I love you too, Hyunae. If that's what you're saying." He shyly said while his cheeks turned a light shade of pink. Hyunae felt her face turn red, burning with embarassment. She looked down to her knees, trying to cover her face. Woohyun noticed, and said, 

"Come closer, Hyunnie." In response, Hyunae scooted her chair closer to Woohyun. 

"Closer Hyunnie." and she lifted herself out of the chair and leaned closer to him. He lifted his head and whispered into her ear, 

"I love you Hyunae. I always have and always will. Will you be my wings?" 

Woohyun's POV (slight flashback) 

I woke up to find myself in a white room, surrounded by machines. *OMG. Did the robots rise up to take out the human race? So this is what happens when I'm out.* But the machines didn't move a bit. *Phew. I thought I was going to die today... Then I wouldn't be able to see my Hyunnie!* Ilturned my head 90 degrees to see Hyunae heading towards the room. *I should surprise her...* and I closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep. After hearing her speech, I had to hug her and ask her something, something I've been waiting to ask for a while. 

Hyunae's POV 

*ERMAGAH. NO WAY. NAM WOOHYUN ACTUALLY LIKES ME. WTF. FREAKIN. GIMME SOME TIME TO PROCESS THIS.* 

"Its okay if you don't like me back, even though you made it pretty obvious." Woohyun said. *Thanks a lot captain obvious.* I was kinda confused, and slightly pissed. He was awake this whole time? WTF NAM WOOHYUN. I wanted to yell at him, but couldn't. Maybe later. After thinking for a bit, I said. 

"Yes." 

"What?" Woohyun asked, wanting to hear the answer again, unsure if his ears were playing games on him. 

"Yes, I'll be your wings." 

Woohyun's POV

Somebody pinch me. Right now. I'm not even kidding. This is crazy. After all this time, my dream came true. Freakin. So this is how its like. Your love loves you. That feeling it amazing. I looked at Hyunae, admiring her happy, bright face. It was so close, I could squish it! I looked at all her facial features, her round, doe-like eyes, her cute nose, slightly big ears, and lastly her red lips. They looked so kissable right now. I leaned closer to her, until we were only a centimeter apart. I could feel her breath on my skin. After staying there for a while, staring at each other, she closed the gap and closed her eyes. Instantly, I closed my eyes. The kiss was amazing. It felt like I was on cloud 9. Her lips tasted like the sweetest chocolate out there. It was soft like clouds, and it was just the best feeling in the world. This kiss was like no other. She then let go, and sat back down on her chair, clearly embarassed. I could read this girl like a book. 

Hyunae's POV

I looked down at the ground again. embarassed. He. Just. Kissed. Me. The. Nam. Woohyun. Kissed. Me. He. Stole. My. First. Kiss. I was actually happy that he did. Technically, I kissed him, but let's not get into details. We stared at each other, smiling, enjoying the other's presence. Then, he asked, 

"What time, date, and year is it right now?" he asked. 

"Um. __/__/__ and its __:__. Why?" I asked. 

"Happy 10 year anniversay Hyunae." Woohyun said. "Its been 10 years since we've known each other, since I fell in love with you. 10 whole years,we've been friends. Dealing with the crap that we have to go through together. Even though I've been unconscious for one of those years, we were still there for each other." and I was just happy. Simply happy. 


So guys. How's the story? should I add an epilogue? Did you guys like it? Please comment and subscribe! and srry if I wrote Lucy for anything instead of hyunae. I used Lucy for the original story. But im using that name in my other story, so i didnt want to copy. Srry if this didnt meet ur expectations too. hopefully it did! tell me if theres anything wrong or anything that doesnt sound write, or if it just sounds weird. I dont mind criticism! And also srry if i put too many A/Ns. I tend to do that a lot. 

Ppyong~ 

inspiritkissmeemily <3